Warhammer 40000 general /40kg/

New Daemon prince Angron spotted edition

>Previous thread

>Commissars nerfed to actually debuff infantry
warhammer-community.com/2017/10/22/new-faqs-and-errata-for-the-astra-militarum-and-beyond-oct-22gw-homepage-post-1/

>Daily Duncan Playlist
youtube.com/watch?v=UsziEzfcGIY&list=PLEaPE4sLDA7ucJ0dkiVZSW6ghZUNGFHIW&index=1 [Open]

>Eldar entire codex revealed by Striking Scorpion 1488
youtube.com/watch?v=4ne8vBVT8N0 [Open]

>GW FAQ (1.1):
games-workshop.com/en-GB/Rules-Errata#40k-errata

>FW FAQ (1.1):
warhammer-community.com/2017/07/15/new-and-updated-forge-world-faqs-july16gw-homepage-post-2/

>Rules and such. Use Readium on pc/iphone, lithium/kobo on android:
>Everything 8th edition in properly converted pdf & epub, fully bookmarked and linked with in-line errata annotations
mega.nz/#F!bF0ExS4D!_XaMECn0K9HiJKUFSopJLA

>Other Megas
mega.nz/#F!64wmnBZR!rWcm37EkOOeToeueqhPjpA
mega.nz/#F!BxI1HSgI!0tKymKh9RZTzGpgIA5EyCg
mega.nz/#F!9NchGZyZ!-V1LhJALxDp9Tw97WzEQGA
mega.nz/#F!pFgm0RKR!J06C1gVYcjzNGsF8YNLsjQ
>Old Black Library Mega
mega.nz/#F!wx4BiKhD!YhnAf1BqSmAB8dO6xDM56Q

>WIP Math-hammer doc (Thanks Chart-user!)
docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1h0hk_IdJ7fivDEjMiIpKM5yMMB8HTm64lZHuKdLZCIU/edit?usp=sharing

Other urls found in this thread:

i.imgur.com/KWLIFPI_d.jpg?maxwidth=640&shape=thumb&fidelity=medium
disco.gg/warhammer
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

first post for Cadia!

Second for the other half of Cadia.

Real talk. Please explain to a retard who hasn't paid attention to Eldar at all in 8th why they are suddenly OP.

Last I had heard, they were an army of overcosted and generally weak options. What's changed? Why are they suddenly top-tier again?

What army would you guys most want to get new and/or updated units?

What army do you think WILL get new/updated units?

What army do you want to not get new units?

Cold as ice, user

They're getting a codex.

r8 my REALLY rough draft for my crusaders. marine arms are huge, i know, but they have a 4+ and 2 attacks. cybernetics or something i dunno.

also post your list, other inquisition guy. let's compare soup.

Sisters

some sort of bland marine faction either spikey or normal

some sort of bland marine faction either spikey or normal

brutal

What army would you guys most want to get new and/or updated units?
Sisters of Battle
What army do you think WILL get new/updated units?
Dark Angels
What army do you want to not get new units?
Tau

I was hoping to get Nuadhu Fireheart for Eldar, but it looks like we're getting nothing new

Codex dropped the cost of basically everything, made most units viable.

Some decent, some lackluster craftworld/warlord traits and relics, some pretty good stratagems

and people kneejerking about how an Alaitoc army can give one squad of rangers per turn a -3 to be shot at if the psychic power isnt denied, or spend a command point to give one flier a -3 to be shot at. As long as theyre Alaitoc.

-2 and -3 to hit on Alaitoc rangers is a pain in the ass but a pack of Rangers is not going to win the game for them, especially since they cant really be used to ObSec, since the penalties to hit them only apply to shooting and most things can beat a Ranger's face in

Still, Saim-Hann Sniper Jetbike Reaper Autarchs flying around murdering characters, and networked Fire Prisms obliterating things far above their weight class, are pretty good.

Oops forgot the picture.

>What army would you guys most want to get new and/or updated units?
Primaris marines. They only have a single unit in each slot aside from HQ.

>Eldar
>Op now
The only time they weren't op was back in fifth and they were still pretty good.

>Have been running Inquisitors with my Guard for four years
>Start getting called WAAC-fag

What the Fuck is with you people

Second post best post

They let gorillas with chaos artifacts be crusaders?

Imperium sure is progressive these days.

not as bad as the guy who made crusaders out of chaos warriors but still pretty meh/10

Radical inquisitors m8 :^)

Ain't even close to done, just got some of the pieces in the mail.

>capitalizes "fuck"
>I SWEAR I'M NOT WAAC GUYS

Everything that hasn't already gotten models would be great, Craftworlds could do to get aspect warriors out of resin at the least, guard needs an actual 10 man veterans box, sisters need a whole fucking line save for named characters, orks have the warbuggy from years ago etc.

I honestly don't see the appeal of SoB.

I do agree with the Dark Angels, they'll probably get a full set of models along with their primarch when their Codex releases. I don't want them to get new stuff, but it'll probably happen. (I'm still super salty about a friend bike-spamming all through 7th and being an asshole about it.)

Nice meme, can you regurgitate all the dicks you've been sucking as well?

>Daemon Angron
Wait what?

>Implying phones don’t autocapitalize
>That bizarre jump in logic

You don’t fuck, do you?

It's a meme you dip.

They weren't especially OP in 4th, they just had unkillable Falcons

Space Marines without the baggage of Space Marines, and honestly being more interesting as they aren't super human. They are another facet of humanity fighting with the rest of the military of the Imperium for the survival of humanity against forces that would throw it upon a pyre. I find them infinitely more interesting than most loyalist space marines.

I like the aggressive fleur de lys religious aesthetic, and squads of 4 heavy flamers riding a tank with 2 more heavy flamers appeals to me on a very basic level

also, I get to play power armor and bolters without being marines

I mean, it mostly just has to do with them latching on to 'Guard literally tabled me, my grandma and my cat while down 2000 pts' meme and not being willing to let go in the face of the biggest thing they could bitch about being nerfed into the dust.

>New Daemon prince Angron spotted edition

PICS

So basically a bunch of reactionary shitposting about a list that isn't even out yet that somehow damns the whole book, because of stigma for the faction from previous editions. Got it, thanks for the explanation.

You're surprised about kneejerk reactionary shitposting here of all places?

Arms look like total ass, and that shield has an icon of Tzeentch on it.

I'd love a Doom Wing/Fire Lord dual-kit for the Sons, or a new Defiler with cult options.

I dunno, I'm still pretty upset about the changes to tanks myself.

Leman Russes. They look like they're the best tank in the game on paper, especially with the Tallarn doctrine. What is the consensus on them? It feels dirty to look at my tonks now.

Baneblades. They were already okay, and now they're perhaps the best superheavies in the game outside of named characters and Titans. A Baneblade outdoes a Fellblade and a Shadowsword is more point-efficient than a Falchion by a factor approaching 2. Something feels like it isn't right.

Earthshakers. I know most WAACs used the platforms and sometimes the carriage, but to me this is about the Basilisk. Did it REALLY need AP-3? They were honestly already pretty good.

Of course I've never asked for anyone else's opinion on it before now because I'd just be shouted down as another powergaming Guardfag, but what IS the deal here? Are they really only okay?

People believe with fervent passion that guard armies should be their door math and easy prey for other armies, it's now for second time in their live they are good again and people bitched and moaned enough to force GW into needing them, to compare it with other armies it would have been as if eldars had their scattbikes 5+ AS, BS/WS 5+ and could only be buffed on a 4+ and warlocks/farseers killed a bunch of them every time they cast their buffs or marines had their power armour, atsknf removed, reduce their was/bs to 5+ and their chapter tactics could only work with a 4+ and their chaplains killed them every time they had LD test

Not really surprised, I should have added that. But last time Veeky Forums got its panties in such a twist, it was over Conscripts, which were pretty much unarguable OP. I thought they might have been on to something with Eldar as well since they have a history of being broken.

>New Daemon prince Angron spotted
What? Is the real or a meme?

My heart can't take it.

>3rd ed
>4th ed
>6th ed
>7th ed
>Eldars
>Balanced
Here's your (you)

did the eldar lose anything in their codex update?

They've made the chapter master of the red scorpions into a dreadnought. sad boyz

you forgot 2e eldar, who were also bullshit

Not an argument, post proof of Eldar dominating competitive events in 2nd, 3rd, 4th and 5th.

People die when they are killed.

the main thing holding the eldar codex back right now is that basically every Craftworld Trait only really buffs a select few units, and in like 4/5 of the cases, it's the wrong damn unit for what that craftworld should be fielding. Alaitoc is hands down the "competetive" choice, and none of them are strictly TERRIBLE, theyre just wonky. The craftworld with very few living soldiers and tons of wraith constructs heavily benefits gigantic blobs of mass infantry. The craftworld that spams Aspect Warriors got a trait that buffs guardians and vehicles, without touching most aspect warriors.

Shit like that.

Fire Dragon shoot-and-scoot revolving door deep striking wave serpent shenanigans might end up bordering on OP though

Orks. Or at least restock what they have. I've been waiting for fucking ever.

...why?

>Wraithlords were better distraction carnifexes with Lance and sun canon
>Eldar walkers were still pretty fucking good
>Everyone and specially CSM were blander than eldars
>Others were stuck with older non overpowered codexes
Eldar were king in bland edition, the only thing was that it was bland edition and nobody actually cares about those times.

no rules for Warp Jump Autarchs, so gotta use the index for that. A select few guns got more expensive. That's all I can think of, I havent seen wargear breakdowns.

>Fire Dragon shoot-and-scoot revolving door deep striking wave serpent shenanigans
Don't you have to be Ynnari to embark after shooting?

For posterity

GIVE US ANGRON.

KHORNE DEMANDS IT.

Not with the 1CP Fading Fire stratagem, you don't!

It's real and it's awesome, it makes any other primarchs look like shit

I know about the stratagem faggot, I was asking if it legally allowed you to embark. Post it.

>tfw Ghazghkull finally came back in stock

Maybe now I can actually enjoy myself in large games.

>crons
Face it, we have basically no real choices in 8th after all our cool gadgets were shoved into the base models, It's a blessing and a curse. If we get an update and new units, it would be a breath of fresh air.
Also, gib me some neato lords instead of this resin crap.
>Actual update
Probably Sisters, GW keeps mentioning them and they are happily sitting in one of the best places they've ever been (my FLGS' meta is sisters, the glorious bastard has lost exactly once). Also, out of everyone here, they deserve it.

>pic
But Ghazzy is a GW model user? I don't get it.

why are eldar the perfect race?

It allows you to move as the movement phase, and ending a move within range of a transport allows you to embark.

It has functionally the same wording as the Ynnari free move (and the SoB free move but using THAT to embark is pointless)

Anyone know where I can find some competitive EC lists at 2k points?

Have an event coming up and I want to see what I can put together from what I have

tfw part of your homebrew chapters fluff is a former chapter master gets interred in a leviathan, now people will think i'm copying this

>the guy

There's at at least three of us. One is using Scion heads, one is using marine and chaos warrior heads, and I'm using skitarii vanguard heads.

Huh. Might be cool. At least they can't disembark from their ride turn 1 so it's a turn 2 tactic at least, at which point the Serpent is going to be hurting from focused fire.

I forget how fast they are but I guess you could try it turn 1 by deep striking the Dragons themselves and flat outing an empty Serpent in their general direction for them to MSM into, though the 9" deep strike range would prevent shit from getting too crazy.

Yeah just realized
>Nu-uh my sun cannon spam is balanced
>Nu-uh my unkillable falcon spam is balanced
>Nu-uh my wave serpents spam is balanced
>Nu-uh my scattbikes and wraith spam is legitimately balanced
>Nu-uh my -3 to hit, the ignore morale rule, deepstriking wraith guard, the return of scatterbikes and sniper wraith Knights are balanced
Eldar fags everybody

So it's a meme

They were genetically engineered by the old ones to be psychic Bioweapons. They just managed to hide away during an unplanned crises and have survived far past their purpose.

Where are the proofs? All I see here is parroted information from an anonymous poster who also supplied no proofs.

>bitching about Iyanden and scatbikes in 8th
Oh. Never mind, you're just a retard.

Post proof they werent.
Its from a time before internet, just ask any old faggot in your flgs.
But you wouldnt know that taking the bus to highschool.>genetically engineered by the old ones to be psychic Bioweapons

Eldar psyker are much weaker than human psykers.
The most powerfull psyker are always humans.
Its just that while every eldar is a very very low level psyker, humans arent.

For the user who asked before, here is my 2k Inquisition Storm Trooper list.

Want: Inquisition, Orks, chaos undivided, sisters
realistic: more marines, more cult marines
pls no: space wolves

>Webway Strike some Fire Dragons
>launch a Warlock Skyrunner 20" up to cast Quickening on them
>they are now within melta range
>while the Wave Serpent flies 16+2d6" to try and get within 10" to become a bunker

fortunately it is EXPLICIT in the codex that Webway Strike and Cloud Strike are mutually exclusive. You can drop in infantry/bikes or vehicles, but not both

that said, deep striking wraithguard/blades could get nasty. Especially D-Scythe guard. Hard as nails to remove with shooting and if you charge them you DESERVE to lose your army to them

How can I make my dream of a talking car a reality in 40k?

That was me. I posted my list up there.I like it, but why no volleyguns? Why some scion squads with 6 and some with 5? Do your flamer Acolytes actually do anything usually?

>-3 to hit
But only Iyanden can do this and only on about 5 units, only one of which is relevant.
>the ignore morale rule
It's shit for Eldar.
>deepstriking wraith guard
Fine.
>the return of scatterbikes
Scatbikes are shit. Giving them back Relentless will not change that.
>sniper wraith Knights
I see you're actually so retarded you don't even know what units you're actually talking about. Shitpost harder.

>Bland Edition
>The Edition with Chapter Traits, Doctrines, Ork Variations, Cursed Founding, Armageddon and EoT Lists, Chapter Approved, mixable -hunter books, Biomorphs and 3.5 Chaos were all concurrent for the better part of the edition
And it was a significantly better game to boot

Wait wait wait

why the fuck are you comparing eldar to humans? Where is the logic flow to this? Where the hell in left field are you?

Burden of proof is on you. Back up your allegation or drop it.
>an IOU for anecdotal evidence
Not an argument.

I think the tank buffs were probably warranted, a lot of tanks the edition over felt pretty underwhelming in terms of firepower, and I'm pretty glad to see that changing in the Guard and the Eldar, I somehow play neither with or against power armor, though, so I really don't know whether those tanks still suck. I see a lot of AdMech guys loving on their dunecrawlers though, so I think it's probably just some shifting to try and compensate for the ways the edition changed the paradigm of strong single combatants against cheap and spammable options who benefit much more from the new wound chart and AP than things like tanks, and particularly marines.

Baneblades on the other hand may be a legit case of 'huh?' they're definitely a potent little fire base, and with stratagem support, they even rock in melee, so who the fuck knows, my best line of reasoning is that IG is kinda the tank faction, what with having armored company before everyone could just spearhead and the sheer number of different tank loadouts available.

Earthshaker I think is fine, I don't really see it doing an inordinate amount of killing; wasn't the mathhammered waac artillery option pre-codex massed manticores?

Oh shit you're right, I forgot about Quickening shenanigans. What the fuck, this is making my nervous now. Maybe they really are OP.

>Post proof they werent.
You can't proove nonexistance you dunce.

A necron lord who transfered into a command barge instead of a standard body.

A machine spirit who can talk

practically confirmed.

There's no way not all 4 chaos gods are gonna get their primarch when currently the big focus is Imperium vs Chaos

Dude, just spam Noise Marines. They have 3-shot bolters, can always be the first to fight assuming you have the allegiance, and and get to shoot all their guns when they die. It's like making an Ynnari list heavy on Harlequins, you shouldn't be having this much trouble list building EC.

Also, spam Sonic Dreads.

I like how he listed those off when virtually all of them are mutually exclusive from one another. Also

>sniper Wraithknights
????

theyre not. You can get the same level of vehicle-fucking from linked Fire Prisms, and they fire from across the board while having tank durability.

That said its annoying because I like Fire Prisms, and I like Fire Dragons, but taking them both in a single list feels quite silly

Come on now, argumentum ad ignorantiam is a Veeky Forums staple. Right after anime image posting

here you go user
i.imgur.com/KWLIFPI_d.jpg?maxwidth=640&shape=thumb&fidelity=medium

I have a pair of them, and definitely want more. They underperformed for me in 7th but they're amazing for me now. Go figure.

Also every squad is either 5 or 10 man, Battlescribe just makes it look weird. The only one that is smaller is the obvious 4 man Command Squad.

As for the Acolytes, they're on and off. Sometimes they kill lots of stuff like swarms, and other times they're just shields for the Inquisitor. Can never really go wrong with them, but I do want to try Storm Bolter versions sometime.

I am using 3 squads of noise marines.

I ask because I am completely new to 8th, only played 2 games of 7th. I'd like some lists to look at so I know what to go for.

I attached my list.

> Angron
What did I miss ?

The user that originally brought it up was probably referring to the "give a Wraithseer a d-cannon and the sniper warlord trait" meme that's been making its rounds.

Of course such a unit can target your characters freely but you also can target it freely, this and it's T7 until FAQed and degrading statline so goes down even easier than a regular Lord.

disco.gg/warhammer

Some guy decided to start a Discord server for Warhammer in general because it turned out the Reddit servers are literally being run by a 350lb guy pretending to be his sister online.
Come join, there's a solid 80 people in there now.