/swg/ - Sienar's folley edition

Last thread: Post about FFG, d6, Saga/d20, X-wing, Lego, Armada and anything else Star Wars Related

Legion announcement
>fantasyflightgames.com/en/news/2017/8/18/star-wars-legion/

Fantasy Flight Games’ X-Wing and Star Wars: Armada Miniatures Games
>pastebin.com/Wca6HvBB

Fantasy Flight Games’ Star Wars RPG System (EotE/AoR/FaD)
>pastebin.com/wCRBdus6

Shipfag's Starship Combat Fixes for EotE/AoR/FaD
>mediafire.com/file/y9w713etmckbs98/Shipfag.JPG
Other Fantasy Flight Games Star Wars Tabletop (Imperial Assault, Star Wars: Destiny and the Star Wars LCG)
>pastebin.com/ZE4gn0yN
Fantasy Flight Games Dice App (Works with X-Wing, Armada, the Star Wars RPG system and Imperial Assault)
>mediafire.com/download/64xy3uy6vepll8v/com.fantasyflightgames.swdice.ver.1.1.4.build.9.apk

Older Star Wars Tabletop (d6, d20/Saga, etc.)
>pastebin.com/wXP0LdyJ

Reference Materials & Misc. Resources
>pastebin.com/AGFFkSin

All Canon Novels and Comics (via /co/)
>mega.co.nz/#F!2R5kDTqQ!WfrDla-jvDIn05U57T9hhQ

Just What IS Canon Anyways?
>starwars.wikia.com/wiki/Canon#2014_reboot
>starwars.wikia.com/wiki/Timeline_of_canon_media

The Clone Wars Viewing Guide
>img.4plebs.org/boards/tg/image/1442/36/1442364889994.png
Writefaggotry
>pastebin.com/Un1UhzZ4
Shipfag's hangar
>drive.google.com/folderview?id=0ByhAdnTlOKOeQnA4SFByUC1aQWM&usp=sharing

Heroes of the Aturi Cluster, co-op X-Wing campaign
>dockingbay416.com/campaign

Bring forth the finest in twin ion engine technology and its misapplications.

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=IIQVAShJzLo
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

next two episodes of rebels are out and man was that way better than the first two of season 4. Saw's fun as the bad uncle that seems fun until you see some of his worse thoughts, and we killed off a lot of imperial officers we had names to. Also really enjoyed seeing death troopers, even though they ended up kind of lame.

>we
Ezra, is that you?

y-you can't prove a thing!

Is there any reasonable way a group of Rebel-aligned PCs could defeat a Missile Boat? I'm planning on using one as the "final boss" of a starfighter campaign I'm running, and I want to keep the encounter fair while still being challenging.

youtube.com/watch?v=IIQVAShJzLo
Ofcourse. They would have to sabotage it, or just lure it out into a preset ambush. Lead them down a hyperspace chase into mines, and then finish them off with the aid of a squadron of starfighters/whatever you can scrounge up from the local sector.

Can someone explain the appeal of the Y-Wing? I've heard a lot of people say they're like fast interceptors, but Legends books I've read reference them as slow. Where'd this "quick in a straight line," meme come from? What's the worth of it beyond carrying a few more torpedoes than an X-Wing?

Does anyone have that picture of the genderbent Tarkin, Krennic and Hux(?)

>Reasonably well armored
>Can be scrounged in numbers due to long service in the clone wars
>more easily configured for missions because of the high payload capacity
>Ion weapons built in

got you senpai

I've always imagined the Y Wing as kind of like the F4 Phantom of the star wars universe. At the time it was a great multi role fighter craft with a good turn of speed, tough and packing a punch. By the time A New Hope rolled around it was outclassed by newer ship designs; it couldn't dogfight with TIE fighters and X Wings packed more punch while still being able to keep up with the latest imperial fighters. The Rebellion kept using the Y Wing because they had them in inventory and they could still serve at light bombers/attack craft.

I hate Disney so fucking much, they could have made the Avenger the Imperial prototype version of the Y-wing but no, it has to be a retarded atmospheric fighter instead

The Y-Wing was reasonably fast, well armed, well armoured, and is easily maintained (once the original cladding is removed at least).

Parts are plentiful, and you can be fairly confident that you will be able to find a mechanic's workshop with the right tools to fit them easily. Also, unlike a ship like the X-Wing, the Y-Wing is common in civilian / private business hands, so you won't arouse suspicions in the same way if an Imperial patrol spots you (they'd likely still order a search, but less likely to be shoot-on-sight).

More utility. The Y-wing has a secondary cannon or backseat gunner, and can be configured for a bomb-rack. They also have slightly more robust hulls, and are cheaper and easier to manage. Xs will eventually phase out the Y Fighter/Bomber for an even more robustly multirole Strike Fighter, but even still when you need bomb/torp trucks bad and you're on a budget, Ys are for you. B-Wings are friggin' expensive after all.

>Where'd this "quick in a straight line," meme come from?

Oldest reference materials have that Xs, Ys and eyeballs are all roughly the same speed. Given her pretty sizable engine to hull ratio, one can assume Ys have some decent go, but lack surfaces to house more fine maneuvering systems. Later works played up the "competitive balance" aspect, Ys are tough and heavy, so they need to be slow and turn bad. A-Wings are fast, so they need to be fragile and minimally armed, etc.

>
>>Reasonably well armored
>>Can be scrounged in numbers due to long service in the clone wars
>>more easily configured for missions because of the high payload capacity
>>Ion weapons built in
>
>got you senpai

We never see the "full" version of y-wings in the movies.
Does the streamlining / cowling actually do anything other than make the y-wings more areodynamic in atmosphere?

Presumably, the smooth external plating on the Y-wing is armor. Rebel ground crews hated how maintenance-intensive the outer plates were so they stripped the old girl down to her bare necessities. All the better to expose that delicious Star Wars-y greeble.

is it out on the XD app yet, I usually watch them with my dad and he's a purist that always wants to do shit legally

This isnt what they looked like in CW, right?
Because in Clone Wars I always thought they looked really chunky/ugly with armour on.

That, however, looks pretty damn nice.

It's not. That image comes from one of the old visual dictionaries. TCW's Ys are also a different variant, IIRC (BTL-B while the Rebellion typically uses BTL-A4s and BTL-A3s).

>BTL-A3s)
Typo. It's BTL-S3s.

Ah, i guess that'd do it.
Thanks user, I thought I was going nuts.

>tfw you will never fly mercenary fighter-bombers from an old pirate lord-gone-legit's scrounged venator with so much personality it becomes a character as well

I dunno man, sounds like a pretty great EotE / AoR campaign.

I run starfighter-heavy games in Warbirds (also using its Soace Age splat for dogfights in space) but yeah. I can dream. Might get a chance to GM it here in a few months.

Funny, had a similar idea. Regardless, which of the star wars systems do you guys think is the best fit for a starfighter (x-wing centric) campaign? Preferably one where the players are not too squishy in a starship

See . I don't use any of the exclusive Star Wars games. Warbirds is my go-to, with things reskinned to fit Star Wars.

But that idea is dumb too

how active is this general, /co/ is having a discussion about it in ours, come on in guys.

I wanna fug Hux

it comes and goes. /co/ is more of a miserable eternally waifuposting hellscape. There's not much quality in there compared to Veeky Forums. But atleast you can count on them for streaming links so they are still near human in my book. And lets not start any star wars, they have strength in shitposting numbers.

>starting board wars
fuck off

>Might get a chance to GM it here in a few months.

Well shit man, i hope I'm around when you advertise it.

Oi lads, what kind of creatures should I throw at my EotE players who are trying to loot a Clone Wars-era abandoned base for sellable items?

I promise we have more redeeming features than just streaming links, The problem is a whole lot of /tv/ fags and people that don't like cartoons or comics or are just autists that want to discuss Star Wars come to swco because we get freebies on whatever we want to discuss and it's fucking annoying as hell because the shitposting is constant.

/co/ is a different beast at its core from Veeky Forums. different creative drives, different surrounding board culture, different opinions on canon and what is highly rated in the fandom. I'm not going to hop into the /co/ thread and discuss how to stuff over 40 people into a Y-wing by butchering the fucking thing in a machine shop, and I'm not going to post much about rebels or clone wars characters here. These threads are definitively different strokes for different folks.

I apologize for this fag we're dealing with a newfag infestation at /swco/ and the jannies haven't fixed it yet

Super-mutant mynocks

Mine crabs.

Which side?
Republic or CIS?

Why not Headcrabs

It's a republic base, so crazy battle droids are not really an option

Why not? Theres an old technician who's been there since the end of the CW and has gone around the bend after so long alone. He's cobbled together droids and dressed them in bits and pieces of clone trooper armor to keep himself company and stand ready to resist and Separatist invasion force.

a crazed grizzled Clone that has set up booby traps throughout the base and reprogrammed battle droids

Dead clones who might have the long-dormant remains of a CIS bioweapon plague on them.
The Station's science officer and labs were close to a cure, but died before they finished it.
Might be interesting to have a non-combat problem alongsie whatever else.

I gotta mention, the base is at least outwardly safe, as smugglers have been using it as a dead drop for deals, which is why the players' new employer knows about it, but he's in a tight spot and could use any resellable junk - hence the looting.

An old clone commando infiltrating the facility on one last mission.

They could always run into another team of looters. Who's to say how many people the employer has told/sold the information to.

garble garble... hey...

So guys, what do you think is the explanation as to why in rebels the normal death troopers all speak garble but the commander speaks in a normal voice?

>Hey Death Trooper Commander, status report?
>garble GARBLE bzzz buzz garble
>the fuck? tell me the status
>garble gorble bzzzz
>what the fuck

The garbling is what the rebels hear because it's scrambled. When we hear the commander it's because we are hearing the Imperial comms

The death troopers are also canonically cyborgs so I imagine she can understand the garble which is just their voices but scrambled

I mean if a normal Imperial officer asked that. In Rogue One none of the Death Troopers are seen speaking directly to anyone but themselves.

They're alreay trailed by a bounty hunter brought forth by a player's Obligation

I already plan to have Clone Big Boss and Not-Motherbase later in the game, I wouldn't want to go overboard with references.

Our general goes in bursts.

Its cool, not like we aren't going to fall into a massive shitfest over here soon enough, what with the movie just on the horizon.

sup /swg/, I'm making alt art cards for a prize-walll, and I'm wondering what cards would be good to include.

Here's a list of potential cards I'm thinking of making- I'm only going to print 600 to 1000 total cards, what's a good amount of each to include? Also, I'm thinking some may be in... questionable taste.

- Trioculus and Dark Greetings! condition (Alternate Hux/Fanatical Devotion)

- Merasmus (Alternate Scum Nym)

- Bombinomicon (Alternate Bomblet Generator)

- Agency Burgular (Alternate Intelligence Agent)

- Palpatine that reads "Once per round, you can cheat (But only a little bit)"

- Genius that reads "If you are equipped with a bomb that can be dropped when you reveal your maneuver, you may put that shit wherever you feel like, I don't care"

- Wampa that is Pic Related (but with re-done art)

- Lowhrick, but the ship he is in reads "Auzitistic Gunship" and/or he is wearing a Please be patient... hat

Any other suggestions for ideas? What's the proportion of cards that should be

It fills the F/A role that, say, Navy Hornets do in real life. A solid combination of ground attack and air dominance capability, excelling at neither.

What about an Aussie-tuck where Lowhrick is dressed up like Crocodile Dundee?

TLT should be BLT.
Duchess should have a picture of Archer.
Tycho Celchu struggling to hold all his stress tokens (why can't i hold all these ___ meme).
Any Sabine Wren card just saying "Sabine Wren's Sabine Wren" any where for anything.
Kihrax fighter purposely misspelt.
Replace Heff Tobber with K2SO (U-wing).
Captain Kagi renamed Captain Corgi (Lambda).
Alternatively, Lamba renamed Palp Mobile.
The Inquistor renamed Spanish Inquisition (find a way to fit how no on expects him)
Somehow incorporate Vegeta dying into Fels Wrath (pic related).
Whisper replaced with the Whisperer (Shrek/Puss in boots short).
Any/All IG-88s renamed Brobot A-D.
Boba Fett renamed Bobs Feet.
Bossk renamed Party Bossk.

Just throwing out shit for inspiration.

Insteed of "Backdraft" you could have "Brapdraft"

Rey's pilot card done up as "Amuro Rey."

Apparently the /co/ thread has a lot more waifuposting and nucanon discussion, while Veeky Forums is more focused on the tabletop and EU.

>- Palpatine that reads "Once per round, you can cheat (But only a little bit)"
legit giggle

I should probably go more in-depth with my decision and what I'm trying to decide.

Unfortunately, cards cost money to print- specifically 8.5 cents per card for upgrades and more for pilots, unless I want 5k+ cards, in which case it becomes 4 cents each for upgrades and 2x that for pilots. I want to spend $100 or less+comission fees for TRIOCULUS.

That means every card I make eats into my budget, either just as a card that has been created, or in commission fees. (unless I can sell a block of these somewhere to recoup said cost, but I'm not looking to make a profit)

I'm not sure if anything should be commissioned, and what a good distribution for remaining money/cards to print would be. (no, 500 trioculus sets is not a serious option)

What cards should go to print, and in what quantities?

Finally finished painting my Imperial Assault Han Solo, right on time to add him to my list using his new upgrade. (3PO has been done for a while, but I haven't posted him before, I don't think.)

>download Strange Eons
>find/commission art
>make cards in Strange Eons
>save as high-def print version
>buy satin-gloss printer card stock at local retailer
>print FFG, or near-FFG quality cards depending on which card stock you get

Only thing that will be somewhat expensive is commissions

3po looks pretty good, glad you got the leg

>Bad guy: Anakin, join me! We must destroy the Jedi so that we can control the Republic and manipulate its democratic values in the favor of our order!

>Good guy: Anakin, don't listen to him! We must destroy the Sith so that we can control the Republic and manipulate its democratic values in the favor of our order!

I like that both Jedi and Sith are dicks in the PT.

Nigga, i'm getting both better quality paper and pre-cut cards using a service, and I'm sure as fuck not cutting out 1000 cards.

I'm asking for ideas that would be worth commissioning and what cards are expexted to be popular since I'll be giving them out.

Yeah that movie may be pretty crap but the general politics/storyline are solid.

Thanks. Most of the guys I play with ask "Wait, did 3PO have a silver leg in the movies?" the first time they see him.

I think your current curation outside of the wookie is pretty good in that case. That joke would go over like a lead balloon where I play.

>Good guy: Anakin, don't listen to him! We must destroy the Sith so that we can control the Republic and manipulate its democratic values in the favor of our order!
Who says this, when?

Gotten any visions about the board's future lately? Head on over to the Official Veeky Forums Meta thread
Help spread the word fellas

>Gotten to like 500 XP in our FnD campaign
>Have the best lightsaber in the party
>have only used it twice due to our party being determined to stay undercover and my character is dedicated aesthetically to using a training stick in most fights

Latest Rebels concept art

>dat U-wing
I can hear the /swg/ ship-lovers' erections springing up from here.

Was pretty agile in the show too!

Are there official stats for the u-wing in the tabletop yet?

Nyet, but I bet they'll be in that new book focused on the Pre-Yavin era they're working on.

I'd say a SIL 3 with decent speed and handling, the ability to get +1 defense or +1 handling with the wing configuration, 3-4 HP and definitely Heavy Lasers considering how much punch it packed against an Arq on screen. Knowing FFG they'll make it a SIL 4 though.

>sil 5
>handling +3
>HT:12
[>[copypasted Y-wing weapon stats]
you know it's gonna be like this

>how much punch it packed against an Arq on screen
Aren't capital ships in Filoni's shows ridiculously fragile?

I'm not super familiar with TCW, but in Rebels it swings back and forth. Mostly it's Arquitens in particular which seem a little fragile - though that said their tendency seems to breach hull and loose power rather than "dramatic whole integrity failure" (i/e explode spectacularly).

Star Destroyers have only gone down to ludicrously dramatic explosions, many of them internal.

yep,
>Aren't capital ships in Filoni's shows ridiculously fragile?
yes, to the point of absurdity. Hell, they're FFG fighter fragile. I suppose it's on account of having to do the fights in ~3-5 minutes, but still

Capital ships are ridiculously fragile when the narrative calls for it. Happens in all the movies too.

Also the latest episodes had the first depictions of a Theelin male.

The EU also is full of this bullshit where one minute capital ships are unstoppable juggernauts and the next they're mash of mushy toilet paper. It seems to happen to Star Destroyers more often than other ships, which is insult to injury since ISDs were supposed to be the toughest main line battleships of the GCW era.

Not bad. I get angry when I see Threepio without the silver leg.
My one suggestion: Give him some very light dabs with Typhus Corrosion, especially in the shadowed areas and in joints. You'd be amazed at the difference a little grime can make.

The Battle of Endor is a failure. The Death Star II is completed, the Rebel fleet is decimated, and the Rebel Alliance's manufacturing centres at Mon Cala and Chandrila are blockaded heavily by invasion fleets, cutting off the Rebellion's ability to rearm itself immediately.

What happens to the galaxy?

The Executor was destroyed by an A-Wing crashing into the bridge.

The rebel alliance fails what the fuck do you think will happen?

Well I don't think the Rebels would give up entirely, even with the second death star making their operations a lot riskier, and their resources cut off. As long as the Empire exists there's going to be people driven to try to overthrow them, especially as the atrocities escalate.

I never understand how I can hate Rebels' art style but love all of its concept art.

Probably a return to strike and fade shipping raids, guerilla actions and a increased alliance bounty to privateers willing to take on imperial supply convoys.

Sure the DSII is a huge piece of deadly hardware but draw away it's support ships and starve it of food, fuel and supplies and it will be ripe for infiltration by sabotage teams.

As says everything kinda goes to shit. Endor was everything for the Rebellion, the military power can't be replenished if their industrial power is blockaded so no more warships, just crappy freighters, and with the loss of their most charasmatic leaders not eventhe sharp increase in martyrs is going to unify the galaxy.

Palps knew that Endor was a doe or die, he planned on it being his final decisive blow against the Rebellion. In the film he was wrong because he underestimated the Rebels present. If they die there are no more variables to consider, he's won.

Except for Vader. Losing both his kids like that may, if dramatically appropriate, send him on a revenge spiral to usurp the Emperor himself. GCW 2.0: Sith Boogaloo. The people in that Throne room were the real power players.

Same team from TCW, half the budget to realise their visions.

An Empire without opposition would fragment pretty quickly. Some charismatic leader (maybe Thrawn, maybe a moff, maybe Vader) could potentially split off and try to wrest power from Palpatine.

Palpy wanted to blow Mon Cala and Chandrila up after he won Endor