40k anime

Am I the only one who thinks that the 40k setting would work well as an anime?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=jbBm8nJKr_Y
youtube.com/watch?v=THFxKwUrBYY
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

I'd watch it

Yep, a unique and irreplaceable iconoclast

I thought that didn't post, sorry

That's ok, I'm just funnin.
What kind of anime? Like Record of Lodoss War or Fist of the North Star? I'd watch Cromatie High with Orkz

As long as Squats return, I am happy.

Fuck off, weab.

Check out Grimgar of Fantasy and Ash. I'd like something like that that follows a squad of SM in Ork territory.

Anime is gay

nice dubs, have some squats

ANY

DAY

NOW

JACK?!

As a retarrrd can you elaborate? I don't understand.

It's a cool concept for a horus heresy series that will obviously never happen

Is there a photo with names though?

40k would work with fucking anything It works as comic books but GW is to retarded and barely makes them

A CG series like Star Wars clone wars would god tier

youtube.com/watch?v=jbBm8nJKr_Y

>Some of those selections are not shit.

You can tell these castings were made by a milennial

Do you want 60 year old lookin primarchs?

40k would best work as a 300+ episode series done like pic related

I'd rather not have a bunch of meme actors who look like they were picked by a 19 year old girl.

You dont even need a narrative heavy cartoon for crying out loud just get good animation and make it pure action.

youtube.com/watch?v=THFxKwUrBYY

>no based mel gibson as Russ
Shit list

mel gibson is old and would freak out when he realized islam is dead in 40k

No.

Mel hates Islam though... what are you talking about? Actually he would be a good Kor Pheron since he thinks all non Catholics will go to hell irregardless of what they do in life.

Imagine wasting your life enough to know who any of these people are.

anime ruins everything, it is an abomination.

Most of them are well know actors to the majority of people, tell us how you knowing the 3rd edition stats of a vorpal blade is somehow less pathetic

I recognized 3 of them and I watch maybe 5 movies a year

Horus Heresy as a long running shonen series would work

Only if they take a legend of the Galactic heroes+fist of the northern star approach

Ciaphas Cain would also make a great anime protagonist

It depends on the execution of all the overacting burly men yelling at each other.

What's Sandy doing right now?

Mel cried when israel was bombing lebanon. It's what his drunken meltdown was over.

>triple H vs Sting
>this is unironically how primarchs are depicted in bl nu-hh
The world is incredible.

Actually, yes.
As much as a live action horus heresy would be amazing, it's still impossible by today's standards. The sets, the costumes, or even just the scenes in general would have to be 99% cgi. GoT gets away with most of that because, for every sprawling cgi background, there's still an actual place they can go to to film. Imperial architecture is just too fucking crazy to film.

However, 40k would work brilliantly as an anime, though it would have to be styled in such a way that it looks sort of like the source material instead of 90% of the other anime all made by like what, only 2 different companies?

Most of the focus could be put on artwork and animation, and it would be easier to find proper actors that don't cost millions of dollars per record.

All guardsmen party, heros if the tau Empire or nothing.

Gotta see me some fem-Tink.

Nothing work well with anime

Considering space marines are super fast, super strong, and super durable they'd make for perfect anime characters. Complete with over the top swordfights and fistfights.

Kharn the Anime would be baller

The setting makes it way too hard to make it live action, unless you focus on Imperial Guard or something. Arch was talking about something like this recently, a TV series about an Imperial Guard regiment, it could work, but I think an Anime would be even better.

The scale, the style, the sheer absurdity of the setting don't go well with live action, but CG stuff like that Inquisitor thing by that Erasmus' guy team or an anime/cartoon would fit perfectly with WH40k.

I would really love to see the Horus Heresy made into a series, imagine the Primarch battles.
When I see the villains from One PunchMan I always think that is what a Primarch battle would look like, that guy Boros is pretty much a Daemon Prince, he has a battle barge, minions, is ridiculously strong, they wouldn't even have to come up with anything, just base it off the books and add a lil bit of anime flavor. I would accept if it was made by the people that make the DC animated movies, they make good animation, especially when it comes to fights.

>40k anime

> Islam is dead in 40k

What? Khornates are thriving!

>Kharn the Anime would be baller
Even his dialogue is perfect for anime with his heavy russian accent.

outside of battle he is a chill dude even when being provoked
>Loken: You are no warriors, You are butchers.
>Kharn smiling: Honesty is rare these days, Captain Loken. Yes, we are, and we are proud because we are good at it. My Primarch is not ashamed of what he does best, so neither am I.

While in battle
>Kharn in the middle of his incoherent rage: I AM THE EIGHTFOLD PATH!!

/pol/ stop this.
It's disrespectful to Khorne

But it would be crazy expensive.

I don't get why you would bother trying to cast the primarchs, since they are more or less an after thought in the story and are more or less guaranteed to be irrelevant to any actual 40k shit.

yeah nevermind that three of them have models and rules in 40k

>Horus Heresy ends
>Now we have the Scouring Arc
>Scouring ends
>Now we have the War of the Beast Arc
>Beast killed
>Now we have the Beheading Arc
Sounds about right.

>the T'au arc

> One of those stupid multi part mini side story stories that take away from the actual story and piss everyone off.

>Since January
>None of them have really done anything
>Brontosaurus Cawl did most of it

Bakugo looks like the ideal Khornate

Combine HBO's resources with GW's experience in moneygrabbing and after two seasons they could buy Google.

No the characters are not interesting enough for a show, they're not relatable, unless you want to follow something boring like Imperial Guard.

imagine wasting your life enough that you know all the ones on the left but not the right lmao

only if extremely tongue-in-cheek and done mostly following the point of view of orky orks doing orky things

I want a Genndy Tartakovsky 40k series.

Imagine wasting you life enough to know who those characters are.
How's your moms basement today?

Please god no HH tv show, I never want to imagine how badly CGI primarchs would be fucked up.

Just give us band of brothers with Guard fighting Xenos and occasional support with other branches of the Imperium such as the Admech or Navy.

Fuck I started watching this and never finished it despite really enjoying it. Looks like I know how I'm spending my free time today, cheers user.

Patrician taste user. I like it.

Yes, it would probably be cheap to make.
Clone Wars tier CGI would be nice, but too expensive, and Western Animation hasn't been good for this kind of story since the mid 90s.

Would you mind telling me where you watched it?

I didnt even know this was something i wanted until now

The funny thing is, most of the work is done already. No need for design work, when you have years worth of source material.

Also, how many drugs would you need to take before you make turrets on a ship which can shoot at it's own hull?

i wouldn't go for Primarch stuff, i would have the show focus on an inquistor and his lackies
Casting:

>inquisitor
our mc, a grizzled youth. typical spikey haired protag. he wields psychic powers as well as a bolt pistol. can be downright evil at times.

>space marine
a space marine whose entire chapter got destroyed, he is working for the inquisitor until his geneseed can make more space marines. the most based character, his sense of honor seems to come from his chapter and is hinted at causing their downfall. Wields his chapter master's thunder hammer, and wrist bolter.

>female vindicare
a vindicare sniper with deep mental issues, she is mute and cannot talk. deep body scaring has left her pretty beat-up, think slyvie from teaching feeling. talks with sign language, marine is the one who actually learned sign language, has to write to talk to the others.

>an imperial scribe
a fat robe wearing scribe. does the info work. a trained diplomat and medic. Secretly depressed. wields a digi-melta and hidden flak grenades. second nicest character

watch as they burn heretics in hellsing fashion as the space marine pops peoples heads off with his hammer. watch the mc be a huge jerk to everyone. watch the vindicare deal with her issues and muteness. watch the scribe slowly be less depressed.

It'd be great. His style is perfect for it.

The first mistake every retard makes when they dream about 40k Media is they want to make it about space marines, or primarchs.

This is a dumb fucking idea. Space Marines are just, fucking out there. You can't expect audiences to wrap their heads around them - not if you do them any accuracy or justice. Space Marines as characters need to be used sparingly, their arrival should be an oh shit moment. They should always be referred to reverently as The Astartes or The Angels of Death or some shit.

The focus of the story should be some Guardsman. Preferably one fresh off an agriworld who doesn't know shit about shit. He enlists, we have an entire series of episodes thats just him going through basic enroute to whatever warzone he's gonna get fucked at. Meanwhile POLITICS happens around him. Dark things lurk on the horizon.

And then they make planet-fall and you murder half the cast. Brutally.

Where do you think you are

>Salamanders, what lies beneath your feet?

Most serious fans know this but everyone acknowledges that Marines are the poster boys and most media will continue to focus on them.

fine, then make it about a LONE marine, lost in a warzone

>inquisitor
a little too anime but it can work
>Spece marhine
I really want to shit on you for being a thunderfag. But then I remember it's relic's fault that two-handed demonhammers are considered interchangeable and want to imagine you mean a one-handed piece
>female assassin
Make Her Not Quiet.
>Scribe
needs to be the umber aemos of the show. More moral and grounded in human terms then the SM

>Am I the only one
Yes.

>inquisitor
Maybe i didn't explain how much of a jerk he is. Completely sociopathic reaching levels of "acceptable causalities" that would make the high lord of the imperial guard look like a chump.

>space marine
Rorschach levels of moral stubbornness. Think if the black templar were questing knights. Willing to die to further the imperium, or to protect it's citizens. Remember that space marine nice isn't human nice

>assassin
Like two lines per episode, tops. Assassin templates are basically the worst place to grow up, and it shows on her character.

>scribe
Pretty based dude, normal(ish) childhood, feels emotions, isn't a walking angel of death and destruction. As an acolyte he is still willing to pull out his laspistol and cap some heretics.

Assassin temples* thanks autocorrect.

Are you saying this isn't how you Rogue Trader?

Because that's a dream booking for a Horus Heresy series, where the primarchs matter significantly more.

I think the Japanese would do Chaos far, far better than GW and 99% of the Western fan base. As in, making it morally complex and attractive instead of just insanity and babykilling.

See Berserk, on that front.

As far as the plot+cast goes, I think a multi-faction team of humies, Eldar, and Tau (and Squats) going on Rogue Trader adventures would be the best fit.

Make the RT an insecure girl, and the only guy members old gruff badasses. Keep the ultraviolence but don't spring it till Nids show up in ep. 3 to kill off several crew members.

>crew members
>dieing

This is what you have the red tunic guard for ladies and gentlemen.

As an anime? Could be interesting if done right. Follow a young kid from a hive city, selected for space marine, follow through all the massive surgeries, training, etc., dies to first fight against orks or nids.

I'd say he's more slaaneshian due to always striving to be the best.

That would be one episode. Otherwise no one would ever stick to the series

Make it like Black Mirror, show the stupid grim darkness but each episode is about something different.

Niggah you would need a budget the size of the GDP of some third world country to cast all these popular actors for more than an occasional cameo.

Animation is probably the only way to realise the 40k universe in all it's splendour. There's lot's of cool angles to; you can go for scale and drama with one of the great campaigns retold in a space opera style, a Rogue Trader series would really let you show all the weird and wonderful things the setting has to offer if the MC wasn't expecting to inherit the letter then all the better because they'll need everything to be explained to them, hell the animated adventures Ciaphas Cain would be a scream.

Not enough pointless sex, sorry.

Literally the only way you could do the Horus Heresy. Always thought it would be cool though.

Season 1 - Great Crusade, origins of key legions and Primarchs, (Luna Wolves, Word Bearers, Ultras etc.). Build up how important the Emperor was for all of this. Dunno if it would be better to end it on Ullanor and Horus becoming Warmaster or with Istvaan, but it would just depend on how long they're expecting to milk it for.

Literally any other story would be better in live action.

I'm not /pol/ but he was actually stressing over jews imposing themselves on the middle east. He also had a "meltdown" over jews in hollywood how they tend to hire more jews then non jews.

Mel gibson has been shamed by jews ever since.

At one episode you could have
>on a small not very important planet, focus on a few members of the PDF, slowly showing them dealing with a small Xenos infestation.
>Inquisition shows up, turns out the infestation was part of a smuggling deal between the local government and the Tau
>Exterminatus is considered but the Inquisitor grants the population mercy, killing only the political leaders and sending the entire population to forced labor/Imperial Guard.

On another
>Follow the struggle of a group of small criminals on a hivecity trying to escape a clash between chaos cultists and arbitrators.
>The cultists are defeated, the corruption is rooted out and the main characters end up dying with the last survivor getting killed by the arbitrators.

On yet another
>Show the horrible process of turning a boy into an Astartes, with all the gruesome trans-humanist details, memetic indoctrination and then have him be sent to his home planet to bring down the Imperial Justice to figures that were known to him, finishing the job as the monster he became and feeling nothing.

So many things that can be done with WH40k, the Rogue Trader idea that a few anons mentioned could work too in order to have both main characters and a plot and the diversity of scenarios and planets. As for animation, anime would be cool, but western animation would fit just as well, only live action would be a no no.

>See Berserk, on that front.
>see just insanity and baby killing

But wait, that's dumb. The Apostles are usually bad guys who do evil shit but 100% of them had actual reasons for going bad, and Griffith actually improves the condition of humanity in a number of ways.

Yeah, they are antagonists, but they're a little bit more nuanced than 'le spools for bone throne ;)'

>Muh glorious nippon superior storytelling
There are good writers and bad writers in every country. Most anime writing is pretty lacking in complexity when you get down to it.

God, I hope so

>40k anime of horus heresy
>almost every character has varying degrees of autism
>half the characters are edgelords, either dark and brooding or irrationally violent
>daddy issues everywhere
>women, where present, are waifus
>endless hordes of poorly rendered blobs of dudes on each side dying uselessly
>at least one villain and one hero look ridiculously good looking, allowing for maximum yaoi ships
>dialogue is almost always yelling loudly about honour and betrayal and shit
>evil characters like to laugh a lot and talk about how evil they are
>swords AND explosions AND sometimes even SPACE MAGIC
>ultimate tier powerhouse character is built up the entire series, fights once, gets absolutely facefucked because of cripplingly retarded reasons and ultimately does nothing interesting

Shit it's so perfect, I can imagine some 15yo kid editing a music video of it to Manowar as we speak.

This is genuinely the most retarded shit possible in the history of man. You should feel ashamed for willingly posting this.

>Niggah you would need a budget the size of the GDP of some third world country to cast all these popular actors for more than an occasional cameo.
You mean a dozen third world countries at the very least?

Lol, you actually believe that company shills will stick to the actual lore and not inject women into a lot of the key characters roles.

>inb4 emps is played by Maisie Williams or some shit cause got