Warhammer 40,000 General /40kg/

Duncan's Cookies Edition

>Imperial Guard Nerfed
warhammer-community.com/2017/10/22/new-faqs-and-errata-for-the-astra-militarum-and-beyond-oct-22gw-homepage-post-1/

>Eldar entire codex revealed by Striking Scorpion 1488
youtube.com/watch?v=4ne8vBVT8N0&t=

>GW FAQ (1.1):
games-workshop.com/en-GB/Rules-Errata#40k-errata

>FW FAQ (1.1):
warhammer-community.com/2017/07/15/new-and-updated-forge-world-faqs-july16gw-homepage-post-2/

>Rules and such. Use Readium on pc/iphone, lithium/kobo on android:
>Everything 8th edition in properly converted pdf & epub, fully bookmarked and linked with in-line errata annotations
mega.nz/#F!bF0ExS4D!_XaMECn0K9HiJKUFSopJLA

>Other Megas
mega.nz/#F!64wmnBZR!rWcm37EkOOeToeueqhPjpA
mega.nz/#F!BxI1HSgI!0tKymKh9RZTzGpgIA5EyCg
mega.nz/#F!9NchGZyZ!-V1LhJALxDp9Tw97WzEQGA
mega.nz/#F!pFgm0RKR!J06C1gVYcjzNGsF8YNLsjQ
>Old Black Library Mega
mega.nz/#F!wx4BiKhD!YhnAf1BqSmAB8dO6xDM56Q

>WIP Math-hammer doc (Thanks Chart-user!)
warhammer-community.com/2017/09/05/celebrate-30-years-of-warhammer-40000-top-5-squigsgw-homepage-post-3/

Other urls found in this thread:

warhammer-community.com/2017/10/24/free-rules-for-the-craftworlds-bonesingergw-homepage-post-2/
twitter.com/AnonBabble

>Duncan's Cookies Edition

The Siege of Baal Never happened. The Ultramarines and Ka'Bandha Never saved the Blood angels from certain doom

Blood Angels are chaos, in the new thread.

Would you eat Duncan's cookies?

I would nibble his biscuits.

WTF?

Chads GTFO our hobby.

You might bring in women and shit. Remember: fat slobs with no social skills are annoying, but they are worth it. They are gatekeepers, keeping normies away. If we remove them, we let in worse shit.

Xth for Veeky Forums is full of Eldars apoligists

No, not the Eldar! Do your duty please! End me!

ARRGGHHHHH

Why is there no Start Collecting Harlequins? Deathwatch came out at the same time and has one and even Scions have one.

same reason why we don't have a box for khandron overlords or genestealer cult, laziness

The Eldar were broken in 7th but seem to be relatively balanced with one broken build this edition

The intern assigned to making a model for the mimes had to be fired when it was discovered he had made all of the poses variations on invisible wall or invisible tug rope.

it took fyreslayers like two years to get a SC box, i'm sure everyone will get one eventually

Unanswered in the last thread: what kind of Eldar is Eldrad now? Seems like he should be Ynarri, but somehow isn't?

Because nobody likes clowns

So, how DOES one start a tyranids army?

The start collecting box looks nice but I'm not sure if I can fit the gargoyles in to a list because all nid HQ choices are so expensive.
Everything seems to need an odd number of models, three neurothropes per box but you want four, you could make them in to venomthropes but you need minimum three...

I need extra HQs so I was thinking a tyranid prime for an extra cannon but that means buying a new box and ending up with an odd number of warriors.

A ground force, bio artillery, flying monster force, tunneling monster force, what about genestealers and psychic monsters? It's all too much.

I can't end you, they nerfed the Commissar.

There was one

Eldrad is a dick. That's really all he is, he doesn't go for a particular kind of being a dick. He just epitomizes all Eldar kind that way.

Wait for the other Start Collecting box.

>The Eldar were broken in 7th, 6th, 4th, 3rd and 2nd
FTFY

There was no war on Baal.

Path of the Dick.

He looks after number one and he's number one.

Well i only played 7th ed and now 8th so i know little before then.

There was no war on Baal you are correct

Got lost on the Path of the Dick, he isn't a Farseer, he is a Televerpa.

>Newfag expressing opinions of things he doesn't know
>Things exist only when I participate
Kys

>Wraithlords and Avatars are untargetable by any Runes of Battle buff

goddammit

I guess a Spiritseer hanging out with Wraithlords should just cast, I dunno, Jinx?

I hope wraith Knights too

Get a bonesinger.

Put the Wraithlord away and commit to Wraithguard.

I don't watch shit wapanese animes, what's the deal behind the screaming king?

>what's the deal behind the screaming king?
He read the Eldar codex and knows Eldar are top tier again.

>Being this new

somehow that isn't a gem on the staff's handle just under the golden tip part when everything else is

kek

Fuck you I want to use giant phantom grandpa and his murder-sword.

Is the bonesinger official GW? A lot of my usual opponents avoid games with anything that smells of Forge World/unsanctioned rules

Is there still nowhere to get a Rise of the Ynnari Ghost Warrior epub?

i would give you the advice that don't be autistic about odd or even squad sizes but i can't take that advice myself

Yes, nigger.

Warhammer community.

warhammer-community.com/2017/10/24/free-rules-for-the-craftworlds-bonesingergw-homepage-post-2/

I never claimed that they weren't broken before 7th just that they were broken in 7th. I have no knowledge of them before then so therefore i can't quite comment on something. If they were broken before 7th I have no idea of that so i gave you my ideas based on my own knowledge.

Forge World is sanctioned. The Bonesinger's rules come with the model and are available for free off the community site. How your local tourney scene will respect it is anyone's guess, but it's not overpowered, FWIW (neither is a lot of FW stuff).

Anyone have those Ad Mech images with the [shouts in binary] text on them?

i've watched that series but i don't get it

Tips on painting green gemstones/soulstones? Waystone Green is more teal than green.

Do this with your preferred greens.

You're the massive faggot. Just because he didn't know didn't mean he was expressing that they weren't OP before 7th you sperg.

paint gem black, dark green on bottom, light green on top or for more colorful gems

This, tbqfh

A baker?!

1999 7CP Death Korps of Krieg
+Battallion+
Marshal karis Venner
>hotshot laspistol, momento mori, power sword, grand strategist warlord trait
Field marshal (in storm chimera)
>plasma pistol, power sword, kurov's aquilla relic

3x10 grenadiers
>plasma pistol, power sword, vox, heavy flamer, 2 plasma guns
2x10 grenadiers (in storm chimera)
>plasma pistol, power sword, vox, heavy flamer, 2 melta guns

Command squad
>vox, regimental standard, 2 plasma
3 chimera
>autocannons and heavy bolters

+spearhead+
Tank commander
>punisher cannon, 3 heavy bolters

3 earthshaker artillery carriages
>12 crew
Leman Russ
>conquerer battle cannon w/co-axial storm bolter, 2 heavy bolters, lascannon
Leman Russ
>conquerer battle cannon w/co-axial storm bolter, 2 heavy bolters, lascannon

+fortification+
Aegis defense line

Will I be ok with only 2 squads moving upfield with the tanks? I feel like my opponent will just ignore my backfield bubble wrapping and kill what can take the far objectives.

Thanks to both of you, I'll do a few trial runs with both to see how they turn out. Probably do a mix of the two, one for characters one for generics and smaller gems.

You still have Battle Focus to make the most of it. Plus the Shoot and Scoot Strat to get an extra 7" of movement.

That Spearhead had better be Cadia, not DKoK.

Okay, i am gonna have a decent amount of money, do i buy a Steel Legion transport army and paint them up like PanzerGrenadiers, or Catachans and valks and theme them as vietnam era US Air Cav.

This army is more for the thematic and AESTHETICS than ingame preformance.

Newfag to 8th here, I have two questions:

>1
Rulebook says:
>If a model has several weapons, it can shoot all of them at the same target, or it can shoot each at a different enemy unit.
Does this mean something like a Tau Commander, which can equip up to four weapons, can fire all four weapons every turn? In 7th, I'm pretty sure you were limited to two weapons.

>2
Rulebook says:
>If an attack successfully wounds the target, the player commanding the target unit allocates the wound to any model in the unit (the chosen model does not have to be within range or visible to the attacking unit).
Does this mean you no longer allocate wounds to the closest model?

These seem like some pretty major changes.

Path to bullshit. dudes probably been cegorach the entire time

>ITS JUST A PRANK BRO, THE CAMERAS RIGHT THERE.

right on both counts.

Why would I mix and match regiments like some sort of WAACfag? I have death korps, not Acadia.

Does anyone have a wraithseer and a wraithlord they can show me side by side? All the pictures google gives me are from different angles so its hard to get a feel for the differences

>Glance at FAQ
>Stealer cult Sentinel/Russ buff

HAHA TIME FOR GSC

to break out these fuckers again. who else is playing them? are 10 man acolyte units with rocksaws/drills good or is it still MSU min units?

UPRISING WHEN

Yes. Except for pistols.

Yes.

Yes, all guns.

Yes, priority goes to already wounded models though.

the first isn't such a major change at all

the second was like that before 7th

Guys, buying a used lasgun off of kriegslist and the seller wants me to come pick it up, wat do?

Being able to fire four weapons a turn on a Crisis Suit sounds absolutely insane to me. These just feel like balls of death now. They don't even need to all be on the same target, jesus.

Because only a LAACfag deliberately nerfs his army to give his opponent a more boring game. Take DKoK shit in your DKoK detachment or GTFO.

Go to /qst/ for rping.

steel legion models look much better than catachan models, so they're the better choice.
although the real patrician choice is Elysian drop troops as ODST

Get fucked Xenos, Chaos is the real Cult around here.

>UPRISING WHEN
When the lewd prophet (prophetess) comes forth to lead out way.

I haven't got a picture but they're the same except for the feet, chest, vanes, head, arm, and spear.
they're they're quite a bit different, actually

>not being s WAAC faggot makes you want to be a LAAC

Somebody get this hot head outta here.

Why choose just one?

not like the weapons are free

no one?

Wraiths do not have Battle Focus

Hm... losing Wraithsight kinda stings, but they CAN carry the Psytronome of Iyanden. Tough choice.

on average how much of a fire magnet does a glaive-wielding Wraithlord become, full sprinting towards the enemy? Would having a Farseer palling around to cast Fortune and Doom for it be overkill?

Don't you fucking summon her again. Last time there was 3 deleted threads and rampant shitposting for 4 days afterwards.

>Reported for violating rule 2

Eldar new models when?

I mostly wanted a reason to post that picture. I really like it.

MSU unless you plan to ambush them then 10man is fine.

Carcharodon fag back and less drunk this time.

I remember one dood saying I was relying too much on my termies for this list, but im still looking for feed back or what I could do to make it better.

>Duncan Edition
>No daily Duncan

>there'll never be a cult limo model
>can't give your Inquisitor one as a P=][=mp mobile

Correct on all counts, however my playgroup just home rules that closest model gets the wound. That way you can flank around a unit to get the leader.

Adds another layer to the game.

Siege of Baal was in Horus Heresy I belive.

facepalm

Are rhinos dead points in Thousand Sons force? I tried a mech list and I just get the impression warptime makes up for a lot of speed issues and Magnus can go wherever he pleases anyway.

WAAC is wack

Yes that is the only one that happened. The Blood Angels Slayed the most recent Tyranid invasion single handely

This RIPPED motherfucker literally made the best GW game. Also Kislev.

Is there nothing the Dunc can't do?

whats wrong with it?

Fug, I was hoping I could just convert a lord into a seer after I buy a few of those new SC boxes

Non metallic metals.

did your group play before 7th?