Have you ever given out people as the reward for a quest?

have you ever given out people as the reward for a quest?

Yes. mostly in the form of elf slaves.

Allies, sidekicks, crewmen, etc.

do like me a good minion

never on their own.

they typically come as a package deal with, manor-houses, sailing ships, or status elevations(mayor, sheriff, head of department, etc.)

I once rescued a hostage, and all I got was a former hostage. Didn't even have any gold for us. Wanted me to walk his weak braindead ass all the way back to town on the promise of "reward". Yeah right, I'll believe the gold when it's in my hands. We fed his ungrateful lying ass to the lobsters at the cave entrance.

What are you supposed to do with elf slaves?

Make them farm on your homestead while you're off adventuring. duh.

Pat their heads.

It's the main reward for most of my side-stories. My players love collecting NPCs to add to the ever expanding cast of support characters in their hideout.

This.

And arm them with vast magical power, loyal supports are the best.

I once gave the party a wondrous figurine of a young dwarf woman. The druid fell in love with her, and they went on a quest to turn her into a real girl.

So did he do it?

Beethoven was pretty best in Eiyuu Senki.

>Druid
>Not a wizard
Missed opportunity.

Hold on

The player character had a Waifu... and the rest of the group didn't give him shit for it?

Running a Pathfinder game, and the players come from a lesser Chellish noble house. So yeah, they get slaves as rewards sometimes.

But they can also get some retainers/vassals as well if they play their cards right.

My party got a hemiolia and the crew to man it with as a reward for their service to a pirate warlord.

Not as ownership, but as allies and for access to other goods/services.

Must have had a bunch of wizards.

They don't care that much. They probably have living statutes as their chairs.

"""people"""

When players bitch about quest rewards I give them divine catboys. They're like normal catboys only if you brutalize or kill them you get your name on some god's shit list.

I also give out guilt as permanent weight in character's inventory.

I hope divine catboys is a euphemism and that you aren't sending actual catboys at your players.

>I also give out guilt as permanent weight in character's inventory.
Had a chuckle. Nobody keeps track of that anyway.

That's no elf, where are it's knife ears?

>falling in love with a figurine

Veeky Forums.

Depends on the game.

Can't you see the straight part where they got chopped off?

Never explicitly.

Instead, some bullshit happens and they're left raging that they didn't get the treasure that was promised. Then as they're walking away, the sidekick from the adventure starts to follow them, and won't take no for an answer.

Just like a cartoon.

Kind of? Allies, contacts, contracts, favors, are all great rewards that also tie their strength and future success to the setting in very agreeable ways.

Recently discovered that the last archmage to turn a magical item (sentient shield) into a person managed it, and are currently tracking down the child from the union to reverse engineer the proper magic.

The rest of the group gave her shit for it, but she's crossplaying

The second major mission thing I set the players out on had them... uh... acquire a magic airship, along with the crew to sail her.

After that involved them handling a situation for a major NPC in a way that ended in said NPC owing them a pretty big favor. One which they've either forgotten they can call in or are afraid to do so, could go either way given both my players, and the NPC in question, which is a fiendish information broker of no small skill.

Rescued captives, new allies, experts and friendly merchants, captive enemies, all sorts.

Was GMing once and the party decided to play a game of cards against a plantation owner, at one point he ran out of cash, got mad and bet most of his slaves. In retrospect this was a risky decision since I don't like ero stuff in my games. Fortunately they just set them free after winning

Yes, on many occasions.

Sometimes it's been as a sort of "Do a favor for me and I'll join your cause" giving the players an NPC follower for their squad.
Another time it was a king volunteering his army to aid the PCs after they dealt with something for him.
And there was, of course, the one time where they were playing the equivalent of Dark Sun where the players got slaves as a reward.

The evil lord we were kind of forced to do work for, as a reward for a quest had his assistant take us to his treasury and said we could take our hand's full of whatever we wanted in the room. I picked up the assistant with both hands and asked if I could have her, he laughed and said sure.

No but I have given them as loot.
Needed something cool to put in an ancient medical lab so I gave them a mute little girl with psychic powers in stasis.

Yes, but I’m also playing Slavemaster Gigarapist 3e, so it’s sort of implied.

That's better than a generic "100 credits" any day.

W-What did you do with her user?

I'd rather have the credits. Experimental psychics sounds like a quick path to the horror genre.

Various things. Various, differnt things.

This.
One of my players has a loyal fringe Catholic sect fully devoted to them
The other has a small former bandit group, whose leader is sweet on them.

Not if you raise her right. Then you can be on the monster side of the horror. Which is fun.
t. someone who raised an escaped psychic experiment little girl into a fine warrior, a loving daughter, and a psychic superweapon.