youtube.com/user/PrivateerPressPrime

>Latest Errata: June 2017
files.privateerpress.com/op/2017/6.23.2017/Core-Rules-Errata-June2017.pdf

>Theme Forces:
files.privateerpress.com/op/errata/Theme Forces Sept2017v2.pdf

>Steamroller Rules
files.privateerpress.com/op/2017/LnL/Steamroller Rules 2017.pdf

>Table of contents for all NQ issues
privateerpressforums.com/showthread.php?4313-Table-Of-Contents-For-All-No-Quarter-Issues

>Lexicanum Iron Kingdoms Fluff wiki:
warmachine.lexicanum.com/wiki/Main_Page

>MK3 RULES:
files.privateerpress.com/allnewwar/Prime-Digest-Rules-2016-v2.pdf
files.privateerpress.com/allnewwar/Primal-Digest-Rules-2016-v2.pdf
drive.google.com/folderview?id=0B5OHGgAx7q66NUdvUFp3LWVQRlE&usp=drive_web

>Warmachine/Hordes Army Creator (WHAC) .apk
charbon-et-charentaise.org/blog/content/app-release.apk

>latest NQ
www98.zippyshare.com/v/8ecC0GtB/file.html

What are your 20 and 25 point company of iron lists?

Other urls found in this thread:

humblebundle.com/books/warmachine-hordes-iron-kingdom-rpg-books
privateerpress.com/organized-play/game-rules-errata
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

>What are your 20 and 25 point company of iron lists?
Gonna need to see some rules first user.

Company of Iron sounded interesting at first, but it seems like cards and decks are going to be a significant part of the game which is a huuuge turnoff.

Get off tg with this dead game

Cards are how you boost and mini-feat, doesn't seem like a huge deal breaker. It doesn't sound like each player constructs their own deck, so it shouldn't turn into some kind of MtG weapons race.
Of course, I reserve the right to be wrong when PP does the next goddamn stupid thing.

>What are your 20 and 25 point company of iron lists?

light jack spam!!
squeeze 3 lights for 7p in a list + a 4p solo should be 25 points

[Theme] Disciples of Agony
>(Morghoul 1) Master Tormentor Morghoul [+30]
- Archidon [10]
- Basilisk Krea [7]
- Battle Boar [7]
- Cyclops Savage [7]
- Cyclops Savage [7]
- Cyclops Savage [7]
- Titan Gladiator [15]
Mortitheurge Willbreaker [0(4)]
Paingiver Task Master [0(3)]
Farrow Brigands (max) [15]
- Farrow Brigand Warlord [4]
Paingiver Beast Handlers (max) [7]

[Theme] Imperial Warhost
>(Makeda 3) Makeda & the Exalted Court [+24]
- Agonizer [0(6)]
- Archidon [10]
- Basilisk Drake [8]
- Basilisk Krea [0(7)]
- Cyclops Brute [8]
- Mammoth [38]
Bog Trog Mist Speaker [4]
Mortitheurge Willbreaker [4]
Paingiver Beast Handlers (max) [7]

[Theme] Masters of War
>(Mordikaar 1) Void Seer Mordikaar [+29]
- Archidon [10]
- Archidon [10]
- Basilisk Krea [7]
- Despoiler [19]
Feralgeist [2]
Legends of Halaak [8]
Paingiver Beast Handlers (min) [5]
Praetorian Ferox (max) [20]
Praetorian Swordsmen (max) [13]
- Praetorian Swordsman Officer & Standard [0(4)]
Swamp Gobbers Bellows Crew [2]
Tyrant Commander & Standard Bearer [0(6)]

Honestly Imperial Warhost is kind of retarded. You're not allowed to bring units, except you can brirng any one Minions unit you want. So alright, I'll just bring the good one that doesn't need support anyway, then a Mist Speaker with the Guidance change to support the Mammoth that now has Grievous Wounds. Meanwhile Morghoul1 is launching SPD10 MAT8 PS19 lights at heavies, and Mordikaar gets to grind even harder with all those extra points on the table.

These three themes feel like the only ones in Skorne you can play if you just generally own a bunch of Skorne stuff. Winds and Exalted require you to buy things you wouldn't otherwise own like multiples of Reivers and Immortals.

PRIVATEER PRESS IF YOU ARE READING THIS PLEASE ENACT THESE QUALITY OF LIFE CHANGES TO YOUR PISS-POOR GAME

>Influence
>Range increased to 14 OR Can now target friendly models, and is only offensive against enemies
Because seriously this is the worst spell in the game by a BIG margin.

>Obliteration
>Gains High Explosive
Again, awful spell. Same cost as Hellmouth but nowhere NEAR as powerful. Or what, are you meant to be throwing 5/6 fury a turn at an enemy heavy for a single boosted POW15 smack?

>Gang Fighter
>Change friendly faction to just friendly.
Because Minions solos are fucking shit.

>Zombify
>Change friendly faction to just friendly
Because Minions solos are fucking shit.

>PRIVATEER PRESS IF YOU ARE READING THIS
Why would they read shitposting threads on a GW forum?

I know for a fact that they've come here in the past and have taken feedback from here. I'm pretty sure they mentioned it in regards to the "big" errata that happened at the end of last year and the Great Skorne Errata™.

I know, but the threads weren't nearly as terrible back then. We had actual content where now we have only shitposting.

I just want to play skirmish game with big warmachine and warbeast. They are the reason I tried this game.
Battlegroup game appeared to be poorly balanced and The unofficial recon format (battlegroup+ 1 unit +1 solo) doesnt feel much better.
Standar format want me to buy 2 list of mostly different units blobs to not being counter listed to death.

Am I stupid to hope for a nice beast/jack wrestling format with the return of armlock move n'shit like that?

yeah but now you have the handicap of playing makeda3 you may as well concede.

try Xerxis2 in warhost with SPD9 archidons and stuff, its good shit

MoW is also an OP as fuck

Makeda3 isn't as terrible as people make out. Handing out Grievous Wounds to a Mammoth is much bigger than you're giving it credit for, not to mention you can cycle the upkeep between it and the Drake.

Totaly with you user.
I hope there will be some kind of company of iron expansion for small scale battles.
Something like:

Lesser Warlock/Caster with 3-4 Focus and 2-3 spells.
2-3 lights per list OR
1 Heavy per list
+ min size Units
+ Solos

75 point games are to big for my taste. But since all the casters were designed for that kind of game size they play weird in battlebox or small point game (35-50p)

Unfortunately there are only one lesser warcaster per faction (cygnar is op!) and some are even restricted. Una1 can only take flying beasts in her battlegroup.

> update war room for company of iron
> you need to rebuy all the cards for COI mode
> wtf
This wouldn't be so bad if the cards weren't exactly the same.

... right on schedule.

>1 Heavy per list

As Khador this would make little frozen tears in my eyes.

>le juggernaut is perfectly balanced faec :^)

At least let us take unstable khador jack as light.

They're not *exactly* the same. Some unit effects needed rephrasing for the new activation method at least.

Crap
Did not think about Khador and their heavies.

No character lights or heavies.
No Heavies with ARM higher than 18 then.
Khador must start with one randomly destroyed system.

Khador has man-o-war troops. They count as lights :D

>:D

>No Heavies with ARM higher than 18 then.
Khador must start with one randomly destroyed system.

That... doesnt sound very playable. Especialy if the format is jack-centered.

>Khador has man-o-war troops. They count as lights

Well we can already nearly play that in COI.

Who in the Iron Kingdoms even *has* "Infantry tank" doctrines, parceling out MBTs to troop sections?

Lael maybe. But that's just because I'd believe anything about Lael.

AH HA HA HA HA, you think they will change this when they specifically enacted those abilities to work this way for mkiii?

You think witchcroc doc will ever see play?

AH HA HA HA HA! PP doesn't care. You want your witch doc croc to not suck? Buy a new Minion faction, you fucking faggot. Oh you are finally enjoying the pigs and gators working together? BUY THEME you faggot!

AH HA HA HA HA

I'm sure they would if they could, but this is the best thing they had to piss away in penny-packets.

>hey, at least it got some mujeks

I've always played at 50 points and haven't really felt any casters are inappropriate for that level.

I got this 25 point list, I feel like Rise is really good in CoI.
Company of Iron Army

Trollblood - Borragan's band

25 / 25 Army Hand Size: 5

Fell Caller Hero - Commander - PC: 5
- Troll Axer - PC: 10

Kriel Warriors - Leader & 5 Grunts: 7
- Kriel Warrior Standard & Piper - Standard & Piper: 3

---

GENERATED : 10/25/2017 10:28:38
BUILD ID : 2052.17-10-13

Oooh... the Axer is a range 2 pow14 thresher. New god of battles.

>well, that's Thorn
>but I get the feeling somebody is going to be quoting Sean Bean soon enough

>one lesser per faction
CoC cries oily tears in the corner, but for real I would be so down for this shit if I could play it with an "updated" model

With no Heavies, I don't think that's a thing.

Heavies big claim to fame was being a good way to kill heavies. Incidentally they were hell on heavy infantry. Take that out and it *really may be* Man of War-world. with Reciprocators and Perforators striding around like they own the place.

They want you to buy faction decks you already spent money on for CoI? Wtf. It's the same cards. Fuck that

It's literally 3 bucks at worst for a faction user.

I mean, it's $3 for a faction card set in which the ADO still says it's a channeler for warcasters. So I mean, why pay extra for cards that they didn't even update?

Have you tried playing a real faction instead of a meme faction?

There's some subtle differences in that I've noticed.

I'd say they made a decision not to remove things from models that were merely irrelevant. For ex, arcnodes would still have arcnodes. Just no warcasters to use them with.

I mean... give him something else then? If you're trying to make all models who CAN be in CoI be viable, why leave the ADO with only rules that can't be used?

I think they left it all all models who can be in CoI be included.

>commander benefits pretty much eclipse rules-on-card for a 2-point solo, you know
>he's just the cheapest possible way to have a living commander

>ok how in the secret name of the goddess did a fucking Accretion Servitor get a higher rank in this cult than me?
>It was Aurora's childhood dolly. They raised it up along with her so she wouldn't feel singled out. Iron Mother has... issues.

ok anons... Most inappropriate commanders for Company of Iron.

Incubus.

>quaid... start the reactor... use your priority

>Who in the Iron Kingdoms even *has* "Infantry tank" doctrines, parceling out MBTs to troop sections?

Nobody, as far as I know. The lists you make are of a Warcaster's personally selected strike force (or whatever they can pull together when shit goes down) and are not representative of actual force composition in the Iron Kingdons. Most battles are fought with no warcaster support and way fewer jacks. Also I figure you see a disproportionate amount of elite troops in WM/Hordes games as compared to in-world lore. Most battles are probably just tons of trenchers shooting at Winter Guard with the occasional marshalled Jack.

Jack distribution is inconsistent and they're shuffled around to different fronts as needed. It's not like every platoon of Trenchers is issued X number of Grenadiers. Warcasters meanwhile exist mostly outside the normal force org chart can commandeer or requisition pretty much whatever they want. Even when he was nominally a lieutenant, Caine would just show up and say "gimmie all of your fighting robots and two squads of gun wizards, were gonna go do some dirt," and people would basically just go with it. Khadoran quartermasters have standing orders that if an evil old woman with a sack full of children shows up in a chicken-legged house, they should just give her whatever she wants and send the bill to High Kommand.

>Most inappropriate commanders for Company of Iron.

Trencher Patrol Dog IS a warrior solo.

I really hope dog commanders becomes a thing.

>Khadoran quartermasters have standing orders that if an evil old woman with a sack full of children shows up in a chicken-legged house, they should just give her whatever she wants and send the bill to High Kommand.
TBF, you don't just say "No" to said iron-clawed, children-bagging, chickenbot-housing nice old lady.

they didn´t even update the models?
wtf. what a rip off

The models are different user.

>went straight for the PGBH cheese
>they got to it first

Humble has a IKRPG/Warmahordes bundle up at the moment. Mostly pdfs, but also contains some vouchers for physical products:

humblebundle.com/books/warmachine-hordes-iron-kingdom-rpg-books

they are?
but the pigs look so bad, like 2005 models. way below the average quality

Kadoran War Dog isn't legal in CoI, since he's a warcaster attachment. But...
1: it's a causal/narrative game so who gives a shit.
2: in one of the demo videos, Oz said that they'd be putting out alternate stat cards for CoI specifically, starting with dismounted versions of all of the dragoons. War Dog seems like he could get some love there.

Let them fight

Does this mean a Protectorate force could be led by a Wrack? It's a warrior solo.

This reeks of desperation. High command isn't worth even the shipping cost.

Immobile models are banned.

>bark!
>what's that commander? You want us to take objective a?
>bark!
>yes sir!

how would a trollkin SotN list do without using the theme benefits? I've got a bunch of stuff and Bokra2 seems like he'd like to be able to cast 2 upkeeps for free, but I don't have anything that gets me bonuses in the theme force.

Yeah, not anywhere near as realistic as Captain Barkovich

Time for Plan B, I guess

>Sir, what are your orders?
>mmf! mmmmfghh!
>In your name!

Another great Protectorate commander

I am working on some heavily-conveyed Sword Knights, and Company of Iron seems like a good avenue to use them.

20 points:
8p min Sword Knights
8p Firefly Light warjack; had a reach weapon to enable the Sword Knights to Flank, but I'm a little worried about electrocuting them to death with bounces off of the gun.
4p either the Sword Knight UA or Archduke Runewood. Runewood is the better option, I think, since he can give Pathfinder and lends some more damage potential.

To get up to 25, I could max out the Sword Knights unit, add the UA, or throw in three Stormsmiths to get some more mileage out of that Firefly.

I was looking at Wracks earlier, and while I think you can include them in a CoI list, I don't think they actually do anything. There's no caster to pull the focus off of them, so they just sit there generating it every turn. They explode bigly when killed, but ranged attacks auto-miss them, so it'd be difficult to turn it to your advantage. Even more so since CoI scenarios only let you AD a limited number of models per side, so it might well just sit in your deployment zone.

Is the game bad?

>2006
wtf?

Nah, but it's a limited market card game.

>angry dust noises

The rules being in the $1 tier doesn't bode well.

Where are the COI rules? Are they not free like the others?

>BARK!
>What's that girl? The Journeyman has fallen down a well?
>BARK! BARK BARK!
>And the Winter Guard is on the move? Let's go, girl!

>wtf?
That Sword Knight render is fanart. SKs first came out in Escalation, way back in Mk.1 over a decade ago.
>proceeds top regale young whippersnappers with tales of mk.1: Skarrebomb winning at top of turn 1, Khador only had three jacks and we liked it fine that way, etc, etc

I just thought the very same thing. Then the Humble Bundle hit. Finally some good news.

A stickman from the Sentry Stone. If I'm not mistaken that would net you an infinitely recurring Commander, right?

It's fine. Mixed bag as usual with LCG style games, some expansions are definitely better than others, and the core game with no expansions is a little flat. But if your group already likes other deckbuilders you can definitely have a little fun with it.

How is the RPG? I saw the rules were a little dollar on humble bundle

Oh it's great.

There's no recursion in this game. Anything that would grant you an extra model instead just gives you a card.

Guys how do I make a Convergence CoI list.

I feel like Eradicators are a rock solid choice because they're fairly stout with some really good infantry killing power, and are fairly autonomous in terms of support. But just about any other unit or solo is dependent on synergy and at FA:1 I can't even spam servitors.

How the hell do I fill out the last 5-10 points in a meaningful way?

It requires a decent amount of house rules, I've been in a game for a year and we make it work, but it doesn't really work on it's own.

I think those are the PDFs with the fluff. A dollar is exactly what i'd pay for wmh fluff.

I think they'll be posting it soon. They're already selling printable CoI command decks on Drivethru.

I'm doing Steelsoul, Perforator Min., and a Diffuser since my meta has a lot of Khador and Man o' Wars

CAWCAW CAW CAW CAWCAW!

>How is the RPG?
I played a pretty long campaign and had a good time, but I chalk that up to a fun group. As far as systems go, it aunt my cuppa.
- Heavy focus on WM/Hordes-style tactical miniatures combat, not a lot of support for other types of games.
- That combat can become a slog if it includes enemies with DEF or ARM scores at the upper end. -
- Designing/balancing encounters is a lot of work for the GM.
- Character generation is fairly constrictive and needs to be houseruled to fit a wider variety of character concepts.
- Uneven distribution of content, for example alchemy has an entire weird subsystem which may never see play.
- Other gripes about math and design, happy to elaborate if you like.

I think the best application of it would be if you had a group of players who were fond of the Iron Kingdoms and used it as a way to play linked set piece skirmishes. The rules for skills are not robust enough to run social or investigative encounters very well.
Pic related it is my beloved PC: Balasar Bedlam, trollkin fell caller/man-at-arms.

Are they actually selling a download here? I'm trying to order it and it wants a physical address and makes me pick shipping options. I don't want a physical deck, I just want a download.

Company of Iron rules are up, user

privateerpress.com/organized-play/game-rules-errata

Look at the Requisition Cost sheet, anons.

That's what PP thinks about comparative model quality, I think.

>apparently pyg burrowers suck

I mean, only one of them can actually start off the game burrowed in CoI, so kinda?

Huh. Krea's are the only skorne light with a hand reduction modifier. I wonder if that means they are the rarest fluff-wise.

That's... fucking hilarious to picture actually.

I think it just means that their impact on a small table and low model count game is that much greater. A krea protecting guys against shooting vs a small ranged unit is a bigger deal.

Did you like D&D 4e? Do you like playing WM/H on the tabletop? The combat side leans heavily on the WM/H way of functioning, and if you like that nitty gritty tactical combat, go for it. It's great in that respect.

In the non combat side it's a bit weaker. There's little in the way of non-combat spells, since the spell lists are all cribbed from the wargame, so there's basically nothing in the way of utility magic. You can still run a totally non-combat investigative game, but you're leaving out a big bucket of tactical combat rules if you do so, and it's not the best game for that.

For all of that, I do like it's character creation, where you pick a heroic focus, two professions, and you're pretty much done. It's better at generating character concepts than D&D, and less watered down than D&D 5e's Class + Background.

Also, you need Monsternomicon or Unleashed for some decent monster info. The core book is way to dry about it.

I just plain like CoI frenzy rules. I can see how it wouldn't work as well for heavies, though,

Straight over threshhold damage for lessers.
Double for Lights.
Triple for Heavies.

I think it'd work, user.

You'd have to come up with how to resolve autofrenzy, though.

>but the pigs look so bad, like 2005 models. way below the average quality

PP quality is all over the place. It doesn't matter the year.

He means the model stats/cards have changed. The actual models you get in the box are the most recent plastic kits for Brigands/Commandos

Similarly I'd imagine. Primal could just deal 2d3 damage at the end of the model's activation.

Does anyone have a good quality version of Kraye's new art that was shown in NQP and his card in the card database? His old art on War Room is garbo.

where do you get the requisition cards from though

>where do you get the requisition cards from though
>privateerpress.com/organized-play/game-rules-errata
Follow the link in the post you dummy

>Did you like D&D 4e? Do you like playing WM/H on the tabletop? The combat side leans heavily on the WM/H way of functioning, and if you like that nitty gritty tactical combat, go for it. It's great in that respect.

I dunno, I'd lean against the 4e comparison. 4e, for all you can say, did a LOT of work to make sure characters all stayed roughly as equal as each other and had a lot of inbuilt stuff to encourage co-operation and abilities to help allies.

The RPG has a bit of it (In the commands military officers can do) but the characters are generally a lot more independent than 4e ones area and the game is a lot rougher, especially in balance.

Part of the issue is that it's based on the TT and TT solutions are not always available in an RPG. Hitting your ally with a grenade or a lightning bolt to bounce onto the high defence guy works fine in a TT game...but it gets REALLY meta for NPCs to start doing in an RPG and PCs are tough enough that blast damage is rarely much of a threat. As a result, high def PCs become near untouchable pretty quickly by foes that can't boost attack rolls. Warcasters have SIGNIFICANTLY more options than anyone else because it's easy for them to transfer stuff from the TT...and TT warcasters get all the fancy special rules. A Mighty character is very potent as a combatant but they are also rather one note.

The skill system is also rather vestigial at best, the numbers for many things being...iffy (A professional interrogator has a lower bonus to do his job than literally the lowest, least resistant human in existence).

It's far from a bad game (The TT basis helps in many areas, after all) but it's rough around the edges. I enjoyed my time with it but I feel like a 2.0 with some input from some game devs/the community would really help it get polished up.

I really want them to release CoI rules for the warcaster attatchment models. I'd love to run the Fane Knight attachment as a leader for my force. It would be a very fluffy leader but also basicly worthless without a warcaster to attach to.

I wonder how the game would warp if you made warcaster attachments attach to Commanders instead.

Where do you get digital versions of the command cards though? With no physical meta I need to play with a friend on TTS.