Age of Sigmar General /aosg/

Bloodstoker is about to make you his bitch, edition.

Previous Thread: Resources
>pastebin.com/RcYLw0az

Core rules
>games-workshop.com/en-US/Warhammer-Age-of-Sigmar-Rules
General's Handbook 2017
>mega.nz/#!C5BSgTDK!Sx74f87D86frlU0NZ1XKyGP0WEgar52X1Hatj1OA5y0
Skirmish
>mega.nz/#!jMQxCa6C!9TQ324QTcZ7nDJbv2Q7uQ9xg442K-UA-dtK2wTLxFPw

Army and Skirmish Warband builder
>warhammer-community.com/warscroll-builder/
City generator
>repl.it/Lfm3/2
Art Database
>ageofsigmart.booru.org/index.php

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=3qrBUsrKBh8
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

Bonus points to anyone that gets the joke behind the edition title for this thread.

>tomb kings still not announced

Ok, but what colors mean what rank?

>Whatever color
Basic rank.
>Gold
Mid-tier rank
>White
High-tier rank

Alright guys, I finished my hammerers made out of the bloodbowl team. I am in the middle of painting them right now.

Hammer Co.
Nobody smashes your foe, like Hammer Co.

Each of them next to the original model so you can see the extent of the converting.

As far as I can say, don't let a monopose model keep you from reposing them.

some of these are really good
most are mediocre

a few are fucking awful

overall good job I guess

biggest tip for improvement is to keep working on your sculpting to smooth out those re-poses

a couple of those look like they have a lump of playdoh for an arm

>that ground pounding Dwarf
I love it.

While a few others are in straight up impossible poses or complete bizarre ones.

I like the one handed hammer guy with the gem in his beard
Great stuff!

Yeah I recognize a few of them being weird too. It's just part of the challenge of reposing monopose figures. I am pretty proud of how they turned out due to the amount of effort and cutting I had to put into it. But I do see the weird ones.

Yeah he's my favorite. That was the reposing I thought would look the worst and I really liked how he turned out.

Thanks. He has his hammer held up like that because I imagined he just took a long arcing swing and it's on the backswing.

Quality content? In my /aosg/?

amazing work, now i'm more tempted to start some sky dorfs

That beard stand 2 handed Dwarf hand look super twisted. I don't know why you didn't just cut the hand out, put a better one on, and then cover it with a shoulder pad to hide unnatural muscle.

Well /aosg/ should I do it? Thinking about buying shadespire with all the fixins and buying the different warbands up to get friends into AoS.

Should I pull the trigger and buy em' boys?

People are saying shadespire is an excellent gateway drug to get into AoS. so I say go fer it

This may be a biased source I'm asking but how are GW's actions recently? Have they actually been good?

Really rather pretty good on the 40k front but I've had my grunts with lack of support for AoS and the pushing of the stormcast but with the rise of specialty games and what not I say they're doing good in my book.

Nope.

Mind explaining why?

im running this next game and dont have enough points left for a hero

. can i nominate a squad of flies or frogs as my general? what happens if im in a 3 player game and i dont have units on the field end of turn 1?

It's just incredibly shallow and doesn't really fill any needed niche. It's a pointless game.

If you're playing matched play, you'll need at least one hero model. This doesn't have to be your general - unless it's been FAQd out, you can pick any unit champion to be your general - but it's the same requirement as battleline.

I can't remember the source, but if you finish the turn with no units on the field, you lose immediately. So no deepstriking your whole army turn 2.

so with blightwar out, is there a proper nurgle allegiance for matched play yet or are we still waiting on their battletome?

Shadespire's great. Cheap as chips, strong groundwork out of the box and the promise of continued support and more strategic options makes it a winner in my eyes. The game isn't anything like AoS, its a deckbuilder really, but the models are a good gateway drug.

Converted my Angharad Brightshield a little bit.

Zoom in, let go of the model, clear the background, focus your damn camera user

Too late. I'll take nice pictures tomorrow. This is wrong afaik, getting tabled doesn't mean you lose, victory points win the game. If the opponent tables you, he has to play out the game and try to surpass your score.

You could all-in first turn, claim a bunch of points, and hold on past turn 2-3, and win even when tabled.

if tamurkhans horde is an allegiance with a full army, and battleline choices, why doesnt it have relics or command abilities or anything? you cant run a tamurkhans horde army using the general chaos abilities either, can you?

yeah youre right, i need one leader model. so i cant run this formation at 1k points, sadly.
playing matched requires 2 battleline and 1 leader, so i cant run it unless i can find a chaos-aligned leader model for 60 pts, which afaik doesnt exist

buy it you fool

They're rolling out a brand new main-line-game with full organized play and prize support

>incredibly shallow

game has been out for a couple days and I doubt you've played more than a handful of games

it's far too early to make a snap-judgement that the game is shallow

Duncan/10

Yeah I wasn't talking about composition, I was talking about the auto-losing when tabled.

I've only played a couple of games too and I'd say it's far from shallow.
There are plenty of tactics to employ with either warband, depending on your opponents, your objective cards and power cards. You're never stuck with a bad hand for too long and unless you build an absolutely one-sided deck you can always come back from one bad turn.

Thinking about this, you could actually make a more 'elite' Dispossessed army like that which would be an interesting change from my normal hordes of Warriors. Something like

1x Warden King, General
1x Runelord w/Ancestral Pickaxe
30x Ironbreakers
10x Hammerers as Battleline
10 Longbeards as Battleline

5 Grundstok Thunderers as allies for some range?
1000/1000 points

I will forever be salty that the dwarf shieldwall ability doesn't apply to shooting attacks.

What is that shield? I love the round one over the giant ass stormcast one

This is what I'm rolling with right now

it's a prosecutor shield, that one is from an upgrade pack which is much cheaper than buying a prosecutor box

One of the SCE upgrade kits.
Comes with a few round shield, some shoulder pads and other stuff.

>pointless
>game

Thanks anons. Ordered me the excelsior upgrades. Thought they looked goooood. Now to wait for them to deliver

I wish there was a cheaper way to get these shields. At 4 dollars MSRP a shield it gets expensive very quickly.

Yes it does. Glad I'm not huge into SCE yet haha. Mostly want it for whatever games include them. Although snapping up older armies isn't always cheaper either

prosecutors come with round shields, so I would have thought that maybe you could find the bits on ebay, but as it turns out, nobody actually likes giving prosecutors dual hammers, and everyone is trying to sell the starter kit prosecutors

Tips for defeating your army anons
What do you play? What are the weaknesses? What enemy types make you cry/rage?

>Ex-GW employee who used to do Warhammer Live leaves company
>Makes his own Twitch channel
>This is his logo

W-what did he mean by this lads.

> What do you play?
Clan Skryre

> What are the weaknesses?
Overconfidence in my units abilities.

> What enemy types make you cry/rage?
Savage Orks. Fast, high body count, two fucking wounds each, always 6+ save.

>What I play: Stormcast/Sylvaneth
>Weakness: High amounts of mortal wounds/good rend
>Hated enemies: Currently I hate stormfiends with 3x flamethrowers and skyfires/Jezzails. So basically anything with good mortal wound output.

How rookie friendly are the bloodbound or the whole khorne army in general? I like the METAL aesthetic they have. Also gives me an excuse to be a faggot and play rip and tear every time I play em'.

What is this a jew joke? I'm confused.

Also why did he leave?

I wish they'd redo the screaming bell.
I'm gonna assume most people are playing matched games, so it makes no sense to have the ability to maybe summon a verminlord for which you have to set points aside, when you could just put him down on the field anyway.

Is there any rumors for 2018 are we finally going to get Aelves?

Need conversion advice

I'm building a landship the size of a steamtank, using boat from the skycutter and doomwheel wheels and a helblaster artillery base. The doomwheel wheels are too big IMO, I need something similar but smaller. Any ideas?

Now you can resummon him when he dies.

what

I doubt it but never say never. it has been rumored though that 2018 is the year of sigmar and the year of death HOWEVER we will see the plot point being introduced for aelves in 2018 and probably an introduction.

>building ship
>using boat

BOOOOAAAT

What a shame.

I like Martin more as a livestreamer, but Rob's commercial and stuff were cool.

Did he said why he leaved in the videos?

Yes, wanted to be more honest and do the job he actually wants to do rather than what GW told him to do and say. But without being a dick about it, like he wasn't moaning about GW, he likes them.

how come daemon cohort of nurgle is points-costed in the app but doesnt exist in the 2017 handbook? are there more formations im missing? i only just got the app.

nevermind, chaos demons compendium

If the battalion doesn't have cost in GH2017, it's not legal for point-cost battles. All the compendium battalions were cut iirc.

Does the scheduling of re-packaging models to square bases have any relationship with faction re-releases and battletomes?

e.g. were the first factions to get circle base boxes also the first factions to get battletomes and new models?

Yeah I'm a massive fan of forgeworld's marienburg landship. I wanted something similar for my freeguild army but it needs to have rules and an a readily available model so I'm making it a steamtank EQ.

Not true.
Compendium stuff have the points in their PDF, yet they are legal. So the Shadespire warbands for example, they have their own file.

The only exception are the Daemon Cohorts talks about. He's not the first to make this question and there is no answer. It's in the compendium but the only one without points.

They sometimes coincide, but for example the repacking of graveguard simply coincided with new Allies boxes, not book of any sort. In other words, it often is, but it's not surefire way to gauge it.

Looking for any fluff on the Celestial Vindicators, if any exists. These guys have a nice colour scheme and I hope their lore isn't dogshit before I make the plunge and paint my Stormcast in their colours.

All I know is they fucking hate chaos and are absolutely merciless.

One of the books have them as main focus. Bladestorm and Warbeast (which is pretty good as far as BL books go) I think.

how do i play disposessed? cavalry tear through my frontlines like butter

You shoot them. Pick a unit to grudge and melt them

Don't even worry about artillery because the crew is too easily killed by range

Just get the guns out to force your opponent to go all in while you pick off turn 1-2 to change the battle

hows this for 1k pts

great unclean one
herald of nurgle
3x10 plaguebearers
6 plague drones
1 poisoned wind weapon team
formation: cohort of nurgle

>formation: cohort of nurgle
Have you checked if your LGS/Friends makes you use that?

Most do, but it's better to warn them first.

yeah, my friends dont mind, and i have an incredibly long losing streak with my circle so it probably wont be an issue

Not bad, I'd consider the Nurgle Demon prince as a hero that can keep up with those 6 plague drones though - they need the hero loci to chuck out mortal wounds and become a scary unit (Nurgle doesn't have many scary units).

He was hired as a video producer, to make those funny little commercials.
He created Warhammer Live, but he didn't want to be the host, but they made him do it.
Eventually, they hired someone to be in charge of Warhammer Live, since it become successful, but they still insisted on Rob hosting it.
He wanted to host it more honestly or return to his original role, they said no, so he decided to leave.

cheers, our circle has a no proxy rule so im kind of running what i've got. im considering dropping the formation for a warplock engineer or a jabberslythe if it arrives in time.

What cavalry?
Also, what units are you using?

Out of all the problems the dispossessed have, that shouldn't really be one of them.

mostly saurus knights, they get stuck in to my dwarf warriors then he walks through to my shooters. should i just have a super dense formation or spread my dudes out?

Saurus knights don't really hit that hard, can't you shoot them while your warriors tarpit them?

ill try to next game, he has a formation that gives mortal wounds on the charge

What shooting do you have?
Runelord buffing Thunderers or Irondrakes should be able to kill most of them, since their ability does nothing against -2 rend.

How many does he use? Unless most of his army are Saurus Knights, I can't see how you can't kill most of them, since you should have 1 or 2 turns before he is in combat, and then you can shoot them while they are fighting the warriors.

he was using three squads of 5. i have one unit of irondrakes and one of thunderers. i guess i need to keep them in like a box formation to stop flanking, too

Warriors are cheap enough to take a larger unit and eat it I think.

Consider, if possible, charging first, to deny them charge bonus. How many points do you play anyway?

Jesus you must be unlucky with your rolls if your Irondrakes can't kill them fast enough.

I mean, 20 shots at 3+ 3+ to kill a unit with 10 total wounds?
If you use both your Warden King and Thunderers buff, you should be able to kill a unit a turn.

Idk what those other fags are talking about those are 10/10 conversions across the board.

Get it. Shadespire is awesome fun.

Are you sure? It doesn't seem to be worth 160pts

So Rob is making silly short videos about the models they review on stream.
youtube.com/watch?v=3qrBUsrKBh8

I want to include some fun allies to my host of Slaneesh, what are some good/fun allies? Personally I was thinking of maybe adding either some Brayherds or warherds, but I also got in mind of maybe having a chaos Gargant.
Any ideas from you Anons?

Brayherd is really redundant with the Host.
Warherd is better.

A Ghorgon is literally an old school Keeper of Secrets, so that will definitely fit the theme.

I mean...

Sometimes I wonder if the Ghorgon was suppose to be the new KoS, but got changed, like the Glottkin was originally the new GUO.

Anyone have a download for Hinterlands?

It gives you mortal wounds equal to around half of your flaggellant squad directly onto an enemy squad. It's absolutely worth its cost.

>What do you play?
Spiderfang Grots

>What are the weaknesses?
Shit bravery and lack of variety.

>What enemy types make you cry/rage?
Shit that abuses bravery and shit that ignores or otherwise shrugs off mortal wounds.

Luckily, my Nighthaunt-playing friend pointed out that Spider Venom always succeeds on a 6, regardless of the -1 to hit that his Mournguls. If it was actually possible to deactivate that shit, the army'd be a giant load of garbage against units that could do it. I eventually finalized the Allegiance that I was getting help from here and plebbit on, and been having a ball with it on the tabletop.

You daft, mate? It lets you vomit out even more Mortal Wounds than you were already able to. At 1000 points, it makes DoS hilariously effective. And then you lose pretty much all of that effectiveness when you get out to 2k.