Warhammer 40k general /40kg/

MORE DAKKA edition.

Previous >Warhammer Community news(Free rules for the Craftworlds Bonesinger)
warhammer-community.com/2017/10/24/free-rules-for-the-craftworlds-bonesingergw-homepage-post-2/

>Daily Duncan Playlist
youtube.com/watch?v=VB2DNpIWyjo&list=PLEaPE4sLDA7ucJ0dkiVZSW6ghZUNGFHIW&index=1

>GW FAQ (1.1):
games-workshop.com/en-GB/Rules-Errata#40k-errata

>FW FAQ (1.1):
warhammer-community.com/2017/07/15/new-and-updated-forge-world-faqs-july16gw-homepage-post-2/

>Rules and such. Use Readium on pc/iphone, lithium/kobo on android:
>Everything 8th edition in properly converted pdf & epub, fully bookmarked and linked with in-line errata annotations
mega.nz/#F!bF0ExS4D!_XaMECn0K9HiJKUFSopJLA

>Other Megas
mega.nz/#F!64wmnBZR!rWcm37EkOOeToeueqhPjpA
mega.nz/#F!BxI1HSgI!0tKymKh9RZTzGpgIA5EyCg
mega.nz/#F!9NchGZyZ!-V1LhJALxDp9Tw97WzEQGA
mega.nz/#F!pFgm0RKR!J06C1gVYcjzNGsF8YNLsjQ
>Old Black Library Mega
mega.nz/#F!wx4BiKhD!YhnAf1BqSmAB8dO6xDM56Q

>WIP Math-hammer doc (Thanks Chart-user!)
docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1h0hk_IdJ7fivDEjMiIpKM5yMMB8HTm64lZHuKdLZCIU/edit?usp=sharing

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=CVdGdzN8TPQ
youtube.com/watch?v=4ne8vBVT8N0&t=
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

How does a Khorne daemons army get into combat before getting shot to shit?

Play on a board with more cover.

it doesn't

Word Bearers

By using a soup army.

Do Dark Eldar/Drukhari lists have problems with things like Terminators and high armor save multiwound elite infantry? I'm just looking at a few hypothetical lists and I'm wondering if I should throw in some Disintegrator Cannons on my Razorwing.

If you use endless cacophony on an obliterator, do you generate its profile twice or use the same one from the shooting phase?

Follow up from last thread.

How do you like to purchase a new army: one unit at a time or enough to play a legal game?

Why isn't Chadphyrion part of your list ?
Literraly easily better than warhound and naked stomsword.
It's the best and most point efficient LoW

Best legion. Wish they had a better gimmick than 'we're secretly a demons army' though. I don't wanna have to buy the models to allow summoning to be actually tactically versatile.

No it has trouble with infantry spam.

Did sumone say Orks?

I actually destroyed that model in a 2k game
pretty tuff to beat but not impossible

no

A bunch cheap second hand and gradually add and supplement units one at a time until none of the older stuff remains.
Mostly because I can't be bothered to strip other people's paint jobs.

I wait for cw christmas bix and wayland christmas sale to get from -50 to -65% and invest at least 350€ on the forst army order.
During like 2 decades i boughr just one unit at a time and i end up now with thousands of loss since i switch to new project and sell the unonpened box

I do not award FW for bad behavior.

>i boughr just one unit at a time and i end up now with thousands of loss

So much this.
I buy the whole army or nothing now. Especially waiting for Christmas Battleforce to choose my next army

guile, 30 man units, summoning, fire magnets

I mean, so does the entire edition. I don't know, I feel like twenty to thirty kabalites in raiders with Splinter Cannons and four to five venoms have given me enough chewing power. Then again I haven't played against more than a single unit of conscripts or an ork green tide esque army.

when the FUCK are they going to release the rest of my death guard models!

Fabius is really getting into his experiments.

So I recently came into a traitor guard army. No FW models, all conversions. My question is should I use the AM codex or the FW list for it? Not just in terms of effectiveness, but what one be expected to run at a game club or tourney.

user have you seen the amount of dakka everyone brings?

Run them as guard, they are better as an army and people wont be as repulsed by playing with you.

just the normal amount for playing against a guardfag

so are selecting them to shoot a second time at the end of the shooting phase, so i'd say you re-roll

They can't shoot what they can't see.
A lot of the people I play with seem to position cover only as little bastions to give flat buffs to their shooty armies. Sometimes you need to remind people that line of sight blocking terrain in the middle of the board is more healthy for tactical decisions, and is not just there to determine firing lines for their castled up squads.
And not just one big piece, try and work towards a more interesting set up that allows units to advance under fire while still allowing a degree of exploitation. After all, you need to provide for the people who haven't figured out that moving their units after deployment is a viable tactic.

that's what I think also

Nazi detected

We have one solid rumour so far from a good source regarding the Tyranid Codex:

>There are stat changes (buffs) on several Monstrous Creatures, including more Wounds for Hive Tyrants/the Swarmlord.

Because it does as much damage as 1 shadowsword for the cost of 2 and is only marginally tougher.

new to 40k starting craftworld eldar. I'm not sure what the army composition should look like. With space marines it seems more obvious. There is just so many elite choices.

>Buying GW Stuff
>Cart at £200
>Standard Shipping is going to be £30
>£50 more for free express

They plan this shit, don't they?

>more Wounds for Hive Tyrants

well thats good, i was tired of getting my flyrants pasted on turn 1

whats left

spend 20 dollars more and get 30 dollars of free shit.

seems pretty easy famalam

>Actually buying straight from GW online
>Even though there are cheaper legitimate online stores
>Even then still not just picking it up in a store for free, the only benefit of ordering from them directly

You deserve to pay your shitty fee

blighthauler, but its pretty terrible on the TT. Neat little model though.

have you decided on a craftworld? that usually helps a lot

eldar elite choices are a trap.

For insiration you can take my list, its pretty WAAC though.

>>Eldar 1973/2000
>>CP: 10

>>Ulthwe (6+ FNP)
>HQ
Eldrad (warlord)- 150
SpiritSeer - 45

>Troops
10 Guardian defenders w/ bright lance - 105

>>Biel-tan (Reroll 1s on shuriken guns)
>HQ
Spiritseer - 45
Spiritseer - 45

>Troops
5 Dire Avenger w/ twin Avenger shuriken catapult - 64

>Fast Attack
3 jetbikes w/ 3 shuriken cannons - 84

>>Alaitoc (-1 to hit from 12" away)
>HQ
Spiritseer - 45

>Heavy Support
3 Dark Reaper w/tempest launcher - 86
1 Fire Prism w/Soulstones - 165
1 Fire Prism w/Soulstones - 165

>Flyer
1 Hemlock wraith fighter - 210

There is a lot of trouble with only needing the barest sliver of LoS in order to shoot the whole squad.

no I'm indecisive. I'm thinking biel tan, alaitoc, or one of the minor ones like mymeara

My mistake on that, this is from Forgeworld not GW.

>blighthauler
oh wait is that really the only thing left
thought i had like 3 more

You're coming with the Arbites now for some serious re-education about the Imperial Creed, young fella!

oh, user didn't you hear?
you're supposed to kitbash bloat drones, thunderfire cannons and helbrutes to make those.

Why do they need to take a mark?

Okay then second quesiton. Do you have the image of how much the start collecting boxes saves you? I was thinking of picking up 3 start collecting Khorne Daemons

have you actually read any of the rules/played a game?
have you read the special rules the different craftworlds grant?

Anyone save the picture of the Goku Weirdboy from a few threads back?

I forgot to save it and it was a great idea.

man i wish those were plastic

nope just looked at lore and colors

I really don't understand the reason FW does this shit. Literally any other shop has free shipment after about 50€/$/Pound fix prices for their delivery service. Only FW does this shit of slapping an additional 20% price tag on their stuff.

Chaos Undivided makes carnac cry.

Easywin.
Do we schedule a game ?

haven't played in years. am now JUST getting back into it. what is this "soup army"? how do guard work now? the codex made no mention of platoons and slim on the force org. are dedicated transports not a thing? how do i do the points for army lists. are my command squads completely separated from my HQ choices? do they take up space on the force org? and shooting vehicles? no AV? read through the new codex and its a bit overwhelming.

Don't they have free shipping over 60£ or something?

drukhari codex changes.

Would you be alright with these? Did I go too far?
Archon: No changes
Succubus: +2A
Haemonculus: +1T, 5 point buff
Drazhar: 15 points cheaper. In addition, overwatch rolls may not be taken when this unit charges, and he gains Rampage
Urien Rakarth: 12 points cheaper
Lelith hesperax: 15 points cheaper, +1 T, no drugs

Units:
Kabalite warriors: take a heavy weapon on 9 models
Kabalite Trueborn: No changes
Raider: give them splinter racks again
Ravager: No changes
Venom: No changes
Razorwing jetfighter: no changes
Voidraven bomber: no changes

Units:
Wyches: +1 A on a charge
Hekatrix Bloodbrides: +1 A on a charge, 3 Melee weapons available on a base unit, 5 on a unit of 10
Hellions: Deep strike, at the cost of -1 to hit on arrival
Reaver Jetbikes: -5 PPM

Units:
Wracks: no change
Grotesques: no change
Talos Pain Engine: Gains FLY, -1 Leadership
Chronos Parasite Engine: Adds 1 to all saving throws for units within 6" of this unit
(idea for a stratagem: Dark Artisan: -1 CP: Select 1 TALOS PAIN ENGINE model, 1 CHRONOS PARASITE ENGINE, and 1 HAEMONCULUS within 3 inches of each other. They are treated as a unit together. In addition, the Haemonculus loses his CHARACTER keyword while in this unit.)

NON-DEDICATED UNITS
Incubi: Overwatch rolls may not be taken when this unit charges
Scourges: No changes.
beastmaster: No changes
clawed fiends: no changes
khymaerae: no changes
court of the archon: no changes
Mandrakes: no changes

>weapons in next post

lol, that list is terrible against this eldar list.

youtube.com/watch?v=CVdGdzN8TPQ

See above, FW not GW.

You and me both brother.

WEAPONS
splinter cannon: 3 points cheaper
heat lance: range increased to 20", point cost reduced by 3
Disintegrator cannon: point cost reduced by 5
Shredder: D6 hits. Automatically hits if the targeted unit has more than 8 models
liquifier gun: strength 4

Melee weapons:
Chain Flails: on a wound roll of 6, the AP value is changed to -2
Huskblade: on a wound roll of 6, inflict a mortal wound in addition to its normal wound.
Ichor Injector: change 6+ roll to D6 mortal wounds instead of D3
Macro-scalpel: Remove extra attacks with only 1 macro scalpel, instead change AP modifier to -3 base.

There are no platoons, the new cad is two HQs and three troops.

You get one free transport slot for every other choice in your detachment, command squads are just elites now and points are at the back, unit cards list power points.

ooga booga

Soup armies are when you take a bunch of different factions that share a keyword together in one army, like space marines with IG.

Platoons are gone, you take infantry squads like you would any other unit.

Characters are now separate units but can't be targeted unless they're the closest unit.

Vehicles work like MC's now and AT guns do multiple wounds per shot.

Dedicated transports can be taken for every non dedicated transport unit you take and aren't slaved to units anymore.

Come on man, just go to the Games Workshop page and do some maths. And then, if you're in a part of the world that has effective third party online retailers, buy what you want from them instead of GW. Come on, you're a big boy. I believe in you.

Already confirmed that Khorne in the next codex has a mobile battle rampart similar to that god-awful Tidewall shit the tau had.

>being this new

Its okay kevin, you'll probably get your fist start collecting on christmas

The "Never before in fluff" release that was rumored a while ago is just a fleshing out of the Ynnari range

Parts of the models have already appeared in the rumor engine

3 start collecting will be less than 90€ with the waylandgames christmas sale.

>aren't slaved to units anymore

But can only transport certain units.

>Archon: No changes

Stopped reading there, shit changes, kys

Let's go over each of those:
>what is this "soup army"?
because all the human shit has the keyword IMPERIUM, you can make squads with units from any IMPERIUM faction, which means theoretically, you could have a patrol detachment with celestine, a guard infantry squad, and an ultramarines tactical squad.

>how do guard work now?
rather than faction-specific formations, every army has a predetermined number of 'detachments' available with different roles filling them. A Vanguard detachment, for example, requires an HQ and 3 Elites. You can have as many detachments in your list as you want.

Guard work basically the same, just now you fill the detachments with them. Also, orders always go off except on conscripts.

>are dedicated transports not a thing?
they are. Tauroxes and chimeras are now STRICTLY considered 'transports', and have that role in the codex. You can bring one transport for each unit in a detachment.

>how do i do the points for army lists
the point costs are in the back of the book. You pay the points for the unit, and their weapons.

>are my command squads completely separated from my HQ choices?
kinda. You can bring a command squad for every company commander in a detachment.

>do they take up space on the force org?
yes, they're Elites.

>and shooting vehicles? no AV?
vehicles now go off the same toughness value as infantry. a lasgun can now theoretically kill a warlord titan.

okay so
Saim-hann - red/black speedy bois
Ulthwe - black/bone psychic bois
Beil tan - green/white warrior bois
Alaitoc - blue/bone sneaky bois
Iyanden - yellow/blue dead bois

Saim hann like bikes, ulthwe likes guardians and psykers, beil tan likes aspect warriors alaitoc likes rangers and Iyanden like wraithguard and wraithlords

Oh yeah sure. That's true. You can work around by tailoring terrain types. Mountains make terrific opaque objects. If you're playing savvy try and remove the units that put you in LOS so they can't shoot the rest of your stuff with their other shooting. Really it's gonna be about tactical maneuvering and persistence, without effective reliable delivery methods melee will always be hard pressed to succeed as easily as ranged options. Never be dishearted, because one day you'll punch a ranged army's puny heads in and it will be more satisfying than any firestorm in the world.

I changed the huskblade. Archon on its own I feel is basically fine. Any extra wargear would be relics. I was mostly just listing off unit changes, as well as a single idea I had for a stratagem.

So what do people think of the new deathguard codex now that it's been out and about for a bit? What do you like/dislike? Could he units, wargear, whatever.

I personally like fails of corruption, they make back their points easy if you can get them into combat and add a ton of punch.

Its broken OP and places in the top4 everytime.

Imps, Chaos, Nids, and Eldar all have soup armies, then?

Tau, Orks, and Crons can't soup, is that correct?

Also probably worth mentioning they don't have fire points anymore.

I've been having a lot of trouble trying to get terrain right this edition. Trying to balance around perfect deepstrikes is doing my head in.

If only i wasnt an American

List

8 BS3+ Missile launchers str 8 ap-2 3 dmg
3 BS3+ Brightlancers str 8 ap-4 d6 dmg
5 sources of smite
2d3 autohitting str 12 ap -4 2 dmg
4d3 bs3+ rerolling str 9 ap-3 d3 dmg
27 bs3+ rerolling 1 str 6 ap0 rend 1 dmg

I wouldn't bring that scion list against this one.

Correct answer

Correct. The downside is supposed to be that you don't get some special rules, but you can abuse detachments to get around that.

some of your units are different point cost from the index, do you already have the codex???

Archon is too expensivr and does basically nothing. He shouod either be dropped in points, probably about 10 points, or given an aura like almost every other army has. As it stands you buy x archons for what your detatchment requires because all of our HQs suck and he's the cheapest, and put them in a venom with blasters. Oooh man, tahg feels so good. Fucking 6x cost trueborn with +1 bs. Either that or give us ACTUAL wargear options, like bikes, boards, and artefacts like we used to have. I'm sick of the flagship HQ being our equivalent to a fucking commisar, but worse and twice as expensive.

IG, ALL space marines, sisters of battle, inquisition, admech, assassins, custodes, etc, all have IMPERIUM as a keyword. you can mix and match them freely.

chaos space marines, renegades, daemons, and dark mechanicum all have CHAOS. you can mix and match them freely

dark eldar, craftworld eldar, harlequins, and ynnari all have the AELDARI keyword. you can mix and match them freely.

I don't know if nids can soup with GSC.

you can watch a person slowly read through the codex and get the point costs

youtube.com/watch?v=4ne8vBVT8N0&t=

GSC and Nids both contain the TYRANIDS keyword, and GSC can take IG detatchments, too.

Nids and GSC can soup, you can also throw in an IG detachment alongside the GSC.

fair enough. I would like to see the archon letting you reroll 1s on Splinter weapons, and like you said, wargear options. My archon is modelled with scourge wings.

>what is this "soup army"?
Using the IMPERIUM or CHAOS keywords to ally units from different armies - often the most cost efficient options of each army, with synergies based on those keywords instead of specific factions. Abusing allies.
>how do guard work now? the codex made no mention of platoons and slim on the force org.
Force org. are changed for everyone. Read the general rulebook. Basically nothing has changed for Guard, you can still spam infantry and/or tanks with relative ease (and are even rewarded CP for doing so)
>are dedicated transports not a thing?
Yes they are, again read the rulebook. You can take one transport per other unit in most detachements.
>how do i do the points for army lists.
they are all at the end of the codices
>are my command squads completely separated from my HQ choices?
yes
>do they take up space on the force org?
yes
>and shooting vehicles?
what about them?
>no AV?
nope, read the rulebook.
>read through the new codex and its a bit overwhelming
you should have read the rules before the codex, especially since there are 10 pages max. (+ a few on the detachments and matched play sections)

yeah, I knew the GSCs could take a guard detachment, I just thought they had the same rules regarding nids, with 1 detachment of nids per detachment of GSCs.

I guess I'm just salty that our army has a really good amount of your dudes potential but they hamstring us in the HQ slot, which is usually the most your dudes slot. Like, what the fuck.

>3 inches blood
>kill the orks

Yeah, I'm not sure how I feel about penalty-less deepstrike when it comes to terrain. It's fairly balanced for most models barring edge cases (scions) but leaves even terrain heavy boards feeling very opening to flanking. I've mostly worked around it by cutting down on big buildings in deployment zones and using more, smaller pieces. It gives people the ability to secure at least one or two of their units flanks with terrain and feel more comfortable that they're not gonna be instantly, unavoidably outmaneuvered.
Most of the onus is on players though, a more spread out, or a super clumped deployment with bubble wrapping troops can screw over most deepstrike shenanigans.