ITT: We make a standard fantasy setting, one trope at a time

> Orcs are stone age cannibals from the jungles and badlands that periodically raid civilized lands

>dragons have an obsession with valuable things and kidnap princesses for no reason

>Elves also live in the jungles (and a few in the badlands), and they all live in trees and stuff.
>They don't like the orcs
The main conflict between them would be how they see nature. Elves want to be Lawful and turn the jungle into beautiful pristine garden-cities, while Orcs want to be Chaotic and keep nature primal and untouched. Similarly, Badlands Elves want to make the desert bloom, and Badlands Orcs want to leave things shitty as nature intended.

>Elves are the greatest but declining civilization

>Dwarves live in a select few mountain holds and pretty much basically just stay there and chill unless they're bothered,

>There is a Dark Lord, who dresses in all black and dreams of taking over the world

>Humans aren't really any better at anything than other races, but they are the most numerous

>Goblins live in underground warrens near orc teritories
>They also live in warrens near and inside of citties as a cheep source of xp

>The landscape is dotted with underground ruins of ancient civilizations. Villains and monsters build their lairs inside them.

There are innumerable different types of elves
Wood elves, high elves, dark elves, house elves, chef elves, ect.

>Once every hundred years the Dark Lord raises a massive army of monsters to conquer The Kingdom
>Once every hundred years a hero is born to stop the Dark Lord and his army

The angels (who are all weird-look and """unique""") are the ones who choose the hero.

>the heroic party has a Wizard, a Ranger, a Barbarian and a Paladin
>the Wizard has a long grey beard, the Ranger is an elf, the Barbarian looks like Conan and the Paladin looks like a classic knight

Massive oceans separate the continents, making it nigh impossible for a normal crew to survive the decade long trips, so the skeleton kingdom become the worlds merchants because they don't care about the perils of death

>All Heroes are reincarnations of the first Hero and are the only ones in the world able to wield the magic of the Eight Empyreal Gods at the same time.

Woah, woah, I think we're getting too crazy here.

House Elves are a somewhat short and submissive race of elves used as serfs and domestic servants by other elves.
Dark Elves have them too but they are outright slaves here.

>There are 3 foot tall mushroom men called Pufflings that don't really talk or do anything other than look for moisture and dead trees, and hug human children for no reason
>Every other race has folklore on what these guys are, ranging from being naughty children who went too far into the woods alone to little angels that help forests bloom.

>the hero doesn't want to commit to the whole prophecy/Adventure
>something bad happens or they lose someone that forces them into commiting

Fuck yeah

Dark Elves have a natural connection to the "Shadow", a network of gloomy pocket dimensions parallel to places in the real world.
Because of this they are great assassins hard to track but are only present in some places.

So what you're saying is, we're playing Exalted.

>Erotic Setting
>Everything else in this thread except with rape.

bored already

>Minotaurs worship fire and regard themselves equals to dragons

DM's favourite anime reference #12023 is inserted

The dark lord is a seven year old child

Is thread dead?

It is, but for anons like you who refuse to contribute.
>The main religious institution is heavily based on catholocism and is also very corrupt

>>The main religious institution is heavily based on catholocism and is also very corrupt

>The main alternatives are a reform movement based primarily in on Protestantism with hints of other Christian sects, and what would basically be described as throwing every Eastern Religion of note into a blender.

>PCs are all dogs belonging to an NPC Ranger
>5e D&D

>The elves are all short and very lithe

Whole setting is lavishly described only for the pcs to never satisfyingly interact with the world since they're fukken dogs and their plot hooks involve inane shit like finding a replacement for the ranger's bow that one of them chewed up.

>later a 5th player joins
>insists on playing a super sexy psionic female elf/angel/succubus/catgirl vampire
>constantly tries to mindfuck everyone, including other players

Wrong board

>Dwarves are the second greatest but declining civilization

It's not my fault you're breaking the rules right now.

Worldbuilding threads are Veeky Forums

No they aren't, it's just a bunch of fags going on about how everyone else's setting is a ripoff of [insert established setting here].

It's about as much Veeky Forums related as quests were.

>Veeky Forums should be only generals and That Guy threads!
What is exactly your motivation? Why would you want such a cancerous board?

>If you don't like off-topic threads, you only like generals and THAT GUY threads
And you questfags wonder why nobody on the board wants you here anymore.

>everything I don't like is a quest!

>Everything I like is Veeky Forums related, even when it's not!

Worldbuilding is obviously Veeky Forums related, many GMs make their own settings.

Worldbuilding always devolves into off-topic bullshit that has been playing fast and loose for too long. You want to talk about worldbuilding? Go to reddit where you belong with the rest of the failed writers.

>I don't like it so it's off-topic
Yeah because it's not like all threads can devolve into shitposting, do you even have any evidence that worldbuilding is especially prone to that?

Next you'll ask me to prove the sky is blue.

checkmate athiests

Was that really the most clever thing you could think of?

False equivalence.
I'm sorry but I just have the feeling it's just a flimsy excuse to forbide something you dislike and I just don't understand that mentality.
You first pretended that worldbuilding threads are somehow quests then you moved the goalposts just to say that they are always leading to off-topic shitposting.
That doesn't hold up for me, I am just not convinced.

Of course you aren't convinced. Admitting fault would mean that you were wrong, which autists like you are incapable of doing.

Are you being serious here?

Are you?

Yes, why?
I was just arguing because I disagree with you, I don't see how that's autistic.

>HFY-tier shitposting and it's not even a HFY thread
wew

>This is totally not Veeky Forums
>But it is
>Is not
>Is
>Is not

>Thread now completely deep over-head in shit when it was reasonably non-shit even if off topic
It doesn't matter if it was not Veeky Forums related; the fact that the non-argument keeps going makes it worse than off-topic shit.
Good job, degenerate.

>exact same image I post yesterday shows up again today
Neat!

>worldbuilding threads getting targeted by the board police

Well when they banned quests I thought people might say something, but moot wasn't around to hear it, and when they started banning the bullshit threads like Field Kit I figured some other mods might step in, but that was over a month ago.

If anyone wants to have a fun worldbuilding thread on /qst/ without any board cops shitting it up, they are allowed there now by virtue of the mods never deleting them.

It's a salty questfag bringing drama from /qa/ into this thread to prove that quests shouldn't have been banned from Veeky Forums. Somehow.

Anyways, just try to ignore him and I'm really sorry he decides to target your thread in an attempt to prove his point.

That doesn't match the MO of questfags at all, user. Wheras this is exactly the kind of thing antiquestfags do constantly. I don't really see how you would draw this conclusion.

See what I mean? He's doing it right now. Just carry on as if he wasn't here.

I gotta say, it DOES sound real far fetched. Especially given the history of antiquestfags and their love of shitposting.

user, nothing is going to step in against the board police. The only one who ever did is dead and crossified.

Nah, it sounds like the same shitheads who shitposted and ban-dodged for a decade about quest threads and then turned their attention to other badwrongfun threads the instant quests were banned.

Worldbuilding/GM general on /qst/ if anyone wants to join

And now he shills for a /qst/ thread since the board is notoriously dead. See what I mean? It was a false flag operation all along

And questfags are any better? They are constantly stirring up shit in threads with "I miss quests on Veeky Forums" or "Quests got banned for this shit," posts.

That's just Veeky Forums memespeak for "This is a shitty bait thread, OP"

Obsession with keeping discussion on-topic is what is destroying this board.

The motivation is clear, he wants everything that doesn't adhere to his tastes out.
For some reason, the mods keep listening to him.

>MUH BOARD-WIDE CONSPIRACY, MUH TINFOIL
Blow me you faggot.

>REEEE MY QUESTFAGS
And yet here's a Veeky Forums-related thread that you fucking ruined, kill yourself asshole.