EDH/Commander General

Rube Goldberg edition

Previously: >Official Site: Contains deck building rules and the current ban list.
mtgcommander.net

>Deck List Site: You can search for decks that other people have made. Authors often have comments that explain their decks strategy and card choices.
tappedout.net

>Statistically see what everyone else puts in their commander decks based on what is posted to the the internet.
edhrec.com/

>Find out what lands you can add to your deck, sorted by category, based on a chosen Commanders color identity.
manabasecrafter.com/

CARD SEARCH

>Official search site. Current for all sets.
gatherer.wizards.com/

>Unofficial, but has GOAT search interface.
magiccards.info/

>Thread question
Do you have a commander that enables major jank bullshit? If not, what's wrong with you?

Other urls found in this thread:

gatherer.wizards.com/Pages/Card/Details.aspx?multiverseid=182289
tappedout.net/mtg-decks/zur-destroyer-of-world-voltron/
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

>Do you have a commander that enables major jank bullshit? If not, what's wrong with you?
Enables? No. The deck is still jank bullshit, but the general doesn't really enable it as none of the options really enable what I'm doing.

>that number of God
>dat Lich Lord
Dralnu confirmed best commander forever

I don't want to spend to much money since I just quit my part-time but damn mairsil looks he'd be fun to pilot

Gonti. It's a machine built to take the best pieces of my opponents decks and beat them in the face with them.

>Also Gonti + Ashnod's altar + Phyrexian altar + Nim deathmantle + Grave titan is hilarious.

>No
What's wrong with you?

I answered that: there is no general that enables what I want to do. What's wrong with you, that you can't read?

Sure can't; I am illiterate

What do you want to do and what general do you run in said deck?

>tfw building selesnya deck for the first time
>all that ramp
>all that land fetching

dumb sissy selesnya boi

reposting from last thread:
>thread question
Ulamog, The Ceaseless Hunger

yeah he isn't really tribal effect wise, but he is my favorite commander for my colorless Eldrazi commander deck.

>new thread question
Same thing actually, play Ulamog, equip world slayer, swing for victory!

Also, I fucking hate players who get salty during commander games. It makes building a good deck feel like shit because if you miss-play they get upset for you holding back, but if you play optimally they get upset for you winning.

Like, I won way faster than I thought I would tonight because I played expecting my opponents to have answers so I played accordingly, and they ended up just durdling while I took over the game. Then I feel like an ass because I expected the group power level to be higher.

I guess I need to make a shitty commander deck. Maybe I'll do skeleton tribal for halloween or something.

For my life gain deck players, if the pipe dream of Felidar Sovereign/Test of Endurance worth the slots, especially without something like Vedalkan Orrery? I haven't got to win off either of them yet and they draw a lot of hate, but they also but people into a panic state where they stop paying attention to any other cards on the field and focus on either bringing me below the triggered health or removing them which has also work to my advantage. Opnions?

>Thread Question
Sadly my friends hate him.

Thread question: I run an Ayli and Silas Ren deck where I play all of the treasure, gold, and clue making cards using mass production and revel in riches as conditions, with swinging with Ayli as a backup.

>>Thread question
I run Seton. The manliest commander. Look at this dude: all scarred up, swole as fuck, with a big fat horse cock between his legs. He lays pipe. There's a lot of people that run him as basically Elfball but FUCK THAT PUSSY SHIT

BIG
GREEN
BULLSHIT

Cast that ramp
Cast them Druids
Cast FUCKING HUGE BOMBS

PLAY SETON

Is this guy banworthy in a 1v1 matchup?

Especially in 1v1.

Back before he was banned, I built a deck with him that could reliably lock down my opponents on turn 3.

I guess it fair he got banned for that. Buuuuut, the only reason I made a super-degenerate Leovold deck at the time was because I was trying to show the Derevi player what it feels like (ultimately he didn't get the message and that fucker Derevi is still unbanned).

To answer the thread question: I don't have any Jank commanders right now, and the only times I've tried to do jank didn't work out too well.

I recently build Edgar, but I feel kinda meh about him. I already have a really aggro deck and just hitting people with creatures seems kinda boring.

But then I saw Taigam Ojutai Master, and was considering trading away most of my Edgar tech and building around him instead. But there are two reasons I am hesitating.

>1: When Rivals comes out I fear there's going to be more cool vampire tech that will make me slap my forehead for dismantling Edgar
>2: The problem with Taigam is that for all the rebounding and control he does, Azorius doesn't really have decent wincons that aren't again just slapping people with a bunch of creatures.

What do?

If you don't like the strategy you currently have with the deck then you probably won't like whatever comes in the next set that'll help you with that strategy. New vamps probably aren't gonna be so different from old ones that the entire complexion of your deck changes.

As for Taigam, the only stuff I know he's really good for is fuck tons of extra turns. Extra turns and voltron seems the way to go with him.

What is the best Mardu commander and why is it papa Markov?

>why is it papa Markov
If you want the real answers it's because you have an untouchable ability that can gain you value off your first turn.

I put her and revel in riches into Glissa.

>play pic related at my LGS
>against a meren and an azami deck in a 3 person pod
>end up the archenemy because urborg into temple of the false god into cabal coffers, on-curve
>tutor up a thespian's stage because why not
>huuuuge tracts of mana
>eternalize stuff and sling huge spells at the boardstate every turn
>milling my opponents with consuming aberration

Best god.

Because MtG is bad, mkay.

What do you guys think of Pic Related as a Commander with a Copy Creature Subtheme?

People are like that, not just MTG players.

pic related

what is the fewest lands you run in any deck? and what deck is it?

what is the most lands you run in any deck? and what deck is it?

Oops all spells is a legacy deck that runs no lands and can win turn one.

34 in my Boros voltron
39 in my Gay Kangz

30 in Sram
38 in Meren

34 in Brago, 51 in Borborygmos Enraged.

>Subtheme
That's literally the only way anyone plays her

What if they just didn't have many decks with green or white and wanted to fill out their deck variety?
Or are you just laying down some SICK MEME and not contributing anything to the discussion besides what you consider to be quirky/cheeky call outs designed to confront someone's masculinity over their choice of cardboard?

hes a guy

I really don't know. Nothing kills my interest in Magic than being in the presence of players outside of my office group. At least you can't smell them through the internet...

this man did nothing wrong
the faces of the true offenders were hidden
his ban was unjustified

post malone really let himself go

boi he doesn't even have a head

gatherer.wizards.com/Pages/Card/Details.aspx?multiverseid=182289

is angels tribal any good?

Well there's Kaalia.

I have 14 decks.
7 of them are in grixis colors.
1 of them is a 5-color deck with heavy grixis themes.
The others have some form of blue, black, or red in them, except for the last one.

Do I have a problem?

Also, post your lists.

just another common case of Too Afraid to Pick Up Boros

I had a boros deck. It was shit. I got to sit there like pic related all game because I couldn't dig for answers.

post the list or something. i just built a brian deck and it's great.

I don't have the list anymore; it was a while ago. It was Archangel Avacyn, though. Probably part of the problem.

Well, unsurprisingly, green has better mana sinks than red. But since I’m a color balance autist, I want my deck to have about an even split.

What are some permanents in red that you can just funnel mana into for cool shit?

Pyrohemia

Cards in Naya colors that will let me search for sorceries?

Aggravated Assault.

>I want my deck to have about an even split.
that's pretty weird man. you might want to break that habit.

most of my 2 color decks are about 60/40 if not 75/25. my three color decks tend to be about 65/20/15. making a deck 50/50 for no reason is going to make your mana more difficult and your decks theme less centralized.

Flameblast Dragon

Kumano, Master Yamabushi
Soulbright flamekin
Lord of Shaterskull Pass/Kargan Dragonlord
Dragon Whisperer

Gamble

You are better off trying to get it in the graveyard and then hitting it with a Regrowth effect

Is Kaysa a good hipster commander for an elfball deck?

got that one

...is that it?

You're in the worst colors for it, sadly. Blue does it easily, black gets anything.

This guy is right.

how am I supposed to get it from my library to the graveyard in naya

Possibility Storm

Gamble, Planar Portal, Ring of Three Wishes, Tamiyo's Journal
Yes they're expensive or risky, you're not in the right colours for effective universal, or Sorcery-specific tutors.

ok fuck possibility storm, I played a game that lasted 6 hours because of that stupid card

thanks, will look into all of those

and yeah it's not vital, there's just 1 or 2 specific sorceries that'd help me win if i could tutor them

Any number of artifacts, hermit druid, red's rummaging + wheels

>sorcery
worst option for naya. planar portal and ring of three wishes get anything though.

flamekin harbinger can get consuming bonfire.
elvish harbinger can get elvish promenade or hunting triad.
giant harbinger can get fuedkiller's verdict or giant's ire.

loot

Still need suggestions for that scorpion god deck?

Has anyone been able to break this in EDH yet?

Hello, is it me you're looking for?

OP since she can summon the most broken commander added to the format

I want my 100 bucks, you better deliver.

Getting this in a deck with apostles seems good too

>Do you have a commander that enables major jank bullshit? If not, what's wrong with you?
Nope. I went off with a jank combo once, and now my entire group hates me down the moment I let up on running control. I can't not run tryhard goodstuff control anymore and still play. And none of the LGSes nearby support the format.

Yes.

Anyone?

If everyone agreed with you then wouldn't yhat defeat the purpose of your question?

no one knows because literally no one has ever seen this card before

Advantages:
>Less likely to be targeted early on
>Buff works on other swarmable green things you could produce, like Insects, Squirrels, and Saprolings
>Buff always on

Disadvantages:
>No built-in mana sink
>Doesn't provide trample
>Doesn't provide acceleration
>Somewhat high mana for an anthem (although elfball doesn't care too much about that)

Trying to decide whether to buy a jank Wort Spellslinger deck I created or a tryhard Tasigur deck but keep waffling

The cmc is too high imo. One board wipe/fireball/path will set you very far back. Rhys or Ezuri might be the normie choices for elves but they are smaller cmc and do more for you

I like to run mine as a 2headed commander with my Hapatra as the other deck. It mainly focus on. Control with red wipes if I have a source to make it wither or black wipes. Your commander and some other cards that proliferate are pretty good at single target removal. Infect because red offers some good choices to help my guys go through like the kulrath knight. And I enjoy looting which makes ifnir shine, also it helps go through the deck faster. It does well with the semi casual vintage group but definitely not even close to top tier. Use your god for card draw and removal rather than as a best stick. Wish I could be more helpful but I'm tired and sick and have no real experience with writing down guides for decks.

so you houserule partners or what?

Sometimes we pick our partners or just randomize it. It's mostly for one of my dinner table groups. Pretty much we stick with 40 life since games can last a while if everyone starts with higher life totals. If it's a 2v2 matches go by pretty quickly. Infect is still 10. And commander is still 21 from a single commander. It gets hated off pretty quickly most times.

Because Lazav is way more fun

What are good commanders for eldrazi decks?

Do you go pure colourless with one of the titans, or coloured with commanders that work with the mechanics.

I'm the guy he replied to

Shut the fuck up

What's the story already? Can't remember the context

He went around a large scale event finding people whose ass cracks were showing and took pictures of himself in that pose behind them, as a sort of mocking commentary on the lack of self awareness and decency shown by many players. People got offended and complained to WotC enough that he got hit with a temporary ban from organized play.

>Get Emmara Tandris put into my yard
>Have Seance and Parallel Lives down
>Bring her back
>Get another copy
>Sac the original copy
>Have an Emmara Tandris token that sticks around forever
>Her own rule means she can't take damage
HHEUUHEUAHUHEUAHUEHUEHUHUAEUH

WotC don't want their game looking bad, and buttcrack guy revealed that yes, the stereotypes have a lot of truth to them. That made their game look bad.

I mean, I still think that banning him was a heap of shit, but I can see why corporate would want it.

>I mean, I still think that banning him was a heap of shit, but I can see why corporate would want it.
You're over-philosophising the situation, and it's leading you to sympathise with a bunch of assholes. Stop it.

Alternatively WotC didn't want their players to feel persecuted or uncomfortable at events.
>inb4 they're making me uncomfortable!

Found the selesnya sissy boi

I hate to be a buzzkill but I love rules lawyering and what you did doesn't work. Parallel lives is a replacement effect so the additional token also has the "exile at end of turn" clause. If you had made a copy of the token after creating it with something like Populate you would have been allowed to keep it.

I don't think they are right. I just see the line of thought that made wotc do it. I liked buttcrack guy doing what he did.

Unless something has changed recently, parallel lives and seance doesn't make it permanent. Parallel Lives just changes the number of tokens created by seance, it doesn't put its own token into play; this means both are exiled at EOT. As per rulings on Parallel Lives,
>If the effect creating the tokens instructs you to do something with those tokens at a later time, like exiling them at the end of combat, you'll do that for all the tokens

If you populated, the new token would not be subject to the trigger, because the trigger is not an ability on the token, it's a delayed trigger created by seance that looks for tokens created by seance.

Is this guy any good as a mono-blue control commander?

Rate my Zur Voltron. is it spicy enough

tappedout.net/mtg-decks/zur-destroyer-of-world-voltron/

I play Ayli cleric tribal and it has a load of reanimation, so if I really want to win with Felidar, I usually have him on the field multiple times

Whats your favorite obscure tribal deck Veeky Forums? Ive always wanted a nightmare deck to be possible.