Connected to HostlineMiami...

>Welcome back to /srg/, chummer
>Last Viewed Files:
>Westwind_vs_Krime_Wing_Head_On.trid
>Cutting_Shapes.sklsft
>Orgy.mgc
>Style_Above_All.thrd

Personal Alerts
* Your Current Rep Score: 678 (92% Positive)
* You have 1 new private message, titled 'Live fast, die young, leave a cybernetically preserved corpse'
* Your Chummer > Tools > Options books list has been unchecked github.com/chummer5a/chummer5a/releases
* Cloud File Storage: pastebin.com/SsWTY7qr
* Running Bass_In_Your_Bones.BTL...

>Let them watch your backside
>Shoot in arcs
>Don't bother to conserve ammo
>And never, ever pass up the opportunity to tweak the snout of a dragon

I need style, omaes. Give me your best. The best nightclubs, the best personal fashion, the best music played during shootouts on freeways, the best ways you've captured neon and chrome in a bottle.

Other urls found in this thread:

shadowrun.com/forums/discussion/comment/181431/#Comment_181431
twitter.com/AnonBabble

Always avoid the Azzies, Russians and anything outta Azamando. Other than that, your style will be perfect.

Azzies are nice working for, Chummer.
They have meh-tier reputation (pretty unjustified) and thus pay pretty good.

Whatever, avoid the other two, though.

Azzies and S&K are the two main megas that absolutely refuse to play nice with shadowrunners. They betray or dispose of those who aren't useful to keep around anymore, and they take it personally and try to kill you if you run against them. Most companies are happy to ignore you as soon as you get away - because they're into interested in going after some deniable pawns - but those two don't play by the normal rules of the shadows.

Never run for Aztechnology or S&K, and only run against them if you're ready for the shit sandwich you're about to bite into.

Ares, on the other hand, has always been the most happy/eager to work with shadowrunners - especially for internal power plays against other factions within Ares - and they both pay well and don't take things personally as long as shit gets done. I wouldn't touch them with a ten-foot cyber-pole anymore with the rumors about bugs surrounding them, but getting an Ares Johnson used to be the best way to get ahold of milspec weaponry and cybernetics 'off the back of a truck' as run rewards, instead of just small sums of cash.

You only get into shit with Azztech and S&K if you fail.
Maybe you shouldn't fail, Chummer :^)
And enjoy the mad dosh and access to about everything that can be usefull.

Speaking about "Do not run against":
MCT
Fucking zero-zones man

Except that the Azzies have a long history of turning on runners after they succeed and wiping them out, to make sure their black ops stay black. Both they and SK also love to misdirect and lie to runners, which gets people killed.

The biggest problem is you never know if you are running in the name of Aztec, or the Smoking Mirror. If the former? They have a reputation to maintain. The latter? You're a loose end.

Both of those things beat running for EVO.

They're paranoid, but they don't actively try to murder their runners, so you're wrong there.

Are technomancers really that broken (as in "don't actually work", not "overpowered")? Should I be discouraging my players from rolling one unless they're okay with possibly being weak?

They're weak to begin with, and weaker still if you don't know what you are doing.
Every day until you like it: shadowrun.com/forums/discussion/comment/181431/#Comment_181431

They get very good with Karma.
At chargen they're good but have to depends on a bit of annoying sprite gameplay.

Where on earth do I find someone to play shadowrun with? I'm out of ideas. LGS's have no one, my friends aren't interested at all, it's maddening.

try the game finder threads of you don't mind playing with Veeky Forums
maybe try roll20?
check some forums, usually they have PbP areas
and if you REALLY want to play and are willing to give up your self worth, try reddit

Yes, they are. Avoid them.

Thanks for the tips. I'm desperate, so I'll give most anything a shot. I have never been able to play this game before so I'll take anything...

>corporate sinner with Fame and Day Job
How do I mess with him?

Have him be headhunted by a team of NPC runners for another corp.

Thanks, anons. I'll warn them that they might encounter problems, and send them that link if they still wanna play one, so they're not too messed up compared to the others.

keep in mind that the two sub-reddits are "living campaigns" which means they are pure runs, no downtime. You meet the team, you plan the run, you do the run, you get karma and money, and then you fuck off till the next run.
I wouldn't advise a new player/gm to play in them

Thanks for the warning. I'll exhaust all my other jobs first.

>playing with stuck-up retards
user, roleplaying should be fun, not a constant exercise in self-control and patience.

Where are the stuck up retards?

Is 1200 karma unreasonable for building a high level NPC?

The intention here is that they've been running for 10+ years.

Every day I roleplay a person with constant self-control and patience, just so I can get along with stuck-up retards.

keep in mind that a priority/sum-to-ten character varies between 700 and 1300 Karma equivalent (depending on how well you build it
it seems okay

Reddit. Roll20 is just full of retards.

That's about same Karma of someone minmaxed in Sum-To-12. So yeah, 10 years of experience sounds about right.

Monika did nothing right

How can I make myself completely inpervious to being hacked when I'm not being watched over by a pocket decker? Or am I just going to have to keep everything offline?

She nominated [PLAYERCHAR] to be her successor. Best decision anyone could have made.

Just fry all your gear with an RFID eraser, except your commlink with your totally real SIN, of course.
You will loose all of your wi-fi boni tho, but most are shit anyway.

You'll also lose your non-WiFi bonuses.

So there is no way for example to rig your gear so that in case you get hacked, you only lose your bonuses and nothing else?

For example, having only the weather compensation/bullet drop function going down and not the whole sight, and definitely not the whole firearm (whose bright idea was that anyway?).

So his winter clothes won't help him with resisting cold ?

Karma build isn't great for high powered in general, but the biggest factor is the limits you place on the what the characters can take. Allowing skill above six, initiation at creation, raising the starting money cap and allowing the purchase of betaware are how you make it ahigh powered game.

Rolling with Veeky Forums is a terrible idea. Nobody is well adjusted, and those who are aren't looking for games here.

Devices, user.

>Nobody is well adjusted, and those who are aren't looking for games here.
But who the fuck wants to play with "well-adjusted" people? It's almost like you're describing 'I hate fun' lebbitors with sticks up their asses.

So his digital camera won't work ?

Well adjusted might be a stretch, but people who can handle consistency in participation and interpersonal communication without a meltdown help some.

Getting better! Think 'gear items'.

Handling interpersonal communication is the biggest stretch here. Between people who are literal clams with narcissism and power tripping fuckwads, and everything between, finding a DM and players here that aren't shitty is like squeezing blood from a stone.

I mean, I managed to do it, and my table posts here, but they're the best crew I've had.

seems arbitrary

They're really that broken. Some people have figured out extremely convoluted ways to make them barely functional, but they don't work even slightly as-presented.

Also, on a personal level, their fluff is 90% nonexistent (they've received almost no elaboration compared to other splats) and what exists is extremely underwhelming and too vague to really chew into.

>karmagen

A: nobody wants to hack you. It's a paranoia about something that doesn't actually happen.

B: run Diagnostics just in case. It'll tell you when someone gains marks or doors matrix damage against you. Shut your WiFi off when you see something change unexpectedly.

C: get yourself a Device Rating 6 commlink as early as possible and use it as the Master in your PAN. It'll make people even less likely to hack you (A) and give you way more of a window to notice that you're being hacked and shut everything down before they can do any hijinks (B).

Your biggest threat from a Security Spider is him noticing the icon of a Chameleon Suit wandering around the secure floor of the building you're infiltrating, not him bricking your Wired Reflexes.

Is the way Shadowrun forces people to take an interest in crunching numbers before roleplaying a weakness?

It's going to be most of what you're carrying that can be "fried" with a great eraser, if not all of it.

No. It filters out shitty people. You gotta be a special kinda person to take subpar choices and still kick ass.

>A: nobody wants to hack you. It's a paranoia about something that doesn't actually happen.
T. Hacker
Or corp/govt wanting to control their subjects.
>B: run Diagnostics just in case. It'll tell you when someone gains marks or doors matrix damage against you. Shut your WiFi off when you see something change unexpectedly.
Can I get that as someone completely ignorant of matrix, and can the program notify me in time before the hacker has access?
>C: get yourself a Device Rating 6 commlink as early as possible and use it as the Master in your PAN. It'll make people even less likely to hack you (A) and give you way more of a window to notice that you're being hacked and shut everything down before they can do any hijinks (B).
So it can happen. And good enough a decker can force multiple marks on a device per pass, on matrix initiative when hotsimmed.
>Your biggest threat from a Security Spider is him noticing the icon of a Chameleon Suit wandering around the secure floor of the building you're infiltrating, not him bricking your Wired Reflexes.
Do you take me for a fool? I want to prevent both.

I want mesoamerican doomcallers to go and stay go

How much would runners know about the Crash 2.0, anyway?

What is more stylish and practical: A customized balistic mask or the helmet of an awesome looking milspec/security armor?

MCT Bezahlschreiber bitte.
Indianer und Tropen statt Japaner und Idioten.

Yeah, na, you're retarded. I've been in tons of games from here and very rarely had issues like that.

Well, then you sure as fuck shouldn't look at lebbit or roll20 pugs. Fuckers fly off the handle at mere mention of loli.

>lolikanker

Nobody is interested in your sexual preferences.

It's this bullshit that pisses me off, the concept is there there but mechanically speaking it works only one way, which is bullshit a bad system fucking broken and OP at the same time and completely unintuitive shit where RAI don't fucking work and CGL's incompetence resulted in a braindead half-formed stillbirth of a system

Except if they're gay, in which case they're happily going to shove it in your face. Besides, I didn't say I'd start going on about how I want to fuck them, I said that mere mention of the word is enough. The same applies to 'nigger', by the way.

Wow, it's almost like both of those words are said by maladjusted individuals and serve as markers for undesirable traits.

On the fluff side, I've always just assumed they're "the next stage of magic" and just mages manipulating the matrix as if it were a plane. That seemed to be where the whole thing was going before CGL ate it.

Haha, nigger! XD

Wow, it's almost like the people who think that way are stuck up retards that inhabit reddit and roll 20 community, who occasionally wonder over to Veeky Forums to shitpost and sperg about their political correctness.

Oh my, a person telegraphing his inaptitude to behave properly and his wierd sexual preferences is going to be shunted by normal People who value decent behavior.

Geeez, what a surprise.

Play in traffic.

Nice proving him true, fagface.
If i wanted to discuss niggers chimping out, I'd spend my time on /pol/.
Nobody likes people who don't show proper behavior.

>being this much of an oblivious prick

Reddit is that way
-->

Yeah, it's why I recommend any sensible person to stay away from reddit, because they really do think that way. You have a shred of badwrongfun and they immediately start flinging shit.

They're like a bunch of autistic children, which is why I said that playing with them is only an exercise in self-control and patience, not fun.

Here we have a textbook example of a redditor's hypocritical behaviour: you only mention 'nigger' and they immediately claim that you're "trying to discuss niggers chimping out" and start acting like massive drama queens.

>Pretends to care about badwrongfun
>Calls people stuck up for having standards

Nobody's telling you to not be a retard in private, user, but you're not going to convince me I'm doing it wrong, or that the last time you got kicked out of a game wasn't your fault.

Can we not

>but you're not going to convince me I'm doing it wrong
And no matter how I try to point out how ironic and hypocritical your attitude is, it won't get through to your thick skull. So you can consider us the same in that regard, redditor.

>le reddit maymay

If it walks like a duck and talks like a duck, I'm not going to assume it to be a transgender Cyborg affected by a shapechanging spell before i fill it with shot.
Same goes for every normal person interacting with the likes of you. If your mental capacities aren't capable of adjusting your speech patterns to a "neutral" Level when talking to strangers, its pretty likely you are of no benefit to keep around.

also:
>be a pedophile /pol/ack
>fulfill every clichee

Nice

And this, kiddos, is why you don't look around on imageboards for groups to play.
You'll end up with shit that even plebturdians look down uppon.

>ironic and hypocritical

Stop using words you don't know the meaning off.

Nope, guess not
Post cyberpunk

How does upgrading cyberware rating work? Like can I have more muscles attached to the fake ones I already have in me or do I just have to replace them completely?

It seems we cannot not.

I guess slightly off-topic but GITS First Assault is going offline in a couple months. It was a short run.

RAW English?

Rip out the old ware, sell it for as much as you can get and buy new shit of an appropriate Level

English with the Mission FAQ active?

You substract the price of your existing ware from the price of the new ware and multiply the rest with 1.3 to get the final price.

German RAW:
See english Version + Mission FAQ

As in regards to innerworld process of upgrading:
You can generally assume that you have to switch out old crap for new shit, except in cases where its explicitely stated otherwise (eg Siemens Cyberspine)

>cybernetic soldier from the future
>carries a rifle from the 1960s

/k/ommando would start bitching about how nonsensical a sci-fi gun's design would be
Best to play it safe

>Same goes for every normal person interacting with the likes of you. If your mental capacities aren't capable of adjusting your speech patterns to a "neutral" Level when talking to strangers, its pretty likely you are of no benefit to keep around.
And I'm pretty sure that any sensible, mature person will agree that a group of thin-skinned drama queens who start flinging shit at the mere mention of two "taboo" words (exhibit A: this thread) are not fun to play with.

>And this, kiddos, is why you don't look around on imageboards for groups to play.
>You'll end up with shit that even plebturdians look down uppon
Pot, kettle. Shame that you're too dumb to see the irony.

OP PLEASE delete this thread and start a new onee

>playing in a setting filled with freaks, racist, and social outcasts
>flying off the handle at someone saying 'nigger'
>not ironic

>claiming moral high ground
>booting people because of the words they choose
>not hypocritical

Our modern militaries often still use weapons that are 50+ years old.

>mommy, why is everybody getting angry when i go to work in my swimsuit, after all, everybody is walking around in one at the pool?

Purge the autists

>if its in the setting, i have carte-blanche to use it

Autists, not even once

>Look, dads, I made a strawman on Veeky Forums, can I suck your dicks now?

>if its in the setting, i have carte-blanche to use
Well, yes.

Well, no.
You are still suspect to rule 0.5, don't be annoying.
If you play "wierd" shit, clear the skies before you and make sure everybody is in the same boat.
PnP is not a solo-wankfest.
That you need this to be explained to you, speaks quite a lot about you.

>proud retard

Help.
The mage flaked out on us last minute, so I need an impromptu one-session run for a sniper/decker and a razor-troll. I'm thinking pizza-delivery gone wrong, but other than that, I got nothin'.

>Well, no.
Well, yes.
>You are still suspect to rule 0.5, don't be annoying.
>If you have badwrongfun I'm going to bitch and whine!
>If you play "wierd" shit, clear the skies before you and make sure everybody is in the same boat.
Or make sure you're not playing with thin-skinned autists from Lebbit, which is what I said in the beginning.
>PnP is not a solo-wankfest.
Exactly why you want to play with bleeding hearts who make everything personal.
>That you need this to be explained to you, speaks quite a lot about you.
And the fact that you're justifying your behaviour says quite a lot about you.

Why are you on 4chen anyway, nigger? Don't you miss your hugbox?

>T. Hacker
>Or corp/govt wanting to control their subjects.
No, seriously, it's just paranoia shit. It's not out of character to be paranoid as a runner, but it's not the sort of thing that's going to come up both often and dangerously enough to really worry about it. It's like throwing as much fire resistance on your stuff as possible even though most damage you'll be suffering is physical, electrical, and chemical, in that order. Sure, fire (hacking) is scary, but it's a pretty small threat at the end of the day.

>Can I get that as someone completely ignorant of matrix, and can the program notify me in time before the hacker has access?
Yes, you can get it, and it will notify you as soon as anything changes. Matrix damage, marks, anything and everything.

>So it can happen. And good enough a decker can force multiple marks on a device per pass, on matrix initiative when hotsimmed.
That's a 'slim and fucking none' kind of problem.

> I want to prevent both.
Then get a sleaze dongle and have your PAN run silently. Even an affordable Rating 3 dongle will make you practically undetectable.

Depends on their ranks in relevant Knowledge skills. The information is out there, but far from common knowledge. People are more aware of the outcomes/consequences than the how or why.

>durrderpdurr

Ay vittu, being annoyed by autists doesn't mean its personal. One doesn't have a personal vendetta against vermin either, yet still removes it.
But alas, 3difficult5you, pedosperg.

>hugbox

The irony.