Warhammer 40.000 General /40kg/

Funny posting, edition.
>>
>>>Commissars nerfed to actually debuff infantry
>>warhammer-community.com/2017/10/22/new-faqs-and-errata-for-the-astra-militarum-and-beyond-oct-22gw-homepage-post-1/
>>
>>>Daily Duncan Playlist
>>youtube.com/watch?v=Sq9ZBzKQAsM [Open]
>>
>>>Eldar entire codex revealed by Striking Scorpion 1488
>>youtube.com/watch?v=4ne8vBVT8N0 [Open]
>>
>>>GW FAQ (1.1):
>>games-workshop.com/en-GB/Rules-Errata#40k-errata
>>
>>>FW FAQ (1.1):
>>warhammer-community.com/2017/07/15/new-and-updated-forge-world-faqs-july16gw-homepage-post-2/
>>
>>>Rules and such. Use Readium on pc/iphone, lithium/kobo on android:
>>>Everything 8th edition in properly converted pdf & epub, fully bookmarked and linked with in-line errata annotations
>>mega.nz/#F!bF0ExS4D!_XaMECn0K9HiJKUFSopJLA
>>
>>>Other Megas
>>mega.nz/#F!64wmnBZR!rWcm37EkOOeToeueqhPjpA
>>mega.nz/#F!BxI1HSgI!0tKymKh9RZTzGpgIA5EyCg
>>mega.nz/#F!9NchGZyZ!-V1LhJALxDp9Tw97WzEQGA
>>mega.nz/#F!pFgm0RKR!J06C1gVYcjzNGsF8YNLsjQ
>>>Old Black Library Mega
>>mega.nz/#F!wx4BiKhD!YhnAf1BqSmAB8dO6xDM56Q
>>
>>>WIP Math-hammer doc (Thanks Chart-user!)
>>docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1h0hk_IdJ7fivDEjMiIpKM5yMMB8HTm64lZHuKdLZCIU/edit?usp=sharing

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=aF5nhMIyeqI
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

Cruddace should write the next Nid codex

First for plastic furies

is there much point to these now the vypers can avoid the -1 to hit with their guns? Has anyone here used them at all?

Fucking when? I'm tired of recast and making my own

Squat my army already or update it! This is just insulting

Repressor needs a nerf and it needs it now. It's way to cheap

Welp.
Funny thing, while I was ordering it said that Gabriel Seth and Lucius had an order limit of ten each. Guess they're out of castings?

Sixth for plastic furries.

for only 5 points less than two new vypes, I don't see many people using them
The good weapon they were used to spam in the previous edition (the pulse laser) is now terribly on hornets, so I don't see them ever being used over vypers

I knew the minute I posted it that this would happen.

Somebody mentioned good suppliers for female heads. Any good links, because the Statuesque stuff people use around here looks like crap.

That fact that you need to make them yourself, buy a recast or already own them from years ago. Is a nerf already

I tried to pre order that. Demand was too high.

>heavy 3 S6 AP-2 D2
doesn't seem so bad

Eh. I'm just thinking about using Goliath Rockgrinders.

>He doesn't check amiami every day!
If you want a bunny girl figure, the Made in Abyss girl's statue just went up for preorder this morning.

Anyone else think Death Guard are a bit of a weird army?

DG feel like an army of square peg units with really strong round holes for bonuses.

Some examples: The trait itself doesn't benefit many things. How many heavy weapons do infantry models have? 1 on the terminators. That's it. Very few assault weapons. Rapid fire its good for Plasma and Bolters, nothing too special.

Them we jave the cloud of Flies stratagem. Great for hiding infantry. But what can you hide? DG units are best as MSU due do special weapons capping out at 2, regardless of size. Same stratagem and the trait would be amazing with havocs but there's no such option.

The stratagem to destroy a vehicle only really works best for the CSM tanks since most DG explosions are more likely on a 4+ and do 1 MW.

The psychic powers to boost str and melee wounding would be amazing on some hard core melee units but DG melee units are somewhat meh.

One odd example of the stratagems and trait working very well is cultists. Load em up with heavy stubbers which ignore heavy and 18" rapid fire auto guns and you do well. Have em die next to Poxwalkers and you convert them.

Are you actually planning to play Saim-Hann?

That's basically an Autocannon slightly better suited to killing infantry. Maybe it's the cost?

Is this a good model for a crimson slaughter daemon prince?
Do you think I could use it as is or should I make it more "40k"? I really like the model.

yeah

>Lucius
you guys think theres gonna be a slaanesh revival?
kinda sucks all the chaos champions have nice brand new model and lucius still looks like a melted jelly bean

they cant squat slaanesh right?
...right?

They are a Rhino with bitz on top.
Rockgrinder would be rather big. Unless you plan to play GSC with SoB.

You sick bastard

Hahahaha.

Just looking at the title, the image chosen and the length gives me lots of pleasure.

For context: This guy is a Mordian IG player who loves conscripts.

compared to the (then) heavy 2 s6 ap-2 d3 for the same price.
obviously erratas brought it down to dD3, and the new codex brings it down to 15 points (half the price of the pulse laser)

First 30 seconds.

'Greatest betrayal since Horus Heresy'.
'Bullshit' .
'I don't want to rant'.

>633 views
Who cares? Give us clickbait shit such as Arch Warhammer instead

30 points each, not so bad. It makes one hornet very expensive though, 145 points each.

>Rockgrinder would be rather big. Unless you plan to play GSC with SoB.
Now there is an idea that can only lead to good things.

Reposting since dead thread got little replies. Redone World Eater scheme based on feedback. Thoughts?

Are the made to order models Finecast or metal? I don't even play Eldar, but I've always loved the Farseer with Spear.

not sure that here's a good place to pimp out your channel

Looks good.

It should say on the product description.

I don't like it.

I've thought about doing this. See if you can give it some more meaty wings, or exchange the glaive thing for an axe, or file down the handle ghouls to make the half seem more regular. It's a good idea to seperate the model from AoS so maybe cut away the ghoul strands holding it up and have it be marching along normally

From what I've ordered during previous bouts they've mostly been metal, but the Space Wolves Iron Priest was resin.

>Tfw Tempestus Scion dont scale nicely to 2k points

SAD!

knights

Getting sick of unpacking 90 ork boys every time I go out to the FLGS. Someone give me a good Meganobz list.

Literally a rhino with some flat bits on top. Not that hard.

Will admech improve with chapter approved? We really got the shit end of the stick with our codex

>people still play dead and forgotten armies such as Scions and the Khorne army one

Looks solid man, will look nice on the tabletop!

How come?

Goliaths are pretty tiny. Their footprint is about the same as a Rhino. The point of using a Rockgrinder is to use something that can't normally be used with SoB so that it's a very obvious proxy. Plus it has the dozer and a flamer. I'd probably do some minor conversion to swap the pintle to a storm bolter and add Sister iconography.

So for someone who is relativity new to the hobby and about to get some metal models is their anything I should know and prepare for modeling and painting wise?

*muffled Ride of the Valkyries playing in the distance*

If i were to make a khorne daemon army would it work?

Looks like Nurgle and not Khorne at a glance is my only complaint.

Bonesinger rules.

Weird how it only knows smite.

If you have lots of tanks yes.

>hey Quaid, Imma squash you!

Really? Not Charge of the Light Brigade?

I don't like the pale, slightly green base color. I don't like the mono colored helmet.

it's not very world eatery, black, gold, red and brass are their colours

Drill and pin anything you glue. Ensure you varnish when done. They chip very easily if not.

methinks 'Spellcrow"

trying to do a run with black crusade and we are mostly a nurgle based party, wondering if there is any good music to be played that has a nurgle feel to it.

cool, exactly what I wanted

So its an eldar tech priest?
pretty cool really, good on a wraith army

It's not slightly green? It's supposed to be cream/bone white.

It has black, brass and red on it?

Exactly what I expected him to have
Not bad, I'm definitely going to add him to my wraith army

With kitbashing alone. It would hard to find something to replace the top windows.
Flamer, SB and Dozer blade are the easy part. The bunker part are the annoying one

Well I haven't seen one next to a Rhino. Since for some reason I have never seen them playing against armies with Rhino for some unlucky reason

You mean this ?
youtube.com/watch?v=aF5nhMIyeqI

>he dosent know his history
tsk tsk

wash off metal models before spraying or painting.

most of the time its not needed but still.

Too much money to squat'm. Slaanesh will get reborn into something else, and all the new Emperor's Children figures will reflect that change.

it's silver with Nods to Khorne which is fine if you want that but I don't think his dedicated servants just make nods to his preferences
It's a cool scheme if you want to play renegades and have non world eater berserkers but as world eaters red, black and gold should dominate

>Not William Tell Overture
Come on, user.

No such thing exists. You're gonna spam boyz and like it

>It's not slightly green? It's supposed to be cream/bone white.
Too brown to be cream or bone white.

points values? that's new

What? I was thinking Blood letters and Flesh hounds. I don't know what tanks have to do with them? Maybe Some skull cannons. Are Blood Crushers good?

Orks were the worker race, easy to breed in large nunbers, resilient to every work condition and environment, simple minded and easy to control. They became a feral war centric race when the Old Ones fell and they were not on a leash any longer

Man fuck that noise, give me my old fluff back. Created by grots high on super smart shrooms, whos knowledge is programmed right into their dna.

They couldn't really publish 2 different pages for a single model

how do i into iron warriors? gw doesn't seem to carry shit for them. whats the best way to build a 1000 point iw army?

>only Russes can take Tank orders

read

Yeah those are good ideas but I'm not where to get more fleshy wings other than my awful attempts are greenstuff and I dont have the dameon prince axe from the other one I made.

I plan to keep the ghosts but I was thinking about taking off the armour plates and replacing them with something, maybe daemon prince bits or maybe something left over from another kit... I'm not sure.
I'm not very good at anything but kitbashing.

So they can put point in a data sheet.

Their point separeted from unit only makes sense if they never sold digital versions that could be easily fixed.
Oh wait do not fix the digital versions either

a little expensive when you consider spirit seers are only 45 points

Eh, he's more angry that they went and FAQ'd so soon after the codex, because he thinks GW pulled a purposeful bait-and-switch, though he has no proof.

Buy Mk3 marines from the Battle for Prospero box or the separate mk3 box. Alternatively buy the IW upgrade kit and convert normal CSM. Honestly one of the strongest things IW can do is use their Warlord Trait to field a bunch of fearless cultists.

buy some bits for wings and weapons, look up the balrog wings

an errata of that magnitude on the commissars is more indicative of an editor doing a lazy copy and paste and forgetting to put in the real rule they meant to put in there.

Good. Limited Edition models/rules should not be competitive.

Quick snap, but how'd I do on the eye?

I found someone who did basically this already, I think it looks good, user.

Looks great, is that an officer?

burning of prospero is a pretty economical way of getting a bunch of dudes (by GW standards), obviously get it from a re-seller with discounts or buy the squads off ebay, mix them in with normal chaos kits

That looks really bad.

>wanting to give orders to AFVs in the first place

good to know. thank you, anons

I really wish we could order Hellhounds to strike and shroud, and the Cadian and Tallern orders would scale as well. But "Gunners Kill on Sight" and "Full Throttle" are sort of wasted on something that already autohits and moves so quickly to begin with.

Would be hilarious to play that one narrative mission and flooring the Hellhound clear into the 2nd Deployment zone on turn 1, though.

Lord Commissar converting from a Chaos cultist champion for my upcoming Catachans.

Would someone be interested by 8ed Mechanicum/Solar auxilia rules ?

>Would someone be interested by 8ed Mechanicum
yes

My recommendations:
1. Make one of their arms red. Really old background stated that World Eaters who swore themselves to Khorne painted one of their arms red.
2. Make the backpack red. This way, it looks like the marines replaced all their calm blue with a violent red.

I'd also make the white a little more pearl and less green imo

I think it looks cool, just needs a couple extra things for the "oomph"

That wouldn't surprise me. My theory was that the Book was already complete and submitted for printing before 8th came out, and so they didn't realize they'd have to change Commissars until it was too late.