/wfg/ Warhammer Fantasy General

Stormfiends edition

>Resources (Crunch, Lore and Warhammer Fantasy Role-play)
WFB: pastebin.com/8rnyAa1S
WFRP: pastebin.com/0e6RuQux
Novels: mega.nz/#F!9Lw1WIRZ!eKxkOlAQwuZO3_8pHOK-EQ

>We're looking for these novels for the archive (not updated)
pastebin.com/TSQhemJR

>Alternative Warhammer Miniatures and Manufacturers
pastebin.com/CvGaNyrk
the-ninth-age.com/lexicon/index.php?lexicon/462-the-9th-age-miniature-library/
tabletop-miniatures-solutions.com/13-the-9th-age
Tomb Kings Alternative: indiegogo.com/projects/tms-undying-dynasties-army-release#/
Bretonnia Alternative: indiegogo.com/projects/tms-kingdom-of-equitaine-army-release

>The 9th Age
the-ninth-age.com

>Warhammer Wikis
warhammerfb.wikia.com/wiki/Warhammer_Wiki (most complete)
whfb.lexicanum.com/wiki/Main_Page
warhammeronline.wikia.com/wiki/Warhammer_Online_Wiki

>Warhammer Video Games
Total War Warhammer 2: store.steampowered.com/app/594570/Total_War_WARHAMMER_II/
Vermintide 2: store.steampowered.com/app/552500/Warhammer_Vermintide_2/
Mordheim City of the Damned: store.steampowered.com/app/276810/
Bloodbowl 2: store.steampowered.com/app/236690/
Man O' War: store.steampowered.com/app/344240/
Age of Reckoning: returnofreckoning.com/
Doomwheel: katsugames.com/doomwheel

Previous:

Other urls found in this thread:

battlescribe.net)
pastebin.com/v2kM5yK7
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

Never ever.

What could have been..

who are they?

Reminder that Vlad loves to be spat on by his wife and is heavily into femdom.

>I thought, once upon a time, that I could mould her into the image of the queen. When she resisted, when she turned my arrogance back on me, hissing and spitting, I knew that there was no need. The first time she raised her voice to me in anger, I felt my heart ignite.

Post Chaos art.

The Phoenix Kings.

Beastmen characters in Total War can get a "doe" as a follower. She is a Beastwoman and the flavor text says that Beastmen are shy and timid creatures.

Her presence increases replenishment and recruitment rate of your herd.

good art
eww art

Retarded

>Her presence increases replenishment and recruitment rate of your herd
The poor thing.

Beastwomen are shy*

Why though?

Who is the best of them?

Aenarion.

the King who never was, Caledor the Dragontamer

Here it is.

Would you?

BeastMAN """""females""""""

>meh

Raping the captured human females of a freshly sacked settlement and keeping them prisoner until they come to term and produce horrific beastman babies

>Just right

Caledor the conquerer, Finubar and the Phoenix King that introduced the militia system.

>Khorne gives the guy behind you a sick-ass axe with a pretty sweet skull motif
>He gives you an angry flaming mailbox on a chain

Khorne

That's anvil. This guys job is to create weapomns for the Khornate armies. That axe is probably his work. Also the anvil makes you immortal. You don't need to drink, eat, or rest anymore.

doesn't look like an anvil at all. Weren't they able to copyright the traditional anvil shape?

Which one of these WoC BSBs do you guys prefer? I'll be playing a match later today and I can't decide between them.

Exalted Hero [226pts]: Battle Standard Bearer, Halberd, Mark of Nurgle
. Chaos Mutations & Powers: Hideous Visage, Scaled Skin
. Magic Items: AB - Helm of Many Eyes, BRB - Dawnstone

Exalted Hero [220pts]: Battle Standard Bearer, Mark of Nurgle
. Magic Items: AB - Chalice of Chaos, BRB - Charmed Shield, BRB - Luckstone, BRB - Sword of Anti-Heroes

The former is way more reliable but the latter seems like so much random fun. Either way it's going to go into a unit of Nurgle Warriors with shields and full command. A lore of nurgle Sorcerer Lord with a Daemonblade will also be included in the unit.

I'm currently leaning towards the latter, primarily because I wish to try out the Chalice of Chaos.

If anyone is interested here's my armylist. It's for that TT-game I mentioned in the previous thread.

++ Standard (Warriors of Chaos - Army Book (2013-4) -V8.8.0.) [1986pts] ++

+ Uncategorised +

- Army Size: Army (0-2999 points)

+ Lords +

Chaos Sorcerer Lord [425pts]: Lore of Nurgle, Mark of Nurgle, Wizard Level 4
. Chaos Mutations & Powers: Daemonblade
. Magic Items: BRB - Dispel Scroll, BRB - Enchanted Shield, BRB - Potion of Strength, BRB - Talisman of Preservation

+ Heroes +

Exalted Hero [220pts]: Battle Standard Bearer, Mark of Nurgle
. Magic Items: AB - Chalice of Chaos, BRB - Charmed Shield, BRB - Luckstone, BRB - Sword of Anti-Heroes

+ Core +

Chaos Chariot [125pts]: Mark of Nurgle

Chaos Chariot [125pts]: Mark of Nurgle

Chaos Warriors [351pts]
. Champion
. 18x Chaos Warrior: 18x Mark of Nurgle, 18x Shields
. Musician
. Standard Bearer: BRB - Banner of Swiftness

+ Special +

Chaos Warshrine [135pts]: Mark of Nurgle

Chaos Ogres [390pts]: Champion, Musician, Standard Bearer
. 8x Chaos Ogre: 8x Great weapons, 8x Mark of Nurgle

+ Rare +

Chaos Giant [215pts]: Giant of Nurgle

++ Total: [1986pts] ++

Created with BattleScribe (battlescribe.net)

I might switch out the ogres for a unit of 18x Forsaken of Slaanesh (dat swiftstride), allthough I really want to give my ogres a couple of more chances. With posion attacks and regen +5 due to Lore of Nurgle they should be able to tear shit up without dying.

The forsaken however are great at 'RIP AND TEAR' through the enemies' lines and also have alot of fun RNG. Then again with the ogre champion and the warshrine I can get some really fun and crazy results.

Pretty much, female beastmen have never existed. They rape women but they've just gotten rid of it because everyone's skin is like tracing paper these days.

What's up with T9A?
I remember checking them out several months back (probably closer to half a year) and they were getting ready for 2.0 release. I checked them out today, and its still same version... Is T9A ded?

As far as I know they just take their time. There's no local scene where I'm located as far as I know but I've heard that it thrives down on the continent.

Channeling as an Ice Witch provides a bonus if it's winter or you're in Kislev, right?

what if its winter in Kislev?

>doe
>not Beastwomen

Do you see this?! CA has ruined the lore, everybody! There is the proof! How dare they fucking change the GW-given terms that we have used since GW kicked us out of the Garden of WFB.

>or

I mean does it give double bonus?

Then your spells act as if you'd used an ingredient automatically. Freezing conditions in general do that.

Took a shot at making a Dwarf Ranger career, based around the Scout with some things shifted around or changed where it seemed appropriate based on their lore.

pastebin.com/v2kM5yK7

I myself love to have to think about rape when I'm playing my dumb tabletop game where ratmen pilot giant hamster wheels with lightning guns to run over a Landsknecht battalion.

They've always raped women and had their own females.

That's the point behind their numbers, they have like 4 fucking ways of reproducing.

4 ways
>beastwomen
>human women
>Gaves
>?????

The ones who chill out & have a cup of tea.

There's Turnskins, but maybe they come under the same category as Gaves.

There's ritual spells to mass turn people into beastmen, and I suppose one might also count adopting standard mutants rather than babies (who usually slowly adopt more beastly mutations).

Turnskins.

Yeah, Turnskins are 4, they're treated like shit unlike Gaves despite the two being vaguely similar.

5 is Rituals or that mega Herdstone from Gotrek and Felix; Shamanslayer.

Animals.

Go to Bing and image search "The Woods Have Eyes Gary Roberts"

That right there is GW canon for Beastman lore.

>that mega Herdstone from Gotrek and Felix; Shamanslayer.

What was the mega herdstone?

I big herdstone that could AoE transform huge numbers of people into Beastmen. Gauled out and I think carried by a bunch of Minotaur.

>female beastmen have never existed.
but that's wrong.
They are specifically mentioned to be 'more docile' whatever that means.

And able to nurse a mother that just gave birth in the woods back to health.

Almost done with my first three grail knights

Anyone have any colors scheme/heraldry ideas for more knights? I have around 50 more to paint

Taking this as canon for beastwomen is almost as bad as taking the helmet off of a dark souls NPC and taking it as canon for what they're supposed to actually look like. Do you think that CA actually cared enough about this niche detail to make a proper one? I haven't played the beastmen in TWW but I'll bet that's just using a generic ungor or whatver model.

Those look really nice, I wish I was lucky enough to have a few Grail Knights and Questing Knights, if nothing else for adding some detail to my Knights of the Realm.

As for heraldry, check the Bretonnian 5e book - there's some ideas about color combinations and most importantly blazons (i.e. heraldry), and 6e has a few examples too by duchy. If nothing else, look to real history - there are plenty of historical examples on a google search, and learning the basic rules of heraldic symbols can help you combine a few of your own. And remember the fantastical side of things too - you might have a single color for a knight, but you could greenstuff some illuminated manuscript pages on him, or a cloak of trailing vines, or something like that. And I would also recommend looking at historical examples of painted armor, especially helmets - those can make a standard bearer or special unit stand out.

Finubar, all the way. Probably the only one since Aenarion who could salvage the situation that the High Elves have found themselves in. Also because he's a rare example (in Warhammer) of how you can be a hero without needing to be a badass.

Deft painting, but I can't say I think much of the orange/blue combo on the trumpeter. Looks a bit flat, and I don't think they compliment each other too well.

And this is more a personal idea, but I think the complexity of your colors and heraldies should vary by level of knight:

Knights Errant should probably just have one or two colors with very basic heraldries, perhaps a halved or quartered colorscheme or a chevron or symbol symbol, the idea being that they haven't really earned a heraldry yet, instead using the symbol of their family or their lord. You might include some poorer colors or make their armor look shabbier.

Knights of the Realm should have more complex heraldies and perhaps different or more combinations of colors - notice the knight in the foreground of pic related, with two towers, a chevron, and an eagle's head. They should have the experience and status to have multiple symbols, the heraldry at least theoretically representing a unique identity or a combination of family and personal symbols.

Questing Knights and Grail Knights should both have the most 'holy' symbols (grails, crosses, fleur-de-lises, lions, ladies) and the most 'royal' colorschemes (purple, red, gold, deep blue), almost to the exclusion of colors associated with dukedoms. With the Questing Knights you can also emphasize that they've travelled abroad with bits from other factions and dwarf or elf symbols painted in shields or weapons, and with Grail Knights you can make them seem richer and a bit more magical - golden helmets, vines wrapped around a magic shield, a glowing axe, stuff like that.

>The rpg will never be updated with Lizardmen, Elves, and Dwarfen splatbooks because they didn't think of the Unnatural Characteristic idea at the time
It hurts.

whats that ?

>the Unnatural Characteristic idea

The what?

It's a DH and later thing.

Multiplies a characteristic by 2/3 etc for the purpose of I think just bonuses like toughness and strength and grants a smaller increase to checks.

Anyone else feel like a storm is coming?

BY SIGMAR'S WILL THE STORMCAST ETERNALS ARE HERE MORTALS

FLEE ALL WHO ARE EVIL FOR WE SHALL SAVE THE DAY AND PROTECT THE NEW OBJECTIVELY BETTER WORLD AND SETTING

TOR'S BOLT!

WE MUST GO NOW MORTALS

REMEMBER TO HAVE HOPE IN THIS 'AGE OF SIGMAR' AND TO REALISE FIGHTING IN RANKS IS A USELESS TACTIC

That's the first time I've seen an actual human in AoS art. No chaos fucks or sigmarines.
Interesting.

BACK TO THE SKIES BROTHERS

He doesn't look like he's come off best, does he?

>LIghtningGeneric
Yeah that about sums it up.

(you)
(you)
(you)
(you)
(you)

is there a name for the floppy hats that empire men wear?

Leathery head-omlettes.

Unnatural characteristics are a bit of a nasty hack. At least the way they were used in the 40k rpgs.

If a monster needs a toughness bonus of 8, it should probably have 80 toughness.
That approach contracts the scaling though, so big things like greater daemons could do with unnatural characteristics to push the limits slightly.

>Unnatural characteristics are a bit of a nasty hack. At least the way they were used in the 40k rpgs.
Only early on.
When it became additional, rather than multiplicative bonuses, they became far more reasonable.

Barett, kinda.
But they didn't wear a uniform, so basically everybody could wear any hat they liked.

Which ones are which?

Lies.

Beastmen are ripoff Broo.

Broo have females.

You may as well claim Halflings of the Moot don’t smoke.

That image reminds me, does any company make female Plaguebearer proxies?

you could sculpt a shriveled teat onto your models if you want to.

When the fuck did that happen?

Nope.

>Beastmen are ripoff Broo.

You keep saying this in almost every thread, but where's your proof?

Better question, who cares if it's true or not?

Is WFB discredited if it is, considering how much else of the setting is a ripoff, or is it that WFB doesn't really lose face because no one really cares about the Broo anymore?

Isn't the main characteristic of the Broo that they could rape a fucking tree or rock to make more Broo?

That doesn't really match with Beastmen.

Cavalier hat.

Black Crusade did it, I know that much.

Not that guy, but they literally are Broo, in the same way as early Elves were repurposed Melnibonean miniatures.

Glad you asked.

If you go back through the Citadel catalogs, and you find GW used to make minis for the Runequest series. The year after they lost the rights, the same models they were making as Broo were sold as Beastmen, and Beastmen lore/appearance is almost completely identical to Broo even after close to thirty years.

They are GW’s most shameless ripoff, which is funny because Beastmen are somewhat related to Skaven which is one of GW’s most unique creations.

The original models are yeah, but I thought the key point of Broo was their weird breed-with-inanimate-junk power.

Aren't skaven just a peculiar variety of beastmen?

The main characteristic of Broo is they are the unloved animal hybrid children of Chaos, filthy and savage and trying to bring down civilization. Same as Beastmen.

The rape matters as much as cannibalism, its just a bad end. People just fixate on it. Its mostly a way to handwave their numbers, like Orcs being fungus apes.

That’s just how they explained a horde of Broo that outnumbers the local humans for adventurers to kill. Its not important.

Or is not and.

Don't think so, however a kitbash of daemonettes and plaguebearers would probably work. Just greenstuff the extra teats into boils or a fat stomach.

Don't worry user, Cubicle 7 has stated that they're going to be focusing on sourcebooks on places they haven't covered before they just start reprinting books wholesale. We'll get Lizardmen and Elves soon enough, don't you worry :)

Is a chariot a good mount option for a Chaos lord?