So has anyone read it already? Is it any good?

So has anyone read it already? Is it any good?

We all know the series have been a mess but i always end up reading them.

Other urls found in this thread:

menshealth.com/style/why-beard-different-color-hair
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

It's okay. Sangunius contines to mope around and the predestination question is asked again and again. Guilliman is similarly stuck through most of the novel on whether to fight Chaos with their own weapons. The Lion doesn't have anything to do besides to defeat himself while talking to his daemon taxi driver, also he learns to like blowing up planets or something. Those are the only major characters.

Those faces are ugly af. They should really use GW illustrators...

That redneck mullet neckbeard Lion is trully amazing.

also, why does Lion have a chainsword, and not his personal sword?

Guilliman broke his sword.

I really really hate it. This image is the Lion. I cant see him in any other way.

Fuck that, Lion El Jonson is supposed to look like Ivan Drago.

Man Sangunius looks so fucking old.

Well the Lion was always the white trash of the Primarchs so it fits

Stupid GW flunky gave the artist the wrong Dolph Lundgren movie!

He looks the most like the Emperor, just like best boy should

>mopey, indesisive faggot
>best boy

I've just started reading these. I'm on False Gods.

What are the good ones?

Which ones should I skip?

Skip all the Dark Angels ones, Furious Abyss, and Nemisis.

Read any Ultramarine ones, all the novellas and collections, Prospero Burns, Betrayer, and First Heretic. Scars and A Thousamd Sons are overrated by Veeky Forums for some reason but still worth a read and Leigon is good but is hated on here for introducing Perpetuals.

Lorgar looks the most like the Emperor.

This is how best primarch should look.

>This is how best primarch should look

My own personal opinion is that the best books are:

-First three because >Horus
-Fulgrim is alright
-Legion is top. The ending is "weird" but the overall look into the Alpha legion is really cool.
-Mechanichum just for the Titans fluff and action, they also brought knights into the main screen which led to the saturation of horrid minis of them.
-ADB books about Word Bearers and World Eaters are good overall. Kharn a best.
-Both books about Wolves vs Wizards are ok, the wolves focused is kinda weird but i think you should read both since its the same story.
-White Scars books are my favs. The first short story which starts with the kid being recruited is one of the only short stories i really liked. The rest of their books are great.

Books i didn't really like although arent bad:

-Blood Angels book about the trap set by Horus to turn Sangui.
-The whole Imperium Secundus series, which felt derivative and not really related to the run for Terra.
The Raven guard / Iron Fists / Iron Warriors books and stories. Not my fav legions so i didnt really care for their stories.
-The 4th book which presents Garro was boring for me.

Do not read / waste your time:

-Any book focused on the Dark Angels. They are utter shite.
-The ones not about Astartes aka that one about assasins and the other about prisioners on terra.
-The Abyss whatever. Book about a Word Bearers OP ship and stuff.

Honorable mentions:
I liked Master of Mankind because Custards are cool and the setting is something that wasnt really presented before this book.

Guilliman sure looks disappointed.

>This is how best primarch should look

think of the bumbling children he has been forced to work with for centuries

Audiobook leak when?

Legion is nice just for the Imperial Army bits. Fuggin Strabo.

The Lions special primarch power is autism.

Rowbooty, Sang, Dorn, and Khan would have been a great setup.

>Lion's special Primarch power is loyalty.

Fixed.

>-Any book focused on the Dark Angels. They are utter shite.
I diagree. Angels of Caliban was nice. Too bad you need to read a lot of filler books to get there.

There's a line in the book about how Lion has become depressed and let himself go facially

>Lion
>Loyal

So he's depressed but he still dyes his hair blonde? Or does he dye his beard black?

Maximum Result for Minimum Effort Reading Order:
>Last Church
>The Wolf of Ash and Fire
>Horus Rising
>False Gods
>Galaxy in Flames
>Flight of the Eisenstein
>Fulgrim
>First Heretic/Aurelian
>Legion
>Promethean Sun
>Brotherhood of the Storm
>A Thousand Sons/Prospero Burns
>Fallen Angels
>The Lion
>Mechanicum
>Crimson Fist
>Deliverance Lost
>Garro: Oath of Moment
>Garro: Legion of One
>Know No Fear
>Fear to Tread
>The Reflection Crack'd
>Angel Exterminatus
>Butcher's Nails
>Betrayer
>Butcher's Nails
>The Purge
>Prince of Crows
>Vulkan Lives
>Unremembered Empire
>Nemesis
>Deathfire
>Pharos
>Wolf King
>Scars
>Vengeful Spirit
>The Path of Heaven
>Garro: Vow of Faith
>Angels of Caliban
>Praetorian of Dorn
>Master of Mankind
>Ruinstorm

That's not Russ

>Lion
>Loyal

Maybe compared to Lorgar

Hair color isn't always consistent on parts of the body, blonde hair + black beards do exist naturally.

menshealth.com/style/why-beard-different-color-hair

Curze asked Lion if he was loyal and Lion said yes. What more do you want?

Do something, anything useful and not have his homeworld and legion go traitor.

He also had a habit of murdering his own men and Imperial citizens. Something the traitors did.

Well yeah. He's not even in the top five for best primarchs.

i know beards can have different colors than hair but ive never seen a blonde person with a black beard.

Gulliman is certainly in the top 5 with Russ you dummy

Much like his loyalty, Lion El'Jonson can change his hair color at will.

>Horus
>Alpharius
>Lorgar
>Lion
>Omegon

This is canon.

I really hope forge world makes Sanguinius' hair like it is in that pic.
Then I can paint him as an ugly german goth girl with black wings.

Obvious b8. All those primarchs are ass.

So what you're saying is that the Lion is exactly like the Emperor.

DO NOT READ BATTLE FOR THE ABYSS

Anyone got a pdf for any of the beast series?

They all read like fan fiction except for Dan Abnett's and even some of his are crap (like Unremembered Empire).

Unremembered Empire wasn't that bad.

What´s wrong with the dark angels books=

They mark the point where HH stopped being a coherent, chronological story and became a scatterbrained mess.

The authors/ stories are always bad. Shame because I fucking love Dark Angels too but GW/black library seem to fucking hate them.

I personally dont like them because traitor centric books are always boring.

That shit with Kurze and Vulkan was like something out of a cheap comic book (Abnett is a comics guy). 40K used to be - and deserves - better.

If you like a legion, go ahead and read its books. Otherwise, I liked:
- Opening Trilogy
- Fulgrim
- Angel Exterminatus
- First Heretic -> Know No Fear -> Betrayer
- A Thousand Sons -> Prospero Burns
- Brotherhood of the Storm -> Scars -> Path of Heaven
- Tallarn
- Legion - > Serpent Beneath (before Scars) -> Seventh Serpent
- Crimson Fist -> Praetorian of Dorn (after the Alpha Legion books)
- Master of Mankind

A lot of short stories and novellas are better than the average novel.

Oh, and Vengeful Spirit is probably worth a read too because it's important. One of the arcs in it is pretty tedious though.

How have none of you faggots not mentioned The Iron Within as one of the best HH stories? I am ashamed of you all.

Abnett is mainly a comics guy now, but he's always wrote books.

Vengeful Spirit is cool. The parts between Malcador/BigE and Russ/Loken and the whole strike team arc is good.

The knight shit is what I assume what you mean is shit.

The last church was probably the best short story overall in the series.

AKA Grahamn Mcneil reads Richard Dawkins. Don't make me laugh. The most embarrassingly pretentious book ever published by GW.

Agree to disagree. personally I enjoyed the story a mortal telling the emperor fuck off, you're wrong and your grand vision is going to backfire. I also liked how it showed a vision of the emperor as a conquoring tyrant rather than a shining beacon of hope.

>Not understanding that the Emperor's militant POV is meant to be shown as the truly dangerous ideology

McNeil 2 deep 4 u

>Master of Mankind

honestly I don't get the hate this got. I know shitting on ADB is a meme, but this was fine (as are his other books).

My only complaint is pretty much any Titan/Knight chapters which got a little better towards the end. I'm just not a fan of big hueg robots.

The Emperor chapters were cool and the procession through the Imperial Dungeon was very ooky spooky.

A superhuman with prescience who's been walking around for 38K years portrayed like that... shows the depth of that hack's intellect.

The The Furious Abyss and Damnation of Pythos were terrible.
Agree about the Dark angel stuff being bad also.

No, I didn't like Loken.

The great multiculturalizer of 40k as he moves to some remote part of Ireland to live with his White family. He's the scum of the earth. Fuck him.

This is what happens when you have multiple authors writing the same characters.

and of varying skill and intellect.

do people really get this asspained by a comparative handful of non-white characters lmao

Yes. White cuckold, traitorous, 'sjws' (in the parlance of our times) can't even leave us alone in our own imaginary worlds. I'll live to see them one day on spikes.

Where do you think you are? Just a few clicks over you have a board dedicated to thinking about black dicks and how the jews manage to outsmart the "WE WUZ PHILOSOPHA WARRIOR KANGZ" white race.
And a bunch of manchilds might not be able to grasp the idea that, in an Imperium of a million planets, there might be people who - dare I say it - might not look like them.

That is the most retarded book title I have ever seen.

People get pissy on Master of Mankind because of general angst about ADB and the claim that it made the Emperor into a dick.

because Master of Mankind was so multicultural, with its white custodes and white blood angels character and white tech-priest characters

Did you hit your head hard against something before writting this?

There are many problems with ADB but this aint it. You have a bizarre worldview if this is your biggest issue with the books.

nice try, brother.

>Horus
>Sang
>Robot
>Alpharius
-
-
-
-
-
(Huge gap)
-
>Lion or Fulgrim

Fulgrim has always been ahead of the others.

The point of the Emperor is that despite all his power, knowledge and noble ambitions he is still just one fallible human being. The only place he is a perfect God is in Imperium propaganda.

The shit part is the dragon ball hyperbaric chamber warded by the perpetual dudes. That whole theme felt stright out another universe.

Knights were also shit, like always.

I liked when Morty released that guy who hadnt shower in ages in the jungle leading to all the dinosaurs and shit to run away from him.

10/10 master estrategos.

One Ferrus ahead.

>The shit part is the dragon ball hyperbaric chamber warded by the perpetual dudes.

Fuck off, the Warp fucking with time is a long established with characters in "Realm of Chaos" days traveling through the Warp for eternities and emerging into reality finding out that only seconds have passed. Warp travel mishaps features events like this. So in summation suck a dick, you weeabo fagt.

oh boi did you just call me a weeab? you better watch your back or else ill slap you so hard even google wont find you

kek'ed

>They all have the faces of the various live action Hulks

> disrespects Scars, Thousand Sons
> jerks off AD "Every Marine a waifu, every character a snowflake" B
SHIT taste confirmed. I'm sorry Wraight and McNeil can write great stories with engaging flawed characters, as well as women whose defining traits are more than 'waifu bait'.

Seriously this.
#fuckwhitepeople
White purge when

>Scars & 1ksons
>Overrated

Are you going to explain why or are you just here to talk shit?

Lemme see all those Scars dudes.

V Legion Best Legion

You are as poisonous as the /pol/lacks.

...am I the only man alive that really enjoyed Outcast Dead?

Loved the terra/astropath fluff, and the emperor seemed decent enough to Kai at the end.

Didnt care about the mangled magnus fluff desu

Both scabs and transexual sons were boring as shit

Outcast Dead wasn't bad. Nice to see some POVs from Terra.

I liked it. On its own it was super awesome. It just didn't fit canon, which as a pedant I find inexcusable.

watchers of the throne is best Terra POV book