Jumpchain CYOA Thread #1828: Sitting on a Cornflake Edition

>Google Drive
drive.google.com/drive/folders/0B1qb0_OLhDrDSmZpRWdZaGZRcWs?tid=0B20r6rsFLOg_Zk5RdVdya3hJNnc&authuser=0

>Jumpchain IRC Chat
client00.chat.mibbit.com/?server=rizon.mibbit.org&channel=#JumpchainCYOA
kiwiirc.com/client/irc.rizon.net/?#JumpchainCYOA

>Rules
pastebin.com/Gqj3iKyn

>How to Jumpchain
drive.google.com/file/d/0B1qb0_OLhDrDNjZmRG02SDFaRVk/view

>Last Thread

Other urls found in this thread:

docs.google.com/document/d/143Vu8YzZ64lkWgVYqxiNB_8mq8ZP8pCN8OOO40-nm18/edit
youtube.com/watch?v=KEoGrbKAyKE
youtube.com/watch?v=6f7pgA0riU8
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

How dangerous is Jorge Joestar?

I've only read the first chapter, but he's kind of a wimp and needs Lisa Lisa to protect him.

Its just mexican jojo.

Post builds for the Medaka Box "update".

>reading Wii Sports Resort jump
>reading the Drawbacks section
>all of those PUNS

How common is this sort of thing?

It has a very powerful version of Dio who has some less than pleasant plans and a supremely powerful version of Kars but he is actually a good guy in this one.

Can you survive multiple universal resets? There was 38 Universal resets.

How does one become able to survive "universal resets"? Would Narnian Time be enough?

What do you mean by Universal reset?

user, this is /jc/, there's no escaping the puns.

How is this Kumagawa fellow? Everything people keep posting of him just makes him seem like your typical anime pervert, but apparently he's also a mass murderer?

Reminder that, if you insist on shitposting about the jump, the correct techniques is to make posts such as

>「Wow, I was really excited for this update」
>「Val did a great job」

If you don't then you should probably just stop whining on the internet all together.

I thought the rule was if you are still there after the reset it doesn't count as a death. (So that way you aren't completely fucked on account of the fact that in some writefagging jumps are randomly picked by the benefactor since you can't really respond to that using the perks given in Certain Scientific Railgun/Jojo etc.)

Which jump did you most enjoy writefagging for?

I just asked for builds, user. What's so wrong with that? Are even builds discouraged these days? Sheesh.

NiGHTS.

I have no trouble with builds, I was just making sure people were aware of proper shitposting procedure.

It's a tossup between Grand Order and Light of Terra. The road trip with Magnus is the highlight of the chain honestly.

Does anyone have a list of jumps that offer 1-ups? My goal is to be the most annoying to fight enemy there possibly can be, so not dying when I'm killed (at least, for a number of kills that would be kept secret from my enemy to make it more frustrating to plan around) is definitely something I need.

Lost Valley of the Dinosaurs.

Ah, okay. Thanks for clearing that up, buddy.

>FTFY
"Post" "Builds" "For" "The" "Medaka" "Box" "Update" "."

"builds"

Is this a list of pure "back from the dead" 1-ups, or do you also want "survive at 1 HP?"

The ones off the top of my head is an item from Hero BBS (where you get one item that revives for every jump, which you can hoard for 400CP), and perks in Mario, Rust, Konosuba, and Generic Creepypasta

Man, that's a hard one. I usually like writing for every Jump. But my favorite ones tend to be Adventure Time, Steven Universe, League of Legends, and all the Fallouts. Light of Terra is really fun too, though I really have a hard time getting the grimdark tone right.

Scott Pilgrim has one, SBURB has a conditional one as part of God Tier, Super Mario has one, and I think Captain N has one? Generic Universal Monsters has one discounted to Undead, too.

The universe ended & restarted with slightly different results. Then you repeat this 38 Times. In the end you have only select handful of people surviving it. Also there’s now 38 Kars on Mars. As the ultimate beings they can’t die, even if universe are reseted. The original Kars is now a good guy. The power level is pretty high up there even for JoJo standards.

On the plus side you have FABULOUS POSING DINOSAURS!

『Post builds for the Medaka Box update.』

What are all the jumps with endgame scenarios? So far I have;
>Gurren Lagann
>Tenchi Muyo
>Darksiders
>Heroic Age
>Devil Survivor 2

Mario
NiGHTS Into Dreams
Generic Creepypasta
Skullman
Generic Universal Monsters
Rust
Konosuba

Madoka Wraith Timeline has one based on Homura's power.
I think Saint Seiya has one.
Of course, the best one is SAVE & LOAD, but you'll need a way to copy the power and a perk to ensure it works in other settings.

Either work, honestly. I've got pretty good regen, surviving at 1 HP isn't much different from avoiding death entirely. So long as it's infuriating to try to kill me, I'm happy.

Thank you, I shall look at those. I knew about the ones in Mario and Rust, but apparently missed the Hero BBS and Konosuba ones. And Generic Creepypasta should have been obvious, I don't know why I didn't think of that.

Okay, so add Scott Pilgrim, Captain N and Universal Monsters to the list of things I should look into, and SBURB into the list of things that should have been obvious and I'm dumb for not thinking of. Though I think in most cases where people would be trying to kill me my death would be either heroic or deserved, so it's not that great, but still nice to have just in case.

NiGHTS and Skullman, huh? Okay, on the list.

Madoka and Saint Seiya, too.

Wow, you anons have been very helpful with this question. Thanks a lot, guys.

So timeline shenanigan immunity would work against this?
And how powerful are the ultimate beings? They're the strongest characters in the setting, right?

I think Charmed has several 1-ups of various flavours.

If you houserule Pokemon Abilities as being absolute (most people don't do this obviously), any Pokemon with Sturdy in Mystery Dungeon can get you Survive At 1 HP, and so can the move Endure.

Who wants a motherfucking WHO KILLED CAPTAIN ALEX jump?

UGANDAN COMMANDO!

No idea what that is.

Here's a list, but it has some stuff from SB jumps:

>docs.google.com/document/d/143Vu8YzZ64lkWgVYqxiNB_8mq8ZP8pCN8OOO40-nm18/edit

Don't think anything other than Ready Player One, though.

Uh... YJ_user. I mostly love this jump, but the OC companions are kind of really overpriced, in my opinion?

The 100cp Freak, Minder, Agent, and Old Friend options are okay even if just getting a standard Companion Creation would get more, because they're free to backgrounds. And the pets are nice pets. But the 200cp ones (especially with upgrades)...

Dark Mentor has about 500cp in perks (with appropriate discounts, which I assume you'd take into account). The Assassin is a bit better off, getting 700cp of stuff.
The supernatural partner /does/ get a whole bunch, with 1000cp of stuff. And the Twin is weird of course.

But then we get to the Ghost, who get 700cp again, all tied up in them being an ectoplasmic being. The upgrade is okay, though rather overly expensive when you can buy 4900 of those for 600 or 300cp.

The angel just gets 900cp to spend. Same as making a general companion, except they don't have the freedom of buy things that aren't powers. The upgrade at least gives it a 500cp thing, even if it's partially redundant with Prophecy... Is it supposed to be able to teleport like the Angel of Death did? That would make it a little more worth it.

Hellgirl gets 1000cp of stuff, and that's assuming she also gets the crown Hellboy has. Probably worth a bit more than the normal companion creation, if only barely? But I wouldn't say 200.

The Supernatural Pet is just the same amount of points as the normal import, but more restrictive since they can only get powers. Presumably they also don't count as a companion, which makes it a bit better? But still rather on the expensive side for 200cp undiscounted.

I feel like putting them at 100 discount (not free) for backgrounds, would help get them more even with normal companion creation? Dark Mentor, Assassin, and Ghost still seem to get the short end of the stick even with that though.

Interlinked Dragon Ball jumps maybe. Or Green Lantern. Or Warhammer Orcs & Goblins.

Okay, adding to the list.

Yeah, that seems silly to think they're absolute. Shame, that, there are some broken builds you could do if they worked exactly like in the game.

And a list with the perk descriptions, too? Nice.

youtube.com/watch?v=KEoGrbKAyKE

I remember one jump that made you actually immortal, the unkillable kind. It was some asian video game? I believe it had warrior in the name, but I might be wrong on that.

>Hellgirl gets 1000cp of stuff, and that's assuming she also gets the crown Hellboy has. Probably worth a bit more than the normal companion creation, if only barely? But I wouldn't say 200.
Wait, I missed a line. Nevermind, Hellgirl's the only one who's solidly worth the 200cp, with 1700cp of stuff.

A jump without at least one pun is a sad thing indeed!

Dragon Ball Z (Obviously)
Sburb

Lost Odyssey perhaps?

I'm not sure timeline stuff would work, honestly, since it's the universe being sped up and dying naturally that does it. The characters who got through this stuff were either using the setting's rules on how subjective time works to separate the personal timeline of wherever they were holed up in from the universe's or causing said universal reset in the first place. Some way of hopping out of the sped up universe should do the trick. Alternatively, try following the heroes. If you get yourself into Morioh or Desolation Row, you'll pretty much be safe from all the time fuckery, at the cost of being dangerously close to DIO and Kars.

About island level physicals and speed fast enough to dodge an attack that happened within a time stop as soon as time moves again, together with bullshit bodily control and shapeshifting. The biggest thing for the Jorge versions of ultimate beings is that they can Understand powers they observe sufficiently, which so long as they have the basic potential for it, allows them to immediately gain that power and massively upgrade it into an Ultimate variant.

I'm really tempted to do the Main Character booster+Window in the Wall, then also get Alibi Lock, because I think that fits well thematically, then some combination of drawbacks to reach 400 CP. Maybe including the "you can't control your powers" drawback, because losing control of meta-abilities and the ability to go anywhere instantly 『sounds like a lot of fun.』

However, I actually dislike meta stuff. Since Medaka Box is a very meta setting and I tend to dislike jumping settings that I'm not familiar with, I may ultimately end up skipping this one.

I had the interesting idea of using Abnormal Growths on Window in the Wall. The end result would be Jumper eventually becoming "real" and unable to return to the world of fiction, their chain ending with them as a normal person in a normal world with a normal life.

>So long as it's infuriating to try to kill me, I'm happy.
Ah, then you should also look into Rolling Counter from Mother, and Personal Shield from NES Pack.

I disagree with you and find the Companions fairly priced as they are.

I have those already, actually. I've got a whole separate list of perks for interacting weirdly with damage, and another for immunity to exotic forms of attack. A third for forcing status effects and debuffs on enemies, too. I'm dedicated to this bit of being an annoying boss fight. But thank you for the suggestion, all the same.

Wow, that didn't have warrior in the title at all! But yeah, that's the one. Even if you die, you respawn in five minutes, all for the low price of 200 cp, and a possibly shitty single jump. You can't be "completely annihilated" and still live, but there's perks to help with that. Basically, if you really reeeeeally want to live, it's the pick for you

Ah, alright then. Along the lines of more 1-ups, there's also Quarter Muncher from Metal Slug.

>I've got a whole separate list of perks for interacting weirdly with damage
Sound interesting. Mind posting it?

For the Medaka Box update, post builds, hmm?

That is your fair right. Do you have any arguments supporting this?

Because I just at them and wonder why you wouldn't just build a lot of them with the general option to get companions... Everything except the Supernatural Partner, Hellgirl, and the Elemental can be build for cheaper with that (Not counting the Twin, because what they get depends entirely on how you spend your own cp).

More than half of the 200 ones fit inside the normal budget for companions you create, with cp to spare. I just... don't see how that could be a fair price?

Jumpers, which of your adventures does this song best go with?

youtube.com/watch?v=6f7pgA0riU8

If you're willing to use that (((jump))), the Medaka Box update has a couple perks which allow you to set your powers to activate automatically/upon meeting certain conditions.

>jumper blows their brains out because nothing will compare to the adventures that ultimately amounted to nothing

nailed it

QQ Jumps

Animal Crossing

How can you justify going to settings like Medaka Box and Marvel without injecting the "everything in this setting is canonically not actually real" meta into your chain/story?

You can't.

>56048259
>56048280
1 minute, 1 second apart

>Marvel without injecting the "everything in this setting is canonically not actually real" meta into your chain/story?
Explain.

So?

Dead/Gwen Pool.

What're the best one-handed firearms in the Chain? You know, revolvers and pistols and the like.

The revolver offered in Hellboy and the Dredd sidearm are pretty sweet.

Sure. So first you have any sort of HP bar perk. Not actually taking injuries but just having damage lower an abstract health bar is great, means you're always operating at full capacity and really infuriate enemies that can't seem to actually harm you, as far as they know. There are lots of things for this, I used to use Heart of Steve from Minecraft because it negated any damage that did less than 5% of your total HP, but now I just use Gamer's Body because it's been made obsolete by...

Personal Shield, from NES Super Pack. Any attack that deals less than 10% of your HP is negated. Awesome, now you're immune to chip damage, lots of tiny attacks mean nothing.

On a similar note, Hyper Armor from Majikoi. It prevents chip damage on a vaguer level (just blocking "minor attacks", leaves up to you to put hard numbers on that) and also has the effect that you're immune to knockback, flinching or hit stun from attacks. Means you can't be interrupted. Glittering Gold from Nier: Automata has a similar effect, but trades chip damage immunity for an overall durability increase of several hundred fold. Nice.

Rolling Counter from Mother is obvious, damage is on a delayed counter. Works really well with continuous regeneration, in theory your healing can outpace the rate at which damage ticks down.

Guts from Monster Hunter makes it so that as long as your health is above 70% of total, any attack that would kill you outright instead reduces you to 1 HP. Combine with regeneration and this is really easy to abuse.

And those are the only ones I've got set as certain for my build. I'm considering maybe adding Dragon Eater from Waltraute to force people to deal with my awkwardly-positioned weak spot. But that's not really necessary. The main point is to be immune to battles of attrition, anything else is just a nice bonus.

I'm partial to the Crotchshot Pistol from Kung Fury.

That, or pic related from Hellsing.

The one you made for yourself, user. A personal touch is lovely.

I am partial to the Smith & Wesson 629 from Black Dynamite. Loud, infinite ammo, no recoil.

Jumpers, how do you deal with Death? How do you teach your followers to deal with it? Welcome it as an old friend when the time comes... Or rage, rage against the dying of the light?

Depends on if we're dealing with the sort of death that takes you to the afterlife or the sort of death that's just oblivion.

Jump # 142 Moana
Background: Not a Princess (100)
Perks:
*Born to the Chiefs (0)
*We know where we are (100, Discount)
*A sky full of Stars (200, Discount)
*Chosen (300, Discount)
Equipment:
*Island Paradise (400)
*Cave of Answers (200, Discount)
Drawback:
*We were voyagers (+ 300)

(I have no idea what the heck I am doing sorry)

It is a terrible feeling to always feel like you are missing something. To feel like you have forgotten something. Despite being well loved in my home village I always felt alone. I knew somewhere out there that there was something important to me.

No one went beyond the reef that was the rule. Still I felt drawn there as if a part of me. An important part of me lay somewhere far beyond the reef.

It wasn’t hard to “barrow” ok, steal a boat. I doubt they would even miss a single canoe. Then though it wasn’t the wisest thing to do I headed out to the sea alone. I packed as many provisions as I could though I had no idea how long I would be gone.

My sailing skills weren’t great, something I learned as the clear blue skies darkened and soon I was face to face with a huge storm and ocean tossed and turned around me. Honestly I thought I would be lost among the waves. It was here after my canoe tipped over that I learned I could breath under water.

(to be continued)

GBE, weapon of mass destruction in handgun form.

Everything is in a quantum state of fiction/nonfiction. Jumpchain allows you to travel through an infinite omniverse. Some of those worlds are fictional in our world, some of those worlds exist within in a dream, and others yet have our world as a fictional location. In the context of a chain, everything is real, since we're there. If we're there it has to be real on some level, even if transient.

Death is a qt

I knew that I had always been a little strange though I was reluctant to show it off I was stronger than any of the men in the village despite my small frame.

I eventually washed up on an island. Unfortunately it was filled with wild animals and monsters.

Strangely most of the monsters and animals didn’t bother me seeming to accept my presence unless I attacked them (I was hungry and they looked edible… they were surprisingly tasty when cooked right by the way)

I fought a crab the size of a house, tearing up a palm tree and using it like a club to knock the crab on to it’s back. Strangely it complained and begged me not to leave it like that. I poked it with the tree until it flipped back over. It said a few choice words to me then skittered off.

Once I was certain monster island did not hold the secrets I was looking for I fashioned a new boat with what tools I could create and gathered what provisions I could.

I went from island to island searching, years passed. I fought demons and monsters on my travels. I even somehow helped a girl from my village return the heart of a goddess and stop the decay that was spreading everywhere.

(To be continued)

I think I see your point. Would reducing the cost of upgrading the 200 CP companions that can be upgraded to 100 CP make them better, in your mind?

The Dark Mentor is also meant to effectively have the "Bureaucratic Nightmare" and "Good, Solid Word" perks and is also meant to be a Hitler, increasing his cost with comedy value, but I had a hard time fitting those words into his description and making it sound natural. I'm not sure how to buff him up.

Assassin could use a bit of a buff, yeah. Would giving him "It's A Hoax!" be enough?

I feel like the Ghost is fine if I lower the price, since Golden Army soldiers are pretty beefy.

In about half of settings, death isn't actually the end. And it's especially not for the jumper, as in the worst case scenario, you just get sent home. Obviously, that's not something you'd want to happen, but there are worse things. So just deal with it?

A high five, an awkward hug, and its time to move on. Whatever remains be it an afterlife and nothingness, time to go.

My search however ended at an inhabited island not far off from where I started. The locals spoke of a cave. The cave of answers. It seemed to be my last hope. I went down there ready for anything…

I was not ready for a singing waterfall. I admit that caught me a little off guard.

Instead of showing me the history of the world though it showed me the history of… me.

Apparently I really wasn’t even from this world. I was a Jumper, a world traveler. I had been both hero and villain, I had fought gods, ruled nations, and changed the course of history countless times with my actions.

I also learned of my incredible powers but most incredibly I learned of my friends who I quickly recalled. My wives, my daughter, the rest of my friends who were really family I called them all and there was much hugging and a tearful reunion on my part which caught them by surprise.

I couldn’t believe I had forgotten them, though somehow I had still missed them all this time.

Now reunited with my friends I recounted my tale to them and then we sailed for home. Well at least my home in this world.

>Medaka Box
I was under the impression that Ajimu is just nuts, and the "nothing is real" stuff doesn't apply unless you buy the perk?

Certain people are just insane and wrongly think that they're characters in a comic book.

By making it (by that I mean that particular jump) a self-insert fan fic by the benefactor of the jumper's chain up to that point.

I hold the opposite opinion, and think that getting a companion with CP value three to four times their cost is just fine.

How good would the golden army be in exalted?

In all likelihood, we're living in a simulation in real life. So, uh, why should I care?

Thinking about buying the boosted Window in the Wall from Medaka Box. Thoughts?

Post RWBY builds

>Not understanding that it's a metaphor for getting off Veeky Forums and going outside
Losing supernatural stuff at the end of a story is not an uncommon theme in fiction.

Um. She actually manipulates the medium she's in (or at least is drawn to, it's weird) and MB is pretty damn meta. I wouldn't count on it.

>Reveal Grammar Nazis

I'd bang cat milf.

It's not uncommon, but it's stupid.

Mmm. I might wait for other people to chime in. I'm less worried about how much each companion gets and whether each companion of the same pricing tier gets around the same value/use, barring the Twin which is weird and dependent on how much you invest in yourself.

It vastly increases the risk of someone getting fed up with you and erasing you with a pencil

On the other hand, you can complain about your waifu not getting enough screen time and, though you may possibly need another perk to do it, hanging out in the space between comic panels is comfy as fuck.

He's not a pervert, his thing is that he's depressed and always talking about how much of a pathetic worthless loser he is. He's basically defined by self destruction despite how powerful he is, he's constantly trying to sabotage himself (he will never let himself win or change his situation no matter how easy it would be) and others for slights (like being a main character.)