/btg/ BattleTech General

---------------------------------
Spoopy Atlas edition

The /btg/ is dead - long live the /btg/!

Old thread: ==================================

BattleTech video-game Beta gameplay
youtube.com/watch?v=rt6FatHHnzI

==================================

>BattleTech Introductory Info and PDFs
bg.battletech.com/?page_id=400

>Overview of the major factions?
bg.battletech.com/universe/great-houses/
bg.battletech.com/universe/the-clans/
bg.battletech.com/universe/other-powers/

>How do I find out which BattleMechs a faction has?
masterunitlist.info/

Unit Designing Softwares
>SSW Mech Designer
solarisskunkwerks.com/
>MegaMek Lab
megamek.info/
github.com/MegaMek

>/btg/ does a TRO:
builtforwar.blog(not spam)spot.com/

>How do I do this Against the Bot thing? (old)
pastebin.com/pE2f7TR5

2017-03-03 – (Against the Bot)
mediafire.com/file/kffatbm11ffus7l/Against_the_Bot_Instructions_v2-5.pdf

bg.battletech.com/forums/index.php?topic=56065.0
Current 3.21 rule set is included in the mekhq package

>Map of /btg/ players (WIP):
zeemaps.com/map?group=1116217&add=1

>Rookie guides
pastebin.com/HZvGKuGx

>Sarna.net - BattleTech Wiki
sarna.net/wiki/Main_Page

>Megamek - computer version of BattleTech. Play with AI or other players
megamek.info/

>BattleTech IRC
#battletech on irc.rizon.net

>PDF Folders
mediafire.com/folder/sdckg6j645z4j/Battletech
mediafire.com/folder/cj0tjpn9b3n1i/Battletech
mediafire.com/folder/tw2m414o1j9uj/Battletech_Archives

/btg/'s own image board: - (2017-10-17 - Still getting worked on & now has 20027 pics! Any help with tagging appreciated!)
bgb.booru.org/index.php

More goodies! (Rare manuals, hex packs, TROs, discord servers, etc.) Last updated 2017-09-16!
pastebin.com/uFwvhVhE

the crab destroyed my arm but them retreated. Did I fuck something up or is it normal for them to retreat? I've seen the messages before but this is the first one thats actually followed through with retreating.

No, but if the bot tripped its fear trigger, it felt the fight wasn't worth it. Congrats, you won a fight most of us thought you'd have been BTFOed in, though that's because you did more damage than that pirate could have reasonably repaired.

The stormcrow is one of my favorite mechs and is stupid good

Any Wolf players here?

Some of their designs like the Lobo, Linebacker, Phantom and Pouncer I never really see people use. So I was just curious if anyone here has experiencing using them, and what your thoughts on the designs are.

>clan """superiority"""

Where can I go to learn more about the BattleTech card game?

Pouncer Prime is a fat Adder, A and B are your classic mixed LRM laser boats,

I've only used the linebacker Prime but the B and G variants seem to be of the same vein, it's a fast heavy that primarily uses head-capping weapons.

The Linebacker is just a middling attempt to make a fusion of the Timber Wolf and the Stormcrow, and is superseded by both. I've used it when I got it on RATs or forced to for scenarios, but it's not my first choice. The Phantom is basically a less good Viper, since it can't jump, and the Pouncer is a cute but fat Adder. Unfortunately, the 3050 omnis are almost archetypical due to them playing directly on their strengths, except for the Vulture which needs more fucking armor.

The Linebacker is also often a victim of slightly gimped configs, likely intentionally so. Like the Prime and A mounting an LRM 5 instead of additional heat sinks that both could use more, since 2 ERPPCs or 2ERLLs+LRM 15 aren't lacking in long range firepower.

Not sure, I have a bunch of cards still because I've been a BT geek for ever and as a kid was into TCGs. Honestly I don't think I ever played a game.

>except for the Vulture which needs more fucking armor.
At least it's not a Loki.

I thought it was a good, interesting game but even in its heyday it was pretty niche.

"Shortest qi pao" convinced me.

The Vindy looks like he's about to shoot the observer for peeking...

Can we get a Black Knight and a girl in 'mech-appropriate plate armor bikini?

Damn that convenient barrel placement!

Have you done the Wolverine yet? Or the Scorpion?

>Falcons
>superior to anything

Good show, user. I'm laughing like a mofo at the Vindi censor barrel.

I like the Wolves, but let's be real here. They spent from 3053 to like 3130 being repeatedly shat on and only got anywhere in the Dark Age by getting the fuck away from the rape train the Lyrans, Falcons, Horses, and Bears had been running on them for eighty years so they could fight a faction the authors would otherwise forget even existed.

The get Worfed even harder than the Dracs.

In fairness they did literally chlorinate the gene pool on Strana Mechty, so there is that for them after 3053. Otherwise, yeah...plus, Alaric. Meanwhile, Annihilator.

get check

You can't rape the willing!!

>You can't rape the willing!!
All yiffing is rape, because animals cannot consent.

And some stats, belatedly. Worked better than I thought.

Your codex says no, but your batchal says yes.

Have you already done Kristen Redmond with her hellbringer/loki?

Can someone explain where the "Clanners are furries" thing come from? I'm not an expert on the setting or anything but I haven't come across anything in the lore about that (or is this a meme I'm taking too literally?).

Bit of both. A lot of Clans also have rituals where they dress up as their clan totem.

Pretty sure they also wear masks to the grand council. It's not quite fursuiting, but it's close enough for ridicule.

They dress up in furry outfits complete with fur and masks for their ceremonies and councils. They worship their spirit animals like furries, and they fuck around with each other as bad as furries at a furry convention.

They ARE furries.

Same. Though I feel like the Wolves shouldn't be able to take terra anytime soon, it's nice to see the clan getting something for a change and having a Kahn willing to pull some crazy shit. Now if they absorbed the Falcons, I'd be REALLY happy.

>absorbing the Falcons

Falcons are gonna be ilClan bro

More like ghostbears, to the leviathans go the spoils!!

Ghostbears suck Stone's wrinkled dick harder than a Canopian hooker. They'd never conquer Terra.

Go back to the homeworlds and play with your kerensky logs.

Read the DA novels. Or read the Jihad stuff. The Bears worship Stone and the Republic. No war with the Republic. No ilClan.

I don't want you to be right, but CGL is dumb enough to try.

Honestly, outside of my headcannon of the Jade Wolves, though like hell Aliriac would call them that I think the ilclan will be a combination of Bear, Raven and Fox. The Ravens are the top clan when it comes to naval still and have reactivated much of their fleet, the bears are... the bears, and Clan Smiling Merchant has the funds/connections/production to keep their conquest going. While i'll admit I don't see the Foxes WANTING Terra, I do see them going along for the potential profit and to control everything behind the scenes.

There's a few generations worth of time between the DA and the ilClan prelude. Lots of time to change opinions.

General question. I know that warriors adopted into another clan keep their bloodnames and can rise quite high, but are there precedences for an abtakha becoming loremaster? Not counting Minoru Kurita because he abandoned his family name.

Falcons have the biggest winning streak in the DA. They've been invading three different states for over fifteen years straight and taking worlds hand over fist. Their leadership is a bunch of nutty skanks, but that's slowed them down about as much as the blackout slowed anyone down after 3135.

>tfw no communications all gets swept under the rug in Late-DA and people magically stay up to date or have convenient command circuits

>clan astro-jew being part of the ilClan

They would probably demand the new star league symbol had only six points to the star instead of the original 8.

ilClan happens in 3150. What happens is like after 3080, there's a period of decades of stuff not changing much. Then the new books will be set in 3250. ilClan caps the DA, it's not a time jump on its own.

No. Bears are ilclan cause they never lose to scrub, bushleague, amateur hour, minors playing furries.

Wait what we have mech waifus now

They lose by default when they don't show up to the game.

The Wolves are so badass the writers had to fuck them over to make things fair.

Stop putting boobs on a Locust..

Not exactly. The split at the end of the Refusal War passed of the protagonist stick to the Exiles. Clan Wolf itself at that point became about the same tier as St. Ives or the FRR. It's not until the DA that they shift back to being the main wolves. Even then, Annie K took almost all of that spotlight with her mongrels until the late-3130's where the Steel Wolves imploded and Alaric got more attention.

Your lumping the bears with cgl, zing!!! Sorry my bear trolling is only 2.5/10, at work and bored.

...why?

Because a Locust has that crotch laser. Are you into futa and trannies, son?

Well, this IS Veeky Forums.

>Kristen Redmond
Nice quads but she drove a vulture senpai.

>she drove a vulture
That's what I get for checking sarna and not going with my memory

Wait so which one is canon? Sarna or the cartoon?

Cartoon is, the cartoon is also "canon" as a hyped up version of real events. (in universe)
Adam Steiner and Victor are huge in the BT universe, I do wonder what happened to some of the others.

I know Franklin went on to have family IIRC his grand daughter became a big shot for the Dragon.

well shit I was already halfway done with a hellbringer version.
here's the vindicator edited for better composition in the meantime.

Sorry to burst bubble, but no reason not to finish the hellbringer and add in some random clan wiafu, I happen to love the Loki in fact my cat is named after it.

2 CERPPCs with gotta go fast? Fun as fuck.

I picked up a black hawk after a fight with a clan. Pretty much everything but the left leg is fucked, is it worth trying to repair it without access to clan parts or should I just dump it?

BH doesn't use Endo or FF, as long as you can repair the engine you should keep it.

Fucked as in "little internal structure left" or fucked as in "outright gone"?

Figured out what the confusion was, her sarna page mentions piloting a Loki at Tukayyid. Guess user only skimmed the article.

stat me

Holo from Spice & Wolf with a Wolf clan Timber Wolf? Might as well go maximum lupus.

So Vulture main, rode a Loki at Tukayyid?

would you?

No. Not that desperate.

this is a grave misuse of trips

As the defender, I defend these hips with two layers of clothing and a jar of lube. What do you wager in my triumph?

4 D batteries and alligator clamps.

Bargained well and done.

Not even with a Word of Blake cybernetic turbo penis with XL technology for extra girth, combined with a supercharger and MASC.

Forgot pic...
Can somebody tell me what the mech being attacked is in this pic?

Link it man

I can only make out the hatchet man sorry my dude

I want to say it's a Cataphract being attacked, but I'm not sure. The feet don't look right.

Cataphract. The right arm hexagonal barrel and the lower legs are dead giveaways.

>Clan Sue Adder
Not even once.

How would a Clan Wolf pilot get a Cataphract though?

>captured during Revival
>assigned to second line cluster and by the time of Vlad's Wolves assigned to a frontline keshik because lol what logistics?

>How would a Clan Wolf pilot get a Cataphract though?

It's a capellan machine. You can see part of a decal for the limpsword on the arm.

It'd be like throwing a hotdog down a hallway, but sure, I would. Hopefully I'd survive it too.

Industrial press seems like a more likely situation honestly

You have made me a very happy man. Thank you very much.

My brain says no, but my dick says yes. So probably.

Kerensky did nothing wrong.

If I wanted to fuck a chick who fucked her siblings growing up, I'd have done that back in high school. So no

How do I use the Dragon? I've tried several of the variants but I can't seem to get much out of it.

>How do I use the Dragon?
In groups and against mediums.

Is a vindicator 1R a decent campaign mech?

Only if you're a capellan. Fuck finding parts if you aren't.

Fuckit here ya go.

I was about to draw a completely different face until google reminded me she existed in the cartoon.

Bonus points to those who recognise where I stole the costume from.

So what do you do if you end up fighting other heavies?

Gang up or hop in and out of cover.

This

>Bonus points to those who recognise where I stole the costume from.

Isn't that The Shocker from Spider Man?

I'd like to give that Clanner the shocker ;)

are Pheonix Hawks good? I like lasers but I hate machine guns.

Pixies are okay, you can replace the mgun and ammo with another med laser, armor, or heatsink if you dislike them that much.

>are Pheonix Hawks good?

Best giant bugs in the game in 3025! Lasers are awesome, and these guys are *fast*, too! If you don't like sitting on a big explosive bullet bomb (and really, who does?), just have your techs "forget" to load the ammo in before the match.

I use variants of them all the time. One of my currect players has two in stock.