Post Spacesuits ITT

For me, it's the brand new Boeing Blue. Slender and lightweight, I believe it is the suit of the future.
No, not really.

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=ScvdFeh1aOw
youtube.com/watch?v=pG5v7ng0o4A
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

I don't know what this is, but it does look real solid.

plugsuits

Why go out of your inflatable habitat when you can take it with you?

Spacesuit of the future is going to be skin-tight to compliment the gene-modded astronauts.

>saying this is the sleek space suit of the future when this exists
That said, I'm a sucker for the bulky, quasi-mech stuff.

why not? The concept of the form-fitting space suit is actually well grounded, the only real issues are the joint areas on the human body and the fact that each one would need to be a custom fit.

I mean it all and all seems more practical to work towards basically Eva-plug suits with fish bowls than continue down the path of turning our astronauts into the michellin tire-man.

Haha, what am I doing with my life?

Here's a question; what do you think of pic related?

Another question here. Do you prefer thicc...

..or thinn?

>the only real issues are the joint areas on the human body and the fact that each one would need to be a custom fit

Anyone here know enough about the practicality of smart fabrics to comment?

>the only real issues are the joint areas on the human body and the fact that each one would need to be a custom fit
I wonder if it would be possible to create a spray-on space suit to get around the issue of fitting on a skin tight suit.

youtube.com/watch?v=ScvdFeh1aOw

Good luck keeping that thrust perfectly in line with your center of mass and not spinning crazily out of control. It was fine in Wall-e because cartoon, but it happened in Gravity and The Martian and now I'm convinced people are actually retarded for thinking it's a good idea.

>not posting the best suit of all time
[Smashing Pumpkins intensifies]

TONIGHT! to-night~ BELIEVE IN ME AS I BELIEVE IN YOU

toooniighhhtttt

>Slender and lightweight
Except for dat ass right?

Post the "space Nicki Minaj" image, then.

Not really since the root of the broblem is that any kind of volume change in joint rotation/tilt has to work against one athmosphere of pressure. Only way to solve that to date is to lower the internal pressure to somethin humans can still withstand.

Thicc, if it's fluffy and soft foam.

Too bad. That thiccsuit is iron hard.

Isn't that just meant for low-pressure cabins in space rather than in actual space?

"Here's something for you to roll around in, and we put arms and legs on it in case you want to crawl around with a giant ball on your back. Also, we weren't sure how large your penis was, so we might have overdone the pee tube a little bit."

Hey, who turned out the lights?

Thats for deep sea

Boo!
Go back to your British meme show!

No it isn't. Please don't just assert wrong information as fact.

It's the experimental AX-5 space suit. It even says NASA on it. NASA produced several prototype rigid and semi-rigid space suits.

Uncanny...

OUT OF THE WAY FUCKING GREYSHITS

desu those clearly took some design cues from atmospheric diving suits. The principle is the same.

The mighty boot demands sacrifice.

while I REALLY like that idea and would be useful as well as factible to build...
That's a major Achilles' Heel in the suit.

Dude looks like he has a pistol in his left hand.

Ideally, you'd have an underlayer that's skin-tight so you don't need as much pressurization as a baggy suit, and retain a good deal of mobility.

On top of that, you could layer extra systems like heating/cooling elements, powered exoskeletons, life support, interface, and other electronic systems, and have a baggy or hard (possibly armored) layer over that for extra insulation and protection.

Germany 1942, Draeger space suit development

Erwin Ziller in a Draeger pressure suit for Ho-IXGo-229 flight, 1945.

We told him the bubble keeps the cosmic rays out.
It was actually made to keep him inside.
God have mercy on us all

>ASS-tronauts
You had one job user

i like how the visual distortion of the helmet reflects the turbo nazi within.

Why is he wearing socks as gloves?

A rigid pressure suit is a rigid pressure suit, the engineering problems with regard to joints are more or less the same regardless of whether you're designing for vacuum or strong positive pressure. That particular space suit is actually very good in regards to range of motion and not needing to exert force in order to hold a position, and can operate at normal atmospheric pressure, but it's extremely expensive even compared to atmospheric diving suits and very bulky.

Here is another, earlier example.

It is extremely difficult to make gloves for space suits. So difficult that it was not always apparent that it was even possible to make them at all.

Man the new season of King of the Hill looks great

I freaking love gigantic golden sphere-helmets

MEANWHILE, IN DESTINY 2.

youtube.com/watch?v=pG5v7ng0o4A

That's some nasty camel toe.

Does Veeky Forums prefer soft (fabric, flexible material) space suits or hard (Rigid metal/plastic or other such material) space suits?
In reality hard space suits have not yet been made but they have the distinct advantage of being able to sustain more earth like air mixtures under pressure allowing astronauts to put them on quicker whereas soft space suits due to having a lower pressure tolerance have to use pure oxygen and astronauts must perform breathing exercises when getting in or out of them in order to not suffer health issues like the bends.
How about EVA cans?
These are small one person space craft made of rigid material use for spacewalks that would much like pic related they would have all the advantages of a hard suit (plus robotic arms that would not need to be pressurized ) but minus a human form and being slightly larger.

>what do you wanna be when you grow up?
>A FUCKIN LOSER!

The mercury-era suit still hasn't been surpassed for aesthetics.

Dunno. I guess the suits are pretty cool.

Here's the original.

Indeed

Heh. I have that book. It's so old that American manned flights are covered in a separately printed annex.

*upvote*