Pathfinder General /pfg/

Pathfinder General /pfg/

Tell me about your character's pet. Would he take it along on adventures with him or leave it at home?

/pfg/ Link Repository: pastebin.com/fr9piFCi
Current Playtests: pastebin.com/vK9njh31

Old Thread:

Other urls found in this thread:

d20pfsrd.com/skills/perception
archivesofnethys.com/FeatDisplay.aspx?ItemName=Eagle Eyes
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

My character is a Hunter, so her pet is an adventuring companion.

He's a young dire wolf she rescued as a puppy.

I want to make Witchunt user and DHB hold hands and do gay things!

pls no wulfkin

I'd take my little husky with me...hell, part of my funds go towards giving lil' Domino armor

user, your filename is wrong.

>implying

She has a horse that she brings along with her on adventures. He doesn't go into dungeons with us, but fortunately my DM's not a dick so I don't have to worry about him dying any time we're separated.

What initiator class should a great wyrm dragon take as the martial half of its gestalt? Other half is some kind of full caster, probably Sorc.

I was thinking Warlord, but I don't know much about the classes beyond the initial trio of Warlord, Warder, and Stalker.

Does a Drake that is quickly learning to be smarter than the rider count as a pet?

woof

>captcha
>copias bates

oh no

I don't get this. Why are you on user about it?

Is Swashbuckler with Spheres of Might progression good?

How do you knot get it, user?

I get the idea. I just don't get the point. normally some sex based jokes are funny, but this one just feels-off color and stupid.

Wheredoyouthinkyouare.jpeg

First of all, dragons are already sorcerers. Second, why would they limit the number of actions they can take by taking a class that cannot function on their natural attack progression? Having 8 different built in weapons makes taking any initiator class pointless. They would take barbarian for extra damage and cool tricks, or fighter for the bonus feats and weapon mastery, or slayer for talents and designated targets; anything else is useless to them because it limits them, rather than enhances them.

It's an image of someone's OC, from way back around when the Bloodforge drama was happening, and Gareth was angry about shitposting about beastiality because he made a fetish book.

Ah, so it just got piggybacked off of. Alright.

>he made a fetish book.
Which I hate, because mechanically there's a lot of great stuff in there, but dealing with the races and their fluff is just too fucking (hyuck) much.

No pets yet but I've saved about 12000 gp and I'm debating whether to buy 24 combat trained tigers or 480 guard dogs.

Still working on the Ruhiel/Onryou/Bethany/Elsbeth totem pole. Ruhiel's chest chain thing looks ridiculous now that I'm drawing it out. Where does it go? What purpose does it serve? I think I'll get rid of it and just have her wear something out of her armor, like pic related. Maybe frame it in the fantasy equivalent of an apartment.

What are you trying to do to your players?

Warlord would be good for a dragon with lots of minions because it has abilities that make them more effective.

Like says initiators are an odd choice for dragons because you want to get those full attacks in, but I wouldn't call them completely pointless. Focus on counters, stances and boosts rather than strikes.

I figured it would be practical to focus on stances and counters, but if those aren't powerful enough on their own merits along with whatever actual features the class gives then a different class would be worth looking at. A Slayer wouldn't be a bad choice out of 1PP classes, but I'm also attracted to the idea of a Skald for minion-support and draconic battle hymns.

Fair point on the Sorcerer stuff though, I'd forgotten they have actual Sorc levels because dragons in my old DM's homebrew setting didn't. Feels right though, so I probably just won't gestalt the dragon.

Yeah, this dragon will have minions, so that's a good portion of the reason I was thinking a Warlord. Plus, it feels fitting to the character of the dragon.

What's that character concept that you have wanted to play but for some reason haven't been able to?

Why are they doing the boob-tower? Is it for a man?

>fate designs

duh

Which of the SoM and SoP archetypes for paizo classes are actually good?

all of mine

I have no idea. I'm kinda glad my character's getting drawn, though.

Don't hide it from me, /pfg/.

Tell me about your character's secret identity.

Name some, my dude.

>I'm kinda glad my character's getting drawn, though.

Which one's yours, friend?

Bethany, the autistic lame albino.

Coiled Blade is stupid good.

>SoM

Coiled Blade needs to be houseruled to use the old bonus feat progression, but is otherwise good.

Blooded Knight Cavalier is straight up almost a pure upgrade, same goes for Wandering Swordsman. Brawler is also really strong. Most SoM archetypes are pretty stellar, all things considered: Anti/Paladin gives you the option of trading: Smite, an Aura, and your capstone (which may make you incompatible with other archetypes) and/or your spells (which few archetypes trade out) for either proficient or expert progression.

Even for classes that lose a number of their normal class-based talents (rogue talents, ninja tricks, rage powers) what you get back is often worth more than you lose.

For just dropping spellcasting? Bard and Skald can get away with dropping theirs, as they're already buff machines. Inquisitor is more iffy. Trappings of the Warrior Occultist losing their spells for adept progression is retardedly strong but by RAW completely legal. Vexing Daredevil Mesmerist w/ Adept progression makes for an interesting Fencing build (very good Feint synergy). Fractured Mind/Exciter Spiritualist likewise also gets pretty good.

On the SoP side of things? Most are decent to good, though there are exceptions. Sphere Summoner is borked, though. Same with Shaman.

What's wrong with Shaman? It's basically the same thing they did with Witch and a bunch of other casters.

You don't, RAW, get ANY benefit from Wandering hex nor spirit

She's probably got the biggest tits out of all of them, congrats.

The funny part is, the art I used for her has actually one of the smallest sets from the source. She's much larger in most of the artist's other works.

>Coiled Blade needs to be houseruled to use the old bonus feat progression, but is otherwise good.
It's only one feat difference?

Fuck off

Hey man, you wanna change of topic, change the topic. I got asked, then I commented on a related thing. You don't like it, talk about something else. No skin off my back.

>She's much larger in most of the artist's other works.

Any larger than that and she'd just look absurd.

How's the campaign, anyway? Any shenanigans?

Apparently bad enough that it chased two people out of the game after one session

How the fuck does perception actually work?

Say a PC walks into a hallway with a trap 30 feet away. As a DM I want to roll in secret so they don't get tipped off anything is amiss. So if the trap is DC 20 to notice, do I apply -3 due to the range? Would it be better to wait until the PC is at optimal range for the check? Say I roll for them and they fail, then the PC declares they'll search for traps, what happens then? They get to roll and scour each square? Can a PC take 10 or 20 searching for secret traps? Or doors?

This system makes no sense

And four others before the game even started.

Shenanigans? Nah, outside of the fact that I managed to kill a demon with a tree at one point. the production value of the campaign isn't super high, but thus far Tuvarkz has been a better GM than most of the RL GMs I've had to deal with, and he's willing to listen to us in regards to stupid shit - such as cutting out chaff encounters that are just placed there as filler experience.

It's incompatible with a number of neat archetypes, like the War-sphere fighter and the Impossible Warrior in the Protection playtest. However, it /is/... compatible with the Myrmidon, which is messy and gross.

I can't speak for those players, but it seemed to me they were more like flakes than "chased out"

>PC walks into a hallway with a trap
They don't get an automatic check at all. There is absolutely nothing that does that, save for a single Rogue Talent called Trap Spotter, and that only does it within 10ft.

d20pfsrd.com/skills/perception

Additionally, it's not a penalty to their check, it's a DC increase to what they need.

Which is funny, because this exists: archivesofnethys.com/FeatDisplay.aspx?ItemName=Eagle Eyes

Yet another completely and utterly non-functional feat from Paizo.

So, what are some good archetypes go stack with Coiled Blade? Mutation Warrior seems an obvious one. Would Impressor or Spirit-Wielder be any good?

So players need to actively declare they are looking for traps, and then they need to roll one square at a time to ensure they are targeting the lowest DC possible?

>Cabal attempts to push shitty /y/ memes
>GM steps in and tells people to fuck off with that
>Broodie, swelled with unwarranted self-importance, goes spastic in the thread
>Withdraws his application, exactly what the GM wanted
>His hangers-on with their similar characters also depart, also exactly what the GM wanted
>Except one, who departs and then reapplies out of desperation

I suspect spirit-wielder is better, because it doesn't interfere with the fighter's main schtick of full-attacking, but some of the emotions can be very good. There is an eliciter guide somewhere.

Most GMs I've met, when there isn't a pressing time concern, allow you to search every square for traps as you go along, just taking ten or, if you really wanna move slow, taking 20.

It's not realistic, but it does the job.

Yes.

It's retarded, and the vast majority of GMs just give people rolls of perception behind the screen, because otherwise it's just an exercise in autism.

>GM comes into the thread and says unless you pander to his fetishes you're not getting in
>people get annoyed
>broodie who was having a giggle does some dumb shit
>tuvarkz claims IT WASN'T ME in the most retarded move so far
>people withdraw seeing the overall shitshow that campaign is destined to be
>funposting not allowed ever

>Hey guys, we didn't get much accomplished last session...
>Anyone want to do some bonus combat to clean up some of this dungeon before the next session?
>Everyone volunteers
>Everyone volunteers for the same night

What were the /y/ apps?

Actually reading the rules to this game was a huge mistake

Broodie made a low-effort joke pushing the /y/ meme, doing anything other than ignoring it was retarded and Tuvarkz should have just ignored the poking.

Succ made some gay dude but didn't withdraw immediately, looks like he dissuaded by Tuvarkz thread attitude and pulled later according to him.

I personally say that giving Trap Spotter (the rogue talent) as a free part of Trapfinding to anybody with Trapfinding is a good way to fix the problem.

I think I'll probably just give each PC a hidden roll vs. trap/secret door DC at the best possible modifier as part of moving through a room/area instead of forcing them to autistically announce they search every room.

For Eliciter emotions, it seems taking Rage all the way is a good investment, since you effectively can become a Fighter/Barbarian easily.

However, Spirit-Wielder's main strong point is being able to take advantage of Enhancements efficiently due to his weapon spirit having its own action economy

>guy does a thing
>I know, let's all be mild dicks to him
>24/7
>and try to change his thing to be our thing
>guy snaps back finally
>OH MY GOD HE'S SUCH AN AWFUL PERSON
>new guy shows up with new thing
>the cycle repeats

Tuvarkz isn't an awful person he's just a moron. This is different from Rory, who is both a moron -and- a piece of shit.

And this is Veeky Forums if you want somewhere warm and cozy you're in the wrong place friend

The only amusing part of the whole situation was Broodie pretending he's some gift to games when he's never even made a decent character.

Besides DHB, who is the most humble celeb?

The greater rage power is good, but the other abilities are kinda meh.

He apologized for that later if I remember, basically said he did some dumb shit

Which is why bringing up the whole spaghetti again is kind of pointless, everyone kind of dropped it.

What 1PP stuff do you ban from your home games, or would ban if you had them?

I ban the "normal stuff", as in Leadership, Blood Money, Sacred Geometry, etc. I also preemptively ban crafting feats if the game isn't going to include enough downtime to take advantage of them, to avoid getting players' hopes up. I ban the Vigilante and Occult classes because I've barely looked at them, but from what I do know about them I think I would keep most of them banned except for the Occultist and Spiritualist. I also ban shitty errata from Paizo.

Don’t look a gift horse in the mouth. At least you got players

How about somewhere able to follow basic rules like be excellent to each other?

This is literally a community of people on the internet with a shared niche hobby who are trying to play cooperative games together.

Two people doesn’t a Cabal make. I thought it was a gay conspiracy

occultist and vigilante are awesome.

I don't get why anons keep judging pfg characters like everyone isn't shit.

It's fucking D&D, it's the only section of entertainment where it's actually insufferable when you're not participating in it.

Everyone is shit, it's about having fun.

I think fate's favored and any traits that swap stats should probably be banned.

>D-d-d-d-d-on't bring up Broodie-sama being a sperg at the drop of a hat!
>Oh but fuck that moron Tuvarkz, and fuck his apology too.

>be excellent to eachother

Faggot you're on Veeky Forums.

Not really, it was more of a meme than anything else.

Who even counts as a celeb at this point?

My GM absolutely despises Arcanist, to the point where she'll actively ban anything even related to it, such as the Exploiter Wizard. she'd ban shaman too, but nobody's actually bothered to try and make a shaman, so it hasn't come up, given how utterly uninteresting the class is.

I legitimately enjoyed making Konrad and I do want to give that app another go someday. However, at this point in time, it's about as likely as rolling a swashbuckler...slim to none.

Exploiter Wizard is a good idea to ban, it's totally absurd.

Do any of you actually check out the Paizo Messageboard with any frequency? Either just looking at threads or as an active poster.

Vigilante is actually a pretty good class though. A bit shackled to its identity mechanics, but otherwise is pretty well build and has access to some good abilities like Lethal Grace

Though as for me, other than the "usual stuff", I'd prefer not to ban, since most of the group knows how to play the game and we have an agreement to avoid making our characters too strong or too weak

Never said she was wrong to ban them.

Nobody cares if you make fun of Broodie, Broodie has shown that they're impulsive and dumb as the rest of us. We're all equally worthless.

The only one putting people on pedestals are you guys. Stop being idiots.

Honestly I think any character with more than 2 short paragraphs of backstory is kind of shit by default.

>Do any of you actually check out the Paizo Messageboard with any frequency?

I tend to drop in about once a week, have you seen anything particularly juicy?

>Who even counts as a celeb at this point?

People that are mentioned on a first name basis, I guess.

I used to. A long time ago. I don't anymore, as the place eventually turned into an annoying circlejerk. Also that one faggot whose name I can't remember with that faggot fey icon just kept being an absolute tool

Yeah, I was going to make an Exploiter Wizard but I settled on going unarchtyped because what I would have to give up was too painful. But in the long run, I think it would have been the more powerful option. Having a real school specialization and familiar are a blast though.

Disk

Disk, easily.

this is a lie

>Disk
>Humble

now thats a meme

shut the fuck up disk

My personal favorite wizard archetype has to be Pact wizard, the one that gets an oracle curse. Not super powerful, but very useful.

No, I was just kind of curious about whether I was the only one.

Really, either way you're powerful so in the end it feels like splitting hairs. Massive, potentially campaign-breaking hairs, but hairs all the same.