Warhammer 40k General /40kg/

Kroot Rumors Edition

>Previous:

>Commissars nerfed to actually debuff infantry
warhammer-community.com/2017/10/22/new-faqs-and-errata-for-the-astra-militarum-and-beyond-oct-22gw-homepage-post-1/

>Daily Duncan Playlist
youtube.com/watch?v=UsziEzfcGIY&list=PLEaPE4sLDA7ucJ0dkiVZSW6ghZUNGFHIW&index=1

>Eldar entire codex revealed by Striking Scorpion 1488
youtube.com/watch?v=4ne8vBVT8N0

>GW FAQ (1.1):
games-workshop.com/en-GB/Rules-Errata#40k-errata

>FW FAQ (1.1):
warhammer-community.com/2017/07/15/new-and-updated-forge-world-faqs-july16gw-homepage-post-2/

>Rules and such. Use Readium on pc/iphone, lithium/kobo on android:
>Everything 8th edition in properly converted pdf & epub, fully bookmarked and linked with in-line errata annotations
mega.nz/#F!bF0ExS4D!_XaMECn0K9HiJKUFSopJLA

>Other Megas
mega.nz/#F!64wmnBZR!rWcm37EkOOeToeueqhPjpA
mega.nz/#F!BxI1HSgI!0tKymKh9RZTzGpgIA5EyCg
mega.nz/#F!9NchGZyZ!-V1LhJALxDp9Tw97WzEQGA
mega.nz/#F!pFgm0RKR!J06C1gVYcjzNGsF8YNLsjQ
>Old Black Library Mega
mega.nz/#F!wx4BiKhD!YhnAf1BqSmAB8dO6xDM56Q

>WIP Math-hammer doc (Thanks Chart-user!)
docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1h0hk_IdJ7fivDEjMiIpKM5yMMB8HTm64lZHuKdLZCIU/edit?usp=sharing

First for post-nerf Commissars and Conscripts are still viable as long as you build your army around the stratagy and this is the way it should have been from the beginning.

Is Eldar first?

I'm playing inquisitors in my IG list now. Thanks for making my army imperial soup GW.

The only true part of your post is "First".

>Sideways tanks
I love the new simple vehicle rules but I will never, ever get used to this.

Any links to the shitshow with the SoCal open? I wanna read more.

WAAC-fag

Jesus that looks tedious and unfun. How can people enjoy the tourney scene?

I forgot about those. That just makes that picture funnier

My autism is already triggered by people not turning their infantry models so that they are looking at the enemy, preferably the unit they're shooting or charging. Not much changed for me.

I put my vehicles backwards just to annoy people.

DELETE THIS

I love playing people like you. Every time you look away I twist one random model of yours 180°.

Posted without realizing a new thread was made.

I've been wanting a Commander to be the sort of enforcer of my Penal legion conscripts, but I haven't decided what model I want it to be. I have a built Sister of Silence Sergeant that looks she would be a neat mistress/dominatrix type demanding they run forward with her finger pointing. With the big ass sword, I thought it would be fun to give her the Blade of Conquest as a relic. I like it, but it also seems weird/out of place. Any ideas of who would be a good enforcer of prisoners?

You monster

Can you consolidate after an enemy falls back out of combat?

>Can you consolidate after an enemy falls back out of combat?
No, that happens in the Fight phase.

Makes me think of all the times you see artillery spam in the corner. They are all stacked like a weird artillery tetris board. It looks like a nightmare for people with OCD/autism. My 9 tanks not facing the battle will all fire not needing line of sight.

You consolidate during your movement phase.

>mfw Warlord Titan is the only vehicle in the game with facing-dependent weapons
>mfw 360 moonwalking Titans are the mechanically superior way to play

I haven't heard anything about this till now, what happened?

No, units now consolidate immediately after they made their close combat attacks.

A chaos soup player made it to the finals against an imperial soup player. The chaos soup player used battlescribe to make his list, and some points values were incorrect, so he was several points over. This wasn't caught until the finals. He was dq'd. Nobody really made a scene, and there wasn't much drama.

Cheating Chaosfag almost made it to top spot before being called out by the stream. Reece said it's not his problem, it's the player's job to check.

Still disqualified him though

There's not much to see. The cheater isn't going to make a fuss, because he's on a stream and he has no leg to stand on. Reece isn't going to make a fuss, because he's on a stream and there's no way to prove the guy wasn't just really, really stupid.

The two dudes are playing with their cancer lists, and then Reece walks over and wheezes at them about the point discrepancies. The cheater fumbles trying to explain that there's a typo in one of the books therefore he shouldn't have to pay for the Icon. Then they cut the audio for a bit before the two dudes go back to playing out the game for "fun."

It's always the TO's job to check all lists. That's fundamental shit.

>Nobody really made a scene, and there wasn't much drama
For fuck's sake Reece at least make your whitewashes believable.

kinda glad that nothing happened to scions with the faq but at the same time hoped I would be suprised.

At least its consistant

>don't glue your knight's waist
>SWIVEL

To make sure my scions don't lose their tactics I have to put my sentinels in a separate detachment. What would be a good HQ to use for them? I want to give them Tallaren tactics so I can move freely so I need an IG HQ choice

A Chaos player with a cheesy ass list didn't realize he had to pay for Icons so he was over by like 100 points or something. People are super happy to see him get BTFO because of his asshole list.

Is the stream available to watch.

Would people give a shit if I painted my Aspect warriors in my craftworld colors and maybe painted a shoulder pad their shrine color?

They never do though. At least not all the lists. Makes me wonder why they bother with forcing people to send their lists when registering

I started modeling my gaunts looking in different directions. Makes the horde look for menacing

Search Frontline Gaming on Twitch, then click the Videos tab. The first two videos are the tournament.

>The chaos soup player used battlescribe to make his list
>battlescribe

gross

The cheepest one.

Very first try at this. Howd I do?

Nope. Nobody who matters would care.

That is true though. The two dudes just calmly finished the game. The Chaos soup player barely containing his salt isn't particularly interesting to watch.

I definitely agree that, in theory, it should be their job, but in practice it's just not feasible for them to hand-check hundreds of lists using rules and point values spread out across a dozen plus books. They operate using a tiny amount of volunteers as is. Unless GW is going to start recruiting and rewarding judges/TO's a la Wizards of the Coast and Magic, tournaments aren't going to be able to feasibly verify the legality of all lists.

The potential to crowdsource the list verification is intriguing, although it would still be difficult to ensure that the lists that hit the table were properly verified.

Reasonable and fair, but also sideways.

Not that bad for complete beginner but please thin.

Primaris Psyker maybe.

Tank Lord, obviously

Not bad at all. Shade the seals and base, and highlight the blue back up.

>Kasrkin always get placed with stormies
>Krieg grenadiers never do

If GW would just let us have a good listbuilder, you could require that all lists be submitted with it.

Why would he think they were free?

same for solar auxilia
I feel ya

He used Battlescribe which didn't give them a points cost.

>using babby's first army builder

How about having a commissar in a Shadowsword to blam your Titans if they step away from the enemy?

Still a little sideways. Try applying 2 thin coats at a 45 degree angle to get it back upright.

Other people noticed this too, right?

Maybe GW is having one developed?

>not deliberately playing imperial soup because burn the heretic.

Dude ran Magnus, Morty and a Knight in a superheavy detachment, then spammed Brims.

WAAC as fuck so of course he tried it.

Should I go Tyranids or Orks? What's the difference between Tyranids and Orks on a crunch level?

Damn that new eldar box is everything I wanted.
I don't have the money to start a new army

There was a typo in the original digital version of Codex: Death Guard that omitted them from the point cost chart. It didn't give them a cost of zero, it just entirely lacked the entry. It was funny on stream, because he was clearly aware that some edition of the book had it missing, but he wasn't really sure which one.

GW's models look like complete ass compared to FW? Yeah I noticed a long time ago famalama.

They shut down the only good list-builder for IP violations.

Nids still has lots of bugs in it.

alright boys, i got into 40k 2 years before the 4th edition came out, and stopped playing not long after the 5th edition was released. a few of my friends are starting to get back into it and i was thinking about fielding a tyranid army.

now ive noticed that a shit tonne of new models have been added to the tyranid army (i dont even recognise half of the shit on the games workshop website). my plan was to start building up an army slowly to give me time to paint everything (i had a terrible habit of buying a heap of models back in the day and never painting them), and use a paint scheme similar to pic related, the (old) old one eye. what do you guys think?

also does anyone here play with tyranids?

Those aren't even close.

How do color schemes work for aspect warriors? Is it based off their craftworld or their shrine?

You can just run a Supreme Command Detachment of three Inquisitors and still have your Doctrines.

Obligatory thin your paints.
Putting white or yellow over blue is hard. Your first thought might be more paint, but the answer is more coats. 3-4 thin coats give you
Better coverage than one thick coat and doesn't clump or glop. Other than that, great first miniature, user!

>If your army consists entirely of painted models, you receive one additional Command Point.

I'm considering adding this to the rules for a campaign I'm organizing. Thoughts?

>waah waah WAAC
Heaven forbid a semi-professional tournament player who paid a large sum of money both to enter the tournament and be there tried to actually WIN the tournament.
Hate not the tourneyfag, but their netlisting imitators who bring that shit to pickup games.

>tfw Alaitoc is the new WAACfag faction and I will never see an army painted and converted this well ever again

The admech would throw such a bitch fit that they could power all of mars with the amount of binaric REEEEing if that happened.

Nid new codex is coming out on the 11th November but we don't have any details yet, just wait a few weeks before committing to anything.

Orks are more customizable while nids are pretty streamlined for infantry.
I'd wait for new codex to see nid crunch.
You cheeky fucker

That's hilarious, he can't even claim ignorance if he's literally cherry picking the errored edition.

I am glad he got DQed.

Just wait like 2 weeks, the new dex will be out soon and will probably change everything we could tell you.

Just give some victory points if you're fully painted. Enough to clear a tiebreaker.

Do it.

For what purpose?

That's actually a pretty neat idea. It's a real incentive to paint shit, but not too impactfull.

I like this.

alright thanks guys. theres a games workshop in the town i live so ill see what the go is

also, does anyone still use old models in their armies? i still have the old tyrant guards and personally think they look better than the most recent models

I like the idea, but I would rather it be punitive than rewarding what should be standard.

I would say "If you have any unpainted models in your army you lose 1 Command Point, if you have entirely unpainted models you lose D3 Command Points"

Give everyone fair warning. Obligatory don't be a dick warbing

Not him, but generally speaking all of the unpainted armies I play against are from WAACfags who don't care about the hobby portion. Having a tangible benefit to putting in the time would help with getting people to do it, at least for events like campaigns that are supposed to be more narrative in nature.

>semi-professional player
>semi-professional

At what? Spamming WAAC shit? It isnt that hard to create a strong list and bring it to tourneys. Professional 40k players are a retarded concept.

I always moonwalk my army

Before each round of combat, I make sure to spin every single infantry in a 360 and yell JAMOAN

If you're going to the effort of going, you want to win the thing.

Technically to be a professional just means they make a profit doing it.

Which I think is currently impossible with this game.

Yes. I play Dark Eldar and use strictly old school ravagers in my army because I love the model and like having them ve visually distinct from the raiders. I even have a "fleet captain" using a converted Vect Dias of Destruction.

I don't know how people could be against the hobby portion it's one of the best parts.

got my lil bro another box of Immortals and a box of Warriors today.

and the place he and I usually go for supplies and stuff, I requested they order in an Ark, a Cryptek, and a Nightbringer.

Watching that SoCal Open final game and I noticed the Guard player had a ridiculous amount of dakka. Conscripts and Gatling Tauroxs. What was his list? How did he manage to finish any games within the time limit?

To encourage everyone to get their stuff painted.

Need another old school Raider? I have one that's just sitting on my shelf, unpainted.

Plus a bunch of old school Kabalites I used to use as Trueborn.