Warhammer 40k general /40kg/

Red Scorpions edition.

Previous >Warhammer Community news(New FAQs and Errata for the Astra Militarum and beyond)
warhammer-community.com/2017/10/22/new-faqs-and-errata-for-the-astra-militarum-and-beyond-oct-22gw-homepage-post-1/

>Daily Duncan Playlist
youtube.com/watch?v=UsziEzfcGIY&list=PLEaPE4sLDA7ucJ0dkiVZSW6ghZUNGFHIW&index=1

>Eldar entire codex revealed by Striking Scorpion 1488
youtube.com/watch?v=4ne8vBVT8N0

>GW FAQ (1.1):
games-workshop.com/en-GB/Rules-Errata#40k-errata

>FW FAQ (1.1):
warhammer-community.com/2017/07/15/new-and-updated-forge-world-faqs-july16gw-homepage-post-2/

>Rules and such. Use Readium on pc/iphone, lithium/kobo on android:
>Everything 8th edition in properly converted pdf & epub, fully bookmarked and linked with in-line errata annotations
mega.nz/#F!bF0ExS4D!_XaMECn0K9HiJKUFSopJLA

>Other Megas
mega.nz/#F!64wmnBZR!rWcm37EkOOeToeueqhPjpA
mega.nz/#F!BxI1HSgI!0tKymKh9RZTzGpgIA5EyCg
mega.nz/#F!9NchGZyZ!-V1LhJALxDp9Tw97WzEQGA
mega.nz/#F!pFgm0RKR!J06C1gVYcjzNGsF8YNLsjQ
>Old Black Library Mega
mega.nz/#F!wx4BiKhD!YhnAf1BqSmAB8dO6xDM56Q

>WIP Math-hammer doc (Thanks Chart-user!)
docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1h0hk_IdJ7fivDEjMiIpKM5yMMB8HTm64lZHuKdLZCIU/edit?usp=sharing

Other urls found in this thread:

warhammer-community.com/2017/10/23/tank-week-which-space-marine-tank-is-best-you-decide/
twitter.com/AnonBabble

First for guardfags BTFO

Why are they called space marines if there's no water in space

What makes for the best long ranged anti vehicle options for muhreens?

Predators or devastators?
Any good options from Forgeworld?

Imperial Navy

Reminder to vote for your favorite tank!

warhammer-community.com/2017/10/23/tank-week-which-space-marine-tank-is-best-you-decide/

Then go post on GWs facebook and ask them to update Marines and Chaos Marines so they get Chapter Tactics/Legion Traits on tanks like everyone else has now!

Second for are terminators viable? I've got like 20 of the guys, and I'm wondering how they stack up in 8th

Actually, that is entirely true. They shouldn't be called space marines. They are in no way aquatic.

They're much better than they used to be. Maybe not top tournament level viable, but they're good.

Falchion

No Guard fag has cared about this. Literally no one. Just butthurt shitters wanting to rub it into Guard fags faces. Meanwhile ever Guard fag out there is just like "Okay."

They're a quasi elite fighting force that deploys via naval battleships to kill the enemy

Leviathan dreads do a pretty bang-up job, but I doubt anything compares to infantry with lascannons.

>Land Raider
>Lotsa Rhinos
>Pirmaris tech-heresy
Of course Land Raider

For a mechanized tau list, are gun drones the way to go for everything? Or are guardian and shield drones ever worth it?

Looking for just attached drones to breacher, strike team, pathfinders, and HQs

>so they get Chapter Tactics/Legion Traits on tanks like everyone else has now!

So which of the new codexes has everything also count for tanks?

Thats reassuring. Looks like hammer and anvil is a go lads.

All of them except for Space Marines and Chaos Space Marines (including Death Guard): Imperial Guard, AdMech, and Eldar.

It depends on what you're facing. Devs are better if you want to kill enemy armored AT and preds are better if you want to kill armored AP.

1+D6 BTFO

Disgusting mother fucker couldn't even wait for page 8.

Which box is best box for chaos soup?

Space is an ocean. There, now it makes sense.

Funny thing the issue was never the commissar but the combo. Remove the combo and the issue solve it self.
Give the autopistol trigger happy to rule Conscripts instead of the Commissar itself

You don't take anything approaching a power armored CSM or something driven by them in good soup?

Then where's the fucking water?

Most space naming conventions are based on nautical terms.

gun drones are great, guardian not so much, markerlight drones suck, shield drones got a nice buff with the FAQs a while back and are pretty sweet for HQs

>Leave the Tau to me

So what are your hopes for Chapter Approved?

>PURIFIES YOUR PATH

In the Marines, user. Do you even space?

That was my vote too, good taste.

If I want marines I will take them, this soup is not for competitive.

>No Guard fag has cared about this
>literal last 2 threads were people complaining that their conscripts were useless now

nice Emperor's Children dreadnought

Why is it called "US Marines" when there is no water in Afghanistan?

All las Predator
All las Devastators
Anything "laser destroyer" from FW (Rapier, Typhon, Falchion, Vindicator, etc)

I made a chart that compairs the amount of wounds guardsman will take in the moral phase based on wounds taken that turn and with the new commissar rules, old commissar rules, and no commissar. This is for a regular ld 8 commissar and assumes the seargent of the squad is still alive, now we can all get along and stop arguing about wether or not the commissar causes more or less wounds

>Twin AssCan instead of the awesome Leviathan ranged options

Commissars* not conscripts

How do I get into mathhammer and win tournaments? I need nerds to bow to me for powergaming.

I'm more salty about the Vostroyan tactic change.
>infinite ruskies into space.

>No Guard fag has cared about this. Literally no one.
Where have you been while the autists have thrown tantrums for 24 straight hours about how "commissars are deleted from the codex" and they're going to boycott GW and shit

>conscripts were useless now
user don't lie, the last thread have been trying to explain why Commissar are not usable.

Conscripts are still broken as hell.

CUZ ERRYWHUR WE GO WE BE SWIMMIN IN SWAG, ENERGY DRINKS, AND DIP SPIT ERRAH DEVIL

"Great, Commissars are garbage now, and that should be the final nail in the coffin for Conscripts."

"Wow, conscripts and commissars are now completely worthless. That's a change I didn't see coming."

"No, they definitely went too far. Commissars will not make their points back, or even really come close now, and conscripts are shit tier now."

Everyone should be mad at commissars getting squatted.

I agree they needed nerfs, but this was ridiculous.

"Guard fags are justifiably angry that they got bait and switched and only scions are viable now."

"that ability still makes commissars worthless"

"if you want to run infantry in IG, your effective options are limited to scions and ogryns now."

"IG just became monobuild scions"

Lol no, you tards have been bitching about this for days.

Any recommendations on a good channel for BatReps that I can listen to while painting?

As a non-Guardfag, I agree that's the one thing about the FAQ that was fucked

I hope he goes head to head against Ralai. I fancy the Tau, but I think I'd be happy with either result.

Yep realized my mistake.

You see, Ivan

No, it was people saying Commissars aren't worth it and some other people saying they were okay for infantry squads. That's it. No one really cares that much. You on the other hand seem to care a whole lot, enough to make things up so you can laugh at no one.

I like glacial geek. You wont see the best looking stuff or the most variety, but he is pretty enthusiastic about everything which is nice.

Also this
New Commissar do not bring anything of worth.

How any moron thought the old commissar numbers were acceptable is beyond me.

god damn I want to paint a daemonette

>No, it was people saying Commissars aren't worth it
Not him and no, it was not. Guardfags outright said, amongst many other things that "commisars are squated" and that "commisars are useless"
That it far beyond merely saying "they aren't woth it"

Why can't GW into balance? Every time they 'fix' one thing, they break another.

>gets desk ready
>looks at camera
>sharp inhale, opens mouth to speak
>cut to intro

Every time

that the Alaskan dude who "WHOOOOOO"s? I like that guy too

Autism and anime, surprise.
Again, no one cared. Keep trying.

The only thing they broke was the Valhallan Stratagem.

That anime girl is pretty cute though. Your post sounds pretty autistic.

Well not bringing and commissar and bringing one outside of wasting points there is no difference mathwise.

There is a point when Commissar start hurting you more. They still benefit Conscript so the broken combo is still there.

Commisars are literally useless, $20 paperweights now.

So new commisar statically only either helps or does nothing. And good lord, who the fuck ever thought that the old commisars numbers were ok?

Not either if the guys you're replying to, but you're the one who sounds butthurt here. Please calm down.

Valks allowing disembarking after moving with no risk if moving 20" or less is kind of OP.

Here we go again!

Keep trying and everyone else will keep not caring.

>badmath gaurdfag utterly BTFO
And this is only for infantry, not for conscripts

Has there been any indication that Knights might get any new toys? It's nice that the thermal cannon's been upgraded but they're still pretty unappealing crunch wise

Watching this Guardfag be butthurt about being called out for being butthurt is amazing.

They got a couple stratagems in AdMech, which I think counts as an indication.

>Again, no one cared. Keep trying.
And let me guess, pic related was a false flag, right?

Fuck off eith your "who are you going to belive, me or your lying eyes" bullshit

That wasn't a change. They actually reduced the safe distance.

Yes, just keep posting about how much you totally don't care, how you don't care so much you have to let everyone know exactly how much you really really don't care.

I'm sure that will convince us.

Now they do nothing or fuck you over, you read the numbers wrong, or intentionally interpreted them wrong.
Also in squads of 10 new Coms start to dick you over if you lose 3 or more models.

They Hospitaller level of useless

Yeah those posts look legit. Keep trying.
Stop posting.

My World Eater scheme, thoughts?

That was a reverse troll, you absolute fucking retard.

Calm your fucking autism jesus christ.

Manchildren like you are why we can't have nice threads.

looks like HH deathguard without the green shoulder pad.

>Now they do nothing or fuck you over, you read the numbers wrong, or intentionally interpreted them wrong.
Are you retarded? No really, point to where on the graph it has a commisar influcting more wounds than no commisar.

Says the poster who is obviously raging and screeching. Again, stop posting.

>Now they do nothing or fuck you over, you read the numbers wrong, or intentionally interpreted them wrong.
How are you this fucking retarded

are you a neogaf refugee?

user, chill with your autism.

Just remember that the users of those dreads burn out.

In what universe is that in any way a WE scheme

More guard regiments.
Make your own regiment/chapter/craftworld/whatever rules.
Vehicle design rules that are more than 'take whatever guns you like on a land raider'.
All weapons/wargear which currently cost 0 points to be given proper points cost, making it easier to agree on rules for custom units.
Old Forge World models (knarlocs, mega-dreads, etc.) to get rules.
Index-only armies buffed to compete with codex armies (just need a 10% points cost for most of them).
Shit-tier armies like orks to get a serious points drop.
Some method to counter to-hit penalties, like a generic stratagem giving +1 to hit or something.

>this is how stupid the whiny guardfags are
>literally can't read numbers

Going for bone white and brass trim, thought it looked good.

You're still posting. I don't think you understand English very well. That's about what I'd except from someone who seems to be literally retarded, or maybe European.

Oh, hey, there's this guy too! Call it whatever you please, user. These are the words of your fellow guardsmen.

If you really don't care, why don't you go put on some tea and paint your conscript squads that you're still definitely using because none of this has changed affected you in any way instead of being triggered by anime girls?

What's the regiment and what's nearby? And which Commissar?

If it's a Mordian Infantry Squad and a non-Lord Commissar, the Commissar will actively increase casualties taken at 4, 7, and 8.

How do you even survive while being this fucking illiterate? How on earth are you even able to communicate or post when you clearly struggle with basic reading comprehension?

Shills