Warhammer 40,000 General /40kg/

da blue wunz iz lucky edition

>Warhammer Community news
warhammer-community.com/2017/10/22/new-faqs-and-errata-for-the-astra-militarum-and-beyond-oct-22gw-homepage-post-1/

>Daily Duncan
youtube.com/watch?v=V2MOmj-D9uo

>Eldar entire codex revealed by Striking Scorpion 1488
youtube.com/watch?v=4ne8vBVT8N0&t=

>GW FAQ (1.1):
games-workshop.com/en-US/Rules-Errata

>FW FAQ (1.1):
warhammer-community.com/2017/07/15/new-and-updated-forge-world-faqs-july16gw-homepage-post-2/

>Rules and such. Use Readium on pc/iphone, lithium/kobo on android:
>Everything 8th edition in properly converted pdf & epub, fully bookmarked and linked with in-line errata annotations
mega.nz/#F!bF0ExS4D!_XaMECn0K9HiJKUFSopJLA

>Other Megas
mega.nz/#F!64wmnBZR!rWcm37EkOOeToeueqhPjpA
mega.nz/#F!BxI1HSgI!0tKymKh9RZTzGpgIA5EyCg
mega.nz/#F!9NchGZyZ!-V1LhJALxDp9Tw97WzEQGA
mega.nz/#F!pFgm0RKR!J06C1gVYcjzNGsF8YNLsjQ
>Old Black Library Mega
mega.nz/#F!wx4BiKhD!YhnAf1BqSmAB8dO6xDM56Q

>WIP Math-hammer doc (Thanks Chart-user!)
1d4chan.org/wiki/Category:Warhammer_40000_Tactics(8E)

First for the Drukhari!

First for World Eaters and Khorne!

Battle Maid Roombas when?!

Fuck you fucking elf bitchboy 1 fucking second fucking bullshit fucking take your skull for the throne!

third for hrud

The new Commissar rule is great. Now IG players know exactly how their own men feel about having a Commissar around. It's totally fluffy!

In fact, it's the best, fluffiest unit in the game! Just imagine, that fear of breaking under morale, that apprehension and resentment from having a Guardsman executed! We're forging that narrative hardcore, 8E style!

Guard are perfectly balanced now and commissars are worth their points

Who would you wager gets the very last codex of 8th edition

My bet is Orks or Ministorum

xth for local incompetent fucktwit makes everything worse for everyone

It's simple, gentlemen. We kill the Commissar.

Would you eat Duncan's cookies?

>Ministorum
probably going to be rolled into Imperial Agents and no way in hell Inquisitors will be that late

Really? I thought executing your own soldiers after suffering catastrophic casualties usually has a calming influence on the troops?

When GW writes meme rules

i'd eat duncans ass

it's even simpler
we don't bring one and spend the extra points on more guardsmen

X+1th for people who are bad at math thinking Commissars can compete with Officio Prefectus tanks.

I would say SoB, but I doubt they'll have their codex before 10th

So my guess is Necrons

Not if you're an infantry squad spammer!

That's nearly an extra squad spent on a guy who will probably increase your casualty rate.
>That moment when you realize a commissar only does his job when d6+1

No, you just bring a commissar tank. It's literally always better.

So when are the salty Guards players going to leave?

Why the fuck would a subcontractor your boss hired murdering one of your coworkers relax you?

I'd bring an inquisitor, you're playing imperial soup anyway

What units are best for Tyranids in Zone Mortalis type boards(hallways, rooms) besides Hive Guard obviously. Assuming effects can’t reach through walls(auras, Smite, etc).

So wait your mad that you cant just spam one single unit over and over and actually have to bring variety to your lists?

because it wasn't you?

Good, the only people who owned Commissars either deserved this punishment and now have a useless model, or they loved Commissars so much they'll still use them anyway.

Since Death korps of Krieg units have the Astra Militarum keyword, does this mean they can use the generic (non-Catachan, Cadia, etc.) stratagems, warlord traits and relics from the AM codex ?

Generate a Thousand Sons psyker discipline

But the next one could be you. Your murder is still on the table. And the alternative was no one being murdered at all. No, idiot, normal, rational human beings would become MORE panicked after something like that happens.

Summary execution should cause permanet -1Ld each time it happens, stacking.

>WHEN

it's not about the leadership buff , it's about one of our most iconic units being nerfed into being a literal detriment to your army while the unit responsible for the nerf stays the exact same and can still be run while ignoring morale as usual

>taking a unit that actively punishes you for bringing it

U wot

Until they get their own rules from FW, yes. However, if you're doing it right, they can't use "Catachan only" characters and rules, even if you pick Catachan, because they are Krieg and not actually Catachan. Most people ignore this, but they are WAACfags.

Casting value 6: Select a friendly unit within 18", give them -1 ap on their shots/stabs.

There are none here. Just everyone laughing and talking about how salty Guard players are despite no Guard players caring. They all switched to infantry squads after the codex update.

Genestealers, hormagants, and prime/broodlord backup seem good in hallway scenerios

>new errata: commissar tanks execute D6 models
>2D6 if the tank moved less than half distance last turn

It looks like a conversion from a Bloat Drone.

And you know, that's fine. I just wish they'd let us know instead of keeping us waiting.

Cast 9: Deal 1 mortal to every enemy unit within 9'' (Maximum 9 unit)

>not using the models he likes because their rules are bad
>I SWEAR I'M NOT WAAC GUYS

how many thin coats of sugar or chocolate powder do they have
currently the Inquisiton keyword would prevent you from benefiting from doctrines
hopefully they fix that the moment they announce whatever codex the Inquisiiton is going to be in

The issue was not the Commissar itself. The issue was Conscripts and Commissar.

If they kept the normal rule for everyone but Conscripts it would had been fine. Now Conscripts still ignore moral but requieres a little bit more effort. As in oh now I have to roll 2d6 or use cp

Did he jerk off in the dough? Because I won't eat them unless he did.

Yes, but the FAQ finally actually bans them from taking a doctrine.

>oh man i'm gonna die if i keep fighting
>look timmy is already making a run for it
>BLAM
>oh shit i forgot that guy is here to shoot us if we run
>also now litlle timmy is going to hell because i'm a religious zealot and this guy is enforcing my gods will

Does anyone else think an IG vanguard of only bullgryns with mauls being lead by an Inquisitor would be hilarious, running around clubbing everyone like seals

What part of that sounds calm to you?

for some reason no
this isn't explained in depth at all and it makes 0 sense

Cast 8: Deal 1d3+1 wounds to a unit. Deal an additional wound for each unsaved wound. Continue ad-infinitum.

Basically just a Volkite spell.

Funnier with bodyguard spam and primaris psykers.

There's a difference between picking medicore units and LAAC.

I miss Slaanesh user

Kriegers don't make sense.

They can use the generics, just not the specifics or doctrines.

"MEN, DO YOU SEE THAT MAN THERE?"

The bullgryns grunt in confusion

"HE BAD"

none
what part of that sounds like genric guardsman# 1256485668 is now going to run away to save his hide like he was originally planning when he knows he's gonna get shot if he tries ?

>picking units based on anything but looks

The only thing mediocre here is you.

That'd be tougher to kill, but I like the idea of more models, scurrying around bipping folks in their heads all happy like

commissars are still really good for 10 man squads and smaller

Cast: 9: Draw a straight 1mm line 12" in length. Deal 1 S:8 AP:-4 D:D6 hit to each model in the line. It's just molten beam from 7th. It'll give casters the ability to actually fight vehicles.

Not really since 3 or more dead guys gets withing the trigger happy Commissar

"We go thump 'im now"

>The only thing mediocre here is you.

That's funny coming from the guy who probably loses every single game he plays. How's the LAAC club going?

This.

ah my bad i read it wrong

cast 8: target a rubric unit, it heals d3 wounds (these can replace dead models).

I would not accept this.
Primarines got rereleases of every unit in DI, and we have to make due with a conversion, a scytheless LoC, and a popcorn plaguecaster, both of which you can't buy separately?

3 full bullgryn squads is a hell of a thumpin

I mean, if I followed your advice, I'd solely field renegade knights with dual avengers, but that's WAACfaggotry, is it not?

Actually, Primaris didn't get everything in the DI box released separately. Captain in Travis armor is still only from there, as are the Primaris Lieutenants.

>still really good
>when it's already been proven than a summary execution causes more casualties on average than a normal morale test
>when multiple regiment have the 8ld by default , the only merit to the commisar
>when you can spend a cp and get a ld9 leman russ bubble,
>when you can buy a ccs and a banner for less points and get the same effect , even better on doctrines that already boost leadership
>when a commisar is the price of 8 guardsmen when he will at best save 1 (which is already ofset by the extra casualty you take on average with summary execution)

there is absolutely no reason to include one with a regular infantry squad
just grab an extra infantry squad for a few points more

Fa/tg/uys can i throw a question we have been reeing about for the last hours?

Me and some friends have a pen and paper warhammer shit (they are punny guards man trying to survie, Normal right?) And somebody said that it you inflict enough damange to a power pack from a Spacemarien/chaos Spacemarien powerarmour it would explode like a newborn star. I say its bullshit because it would just stop functioning cuz of some Failsafe from the mechanicum (deez cogsbois re smart roight?)

Is there any fluff that backs up any theroie?

33 maulgryns and an Inquisitor for about 1500, it would be glorious

People who cries WAAC are often people that are both bad at the game and don't paint their armies. Pay them no mind.

WAAC is being an ass on the rules and going obviously against their spirit by exploiting design mistakes.

Not being dumb in army composition for matched play is not being WAAC.

If you want to just align the units you like best, why the hell would you care about anything but PL ? Just make your unbound armies, a nice narrative and get the dice rolling.

>How's the LAAC club going?

Winningly.

Oh look! Its WAACFAG TIME!

++ Brigade Detachment +9CP (Imperium - Astra Militarum) [102 PL, 2000pts] ++

+ Uncategorised +

Regiment: Catachan

+ HQ +

3x Primaris Psyker [2 PL, 40pts]: 3) Psychic Barrier, 5) Mental Fortitude, Force Stave

Tempestor Prime [3 PL, 40pts]: Chainsword, Tempestus Command Rod

+ Troops +

Conscripts [4 PL, 90pts]: 30x Conscript

Militarum Tempestus Scions [5 PL, 125pts]
. 4x Scion: 4x Hot-shot Lasgun
. 4x Scion w/ Special Weapon: Hot-shot Volley Gun
. Scion w/ Vox-caster: Hot-shot Laspistol, Vox-caster
. Tempestor: Chainsword, Hot-shot Laspistol

Militarum Tempestus Scions [5 PL, 153pts]
. 4x Scion w/ Special Weapon: Plasma gun
. Tempestor: Bolt pistol, Chainsword

Militarum Tempestus Scions [5 PL, 149pts]
. 4x Scion w/ Special Weapon: Meltagun
. Tempestor: Bolt pistol, Chainsword

+ Elites +

3 Ministorum Priests [6 PL, 105pts]: Autogun, Chainsword

3 Platoon Commanders [6 PL, 75pts]: Chainsword, Plasma Pistol

9 Ratlings [4 PL, 63pts]

+ Fast Attack +

3 Hellhounds [18 PL, 360pts]Heavy Flamer, Track guards

+ Heavy Support +

2 Basilisks [14 PL, 216pts]

Leman Russ Executioner [10 PL, 191pts]:Heavy Flamer, Plasma Cannons, Storm Bolter

Manticore [8 PL, 133pts]

++ Total: [102 PL, 2000pts] ++

Oh look. 90 conscripts. Ignoring morale. And not a commissar in sight.

Remind me what the nerf was for again?

Aren't DG getting DI "rereleases" too? Plague Marines just got one.

Deathwatch (the space marine RPG) has rules for taking damage to the power pack.

>mfw Kriegers have krak grenades
>mfw they can use the Grenadiers stratagem and throw 10 krak grenades at once

>: Alright, listen up. Until we can close that warp portal, our priority's containment. Ratling, I want you on that roof, eyes on everything. Call out patterns and strays.

> Valkriie pilot, you got the perimeter. Anything gets more than three blocks out, you turn it back or you turn it to ash.

>Primaris Psyker, you gotta try and bottleneck that warp portal. Slow 'em down. You got the lightning. Light the bastards up.

>You and me, Commissar, we stay here on the ground, keep the fighting here.

>And Ogryn.

>Smash

Anyone know the contents of the new tyranid SC?

Saw it posted here a few days ago but forgot to save it

I bet this fag uses FW doors.

a) i don't think so, why are they even using exterminatus weaponry when a small space marine powerpack can do the same ?
b) how would a fucking guardsman ever even know about this if it was true ?
c) how does every space marine fight not end in the whole planet exploding as some dude's powerpack gets shot by a stray bullet and explodes
the only thing that i can think of is that the powerpack of a lasgun can be overheated to function like a krak grenade

It's fusion energy reactors. Those don't explode. Fusion need to be sustained to produce energy, when damaged it just dissipate like a fart. (contrary to fission used in IRL nuclear reactors).

What explode is battery pack, like lasgun cells or MK1 power armors.

Yeah, just not the HQs barring Typhus and Mortarian. Granted, I'm sure after the two weeks of elven hell is over, we'll get something, at the very least, the Blight Hauler and LoC kit.

What army should I look at after I finish collecting my Death Guard? I'm wanting something different to DG, of course.

Power armor backpacks are nuclear powered, but you'd think out of all the millions of marines, you'd see at least one exploding because of his backpack. I know for a fact you can damage the backpack beyond functioning and repair, and the marine is then stuck in slow, heavy armor with no power, but I've never heard of them exploding.

Plenty of other marine vehicles and plasma guns and imperial titans explode all the time though, killing everyone around them. So it's kind of weird the guys walking around with nukes on their backs don't.

This is beautiful. Ratlings are a good addition, I like the idea of an army of abhumans. It would probably be decently good

post pics of your painted dudes fighting other painted dudes

Think it was a broodlord, 8 genestelers, and a trygon.

This. Fucking this.

You think nesting comissarss will stop the soup lists? Think again.

The commissars are just the most obvious path. There's still valhallan relic, DD commissar warlord, and of course mental fortitude.

And if all else fails you can just BUY a morale test pass.

I just checked in Dark Heresy and Deathwatch RPG, both of them simply have the fusion reactor powering down, no explosion.

any proxies for dark reapers? want 15 for my list but don't want all the finecast

As
said, only fission reactors explodes. Fusion need a feedback of energy for the reaction to be sustained, while fission need to be "cooled down" perpetually for it to not Chernobyl.

No user i thought it would stop conscripts being virtually immune to morale.
And guess what. It did

Wait. Why is 30k Magnus there?

I'm guessing Counts-as-Librarian?

Not that, they are still rather immune.
It turn from an self driving care list to an auto pilot list