Pathfinder General /pfg/

Pathfinder General /pfg/

Kicking and punching edition

Do you like playing unarmed characters? If not, how would you change them to make them more palatable for you? Tell about your characters who liked to go for a good old fashioned fisty cuffs fight over metal poking competition.

/pfg/ Link Repository: pastebin.com/fr9piFCi
Current Playtests: pastebin.com/vK9njh31

Old Thread:

Other urls found in this thread:

giantitp.com/forums/showthread.php?520046-Drop-Dead-Studios-Spheres-of-Might-Open-Playtest&p=22506859#post22506859
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

Just make fool's errand default for all unarmed characters.

> If not, how would you change them to make them more palatable for you?
A way to be effective at it and also Strength based.

Yes, but not in D&D/PF

I'm gonna hit them DDS designers with the cold hard truth that their Mystic archetype doesn't actually work. Wish me luck

Post a link so we can watch

giantitp.com/forums/showthread.php?520046-Drop-Dead-Studios-Spheres-of-Might-Open-Playtest&p=22506859#post22506859

The problem with them is that they ARE strength based though. Literally in classes focused for being unarmed they have other focus stats they need and then just Strength for fucking damage- unless you give a shit about your Athletics/Climbing/Swimming scores, as if you aren't going to put Ranks into those.

>Someone asks in paizoblog if he can, as certain class, do something
>Tell him he can't
>Dude replies to me saying he can if he muticlasses
>Tell him, ok, but he isn't asking for muticlass, he's asking if certain class can do the thing, and he can't
>Get banned
The fuck?

Use path of war

>Sslarn misses the point of every complaint

pottery

I very much enjoy unarmed characters. I'd like to play more of them, and possibly with not broken disciplines someday!

>Spent most of his time counting arcana instead of reading the post
Sslarn. Sslarn never changes.

>tfw Initiative 10+ and still go the last in every combat which means I get uberfucked because all my armor comes from Dex and dodge

>bitched at someone for doubleposting their feedback in the GitP thread and the document itself
>didn't even check to see if it was the same person
>didn't even actually respond to the actual contents of either sets of feedback, both of which were saying different (albeit similar) things

Time to dip 2 levels into Barb.

Can't, won't be able to keep leveling in monk

Learn to roll better scrub.

Hit the gym. No excuses.

Well, nigga, you shit outta luck, unless you have 4 levels you can spare into rogue.

>literally over 80% of the "females" in the discord are trans
What is it exactly about this hobby that attracts the mentally disabled? I'm tired of being surrounded by losers.

I don't know, but maybe you can offer some first hand insight?

Escapism.

If you're tired then leave.

Real women don't want to deal with the autism, and since the people who act popular within a community are attention whores, they fake having a mental illness so people will orbit them.

Does lelsorandom count as a mental illness? Because I think one of the "women" might actually have that.

Yes, everyone knows about Luna.

>trans
>mentally disabled

that's some low quality bait user

looks like Magus mystic discussion is heating up

Just become non-lawful for those two levels and go back to being lawful when you want to level Monk again. You lose out on rage, but eh... it's ok.

I'm going to need to start drinking if I'm going to try to talk to Sslarn anymore.

I'll handle this user.

Mystic is very close to being very good, it just needs a push and an alteration

>Mystic is very close to being very good, it just needs a push and an alteration

It already fucked up by completely replacing/removing Spell Combat, though

I know. Which is why I'm trying to get them to add it back in via Talent Blending /which is the same fucking thing but for Mageknight/.

Brief question as I’ve been out of the loop on PF for about nine months or more now. Did Paizo ever release a book with a feat in it that allowed clerics to turn/rebuke outsiders (e.g. demons, angels, etc.). I have a memory of seeing a feat that allowed it somewhere, but I cannot for the life of me remember where, and I’m half wondering if I made it up without knowing.

Keeping the option to full attack on the table is something it should still have, desu

No, but Luna probably does have depression, anxiety, histrionics, and maybe a dash of BPD.

Why not that one feat in the War handbook? Mystic Assault I think it was called?

Yep. It allows you to spend a spell point to replace the first attack in your iteratives with a sphere ability or supernatural. A second feat removes the spell point cost. It's generally not popular, as it's not as good as the primary class feature of the magus, though it is a lot more flexible.

>Serious deviation from the average person that has detrimental effects on their lives and those around them, often accompanied by other mental problems such as depression, anxiety, bi-polar disorder, body image problems, and a variety of other disorders

user, I'm not even saying that trans people aren't real, but it is literally a mental disorder.

Do special abilities (extraordinary, spell-like, and supernatural) take up spell slots?
For example, if I was playing a sorcerer, and I had 2 spell slots, if I were to take something like elemental ray, would that take up a spell slot?
Sorry if it's a really stupid question, I'm really new to this and I didn't want to be wasting a spell slot when I didn't need to

This is a SoM/SoP hybrid archetype, which means by definition it's going to interact with the attack action, not full-attacks. There's no point arguing for that shit.

New comer,

How do I keep track of monsters feats ? Do I ignore them, are most of them already implemented, do I have to go check for each one of them every time ? Im lost and confused...

Well it should still have fucking options open, if every other class is going to have options open.

No, please learn to read. Seriously.

Why on earth would you even think that?

Tell me about an obscure item that you like.

You!

Fuck you, man.

If you yell at people for asking questions then they 'll just never figure things out.

No, but can be tied to them, such as skald's Spell Kenning.

Infinite Scroll Case. It's 3.5 technically, but it's so good!

Hey guys, I am making an Elf Sorcerer that is a huge fucking snob that always brags about his noble blood and thinks he is the absolute shit. but he actually really cares about his team and party but is afraid to show it because he thinks that's a bit weak what should his name be? I want something ridiculously long and grandiose

But they don't. SoM Monk loses full-attack flurry for extra attack on attack action flurry for example.

Toothpick of Pyrotechnics. Shit's good even in midgame, man.

>Need to ask questions to figure anything out
Maybe they could exercise a bit of critical thinking on the subject and then realize it's retarded without needing to ask another person.

Jeorge Remulos, pronounced with a French accent.

Sounds like a shit character right out of an anime...

I just wanna play a really fucking snobby sorcerer so I can look down upon the peasants senpai

I am totally good with Unchained Monks and Witches of Strength who are Changelings (Witchborn 4lyfe) or Catfolk.

well then it's a damn good question as to why they're bothering with the SoM magus if they're going to remove that, given other classes do its new gimmick way better

Still dude it sounds like you gonna be "that guy" with this character.

Stikup His'Ars

There is a difference between a snob and someone that is actively difficult to work with.

Anybody ?

Go to d20pfsrd or just download the Bestiary if you really need to.

Bonfire bead

In stat blocks they usually have already added static buffs from feats and whatnot, but some that need to be activated somehow (Power Attack and Arcane Strike) or are situational (Mobility, Endurance) they tend to not include or how a side note in saves or skills how much they are in those situations.

Advanced Player's Guide, Planar Channel.

It's easier to just answer a question than yell at someone on the internet.

Feats for monsters are generally added into the statblock if they have a static effect (dodge, iron will, quicken spell like ability, etc), but they are not if they require a choice to activate them (power attack, selective channel, quicken spell [not spell like ability]). So you should read through them. If the players are having too much of an easy time, you could optimize the monster's feats a little, since some make little sense.

This seems way too overpowered, they already have SQ, Special Abilities and Special Attacks, is it bad if I completely ditch their feats ?

Wrong, you fucking cum-guzzling faggot.

You're retarded.

Hi, you made Veeky Forums shit. Just so you know.

Yes, it is incredibly bad if you remove their feats. Their feats make a difference, and are generally not overpowered. If anything, monster feats are usually sub-par and could be optimized better.

Yes i'm retarded because I have to keep track of feats for every single monster, we're in the middle of the game, oh wait let me check my laptop for this feat since I don't have it's description in the stat block...

Feats are generally part of the balance as they are most of the time tied to the number of Hit Dice the monster has, much like players with class levels. You can make a monster weaker by removing feats or simply have them not use them (Such as a frost giant simply never using his power attack) or replace some feats (invoking the variant rule of monsters), but generally monsters are not designed to be that powerful if they are not meant to be boss monsters (Such as a yah-thelgaad who has spell-focuses on his most powerful spells which all come from the necromancy school being an example of a boss monster and a beast with high dex not having weapon finesse).

>Yes i'm retarded because I have to keep track of feats for every single monster

If you can't do that, then yes, you're retarded and shouldn't be GMing this game.

>Easy to use statblocks readily available online
>Every feat in them has a link directly to what the feat does
>Not doing any prepwork before the game at all
Yeah, pretty much confirmed as retarded. You're a shit Gm and a shit person, don't bother continuing.

Wew so edgy dude, d-d-dont dm my g-g-game !!

Oh so now you need Internet and a laptop to play a game of pen and paper, fuck off dude ! In case you cant fkn read I stated that I use the PHYSICAL BOOK.

Pathfinder fags are indeed the worse.

So I'm interested in playing a ugly frog monster called a neraphim in 3.5, what kinda class would be good for playing this frog man.

>I use the PHYSICAL BOOK.
>Giving Paizo your money
>When there is a completely free and easily accessible resource available at all times
Wew there gramps

>Posting on a website during the game
>Has the physical book infront of them, so can easily look things up as needed
>If this isn't enough, literally has internet access RIGHT NOW and access to the SRD with updated, easy to use statblocks
m8, c'mon now. Not only are you retarded, you cucked yourself by giving Paizo money? Just end it now, guy.

I said I used the physical book, didn't say anything about buying it, I could've had it as a gift or else.
Holy shit you furry fucks are so edgy it hurts.

Bard. Looks like a real people person.

>Posting on a website during the game

Who said I was in a game right now? You're an idiot.

>Furries
No.

Frogs are incapable of singing with their stupid wide mouths.

>Holy shit you furry fucks are so edgy it hurts.
You keep using these words, but I don't think they mean what you think they mean.

You appear to just be stringing insults together without any reason, context, segue, or understanding

>Am I retarded?
>Yes
>WOW SO EDGY FOR LITERALLY ANSWERING MY QUESTION

Then he shall croak like Pavarotti.

Sick hip-hop beats, however, are something many are fond of.

Calm your tits Bertha. This is the most immature and butthurt General I've ever seen on tg to date.

Fat fucks trying so hard to be edgy.

One day I shall be thin.
But you will always be stupid.

What happens as ork brawler if you went all out on their FCB?
What's the unarmed damage progression at lvl 25?

>trying so hard to be edgy
I would like you to actually provide your definition for "edgy" as you apparently seem to be operating under one that is not the standard and commonly accepted definition

And please, define as something other than "a thing I don't like or that has hurt my feefees"

Sure buddy.

I both hate you and love you for that gloriously stupid pun.

>Pshhh, nothing personel...kid
This is what you sound like when you post. Who's being edgy now?