Kingdom Death: Monster (KDM/KD:M)

>Y’know the game is available for preorder right now, right?
kingdom-death-monster-15.backerkit.com/hosted_preorders

Died to Cracks in the Ground: We need a Gorm tier alternative to White Lion that isn't as shitty as Spidicules. I have no idea why Spidicules has White Lion variant weapons yet they're shittier despite their Antelope tier introduction.

Some remaining conversations

EU Backer check your backer kit
it should be partially shipped.

What does it mean???????

Should I expect my shipping number this week?

How about Honeycomb Weaver?

it means they saw off the box and shipped you the first half.

Do you mean a better Antelope replacement? Yeah, the first set of xpacs was kind of loaded with what would probably be considered "node 3" and higher monsters now, Phoenix or later, with one good lion replacement (gorm) and one not-so-good antelope replacement (Spider). It's sad, really, because the Spidicules is a really fun fight, it just doesn't pay off. I think both the Oblivion Mosquito and Nightmare Ram fill that slot, though, so we have hope.

I need two more pay checks before I can afford this. How long is the pre-order going on for? I'm dying, man.

I m gessing until black friday.

If that's true I'll be so fucking happy. I get paid biweekly.

I meant what I meant as in it's an antelope replacement but its weapons resemble a worse version of White Lion. Other than a few amazing items (rings) its outfit and weapons suck ass.

Gorm-Frogdog-honeycomb weaver are all tier 1 monsters with a reason to come back to fight a lvl 3 version with their ancient variants.

First hero also technically counts I guess for mixing up early game.

Spidicules- nightmare ram- mosquito-flower knight and probably some of the abyssal woods monsters I imagine are all the midgame replacements

For comparison's sake. Included Weaver and Zanbato because both of them include their respective monster.

Amber Poleaxe is technically better but much more of a hassle to build. Its stats are equal but it doubles as an axe weapon.
King's Spear is better due to its early game use. If you're going axes; Counter-weighted Axe is better from Weapon Crafter and Gorm's Axes are both better.

Hooded Scrap Katar is objectively worse than +1 luck. You don't want to hit a monster that much unless you know how many hit locations aren't traps ala Necromancer's Eye or Twilight Knight Alison's blue lantern promo. Lion Beast Katar is better.

The Weaver is pretty shitty for a rare item. Zanbato shits all over it.

Amber Edge deserves love because it's a unique weapon that can be a good sidearm for people leveling shit prof. Scimitar currently has no weapon prof card.

Forgot to place Amber Edge near Zanbato. But ya both of them serve different roles despite being clones.

But as you can see, Spidicules seriously is a White Lion ripoff.

Amber Edge is a positively fascinating weapon. If you get it on a survivor with good stats it can positively maul a monster but you'll want both accuracy and strength to really take advantage of it. Honestly makes me want to consider Spidicules in a People of the Stars campaign.

It would also be fairly interesting versus Butcher. Once you've got a couple stacks of frenzy you could apply your own Hack City.

Not for me. Should I start panicking?

WHERE IS MY TRACKING NUMBER POOTS

Check your junk mail.

No mail whatsoever from backerkit. My game is shipped with Whiplash, does it matter?

>Game arrives in Snohomish Sunday.
>Says its in Seattle yesterday morning.
>No updates since then, still listed as In Transit.
WTF? Are they gonna pull more "Sit in the distro center for a week" shit?

I had an... interesting lvl1 Butcher fight. One I was expecting to lose so I sent newbies in.
As it happened, one of the newbies got hit by both the Immortal disorder and the priority-tokened-until-death mood very early on. The butcher also went in his screaming mood early, so frenzies stacked up very fast and, well. This nobody in nothing but his shitty starting loincloth tanked like a crazy champ for most of the fight, and only died to 5 consecutive bleeding tokens, allowing his party members to get out mostly unscathed.
The frenzy stacks with Immortal were insane.
Rest in Peace, Ezekiel.

I should also mention that the Butcher went back into his screaming mood at the end, and that his last card was his roar. So it ended with him staying put, screaming continuously at the top of his lungs, with the last 3 survivors slowly crawling towards him, getting knocked down almost every turn and getting madder and madder.

>Only worthy opponent dies
>Autistic screeching until mercy killed

>Rest in Peace, Ezekiel.
Is your settlement Amish?

No, but I give them biblical names. Seems fitting, I don't know why.

So if I haven't backed or bought the game, can I still do it now? And when will I receive it if I do?

they only printed the invoice Victor.

Did you even read the OP?

There is no limit to stupidity.

I went in for base and all old expansions because 900 was more affordable than 1500. When can I order all the new ones, since my dish has long since replenished

Keep an eye on the store around black friday.
I suspect Adam may be putting up expansion and game bundles then.
Otherwise you'll have to wait until the backers get their Wave 4, they should go on sale after that.

>When can I order all the new ones
I guess when Wave 4 is close to release.
So, not in a long time.

Fuck I completely missed it.
Time to practice my painting skill waiting for the game then.

do you name and gender your newborns when they get born so that you can end up with some crazy breeding later on without setting it up?

>A shipment from order #59977 is on the way
YUUUUUUSSS
>1x Detective Twilight Knight - HQ Warehouse (USA)
FUUUCK
i mean yuus but still fuuck but police girl.
still happy that the site bugged out to allow me to buy this one.

also still dont know if i want to buy 200-300 magnets to go full autist. it sound pretty awesome to be able to weapon swap your shit and make everything wysiwyg though

I used to name newborns with a name that mixed both their parents'. Erza and Zachary might birth Erzary for example.
It got weird pretty fast.

We only give them genders.
Too much of a hassle to come up with a name every single time.
Maybe if I do a solo run I will do a really detailed settlement.

are you required to gender them?

>still happy that the site bugged out to allow me to buy this one.
Me too, user. I used the same thing to get her since I missed her the first time around.

Technically I guess you don´t even need to do that until you fill out the Survivor Sheet.

You need to know a survivor's gender for a lot of things, the most critical being further reproduction. It would be quite the advantage to have newborns be "Blank" until needed as wombs/sperm donors.

Typically we gender all newborns and name them some time between immediately and the first time they depart.

wasnt first time around at gencon?

And I. Detective is on her way to me, I'm really glad it seems like the orders based on said bug are being honored.

Thanks anons, I'm bummed I wasn't able to pick up the pariah expansion. Those upside down minis, and the encounter itself, is such a fucking cool idea for a heroic showdown

>but police girl.
with big titties?

and according to her art the biggest fucking tumor thighs in all of kindom deathness.
artist toned it waaaay down in the mini though.

>with big titties?
Where do you think you are?

how can you build/craft those gear?

Some may have recipies, but most of the promo items are just for fun (and as such, not exactly balanced), you can include them as you see fit, they don't have a cost.

Off topic but when i read "police girl" , Alucards voice was in my head

SURVIVORS GET THE FUCK OFF MY BOARD REEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE

I imagine Butcher's scream is mixture of reving lunatic and riled-up rowdie.

But I'll be damned if frogdog doesn't have some sort of "croak" attack.

its so fucking heavy they need a speiclist to carry it

>delivery by Amazon
>takes two days too long
>finally a flock of drones appears at the horizon
>dozens carries the box in special harness
>two are blasting Flight of the Valkyries to herald the arrival
Imagine!

I decided to put together the Watcher yesterday and almost broke some of the lantern chains. Are they just super fragile; or am I autistic at building models?

Both.

They're relatively thin plastic, they're quite fragile as a result.
But if you're careful you should be fine, they'll bend a fair bit before breaking.

Be glad you don't have the resin version, they would have been even smaller and even more fragile.

So if I preorder now, when should I expect to get the game? It says it ships in December, but I'm skeptical.

Postal services generally collapse in December, so January might be more realistic estimate.
Poots time doesn't really translate to real time on one to one basis.

Well thank christ it wasn't only my autism. I'll be extra careful putting the rest of the chains on today. Any other models I should be particularly careful while putting together?

Phoenix (lots and lots of tiny hands, they go everywhere)
The Halberd shaft on the Kingsman shouldn't be too bad, but it's not exactly thick either.

And to a lesser extent the Butcher, fucking jaws and spike feet.

The halberd shaft wasn't too particularly bad. I would argue the plume for his helmet was far more finicky and bullshit.
The butcher's jaws were a bitch and a half. Almost lost part of his feet in the carpeting of my apartment when I dropped it on accident.

Pretty glad that I haven't started the Phoenix yet since I need to pin the wings for easy storage. thanks again to the user in the last thread who suggested that

Speaking of storage, anyone else is going to display your minis? Like in a detolf or shelf.

>or am I autistic at building models?
No, thats ham hands. if you were autistic at building models the issue would have arisen much earlier in your experience and been accounted for. You may have meant retarded.

got my email for the detective also, but nothing on my 1.5 core game. I saw in the email it takes "3" days to prep for shipping, and i ordered her on thursday, so im hoping to get an email about the core game tomorrow since i was charged friday.

The fact that there’s no scimitar specialization really boggles me when they added a scythe specialization, which applies to exactly one weapon deep in the dragon king’s tree.

I've got mine in a display case most of the time

Going to be buying a small shelf for my desk for displaying the smaller minis. Also nice place to store them while I work on painting them.

Pics?

It's nothing special, it's a glass case from Ikea with a bunch of unpainted minis in it. All I've painted so far are the survivors, lion, antelope, butcher, king's man, and Hand.

Damn that is fast. Did you filled the gaps, primed and painted all of that in a week? I barely managed to glue together the prologue and still struggling painting the Knight (pinup variant), fucking skin tones and stockings man, I'm going to cry.

No, I got the first Kickstarter

Speaking of rarely used keywords, did they ever add anything that takes advantage of finesse?

Yea, you get a shipping notification when you buy something from the store. WHEN they ship it is a different question - the Twilight Knight reached me in like 3 days, Spidicules took like two weeks.

Reposting this from the last thread.

A third row of cards is a magical thing.

My card got charged on the 20th and i still haven't gotten a shipping number yet. Tragedy!

Does anyone have the monster crests available for easy viewing and willing to dump them? Beautiful pieces of art.

thanks for the reply, i got my shipping notification for my stuff from the store today, still waiting on a shipping confirmation for my core game though...

What is your setup?

I had a sheet of cardboard on top of two college ruled notebooks on a folding card table with a night lamp

I'm in the same boat.

first game

>make it back from year 2 hunt, feeling good. No deaths, got some iron from a lucky roll
>plague

am I just fucked?

What is this art? Is it connected to white speakers?

People of the sun, related to Sunstalker.

No, not really.

if that's all it takes to scare you, you're gonna be horrified playing this game

Nice Super Dungeon guys. Did you back their Kickstarter as well?

Oh, I reread the card and realized the event only recurs if you roll a 1 or a 2. That makes more sense, I was thinking it happened every year that someone died to it.

Nope. Traded some guy my Warmachine stuff to a lot of SDE stuff (forgotten king, booty box, magma something and some add-ons).
Looking forward to selling all of my WM for more KD:M crack

>Literally every lardfatburger who gets their game is making an autistic unboxing video.
We get it, you guys are pumped.

Please contain your autism.
This has been a public service announcement.

Thanks.

But I like looking at those for some reason. (some of them)

It's literally some out of shape american with a beard and/or glasses.
Every time.

I don't see the appeal.

I'm in the US (PA) and I haven't gotten my shipping info, my payment processed friday, am I fucked?

Really hope that asian scanner in the FB group actually goes and scans the rulebook. I'm aching to give 1.5 a go already.

>Expecting an in-shape American.

Curiously enough the only place to find those on Youtube are in speed eating videos

There are a few of us out there. My guess is Wednesday or Thursday shipping. I would be more worried if I haven't been charged yet at all.

If your payment was processed it'll be coming with one of the waves, just have to be patient.

Anyone have a full art of her?

Not sure if it means anything but when I got my shipping notice for my police girl mini (I'm in the US) I noticed something at the bottom of the receipt.

It said something like "*note if you are reciving a core game it will be shipped DHL from Germany. Go to dhl.de for tracking" so to me it seems like EU might be getting the core game shipped from there.

It's weird that there's an entire country of fatluses and they're all making KD unboxing videos.

>US is country of excess
>gluttons unboxing expensive items is somehow surprising