Just a thread to vent about my stupid fucking DM

Just a thread to vent about my stupid fucking DM
>Be paladin
>Commit an act of dishonour without me knowing it and DM tells me my God has stripped me off my paladin powers
>"Ok, I can deal with this, I'll just do good deeds and it shall be fine"
>We killed a demon Lord, help the city of Corvis against an invasion of an undead army and stopped some of the party members from being evil dickheads
>I go to some high level.priest to ask him.for forgiveness
>"Lol nope, you still not have done anything valuable as to win back your powers"

I fucking want to murder you, Adan

Your DM sounds like a massive faggot.

Take advice from pic related on what to do to your DM.

I hope Adan shows up. It's always fun to see OP get BTFO when we discover all the parts he left out of his story.

>Commit an act of dishonour without me knowing it

you're the paladin. This sounds like your fault.

Hey, at least you didn't fall for trying to talk a psycho fallen angel out of murdering a bunch of demonstrably Good in a D&D alighment sense people.

>Ok, I can deal with this, I'll just do good deeds and it shall be fine
Not how it works. You have to show true repentance and, as far as I can tell, you seem like the kind of guy who sees his faith as nothing but a source of sikk smitez and rad healz.

>Iron Kingdoms
>Gods granting powers

what clusterfuck are you even wasting your time with

what was the act of dishonour?

I intimidated a guy who turned out to be a Paladin in disguise.

Guarantee he did something obviously heinous and did nothing actually repentant about it. Maybe he did some good things, but nothing to redress the wrong he committed.

All the party complained, we didn't have any means of knowing he was a good guy, we all tried to get him to tell us who he was but to no avail. How the fuck was I supposed to know? I rolled a fucking 21 and still the DM told me nothing

>I beat the shit out of someone who didn't have it coming

So you just attacked someone because they didn't tell you who they were?

I didn't attack the guy, just told him to let us pass through the gate, he escaped screaming because he was scared and BOOM, fallen paladin.

He said he Intimidated them, which is much different. And honestly, a Paladin has a pretty good reason to be suspicious if somebody is that secretive and in denial about stuff. It's just as likely they'd be a secret demon in disguise or something and would kill a baby as soon as the Paladin turned around and he'd fall for not pressing hard enough

nah thats bullshit. scaring people who impede you isn't dishonorable.

Killing a demon lord is way overkill an atonement. you could atone for full.on murder with that.

>I just told him to let us pass
>He ran away screaming

Nigga, unless your DM is full retard, I'm finding it hard to believe that you "just intimidated" him. Plus, which is it? He wouldn't let you pass him or he wouldn't identity himself?

>intimidated the guy by crushing some kids head with my hammer
>he ran away screaming
>this is somehow dishonorable

I'm the guy who said he wouldn't identify himself, and I was just making a guess as to what it might have been.

And I could see the Paladin running in fear being a possibility if the DM was retarded and thinks that's what a successful intimidate check means.

We were questioning his authority since he didn't want to let us pass, we asked for his identity and he refused to tell us. I intimidated him as in "MOVE AWAY FROM THE GOD-DAMNED DOOR, NOW" , next thing I know is he's running away and the DM tells me I just successfully intimidated a paladin and thus I have committed an act of dishonour

That's retarded if that's how it went down.

If those were your exact words, it might even be something double retarded like using god as a swear

Your DM is a cunt, and as a cunt, it should be punted.

DMs who make paladins fall are the most retarded assholes in the world, and this is the most retarded reason in the world to fall on top of it, so he must be doubly retarded.

Namely, a double retard

1. I don't see how the other person being a Paladin is relevant, beyond the fact that they were an innocent/not your enemy
2. Since when is intimidation fall-worthy? What exactly is your Paladin Code? Does it mention that being kinda mean or threatening can cause you to lose your mojo? Because that's not normal.

>tell a guy that refuses to identify himself to fuck off and he pees his pants
>"LEL WAS PALADIN YOU FALL"

Do me a favor and after you tell this cunt to restore your Pally status, wear a disguise and go around paladins telling them that they are bastards of dogs. Just to see if the same retarded rules apply to them too.

Hey user, assuming your DM isn't a pussy bitch you should show him this thread so we can help convine him he should reinstate you and call him a faggot to his face.
Actually it's mostly just so we can call him a faggot to his face.

Maybe your chosen deity is an asshole.

Nah, don't even call them anything. Just stand in the doorway to the Paladin temple wearing a black cloak, and rum away crying if anyone uses a slightly firm tone

Regardless of OPs story being real or not, why do so many fucks pull this shit on their Paladins? Back in the Pathfinder days every DM tried this crap.

>"Oh, you healed that beggar? He was really an assassin that exclusively eats babies, you aided evil and fall."
>"The Paladin drank with his companions. Drinking is a sin so he falls, and he wasn't focused on fighting evil because he was laughing so he double falls"
>"Why did you attack that Demon / Vampire / Cultist with a staff made of orphan spines? He didn't get a chance to surrender and might have been good, you fall"
>"That painter you saved goes on to become Elf Hitler, you started fantasy WW2 and you fall. If you try to go kill him to stop it you fall for killing an innocent."

Autism and power trips I guess.

Ill show him tomorrow

Yeah you pretty much described my DM

I think it comes with the misconception that Paladin Oaths are some sorr of balancing factor, combined with seeing redemption arcs in Media.

A DM sees a Paladin and assumes the class is balanced around the fact that it will spend a portion of the game powerless, similar to how wizards are balanced by being weak early and strong later.

Which isnt how anything is balanced at all, but people get stupid ideas stuck in their heads sometimes

Right, time to give up all paladin abilities and take up magic.

People have been trying to pull this shit since AD&D, dude. Mastemind threads were fucking common.

It didn't hit it's absolute peak of retardation until the end of 3.5 going into PF.

Bad DMs think DnD is competitive, not cooperative.

You should never play a paladin unless you're absolutely sure that neither the DM nor you is an asshole.

What does my wife Vyros have to do with your stupid drama

>paladin running away screaming in fear
>immune to fear

w0t

"paladins, these noble souls dedicate their swords and lives to the battle against evil. Knights, crusaders, and law-bringers, paladins seek not just to spread divine justice but to embody the teachings of the virtuous deities they serve. In pursuit of their lofty goals, they adhere to ironclad laws of morality and discipline."

pulled right from the description of a paladin. let's not forget the most basic tool involved: detect evil.

if it doesn't spike your smiteometer then a paladin doesn't resort to aggression.

So you tried diplomacy and it failed so you resort to intimidation? What about your other important skills for a paladin? Did you try to use perception? Did you try to sense motive? did you as a paladin try detect evil? how about any staple spells for a paladin to have for that exact problem?

from the sound of it you don't understand the core roleplay aspect of a paladin and would have had a better time as an inquisitor which has the same overall goal as a paladin with without as many of the pesky moral codes

your DM might have overreacted if this was the first occurance, but you did leave out what you meant by "intimidation" or if you have had previous offenses he might have overlooked. for instance had a fighter that would just wave around trophies of scarier things than the person I wanted to intimidate, where my Inquisitor just uses his knowledges, perception, and sense motive to figure out what would terrify his victim most then uses it as the focus to put the fear of God into them no pun intended. if that fails then the threat of "lie and your face bursts into flames" is a good secondary, but that's the benefit of following a neutral god who doesn't care what I do or how I do it.

Once a DM made me fall because in battle I took a five foot step backwards to the left, towards another enemy. He took it as me running away and abandoning my compatriots.

if that was the offense then it depends on habits leading to that point. that there sounds like a slap on the wrist offense.

It's not bad to make a PC a fallen paladin. They have a strict code to follow and they should be expected to follow it. As a DM I have fallen two paladins ever. one was a paladin of Sarenrae, who are obligated to give EVERYONE a chance at redemption, would go you're evil, smite, kill, to everyone. after it became a trend I took his powers as soon as he went to declare smite on fellow fallen paladin. I didn't tell him it didn't take hold. he declared smite and I told him his god doesn't answer and your divine powers fade and fizzle, welcome to fallen paladinhood. the other was a player who wanted to make his PC turn into an antagonist without the party knowing so he roleplayed a bad at his job paladin who started good, messed up to the point I turned him fallen, i would refuse to atone him when he did actions worthy of atonement then he rode the character off into the sunset after he "stepped aside to prove his worth one last time" one night. best session ever when that anti-paladin was revealed as a primary antagonist a few story arcs later. Good times.

>DMs who make paladins fall are the most retarded assholes in the world
That's kinda cunty of you. DMs who make paladins fall for dipshit reasons like are retarded assholes, sure, but the act of being a Paladin is walking the razor's edge between faith and zealotry. Without the risk of misinterpreting your god's creed and losing your powers until you figure out what you did wrong and repent, what's the point of even playing a Paladin?

Falling is supposed to be a moment of introspection and character growth, not a lolrandum punishment.