40k Writefaggotry: Part 5?

Might as well I've seen 3 CYOA threads and well maybe I'll get some luck today. You have to start somewhere.

His knife was gone, his gun and bayonet too. Each inch they fought for... each body paved the way for every inch and much more retook miles. He did not cry out as they swarmed him and his mask was ripped from his face, filthy air filled his lungs as he was momentarily blinded by the sunlight above. He ignored their attempts to cause him fear, for a man with no name he doesn't need to know fear. But, it doesn't matter they were thrown at the cultists to slow them down so command could reposition. Roughly forced to his feet he looked at the circle being made as he knew very well that his chaotic opponent across from him wanted to fight him one on one.

His eyes looked over the horrible weapons and were willing to forgo them till he felt a coldness in the pit of his stomach. Masked heads on his hips, so many gasmasks... gloves clenched in anger as that barking laugh was directed at him for showing anger at the Khornite. The Krieg did nothing half-hearted. They threw their entire will into each fight as they were unforgivable and only in death were they forgiven. Far from their land, they made their stands... with a weapon in hand they made their final stands... the stakes were high... and he would rather die than let these scum get past him. His hand gripped the scythe without thinking as he let out a primal war cry.

He would die for the Emperor! He would keep fighting till they cut him down! He could hear the saints singing his war song, he did not know the words but it felt right. He screamed out feeling that need bubble up in him. He would not be defeated, in the name of the Emperor! He rushed toward the now fearful Khornite and the scythe cut him to pieces. He felt light on his feet as he swung that scythe and reaped his foes... He found himself panting as he was aware of the bodies around him. But, he did not linger on that fact as his head turned to where he knew the current battlefield was... it called to him.

pt1

Bump I was just swarmed with stuff to do so I'll continue soon

Kriegers and Guardsmen were throwing themselves at the Nurgle hoard. But, those foul infected Space Marines were gaining ground and morale was dropping for the normal Guardsmen. The Krieger generals look at the Ecclesiarchy members still with them, the reason they were fighting as hard as they were.

"I feel the Emperor will smile upon us. I don't know how... but he will." Some priest said clutching the Aquilla as saints were prayed too to hopefully intercede but none have replied.

"Let the rot consume you into the loving embrace of Grandfather Nurgle!" A hideous deformed Space Marine preached as thick swarms followed each lumbering step he took. "Your bodies will return to the earth and all shall be turned to nothingness!" He roared but they watched as his turned.

The Krieg could all feel it... that swelling in their hearts as the silent soldiers soon all at once cried out in a primal scream. Even the generals and higher ranked members could not refuse the call. It was a black shadow with wings of beautiful death as in an instant they watched the shadow fly from the forest to the Marine.

He barely blocked the scythe as it attacked him. Eyes the brightest blue and skin that has never seen the sun was all he saw before it screamed at him letting the shadows hide its face. Huge wings of bone were outstretched as it landed in noman's land holding a scythe.

"Hand me the binoculars!" Some priest shouted aiming at the unknown entity.

"It has to be some rival chaos creature." The General said.

"Look at its scythe!" The Priest said excitedly and his eyes turned to the large farming scythe.

"Mother of God..." He whispered.
pt2

On the blade of the scythe was an angry two-headed eagle holding the blade to the shaft. He turned the binoculars to the shadow and gasped as the shadow's back, right between the wings, was the regimental symbol for the Krieg. The wings of the eagle were the wings of the shadow. But, the Shadow screamed and so did the Krieg. They rushed from their trenches and into no man's land feeling something wash over the Death Korps... as they charged the shadow did as well.

And upon their lips they sang a song as the saints sang to them, none of them knew it but they knew it in their hearts. They did not hear the fevered words rising to height as a demogauge spurred the others to war. They did not know the words to the song the Krieg were singing but they would if they lived long enough.

The shadow roared at the demonically warped marine, swiping the bony wings at him. The marine thought he had him when the scythe was thrown from his hands and he swung his mace down at it. But, he was not expecting a small hand to hold it, he pushed down harder trying to cave in the human's skull... it wasn't even human. "What are you..."

"Krieg... Krieg und Tod... Ich bin der Reaper... der Engel des Todes." A surprisingly young voice said as the shadows that had taken the shape of a gas mask with a skull upon it disappeared. He had no name... he was only numbers... but he was Tod... he was Death. An Aquilla of gold was upon his forehead. He ripped away the mace and threw it to the side, holding out his hand the eagle on the scythe screeched as the tool returned to his hands. His gloved hands gripped the handles. His eyes darted up and jumped away from the barrage of rockets but from the smoke he flew. And the Marine... he felt fear as the blue eyes skull cloaked in darkness reaped his soul. Even twisted and no longer mortal... even Space Marines still feared the reaper.
pt3

They took back no mans land, they took the enemy trenches and where they rushed the heavens seemed to sing their war song. With weapon in hand their stand... those heavy losses... was worth every inch they retook. Though when the enemy was dead and fleeing that left the Guard to deal with... their guest.

He felt the air upon his face as he realized he was without his gas mask, and he pawed his face and looked around looking for his gas mask. His head felt heavy... and the guard watched as a skeletal two-headed eagle flew to his shoulder with a gas mask in its beak. He felt relief as he pushed the familiar leather upon his face. They watched as those wings faded from reality and the shadows rushed off of him revealing the Death Korps uniform but his gloved hand held the scythe as the eagle stayed on his shoulder. He turned to face the others as he had to report to command... he was missing most of his gear... he would have to report his failures.

The scythe in his hand felt natural as he walked toward the others. But he watched other Kriegers salute him, he wasn't ranked they shouldn't be saluting him. He kept walking as the Eagle kept demanding his attention, well one head, the other head kept looking at others and his heart pumped harder as he stood in front of his commander and saluted, heels clicked as he straightened his back. Here was a man he only "met" once as he was giving the mission orders from afar. But, he took a step to the side as a man wearing a Rosette walked up to him... two men wearing two different Rosettes. One was of the Ecclesiarchy but he did not know the other.

"And this Inquisitor..." Tod... when did he give himself a name? But, Tod felt himself straighten as all he knew was that Inquisitors were to be given the utmost respect, and then some." This is the living Saint."

"Saint?" He heard himself whisper out of order.
pt4

"Oh, my Krieg can talk out of turn! Ha! Someone owes me some cash!" The Inquisitor said cheerfully. "Do you know what you just did boy? And yes you have unlimited permission to speak, speak freely, etc for the rest of this conversation."

"Sir, I did my duty."

"And what is that?"

"Fight in the name of the Emperor. And my squadmates Died for the Emperor."

"What is your name?" He felt himself hesitate... as he could not remember his numbers that had been engrained into his brain since birth. "And while you're thinking take off your mask."

He did as ordered and ignored the gasps as the holy Aquilla was still upon his forehead, others gasped as he looked so young, and his mouth twitched as he couldn't remember his number. The Inquisitor gave no tells as he watched him struggle with something other Krieg would say in heartbeat. Tod looked at the skeletal bird on his shoulder and turned his head looking at the scythe, his blue eyes looked at the Inquisitor. "Tod... my name is Tod."

The Inquisitor just smiled widely as he said that, "Well, Tod, you are the hero of Argonne. However, we need to have a talk... about what just happened."

"Am... Am I in trouble sir?" He spoke up as his voice conveyed worry but his face different.

"No... but though you did not see it... you did something far beyond what normal Kriegers are called to do."

Fin for now

bump

Bump?

bump

I'm glad these threads die fast

arent you cheerful

Nump

“Attention all citizens. Emergency curfew in progress.” A monotone voice was heard once again in the morning. “Remain in your homes. The PDF has everything under control.”

“They said the same thing again?” Ranger asked while doing some abdominals exercises despite Lofn’s warnings about his wound.

“How you can’t understand Low Gothic?” That was a question that pursued Lofn until now.

“I told you, I’m not from here.” Ranger suddenly remembered an unasked issue. “Wait…what tongue are speaking now?”

“…eldar tongue…”

“The heck is an eld…your mother’s people, right?” She nodded. “Or they speak English, or my mind got so fu…wacked up I am speaking alien now.”

“Do…do have issues with aliens?”

“As long they don’t try to kill me, I don’t care.”

“Really?” She sighed with relief.

“Let me guess, most humans here despise them?”

“Yes, but not without reasons by the way.”

“Are the humans here assh…jerks?”

“In the best of cases.”

“…”

“How do you speak eldar?”

“No idea, kid.” His suspicions were not very encouraging. “Are they jerks too?”

“Mom says they would let me live in the craftworld once I grown up. I don’t know why.”

>Something tells me it must relation with the whole interspecies…’partnership’, but I will keep it quiet for now.

“Do you remember how you got here?”

“…no, and I would rather forget that.”

“Your dreams?” Ranger’s mood worsened in an instant.

“Look kid, I don’t want to talk about it, understood?” “Unless you tell me first what is this ‘Imperium of Man’ and who is this ‘Emperor’ who commands it. Then I can tell you the censored version.” She seemed to accept that deal, as long he also stopped his exercises. She would need to get new bandages after this.

According to Lofn, the Imperium was born ten thousand years ago by a being known as the Emperor who united the disorganized human planets under his rule after a disaster called ‘The Long Night’, where hundreds of aliens preyed in the remains of old human civilization and it was linked to a part of eldar history she did not want to speak about. According to her father, he is the most glorious protector of Mankind and a living God in his prime; while her mother says he was just a powerful psyker, strong enough to unite most of mankind and turn them in one of the most dangerous species, but too blind to watch his foes from within, leading to his undeath at the hands of the voices of the Warp.

As vengeance for the unpunished raids suffered in their darkest hour, the Imperium was founded in a hatred and desire of extermination of all xeno life, even the lifeforms they never met before. After the fall of the Emperor the forces of Chaos, madmen who follow the voices of the Warp where added at the blacklist. According to her mother, the current High Farseer of her Craftworld of birth tried to warn the Emperor himself of the Ruinous Powers, but he was ignored by the arrogant human and it cost him dearly.

“What about you mister?” Sha asked. Ranger wanted to hear more, but he guessed he would ask her parents why they did not kill each other.

“Well, in my planet the eggheads…men of science invented a technology called the Slipgate, which was supposed to let transport provisions and people at large distances in an instant, but the idiots forgot about what could be living in between.”

Lofn had an idea of what Ranger meant, which would explain his broken mood.

“I was a Marine, but-”

“You? A Marine? Then why are you so ti-”

“Would you let me finish?”

“Sorry.”

bump

“Apology accepted. I was a Marine, but there I was some poor sucker who was not aware of what they were doing. I learned what they were doing the day zero at five of the freaking morning. An alien being codenamed Quake who lurked in another was invading mine using the slipgates, successfully brainwashing most of the personal there. Me and my team were the best, but Quake brainwashed most of them…I put them out of their misery.”

“The most of HQ was dead or missing, and the last orders were ‘go to the slipgate and stop the invasion at all cost’. I doubt they had any idea what was at the other side.”

“Did you manage to defeat Quake?” She asked

“Yes!” He said with a sudden grin that disappeared just as quickly. “But at a high cost, I had to put…bad things in my head to find the knowledge of what Quake was and how to kill her for good.” Lofn shuddered at the implications of his claims.

“I spent twenty years trapped in their realms, away of home, having to hear the whispers of her fellow ‘gods’; I lost my own name and most of my humanity. It’s hard to think when I am not in middle of a combat” Ranger then opened his right palm and summoned the Dire Orb. “This is my war trophy, the proof that even the Gods can be destroyed; but also, it is a constant reminder I am not longer human.” Then he closed his hand, shutting down the orb too. There was a tense calm until Lofn ended it.

“What you showed me is sorcery, which it would be a proof that you surrendered yourself to the madness of the Warp, yet you don’t seem crazier than the average human psyker. But I know Mom and she hates humans with your type of powers.”

“I don’t blame her if she wants to kill me.”

“I need to know that you are not one of them.”

“How?”

“Why did you kill the redemptionists? Just the first reason in your head.” The mind of Ranger began to cloud in images of the battle, forcing him to ignore the gunfire and screams until he found what started it in the first place.

>“Anyone who wants to join our just cause shall be welcome as brothers and sisters, but those who tries to resist the Truth of Redemption will be punished for heresy like the rest of the scum tonight!”

>"That last photo....it was my mother's people...."

“...They wanted to kill everyone…I faced cultists before…and it did not take much to conclude they would be here eventually…I may be a monster, but I can’t let other monsters cause havoc when I can do something about it, even it is just killing them.”

“But you like to kill.”

“…I do, but I would rather stop. Die with my family, as a human again.”

“You are less of a monster than you think. I can tell it.”

“And you are too naïve, kid. Once you parents arrive, I will be in my own way. I don’t think we both can convince your mother to spare me.”

“They should be so-”

A great explosion nearby shocked the house.

“What now?” Growled Ranger at the sound.

>And stop. Need to focus in Real Life.

A squeezing feeling in his gut meant he knew the Necron were close. They wanted his soul, and he wanted desperately to keep the full meal he ate earlier from exploding into his space armor. Not that way. He refused to die that way.

The distant sound of servo motors clenched his guts again, and there it went, spilling out into the cracks and corners of his suit. God damn it, the Emperor would shed an extra tear over this one, he knew it. But that was only if he couldn't find a way to escape and redeem himself another day. He looked around for a way out of the Space Hulk debris. His unit had tried to escape down the main corridor, but were gunned down in a shower of gauss. A twisted heap of beams might act as an awkward ladder for him, just out of sight from the abominable ancient predators.

He prayed to the Emperor for luck and began to jog for the beams. The clanging noise from his boots alerted the Necron warriors, but they could not see him here. Stomping and whirring of motors were heard behind. There was no commander to shout for him to hurry and give glory to the Imperium of Man, but he remembered all the insults. They spurred him now, making his footing sure and his grip sound.

But a random test shot from one of the guass rifles screamed past him below, evaporating a hole into of the wall. He froze, clutched by terror. This was all foolish. This was cowardice, not a plan. This was the end of his service to his Chapter, and a dishonorable one at that. His brothers had panicked, but they died in a heap of blood in their hastiness. He had more options than that.

Unhooking the Krak grenade from his belt, he listened for the closing steps of the Necron and calculated the fuse timing. He waited a second, then threw it backward, bouncing it off an angled outcropping on the floor. It rolled around the corner where the metal demons approached, and gave them no time to react.

(cont)

The explosion tore open some hidden seam in the architecture of the joined platforms, causing them to shift their weight and split apart. His makeshift ladder pulled away from them, out into the darkness of space. From this mobile perspective he could begin to see the outside of the enormous Space Hulk, with its rusted plating and meaningless architecture.

There was nowhere to climb to now. Above him, all that remained was a half demolished catwalk that provided access to nothing, and a wall extending forward with blinking lights that would make him an easier target for the Necron gunfire.

Slowly drifting out, he looked back at the merciless skeletal exterminators as they appeared in the gap; some damaged by the grenade. Before they could open fire he reached for his pistol, hoping to get a shot or two off. It was too late.

A dozen green bolts leapt for him.

bump

Poopy nigger butts xD

why you do this

Yay this is still alive! Hopefully it stays this way for a few more hours until I get home

Some Corsairs stuff I'm working on...

Mur, a Corsair Princess, had that nobility sneer on her face currently. Hand on her chin just sneering as she looked at the other Eldar trying to take her ship and job.

"Really? Are you going to go after me? Me? Really?I think I should be flattered." She said nonchalantly not seeing the need to really worry about a bunch of rival corsairs in her ship. They were just a team she'd be more worried if their employer had tagged along on this half-hearted assassination. "Hey, Mankurom! Someone's trying to kill me!" She said laughing.

"Who?" Someone said, oh that was right, she didn't tell anyone about her tag along.

"An Archon. Umm Kabal of the Screaming Skin." She explained till it finally clicked in their heads that they were fucked. So. Utterly. Fucked. And that fucking began when someone lost their legs. And finally, her men could show up when he opened the door.

"You know you're a creepy stalker right?" She said looking at the Archon.

"What? Me? You know I'm paying you, right? Besides Nexus was getting boring, might as well leave for a little bit and see who tries to take my spot." He said as a Mandrake slithered out of his shadow. He had his own ship in her small fleet as she did not allow his feeding tactics on her ship as it disturbed the spirit stones.

"Yes yes I know you're paying me but you're doing this weird 'You're gonna be in debt to me' thing with letting me know about this derelict craftworld," Mur said just looking at him as they ignored the fight going on between her men with his personal guards and the intruders.

"Just means you'll have to work for me a bit more. Might have to pay you a bit less. Might want some weird favors."

"You're being as vague as Eldrad right now." She said with a laugh looking at the now subdued would be assassins.

"I dunno what should I do with them." She said before looking at Mankurom and doing some weird hip wiggle.

He pursed his lips and thought, "I'll bring them back alive and with their stones."

"Done."

"Excellent!" He began to cackle having his men drag the screaming corsairs away. This was his best idea.

I'll be back in 2 hours to write some more

Okay ready

Delilah felt apathetic as she waited to die. Her squad had been captured and here they were in enemy hands waiting to die. They saw the demon engines fly overhead though she was silent about how they made her homesick. Her planet had large scaly birds that could be mean but they had their own majestic beauty to them. She became aware of the world one more then the raging screams got louder and louder before her cell was opened, and a man sat down in front of her. She was confused as most Khornites that she had unfortunately faced were mindless, but what was going on was showing tactics and separating everyone making them alone with only knowing with a fit of angry screaming from a voice you knew was the only way she knew she wasn't the last one alive.

The words of the Commissar had been quieted ages ago and she wonders if he was shot or muffled.

"Hungry?" She blinked looking at the man in front of her. "I'm collecting last wishes but ya know everyone's telling me to go choke on my blood... or a cock... or 'May the Emperor smite you!'" He said mocking Geralds' voice. But Delilah stayed silent and he moved his head to the side watching her eyes, "Tired?"

"Yeah." She said softly, "I just feel tired and homesick."

"Well, it's nice to not have someone screaming at me. What made you homesick? I mean unless it's your inevitable death, I'm not here to make you feel happy or good before you die honey I'm just here to see what you lot want before you go." He said making himself comfortable before knocking on the door. He looked up at the other cultist, "Go down the line."

"Why?"

"I'm having a conversation here. I'm tired of people screaming at me besides it's impolite to leave a lady who obviously wants to talk."

"Fine fine. Don't get too cozy."

"Whatya think I am? Slanneshi?" He said overly comical earning a soft giggle from Delilah.

He turned his attention back to her. "So what's making you homesick doll?"
pt1

She looked up at the ceiling for a moment but she was going to die... so why not. "Those Aero... I'm from a... well some would call it a Feral or Death... but it's more of a wild Agri world." She said laughing softly. "We have large flying things like that back home. It was common to breed some as they made good pack animals once trained to not drop things. We raised some... but they wanted bodies for the war... and my brothers were needed on the farm so I went. So... umm... are you gonna kill me now? Do I have to like beg and scream or can you like make it quick?"

He looked at her for a moment, "Joseph."

"Delilah."

"Well Hey there Delilah." He said with a smile. "You've never faced the Blood Pact now have you?" She shook her head, "Well we're a splinter group of them, not exactly as ridged... think of it as more mercenaries. So fuck the rules we're going for a walk."

"A walk?" She said looking at him as he messed with the way she was attached to the wall.

"Yeah you're the first person to give me a last wish and so I'm taking you to see our Birds."

Joseph and Delilah walked out as the prison area was as she expected for any cultists but as they left that wing... "I hear humming... are we flying?"

"And Bingo was her name-o. Think of it as a flying carrier. Allows us to be comfortable as we... well I guess rain down terror and destruction." He said shrugging not really sure as what to tell to her so he was going with his gut... and his heart or as he liked to call it his guart. Though Joseph was enjoying her conversation with him as it was nice... Oh by Khorne he was sounding mushy.
pt2

She only hesitated to go where he wanted when others were around, obviously scared but they made it to their destination, the hanger. "So I'm not gonna lie... I might just feed you to the big guy over there." He said pointing to a lazy Heldrake. "Then again he might just eat me after eating you so... we'll plan it by ear... year? Ear on how you'll die. M'kay?"

"Are you asking me if I'm okay with how I'm going to die?"

"Maybe?"

She thought for a few moments, "Yeah I guess I'm okay with how I'm going to die?"

"Awesome. So I'm going to be an idiot and untie your arms. But I will point out it's really pointless, I'm only doing this because these guys get kinda pushy and I'm lazy and don't want to have to pick you up every time they push you over, it will become a game to them."

"Yeah, that sounds about right," Delilah said rubbing her arms once they were free. She raised an eyebrow at Joseph as he looked tense and ready to jump at her, "What?"

"You know I was kinda expecting you to run? Or like punch me."

"I can still punch you if you want."

"You're a terrible prisoner you know that?"

"I'm sorry I don't make it a habit of getting caught but I'll think about that next time I'm captured." She looked up and stood still as she noticed how they were on the ceiling and the walls but nearly jumped out of her skin as one stuck it's 'face' right into her's. The glass was orange as hot exhaust washed over her face and she just pushed on it's 'chin'. "Space." She took a step toward Joseph.

"I'm disappointed at the severe lack of screaming and crying and pissing yourself..." Joseph said bringing over bloody buckets filled with meat and organs.
pt3

"I told you I've raised stuff similar to this. I had one playful guy who would do that, get right up into your face, put your head in his mouth and just tease you. He was a fucking asshole and knew it but when he was on the job he was perfectly trained. So we allowed him his off-duty assholish playfulness." She said without missing a beat and reaching in and grabbing a large liver and just throwing it at the one right behind her. She just flicked the gore off of her arm. "It's going to take a lot more than that to make me do all of that. Or well ya know... other things."

Joseph could hear a soft whisper in his ear, he believed in his god, though he wasn't a word bearer nor a preacher, he just could feel the need to talk to her. "What do you say we have a bit of a religious talk?
p4

>>I'll finish this later

bump

I'm going to be rewriting my Warhammer High fanfic.

So that is why I've gone silent.

oh nice!

bump

Unsure if this is the place to ask it, but I figured I wouldn't waste a thread over a single question.

I'm looking to based a Chapter's culture on Arthurian Legend/Bretonnian Beliefs, and I was wondering how to incorporate Damsels and Lady's for my Space Marines to work with. Obviously a romantic affair would be out, but would there be a way to add winning favours without it seeming to strange for Astartes?

hmmmmmmmmm possibly incorportae Sisters of Battle/Silence and be like they could have a close relationship/work with them often

I was debating having their Chapter World be based either on, or a sister planet to one belonging to a Living Saint. Not one of Celestine's caliber mind you, but one more based in healing miracles, and that, work on a Blessed Lady angle.

oooo i like that

Aside from the big one, any thoughts on how I'd make for more mundane relations between Battle Brothers and Fair Maidens?

Appreciate someone to bounce ideas off of as well dude.

No problem my dude. if this thread is alive in a few hours i can respond right... I'm dying of tiredness

See you then user, thanks.

Bump.

I'm alive and ready to write

So back to your idea with the Fair Maidens. Are you only giving that title to the Sisters of Battle from their world/that they work with or a Fair Maiden could be any female of high rank/works closely with them.

Their homeworld could be a mixture of a Feudal world and a Holy World (Can't remember what it's called) So that Fair Maidens are either from nobility (Drawing from Imperial Knights a bit here) or are the female members of the chapter serfs.

Shield Maidens: Sisters of Battle or regiments with female troops, though the latter less often paired with the Chapter as unlike Sisters of Battle they are seen as still quite human and though their faith may be pure and righteous they are weaker.

Fair Maidens: Nobility from their planet, or addressing many other female nobility. Can extend to other high ranked females or even as a term of endearment for certain serfs, either the Brother gifts this to one of the serfs that attend him, or when a serf gets to a certain age, like think Grandma old and looking, they will start calling her Fair Maiden or Grand Maiden.

Maidens: Female Chapter serfs who have worked with the Chapter for a while, new women are usually called M'lady. Their duty ranges from simple, such as making sure everything is ready for the Brother's morning ritual, to being one of the Chapter's many cooks; though if I may I would say they get their own title (sorry if I'm going off the rails with your idea). These can also be female Guards if you prefer to have the Shield Maidens be Sisters of Battle.

You can also have other types such as Coven Maidens for sanctioned Psykers (which they would rather only interact with such women who are from their world as there is no telling how pure their heart is.)

I have probably gone farther than what you were intending for your idea.

bump

My dude, you are awesome, this is some good stuff, and I am very appreciative. I think I'm really going to dig into that planet nobility angle, and serf stuff.

Thanks!

What do you think of having various noble houses on the world "sponsor" different companies and their battle brothers. That way, in the case of Tournaments and other competitions between battle brothers, they can dedicate victories to their sponsoring house, and maybe earn tokens from Fair Maidens?

We're delving into Imperial Knight territory, but this be cool so full speed ahead!

Noble families could sponsor the companies or perhaps individual Nobels could sponsor Brothers

You're totally right, but I suppose that kinda comes with the concept as a whole.

I was thinking that houses that sponsor specific companies could offer up children to be reared by said company, which would basically put them on the fast track to join up with said company as soon as they finish their time as a scout. This could mean that more influential houses would be the ones attached to the higher companies in the 1st, 2nd or 3rd. And yeah, I like the idea of nobility sponsoring a battle brother in particular, say maybe a cousin or nephew your family sent in three generations ago. Ladies could use their sponsored knights as a means of gaining prestige and fame, allowing them to move up in the world concurrently with the status of the brother who displays his proper chivalry.

Dude, I'm digging that idea. Which would make more sense as to sponsoring. Like of course, the chapter looks at the whole planet but Nobility likes to have their sons looked at first and have the "best" chances. So when like a peasant can give enough money to sponsor, which would be like a couple generations saving some money, it's a really big deal if their child actually gets in

Honor to the family as they would become psudeo nobility or honor to the village for producing a fine marine. Actually, either a family or a village could sponsor because it's essentially making the Chapter focus on that area of the planet.

Speaking of generations ago. They might have grand funerals for the lost family member should they die. Unless the brother comes from "peasantry" then he could also choose to simply be buried or whatever they give his family to bury in a simple plat but nobility has grand mausoleums.

I like the peasant aspect, in that it really is a big deal once they manage to send off some boys and one of them actually makes it. Also could be a good challenge for the peasants to rise up from being "hedge knights" without any affiliations to the planet nobility, and earn the favour of one. Also lends itself well to a rivalry between the noble born, and the field born aspirants, where one is just expected to go and become one of the knights, while the other carries the hopes and aspirations of an entire community. Renown to those peasant born could totally trickle back down to his humble roots, and hopefully, over time, the small peasantry that produced him can maybe find a better future for their lot.

I was thinking of abandoning the codex for training of scouts. I'd say maintain a sort of "Squire" company, where after the aspirants manage to pass into combat ranks, they performing training and such learning the foundations of the chapter beliefs on nobility and chivalrous behaviour. Then, when the time comes, a full fledged battle brother takes on a squire, much like the Black Templars, and proceeds to bring him to his company, and provide personal insight into their further role and such.

Yes! A Squire would be better but are we going that route with Black Templars only using adults or are they going to use both children and adults? (LOL Black Templar successor Chapter)

But yes a small internal rivalry though the Chapter tries to not allow it to blind brothers from working together as a Knight is to be chilverious regardless of rank and standing.

A knight is a knight!

I'd say that the Squire in question could be a decade into his formal training, so still relatively young. Depends on the status of the companies, if people are able to train the new blood, etc. For the kids, I was thinking of making the official name of aspirants to be pages or something, as those who don't go onto become Squires will inevitably remain serfs in the chapter, and keep to the duties there.

And yeah, just enough leeway to provide some personal drama, but the chapter at large will always say Chivalry is the measure of a man, not his birth.

Yes but it boosts morale for the peasantry as mentioned before but also perhaps washed out marines generally become chapter serfs or they can go home but are still held in high regard. Seeing as that the Emperor saw them doing more good for the people/as a Chapter serf.

For maidens going back to the original thing. They could just simply be from the peasantry who have nothing left. Such as they literally have nothing left or they send their children off to make the pilgrimage to either, for their sons made into a Marine, and for their daughters be made into a serf and hopefully marry into a higher standing. Or sometimes whole families make the journey when they lose their homes

Nah man, think I'll play up the grimdark and say once you get sent, no backsies, you can spend your life as a chapter serf.

I like that! sort of throwing yourself down at the mercy of the knights and all that.

Anyway dude, I've gotten more then I've asked for, thanks for the help!

Oh yeah that's right I forgot about the Grimdarkness and got caught up on the Knight stuff

This seems like a good place to ask. I have a bit campaign coming up and have a need and excuse to finally flush out the fluff of my edgelords. What is a good name for a night lords Warband dedicated to Malice? Likewise, what would a good battle cry be? I was thinking something abyss related like Abyssal Terror with a cry akin to "Stare into the abyss!" or something, but nothing sits well yet. I also need a name for a pair of brothers who lead the Warband, a lord and a sorcerer along with a Prince that neither of them particularly trust or respect.

As for the fluff of the actual Warband itself, I figured they were just another splinter group until they stumbled on a powerful maguffin of some lost god (malice) said to bring fear even to creatures of the warp. Pretty simple shit, really.

Out of armor, Robute wasn't much taller than his sons and well he lost count the number of them that looked like him. So he held back his giddy when he just walked down the halls of the chapter just not being stopped and overly hailed as their Liege. He kept traveling deeper into the fortress and soon serfs rushing around underfoot became common. It was still odd to not have humans just gawk at him, only ones who would gawk would be a child or two still blown away, or those that were newly employed.

He found himself near the neophyte bunkers as he could hear their excited chatter. Robute blinked as he looked down at someone nudging his leg. "Hey, Goldilocks can ya move?" A serf looked up at him with a platter full of food as he mumbled an apology as they rushed into the room feeding their charges. He didn't realize he was "gawking" till the serf came back out and looked up at him.

"Oh, my Emperor how new are you?" She said exasperatedly.

"Excuse me?"

"Are you even a century? I doubt it even if you try to boast, you're too baby-faced to be a vet... or inherited the Primarch's gene's entirely too well." She said looking over the Primarch not realizing it was the Primarch. "Don't worry honey you'll lose Robute's good looks after a few centuries. But are you doing anything?"

"Um no?" He felt himself being roped into something foul.

"Excellent!" She then cackled like an Eldar before pulling on his pant leg. "You've probably finished everything for the day and found yourself with free time so we're gonna go play a game!"

"Hi, big sis!" A fresh-faced neophyte said as she led Robute into a room as a few other Neophytes looked at him. "He looks exactly like the Primarch."

Let me finish what I'm writing and I'll get on it

No rush, but thank you!

"I know right?! I almost thought he was. Gave me a heart attack. Alright, Manchild lift me up." She said rushing over to the young marine as he lifted her up to a vent and she climbed in.

"What have I been roped into?"

"Card game. We've already got snacks on the way. Higher ups get fussy about having anything fun."

Robute watched as feet slowly poked down from the vent. "You better catch me."

"Nah. Why not ask your Xeno friend." Her brother teased.

"She's sanctioned manchild you know this."

"Was."

"Was?" Robute asked watching her brother catch her.

"No offense but with the Primarch waking up, bless him in every way, some governors have gotten his approval to start purging the Xeno. Which means sanctioned Xenos and humans are being sent away."

She just sighed, "I'm not gonna argue with the son of the Emperor but she's not bad. She's accepted the Emperor as her lord and personal savior but... yeah I've lost contact with her." Robute could feel the mood drop.

"Her boyfriend is an abhuman."

"You know Scott you don't need to tell the new guy everything..."

"It would have come out. Guess who has a Necromundan Boyfriend!" Scott sang as she threw a boot at his head. Her brother began to shuffle the cards and Robute just sat down as they were playing Bullshit.

Two more serfs came in with platters and just relaxed, the older of the two went to sleep on a cot. "So you are siblings?"

She looked at the Primarch, "Yeah. Once my friend got taken away and my boyfriend just kinda vanished one day... ya know... I missed my baby brother so came here to work for the Chapter. Either my boyfriend is dead or he'll get out but doubt he will stay in Ultramar region and I rather not leave the safety of the Ultramarines. So yeah, but I suppose I should be a good serf or something?"

"Yeah sis you're kinda terrible at being a serf."

"But manchild I love you. And I'm your older sister." She shot back before making sure the food was good and fixing herself a small bit of the high protein meal. "God I miss mom's cooking."

The Neophytes groaned in unison. "Don't remind me. I miss mom's food." They said softly.

"Maybe if I earn enough I can get her to come visit. Nephews miss you... Little sis is still little sis..."

"Do you like the Primarch?" They all looked at Robute as he asked the question. "Yes yes he's the Primarch but like do you LIKE him as a... person?"

"Granted he went from being a dead guy to being a living guy in my life so that's cool. I mean he let a few things slip through the cracks so that my friend and boyfriend are now possibly dead... that's not really... cool. But, son of the Emperor so all in his plan!" He could hear her straining those last few words. "I'm sorry I'm bringing down the mood."

"Nonsense!" Robute said. "You obviously needed to get it out and who is gonna believe a few Neophytes? Now that you've gotten that out let's play a game." Robute said heartily knowing what he is going to do... after a few card games.

Bump

where the fapfics at?

So I went and had dinner

So a Night Lords Warband, I'd start looking at Eastern European names, but Malice is tricky as I don't know what to make of him. So I'd stick with the normal naming convention instead of "Horribly named that only an idiot would be surprised he fell" a battle cry is tricky because I would think "All things to end" might be good as Malice just hates everyone.

Are they biological brothers or just battle brothers?

Malice prince or other demon prince?

I might be able to think of things

What you ordering?

>So I went and had dinner
All good, man.
>I'd start looking at Eastern European names
Oh. Interesting. I'll do that
>Malice is tricky as I don't know what to make of him. So I'd stick with the normal naming convention instead of "Horribly named that only an idiot would be surprised he fell"
Nah. I would rather the normal name. I think the Evil McBadMurderer names are stupid. A title, sure, but not a name.

>a battle cry is tricky because I would think "All things to end" might be good as Malice just hates everyone.
I like that, actually.
>Are they biological brothers or just battle brothers?
Actual brothers. The Lord leads because NL aren't too big on psykers, though he is slightly precog, which isn't uncommon among NL because you know, Curze
>Malice prince or other demon prince?
Unsure. I'll probably paint it Malice, so probably that.
>I might be able to think of things
You've already helped

Woo as long as it helps

I'm down to give this a shot, but I need some inspiration.
Anybody got something they want to see written?

Something sweet

Vadim Sero and Marek Sero
That feels fitting I think.

Sounds good enough. Perhaps Demon prince is the Grey Prince or something

Hmmm. Best I can do is bittersweet.

Candycrons?

They're sweet

So I'm very tired please keep this alive till tomorrow

Any fields in particular you feel you'd like to explore?