Starfinder General /sfg/

Starfinder General /sfg/

Do you think Dead Suns 1-2 is any good an adventure path so far? Do you want to run/play it?

/pfg/ unified link repository (trove contains all current leaked PDFs in Starfinder folder): pastebin.com/fr9piFCi

/sfg/ unified link repository: pastebin.com/BBVzM7tm
Cheatsheet: paizo.com/paizo/blog/v5748dyo5lk2n?Starfinder-Cheat-Sheet
FAQ: paizo.com/starfinder/faq

Things to do:
Run games
Raid the other Science fiction/ fantasy games and steal their map assets
Make a PDF with all the fixes
Make a Plant race (drive.google.com/file/d/0B_uga6da_8HoNjZvWmVvTWRvSlk/view?usp=sharing)
Make a Fish race (drive.google.com/open?id=0BxorJiX7ellIWDlTOEtibVZuRUE)
Make a turtle race (1d4chan.org/wiki/Arocku)
Make a Veeky Forums adventure path

Old Thread:

Other urls found in this thread:

d20pfsrd.com/races/3rd-party-races/silver-games/ponykind/
paizo.com/cgi-bin/WebObjects/Store.woa/wa/browse?path=&tab=paizo
twitter.com/AnonBabble

>Do you think Dead Suns 1-2 is any good an adventure path so far?
Yes

is ponyfinder up in any of the archives? I need something light and fluffy to run for my little cousin

Unfortunately not, at least I've never found it in any of the archives (feel free to call me a faggot if that's wrong though)

Random question: What would you guys want to see if mechs were added to Starfinder? I want to write some stuff and know exactly what I want, but want to see what other people want as well.

Ask in pfg. Someone has threatened to post them there

I asked, got no response

for the sake of discussion, are there any races you'd like to see ported over from other sci-fi?

are there rules for ship-boarding combat?

I want to see mechs based on the current implementation of power armor. they're already only three or four rules away from, but would take some extra rules and some new unique mods to make them work, as well as a number of weapons that are fit to mech size.

For aesthetics, I'm hoping for something either like pic related, or mechwarrior. Either one is acceptable to me, but i've never been a fan of gundam.

you just know they'll go with weebshit

I know, and it pisses me right the hell off. But that's what refluffing is for, so I'll be happy if I have any sort of workable mech rules.

gotta admit I'm diggin' the Thaumtech ships, even if I'll never run the setting as written, I'll use these things because necromancer ships are cool

Thaumtech? I must have missed something. What are you talking about?

...my GM gave me an abadar black stick, should I be worried?
the necromancer-y ships, like the dead whale, and the omenbringer in the CRB

So... Is anyone willing to work on that AP? And if so, where should we start?

I'd be willing, but I've got no idea what kind of shit to do, and any idea of decent game balance

Well... First off, lets see if we can come up with an idea on *WHERE* this should take place.

... Maybe the System where the Veeky Forums Races are located?

that works, but Veeky Forums has a sector?

i want to make one with you guys. first thing we should do is make a 1d4chan page probably. i want to make a AP in the nagarta system. starting at lvl 1.

I was under the impression that the other races in the op were in the same system as had been mentioning.

And yeah, I think we seem to be on the same wavelength on using the Veeky Forums based material as the baseline.

can you use weapons you don't have a specialization in? do specializations make you better with a selected weapon, or do they keep you from eating penalties that make unspecialized weapons suck?

are there any cat races in this game?

Not yet, but there's catfolk in Pathfinder that wouldn't be difficult to port over.

ok,
i think we should do a political intrigue campaign on Asteria. the PCs get wrapped up in the covert world where the pact and veskarium are trying to influence asterian governments in secret.

good concept?

Apparently, there's catfolk barbarians living in the Veskarium. They'll probably show up in one book or another.

You can use any weapon you are physically capable of using. Proficiency removes a -4 non-proficiency penalty to attack. Specialization adds your level to damage, or half level for Operative melee weapons and small arms. Proficiency and specialization are by weapon type - e.g. basic or advanced melee weapons, small arms or longarms, etc. - rather than by specific weapons.

i guess not, oh well, then

So. Space Hobgoblins as Space Uruks. Think that'd wokr for Starfinder?

I mean we have the Cult of The Devourer (Chaos Cultists), The Swarm (Alien Locusts), we have The Grays and The Reptoids (Classic Alien invaders), but we dont really have a hostile nation or empire trying to muscle its way in. I dont count the Veskarium.

Isn't that what the Azlanti Empire suppose to be or are they just doing their own thing?

So in the event a player wants to be an Android that isnt human, would i be better just using Android stats abd fluffing the nonhuman aspect or try to stat it? How would i stat it?

So what do you guys think of the way dragonkin look now. I honestly dislike them now they look stubby and the proportions look off. the pic shows a side by side comparison.

We literally have two things on the aztlanti. They have he aeon guard. They show up sometimes. But are not actively sending raiding parties.

Im talking Hob raiding parties on planets, make them like the worst bits of the Batarians from (ugh Mass Effect), the Uruks of LOTR (every version), and to some extent the Dark Eldar

Hsonestly i just assume that the Dragonkin in the AA is a youngling.

they both look retarded.
dragons using weapons and using armor is a horrible idea.
if i was the god emperor of earth i would prolly exile the guy that made that.

What happened to the other half of that bullet bandolier?

You're going to have to do a lot of work on your own, bromigo. If you think you have a good idea, write it out and post as much as you can

I did a bunch of icons for my players for roll-20

I threw an assembly ooze at them. They found out that it had turned an unsuspecting android into a pile of sprocket wrenches.

It was very amusing.

Also a slightly broken droid

They tried to shoot it "nonlethally", for... some reason.

Had a sort of a dungeon, also.

Was infested with assembly oozes.

The two thingies are elevators connecting to eachother.

So how long until you atrophy and fold back into /pfg/?

It's actually like that in the alien archive. Wow I did not even notice that. That art is even more awful than I originally thought. Cant even be bothered to finish a bandolier.

Hi dire user, i enjoy the work you did with Anthousas, and reuse de frame and background layout for some homebrew i've done on reddit, would you mind to give me the credits for this art, or should i only credit an "Anonymous from boards.fireden.net".

I wish I had a DM who gave even half as much a shit about me as yours does, user.

If its cat folk barbarians i will always think of outlaw star aisha.

That sounds a lot like the Aspis Consortium in the Vast, or the Elves to the Drow. Sadly, you’re not going to get a lot of sustained LE action in the Pact Worlds outside of maybe an errant Free Captain.

Why the anime OP?

So can armored storm soldiers base their damage off the new bone cestus as well as the ones in the CRB?

"You treat any unarmed attack you make while wearing
heavy or powered armor as being made with a battleglove
(see page 187) with an item level equal to or lower than your
soldier level, and you calculate damage for these attacks as
if you had the melee striker gear boost (see page 112)."

It specifically calls out the Battlegloves, and only the Battleglove. Worth noting is that technically, nothing stops you from using it as a level 20 battleglove if your soldier level is that high. If you can crack the melee weapon damage calculations, RAW allows you to have a weapon of scaling damage for every level.

Wow so their damage dice really doesn't increase until level 10 and that ability actually reduces the damage done with early powered Armor. GG Paizo

Correct. It's pretty stupid, but I imagine they might try to add new battlegloves into the game eventually. Hopefully.

The Starfinder products seem really fucking overpriced for the content they give you.

That's because they are. The only shit available is the core book and AA; those are expensive as an entry price into the game. Core Lines are always like that, near as I can tell.

I'm sure there will be some in the SF version of ultimate equipment but it seems egregious that they didn't even put in a d6 or d8 weapon on the 3-8 levels to balance it out

I've heard some rumblings about a gear book, yeah. Mostly in relation to "gundams" though.

It seems doubly so in Starfinder's case, you're essentially paying the same as a bestiary but only getting half the content with something like the Alien Archives. That's bullshit, and added to the fact Starfinder is a poorly thought out mess.

It actually seems decently well thought out, given they were thinking along these lines as far back as the Tech Guide for Pathfinder. AA actually has about 75% as much content, as the second page always either has gear, player stats, or something else a player can use. That at least is content, even if it's not the sort we'd like out of a fucking bestiary.

What I will say though is the core book needed at least seven more editing passes to get it into a workable shape, and some real fucking beta testing, none of that "in house playtesting" crock they like to tout.

Hmm damage seems comparable when in power Armor actually. The Melee on the Battle Frame would be 1d10+4+level at 5 but an armoured storm warrior with the Melee Striker gear boost will have you doing 1d4+8+level at level 5which is like 1 point of damage more on average

maybe it's not the book itself but;
d20pfsrd.com/races/3rd-party-races/silver-games/ponykind/

Real cool.

Someone in pfg got upset that we were talking about campaigns and settings, game related stuff, and made sfg. Remember, it was Paizo Games General for a while, but people cried.

Thread was dead for a while

Ah yeah. Time to discuss the Solar Empire and Lunar Rebellion again

So what do you guys think is the goal of Triune, and what purpose does the Drift serve?

slows the expansion of space time and thus delays or stops the heat death of the universe

I think I posted it before but I did character portraits for all of them, too.

Your group must be awesome. I'm jealous!

There is nothing stopping your cheap/lazy ass from doing that yourself.

Yeah, other than, you know, skill.

is anyone else concered by the CRB giving civilians access to nuclear weapons?

Well than commission it like the rest of us.

Well we gave them to Trump

Considering who would probably already have them and other things? Probably not as big of an issue as you're making it out to be.

Where does it mention that civilians have access to nuclear weapons? Are you talking about ship drives?

Unlike personal scale equipment, starship weapons have no guidelines given for availability either narratively or mechanically. Nothing is provided that directly indicates nuclear missiles are unavailable for civilian purchase. In fact, nothing is provided that indicates anything about starships is gated behind any sort of legal barrier. An economic barrier, certainly, but even that's hazy since there's an explicit refusal to directly link BP and credits.

It's completely reasonable to say that no, civilian ships would not legally have access to nuclear weaponry, even the small scale tactical warheads. It's also reasonable to say that no, civilians as a rule don't get access to the highest performing equipment, like the heaviest capital ship weaponry and even shields, mirroring the limitations of personal scale equipment. That's completely reasonable!

It's also entirely on the DM to figure that out.

Seems like you're right. There doesn't even seem to be a restriction on the self-destruct system expansion. Personally this doesn't bother me too much since I was planning on refluffing most of the setting not directly related player character creation/lore. It is a bit strange that the CRB wouldn't at least suggest restrictions on what most starships can take. PCs having easy and reliable access to WMDs seems problematic to me.

>PCs having easy and reliable access to WMDs seems problematic to me.

Remember, user, there are consequences to this...

>It is a bit strange that the CRB wouldn't at least suggest restrictions on what most starships can take.
Yes and no. Starships are leveled like PCs, but most of their equipment isn't. The licenses and permits associated with higher PC level permitting higher level personal equipment mostly reads like a vague justification for the leveled mechanic. Starship equipment largely does not have that mechanic built into it, so the system doesn't immediately demand an explanation.

Narratively it's a little strange though, yes, since they already touch on the idea on the personal level. If it weren't for that, I'm not sure it would really be strange so much as merely unhelpful. It's not like 3.P was ever big on clearly telling you what is and isn't legal, at least not in Core.

>not as big of an issue as you're making it out to be.
a level 1 party can buy dozens of nuclear warheads.
actually that pretty awesome.
must start exterminatus campaign

How about running Carnival of Tears (easily found with a Google search) for Halloween.

The carnival is a spaceship, drifting along a frozen ice comet in a long, but regular orbit. The comet, known as the Darkmoon, is the original home of the fey creatures haunting the carnival.

Any thought or suggestions on making the conversion to SF will be most welcome.

I will post the results when I am done, but input would be awesome.

this sounds fun

Heat death is much less scary when you can just Plane Shift and grab more stuff, and when the sun explicitly has holes to the Elemental Plane of Fire and the Positive Energy Plane inside it. It loses some of its teeth when you consider that sort of thing.

help

I've been invited to a Starfinder Society game event in a couple weeks but I've never been to an organized event before.

Any advice? Dos and don'ts?

The fluff text explains why the wings are stubby, Pic in AA is the player character Dragonkin option. The larger winged version still exists.

Since the Fey were brought up, I've had this idea in mind of introducing Vileravens into the setting. The short of it being that a stone tablet was found by a Starfinder archeologist that contained three Viledravens, all three being siblings, and they were unleashed. After a while they split up and pursue their own things and the way you realize they are involved in some bullshit is because they'll want to collect trophies (as well as eat) so they always demand the people they help do things like scalp their victims, cut off their hands or ears or something and always pluck the eyes out so they can eat them.

They would be introduced when a son of a crime boss on Absalom Station plans to ignite a war between the triads and his father's gang to kill him and his brother and with the help of some azlanti operatives and the urgings of one of the Viledravens.

Forgive my ignorance, but viledravens?

Shapeshifting death knight-looking fey notable for being someone you really, really don't want to fuck with.

It's the basic societal etiquette stuff

Shower
One puff of cologne/perfume
Brush teeth plus mouthwash
Wear comfortable clothing that does not squeak when you move
Binder with character sheet/s, loose paper, and automatic pencils

Don't be a stickler for the rules, roll with what the GM says

Anyone plan on running a DOOM campaign in Starfinder?

Anyone try different starship rules yet? They are pretty bad even with just lowering the DCs.

Sort of.
Plan is to have the PCs crash land on this deserted planet. It'll turn out that a megacorp tried to weaponize demons and in doing so got all fucked up. They then stuck an EMP field and a signal jammer on the planet to prevent people finding out that all the employees had died, and lined the planet up for demolition.

When the PC's deactivate the EMP field and either repair their ship or deactivate the signal jammer and call for help, they'll get attacked by a corporate death-squad, trying to keep the secret under wraps.

They'll mostly be fighting possessed zombie types but eventually there'll be a proper demon at the end. Also want to spook them with a possessed kasatha, skittering around on the walls like a horror movie girl

I am having the players buy copper pieces (10 for 1 credit) to pay for the different activities in the Carnival.

I hate brushing my teeth. Is eating a pack of tic tacs good enough?

no you fucking mongoloid

Is alchemy still practiced in the era of starfinder?

>serums
>lots of serums
>serums that do lots of things
I FUCKING WONDER.

Okay. So. Solarians. Lets talk solarions. Not crunch, not "you must tale soldier to be good fighty person", not any of that.

Fluff.

What kind of mysticism would their proposed ideals be? sure, you have the whole stars/singularities situation, and the balance that nmust be maintained between them....but what are their philosophies outside of that? how do they interact with one another and the world around them? do they pray? Do they meditate upon something, are they reluctant warriors or is combat their first answer?

We have almost NOTHING to work with aside from the balance between stars and black holes, anons.

Where are we going to take these guys?

>I hate brushing my teeth.

Why?

So the undead race is not going to appear in part three of the dead sun's adventure path.

"The native inhabitants of Eox, the elebrians, turned to undeath long ago to survive a planetary cataclysm, but a handful of living elebrians survive, making an appearance in this volume's Alien Archives, along with racial traits for elebrian player characters."

It is going to be the living version of their race.
Heres the blog post if you dont believe me.
paizo.com/cgi-bin/WebObjects/Store.woa/wa/browse?path=&tab=paizo

Takes too long

Wh-

What the fuck, man? Aren't base races supposed to be a representation of the common version of that species?

>Aren't base races supposed to be a representation of the common version of that species?

Nope.

It's why Pathfinder's Blood of the Coven uses a black girl as the example of a Changeling type most often found in the Land of the Linnorm Kings.

I'm not even gonna bother complaining about how stupid that is. It's not worth it.

>you must tale soldier to be good fighty person

But why NOT dip soldier (blitz)?