What system would you use for a Naruto campaign? Also,does anyone else unironically like the naruto setting...

What system would you use for a Naruto campaign? Also,does anyone else unironically like the naruto setting? It's got a lot of potential and cool stuff going on.

Other urls found in this thread:

narutod20.com/
mediafire.com/file/vhgn7cvqa188n3o/World of Five Nations v3.pdf
youtube.com/watch?v=oslvgN7aIU4
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

lol weeb

I'd use fate, and the setting is awesome as long as we are talking the original naruto, maybe the first 20 episodes of shippuden and cutting out the sharingan

Monsters and Other Childish Things with weird kid rules. Weird skills = bloodline limits or techniques. Add a "Kai" regular skill to deal with genjutsu threats.

Some generic system probably, so you can handle all the jutsus.

I like Strike! because Iof the way combat works, but FATE is pretty nice for the "tricky plan/figure out ability" sort of fights Naruto did when it wasn't wanking about uchiha power levels.

Somebody wrote a Naruto d20 system: narutod20.com/
The attached file contains some GURPS Naruto stuff I wrote up a few years ago, based partly on Naruto d20.

Mutants and Masterminds, or PDQ

The only system suitable for naruto is to stop watching it and grow up. Naruto is THE faggiest, lamest, weebiest of things in existence, and that's coming from a guy who wears makeup, watches MLP and enjoys sucking dick..

I personally find it hilarious how you think you're superior to anybody.

Russian Roulette

Naruto is pretty good up until the fight with Zabuza (the Mist-village guy) - seriously one of the most promising mangas I read back in the day. Most missed potential.

If I were to have a Naruto game, I'd keep it at this powerlevel.

Look up World of Five Nations, which was interestingly enough born out of a Veeky Forums Quest Thread some... six years back, now? Though a quick look shows the forum board they migrated to afterwards hasn't been updated for like four years so have a download link from when I saved it.

mediafire.com/file/vhgn7cvqa188n3o/World of Five Nations v3.pdf

>Naruto is THE faggiest, lamest, weebiest of things in existence
I am ok with this. Also, the setting is pretty good.

Coming from a guy who goes to conventions dressed like this

This guy actually looks like a legit ninja from Nartuo. For better or worse.

Those fat ninja were cool, but then again I only played the video game where he turns giant and beats the shit out of a monster.

Mutants and Masterminds is definitely better then

Fuck off, Naruto is fucking great

youtube.com/watch?v=oslvgN7aIU4

>like the naruto setting?
Sure, if you strip out all the characters, the dumb Tree Bitch stuff, the dumb shit involving the Uchiha genetic angst and Madara's angstboner, the whole thing with the "descendants of the First Sage, and make the Chunnin Exams actually make sense. Oh, and call them something else aside from Ninjas, give the Land of Iron more story prominence, and actually involve and include the Daimyos and discuss the politics that goes along with them and their nations, and how they affect the Ninja Villages.

Also, if you avoid everything in Boruto, and the ending of Naruto.

Basically, just rip the whole thing apart, and give it to a competent writer and not some idiot hack like Kishimoto

Ditto: hella rad setting.

I'm working on a Naruto campaign using Fudge (Could probably use Fate as well); trying not to go over the top with super abilities and keeping the jutsus and story simple. No giant energy monsters beating each other up and whatnot.

I've made a list of skills consisting of types of jutsus (Kenjutsu, Sealing techniques, Chakra Flow, genjutsu, etc.), and the characters get a certain number of jutsus/techniques depending on their skill in those types, listing them as "Supernormal Powers"

Maybe not perfect, but it's a start

If we gave all battle shouen to competent writers, they wouldn't be as fun as they are.

Not true. My Hero Academia is pretty decently written and is able to use the shonen formula effectively

You don't

O MY REWIND QUIRK

I think Kishimoto just got burned out and stopped caring
Early story was pretty good and mostly made sense but as things progressed he stopped trying to keep the world consistent

Horseman, is this REALLY the game you want to play?

troof

Naruto suffered from the same bullshit serial-shonen power creep that Dragonball Z did. IF Kishimoto had had an actual plan to end the story rather than just making shit up as he went along to keep the shekels rolling in, everyone would have been better off.

I think it was his editors, actually. If you read the interview he did recently(ish) they forced him to add a lot of shit he didn't seem interested in.

I'm rewatching Naruto now and it's a lot worse than I thought it was a s a teenager, but the chakra system has really high potential for cool shit.

.. is the main drawback of the sharingan that you have to be faster than your opponent?

It really seems a cool basic idea that you can see an opponents movements and whatnot.. but if you aren't fast enough to dodge/do a counter you are fucked. Right?

Also imagine this done in 3.5.
Larry: Okay I draw my swords
GM: .. all of them?
Larry: ALL OF THEM!
GM: well .. 7 swords, and you can use a move action to draw one.. Let's say that you can draw 3 as a standard action.. that makes 2 rounds where you are doing nothing but draw swords. And you have two hands. How are you even going to hold them?
Larry: Yeah well I flex my muscles and hold them with those.
GM:...
Gary: I am just looking at Larrys character while all this is going on and activating my sharingan
GM: The sharingan that slowly lowers your perception until you are blind?
Gary: Oh I killed my characters brother in a different campaign to grab his eyes and turn my sharingan into a pair of eyes that doesn't corrode my sight
GM: I guess that's okay
Gary: (.. and it unlocked a higher state of sharingan which has only been unlocked by like 4 others throughout history)
GM: What was that?
Gary: I think Larry should get a intimidation bonus for all those swords
Larry: YEAH!
GM: No you are not and I am not having this discussion again

Good setting, good at the start, then Shonen Jump decided to turn more profit than it deserved.

One Punch Man is a goddamn parody and it does shonen powerwank better than everything else.

You don't have to be faster. B was using a unique sword style. Sasuke had a hard time predicting B's moves. You can see that around 1:25 in the video. Also, he didn't have Itachi's Sharingan when he fought B.

>but if you aren't fast enough to dodge/do a counter you are fucked. Right?

That used to be a weakness of it to some extent. You didn't necessarily have to be faster or even as fast, as the prediction would compensate for your speed, but if they were significantly faster than you, say Rock Lee vs Sasuke at the start of the Chuunin Exam, you were fucked. You could see their movements but your body couldn't react fast enough to make use of it.

As time went on the Sharingan became less about being able to copy opponents and see through their techniques and more about god powers and literally being able to rewrite reality. Plus it just so happens that all of the Sharingan users in the show are also the fastest ninja. There were no drawbacks or counters toward the middle and through the end.

Also I love that fight with B in the manga. To this day I still can't believe Kishimoto had the balls to have some random guy fucking destroy Sasuke like it was nothing multiple times in one fight. B straight up fucked him and Sasuke only lived because B wanted to leave the village. To pull that kind of shit on your most popular character is just crazy.

Wild Talents apparently

I'm using Fate

why would you tell us this

That's almost literally nothing, that's the start of the first arc.

>Naruto suffered from the same bullshit serial-shonen power creep that Dragonball Z did.
Almost all the power creep is reserved for the final battle. The manga opens by telling us how one man defeated a monster that caused natural disasters with a tail flick

Shinobigami.
You get to bond with frenemies, describe stupid flashy "ninja" attacks derived from one the 60+ skills, and beat each-other up if you'd like to, because game is pvp oriented by default and supports that style of play well.

I can assure you, there are things way worse than Naruto
Naruto is too mediocre to be the worst anything