How do you prefer your apocalypse, Veeky Forums? And your post-apocalypse for that matter?

How do you prefer your apocalypse, Veeky Forums? And your post-apocalypse for that matter?

In my mind the actual events leading up to the collapse are less important than the time period after the end, as I like to focus on the time when the apocalypse is but a distant memory, or even forgotten entirely, to the people left on the world.
Though that doesn't mean the world is perfect by any means, it's still a piece of shit ruin and shadow of it's former self, but the people are at least optimistic about it, and a real change is possible to be made.

I have a strong preference for green and blue type apocalypse types, where the world is simply lost to nature, great floods and overgrown cities instead of nuclear wastelands on a dying earth. I find it to be much more interesting, with the world not entirely doomed no matter what the people do, but it's not an easy existence by any means, and entirely up to the inhabitants to make with it what they can, rather than letting themselves die out.

Other urls found in this thread:

en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Julius_Evola
en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Traditionalist_School
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

I like it when it's recent enough for people still alive to have lived through it. I think you can make much more interesting characters when you can take into account who they were before the apocalypse and how they were changed by it.

I prefer mine to occur around me resulting from my schemes and touched off by the efforts and sacrifice of my minions.

>How do you prefer your apocalypse, Veeky Forums? And your post-apocalypse for that matter?

Just in terms of environmental aesthetic, out of the colour coded apocalypses, I'd have to go with the primary colours: red, blue, and green.
I think blue (flooded world) is cruely underappreciated and almost never used- maybe waterworld gave everybody a bad taste in their mouth or something, but I really appreciate a vaguely tropical, globally-warmed, precariously floating world where the ocean rules.
Green (overgrown world) is gaining more popularity popping up in manga, games, and a couple of movies- it's super pretty and probably the more likely landscape or outcome if we actually manage to fuck something up and cause a soft reset like that in real life. That, and, for what it's worth: I think all the escaped zoo animals, exotic pets, and other misplaced species would create a really interesting biosphere.
Red (scorched earth) is a classic I can never turn down, but I'm always annoyed by how everybody, just, absolutely fucking LOADS them with fucking people as if there's one naked, sun-tanned, mutant hiding behind every single fucking rock. I really love nuclear scorched, hot, wasteland kind of worlds, but as far as environments go, I don't really see them done very interestingly or go beyond their cliches.

Mood wise I've always been a vocal, autistic, supporter and advocate for the desolate kind of "empty world" or twilight-age feel: where the narrative actually plays up how terrible it is that everyone is fucking gone and how you're more likely to die of loneliness than all these arbitrarily highly populated gangs of fucking hooligans coming out of the woodwork. The kind of world where you don't get genocidal or eccentric maniacs because they're all fucking dead and now everybody is basically, "shit, I've only met 10 people, oh my god, where is everyone."

I need to play fragile dreams again, that was a good fuckin' game.

I like post apocalypse 2: electric boogaloo where the can't simply refer to "the great [bad thing]" becuase there wasn't simply one society lost.

>I like post apocalypse 2: electric boogaloo where the can't simply refer to "the great [bad thing]" becuase there wasn't simply one society lost.

That reminds me that 'vague apocalypses' where the author or whoever just never fucking tells the reader or players what happened and keeps it as cryptic as possible can also be super fun. Let the fuckin' players figure it out, good fun.

Unless the author themselves doesn't know, then you get issues with inconsistencies, etc.

>Mood wise I've always been a vocal, autistic, supporter and advocate for the desolate kind of "empty world" or twilight-age feel: where the narrative actually plays up how terrible it is that everyone is fucking gone and how you're more likely to die of loneliness than all these arbitrarily highly populated gangs of fucking hooligans coming out of the woodwork. The kind of world where you don't get genocidal or eccentric maniacs because they're all fucking dead and now everybody is basically, "shit, I've only met 10 people, oh my god, where is everyone."
I thought post-apocalypse is supposed to feel pessimistic and stuff? Depopulated world is maximum comfy.

I guess that is sort of fits with what i was saying, the gereral idea is that there is no explicit "before the end" and it's more fluid. Like imagine if rome was more technologically advanced than we are now, and ancient egyptians were more advanced yet.

I do like that angle as well, and I might do a game like that shortly, or at least have characters built as if before an apocalypse and put into cryrosleep and released into this new world.
Though I feel in my personal philosophy my focus is less about the actual events of the apocalypse and it's impact but the factor of "okay, now what?" Thinking about it, the fact that the settings I make are post-apocalyptic is merely an anecdote in the backstory of the creation of the world, and my real focus is the kind of blank slate the world has been reduced to, with the people left to rediscover what has been forgotten.

I like that feeling too, though I mostly prefer the point of reestablishment and the new growth once people have managed to get their shit together. While the world outside their settlements might be a desolate soul crushing expanse, they at least have eachother. Plus its great for enforcing players to make characters who are naive to the nature of the world outside their hometown, and then traumatizing them when they face the harsh reality of dying of thirst in the middle of a vast expanse of water.

I feel like if a red apocalypse is done, the hordes of people is excusable, Mad Max wouldn't be the same without the crazy assholes, it's a thing you handwave for the factor of coolness, since the setting is already fairly unrealistic in my opinion.

I'm really glad that green apocalypse is being picked up more and more, even if they do like to make them far worse off due to some circumstances than simply soft reset of society, such as the Last of Us.

What would you call that kind of atmosphere, like we see in TLoU and Walking Dead and the Road, not necessarily the Zombies thing, since the Road doesn't have those, but the kind of bleak, desolate world?
I read a very good book, The Dog Stars by Peter Heller that was that kind of setting, with a lot of the humans, and even some plants and animals decimated by a supervirus.

To most, normal people, a devoid and lonely world is worse than a shitty mad max world.

Wouldn't the world be really boring if there's nothing in it except for the empty barren wastelands?

A lot of literature is pessimistic, which I'm not a fan of, mostly because I just admire the qualities of blind optimism and persistence is the "life finds a way" kind of fashion. Whenever I can I really prefer to play up the comfy aspect, even in seemingly bleak situations, though there are of course, even moments where a cheery happy-go-lucky adventurer's spirit can be broken, especially when they are least expecting it, and those are equally interesting.
I just find it an interesting concept, despite the world being a shadow of it's former self with returning to how things were made impossible, it doesn't mean something new and beautiful could still be built on top of it.
We're simply programmed to enjoy companionship, it's an evolutionary trait. Though when your options are limited I think you could make do. If you were born into this world you wouldn't be use to the hypersocialization that the modern human is used to and would be having a much better time in a depopulated world, honestly.

>barren wasteland
Yeah, that's why you go for a more interesting type of apocalypse than just total grey devastation.

>Wouldn't the world be really boring if there's nothing in it except for the empty barren wastelands?

The best example I can think of is that 'spooky' joke that basically goes:
"The last man on earth was laying in his house, completely alone and in bed."
"He then hears a knock at the door."

Granted, I'm not a fucking word smith, but when there's so little going on: everything becomes dramatic, exciting, and memorable, so many post-apocalypses are fucking ruined because there's just all this shit going on and it's yucky and inconsequential. "Oh, another gang of bandits after my (water/gasoline/fertile women/vhs tapes), ho um."

It's like in that eastern-european, survival horror game, 'Darkwood', where there's no, like, 'cheap audio cues' for monsters beyond the noises they, themselves, physically make interacting with their environment, so when you actually HEAR something you can be completely POSITIVE that SOMETHING MADE THAT NOISE.

Like, I guess my main point is too many post-apocalypses don't take advantage of what the medium has to offer and are just over-saturated, inconsistent, nonsense?

Maybe I'm just not used to that hypersocialization. I can listen to the ocean or the forest for weeks on end, but can't stand most music and petty human bullshit. Given a chance, I'd probably become the guy with barbed wire and signs saying TRESPASSERS WILL BE SHOT around his property.

>That reminds me that 'vague apocalypses' where the author or whoever just never fucking tells the reader or players what happened and keeps it as cryptic as possible can also be super fun
>Unless the author themselves doesn't know, then you get issues with inconsistencies, etc

Completely agree. I'm also finding more and more that I want to keep certain things secret/want certain things kept secret from me. I do not like the feeling of having brought to light all the secrets in a setting I care about, I feel without mystery, there is a lot less fun to be had and the world feels a bit empty. There NEED to be secrets

Any good examples to read?

I forgot I saved this image, it was a post I made about three years ago in a post-apocalyptic themed thread that someone thought was worth screen-capping, so I saved the screen-cap because why not. I think it's a good summary of why I like post-apocalypse.

forgot my example of fallen london/Sunless sea (same setting)
There are so many things you don't know, so many mysteries to unravel, so many secrets t o uncover. And most of the time you don't get straight answers but have to read between the lines or connect bits of text together, thousands of them. And they are intentionally good hidden, the writers know what's behind the curtain and don't just pretend. It's so insanely well made.

>What is the bazaar?
>What are the stone pigs?
>Why can't you ever travel to the surface again
>Who are the masters?
>Who is Mr. Eaten[/Spoiler]
[Spoiler]>Do you recall how we came to that place?

I prefer the actual apocalypse to be left vague. Only that it left irreversible devasation, and what we once had we'll never see again. I prefer a post apocalypse where the world is fundamentally different, with new phenomena that even if we retained the knowledge of the old world, we still couldn't figure out what was causing it.

Green and blue apocalypses where the nuclear wastelands are only limited to just a few specific places around the inhabited areas of mankind's last survivors, who are under the impression that the entire world is like the wasteland around them.

Also a few Stalker-tier freaky-shit zones here and there for variety.

Ice and cold. The players are left to guess what happened, climate change? Nuclear winter? Some other kind of calamity?
Villages are few and far inbetween, and little futuristic tech remains. Means of transportation are mostly old soviet republic-inspired snowcrawlers.
Has someone run something similar? I'm undecided how housing and food are supposed to work, even in small villages when it's near-constant -40°C and colder outside

>I'm undecided how housing and food are supposed to work, even in small villages when it's near-constant -40°C and colder outside

It frankly wouldn't, user.
The earth biosphere can survive a lot of things: heat, humidity, radiation, floods, droughts, disease, the extinction of 75% of all life and having to basically evolve everything terrestrial from gophers because that's all that survived, but it can't cold. Cold is brutal, provides little wiggle room, and is at it's heart the 'absence of energy'.
There's more life in the most arid, hot, driest, desert than there is in a frigid tundra.

Source on that pic, user? Looks cozy as heck.

m8, the tundras are full of life too.

Ok, that makes more sense, contrasts make everything more interesting. I can see a really immersive exploration/horror game in that kind of setting - actually, it ties really well into the "green" apocalypse where the wild animals remain and represent either companions or mortal danger, however there's nothing explained about whether other humans survived. Throw in some cryptids that integrated into the natural cycle.

One option is to move underground.

So, make it so that the world is indeed dying. What is left alive in the cold wasteland consumes eachother until the last dies of the cold and starvation.

>Throw in some cryptids that integrated into the natural cycle.

Such as, perhaps, cadillacs and dinosaurs?

For me Horizon Zero Dawn hit all the right notes:

>colorful green post-apocalypse instead of drab brown wasteland
>tribal cultures living in the bones of our world
>unique hook that makes the world interesting (robot animals/dinosaurs)
>source of apocalypse is left vague initially, but as the game plays the whole sequence of events that led to it/humanity's survival is slowly revealed
>doesn't answer everything and still leaves room for more

Basically this.
Afterwards, with the eventual destruction of most things in the inevitable hyper-war, people slowly rebuild, fending off Nazis and tankies alike.

I like my apocalypses with a lone survivor on the entire planet in a world where nature has reclaimed cities and every animal but man still thrives. Humanity may end with them, but it still seems more hopeful than post-nuclear deserted wastelands where nothing will ever grow or live again. This world existed without humanity for a time, it's only fair that it will again.

That's some seriously confused word salad.

I just read that whole thing and now I'm overwhelmed with a kind of - I bet the germans have a word for this- "long term fear", because everything that user was saying made absolute sense and he's completely right in quite possible the worst and most uncomfortable way.

i know it's halloween season but that's just too spoopy

I like it where the world is 1 or 2 generations after whatever killed most people off. Where the only stories of the before times are the ones of the elders, who survived and grew out of the niche little lives they lived before to becoming the leaders and wise people they are now.

I like my apocalypses to be biological, with nature reclaiming what once were wide vibrant cities, and the earth definitely being on the path to recovery, even if mankind isn't.

I don't think 1 or 2 generations is enough for anything but people fanatically trying to go back to the world that was.

Wish he'd put a 'and thus we should be thankful for Veeky Forums, where everybody gets told they are wrong and should end themselves equally much'

Truth to be told, this sounds pretty scary

This gives me an unknown armies "this shouldn't make sense but kinda does" feeling.

I don't like it.

I think I remember something in Metro 2033, where the narrator states that as of now, only the older people living witnessed how the metro actually worked, and that their grandchildren will think it was magic that built the metro.

Wish I could word that in a way that sounds more sophisticated, alas I cannot find anything online. Thought that was a pretty powerful picture.

I feel like I should be stockpiling weapons and food now. Should I be stockpiling weapons and food now?

>Should I be stockpiling weapons and food now?

It's literally always a good time to be stockpiling weapons and food. It's better to be a soldier in a garden, than a gardener in a war.

I prefer Earth's fate to be essentially unknown. Like, for example, a couple hundred years into the future, after Humanity has just started to spread to the closest stars and the rockballs that orbit them, a more or less mysterious event happens that destroys the wormholes or prevents the hyperlanes back to Earth from working. The surviving portion of Mankind, perhaps in the tens of millions, is left to rebuild its industrial base from scratch. Nothing but noise can be heard on radio comms pointed towards Sol, telescope observations from light years away show no clue of what really happened or even if anyone's still alive back home. The remaining polities debate whether it would be safe to attempt a return to the cradle of Humanity, or if they should try to find new Gaia among the stars. If the event involved things like superweapons or a Human caused natural disaster, quite a lot of people would also probably melancholically say we should just call it quits, and let the memory of our civilization silently perish before we ruin more of the galaxy.

I've always wanted to play an apoc or post-apoc game but i've never really had the chance, bar two one-shot zombie apocalypse outbreak session that I LOVED but weren't nearly long enough.
I've always loved me some post-apoc media though, maybe I'll find a campaign that'll go that way one day.

>how you're more likely to die of loneliness ... The kind of world where ... everybody is basically, "shit, I've only met 10 people, oh my god, where is everyone."
I dunno user, the ant-like hyperpopulation and crowding of the modern world seems to be doing a fucking nightmare on our collective psyche. We might be programmed to enjoy companionship but for millenia that's been a companionship coming from small family or tribe of people. Those are the sort of numbers with which we can maintain meaningful satisfying relationships. I reckon humanity would adjust in a generation, 2 at most. I know I'd find it comfy. Maybe I'm biased.

As for gaming in the empty world. Where does the conflict come from? What sort off adventures would a party run in that world? Just scavenging - even in an vibrant 'green' world - seems lacking in drama imo. Love to hear what you've got in mind.

Also love to hear more about this colour guide to apocalypses. I honestly can't think of what other catagories you might have in mind.
I assume gray or black would be catagories, they could be almost any post-apoc though.
White = ice world?

Yeah I like what this user said, the survivor from NV comes to mind, building a life for yourself, reminiscing on old ways and helping new people survive in the apocalypse

Anyone ever ran a post-apoc game with the tweest being that the apocalypse hadn't happened to us but to some alternate history version?

I've been kicking around a pre-nuclear, WWI-style apocalypse where, rather than just one big bomb, society ended with the use of chemical weapons in major cities, basically decapitating global powers and forcing people back into city states far away from the still-toxic ruins of the old capitols and shelled out battlefields.

>Also love to hear more about this colour guide to apocalypses. I honestly can't think of what other catagories you might have in mind.
>I assume gray or black would be catagories, they could be almost any post-apoc though.
>White = ice world?

Oh, I didn't make it, user.
The 'colour coded apocalypses' was something invented by the cyoa/choose your own adventure autists and eventually subsumed into the greater Veeky Forums board culture, now, I'm no expert, but from what I recall:
-Green is any kind of overgrown or 'wild' apocalypse where nature has taken back the world. Examples: Life After People, The Last of Us, Horizon Zero Dawn, Breath Of The Wild.
-Blue is basically a water world, where in the world has been drowned, utterly consumed by the sea. Examples: Adventure Time, Wind Waker, W-water world, Flame In The Flood(?).
-Red is your classic, "scorched earth", desert-world, style apocalyptic mad-max world- it doesn't need to be nuclear, but it helps. Examples: Mad Max, The Fallout Series.
-White is your standard snowball earth or otherwise nuclear winter scenario. Examples: Girl's Last Tour.. Literally the only example I know of.
-Grey is your final, bleak, hopeless, sterilized, 'complete extinction' kind of dead world scenario. Examples: The Road, The Matrix, 9, That one pen and paper game where you play as mutant and or zombie children called 'dolls'.

Now, don't be mistaken: these colour coded apocalypses are meant to easily establish aesthetic, palette, and environments, they'e not they're to define how, why, or what caused your/our world to end. You can have a zombie apocalypse in a green or blue apocalpse, you can have a relatively comfy, but depressing grey apocalypse caused by sex-droids nanny-stating humanity to apathetic devestation, you can have a failed alien invasion cause a blue apocalypse, etc..

Fun little theory, and the things he speaks about as causes are indeed real, but his examples fail to bring it home in any meaningful way. Misery was written in 1987, which was before the "autonomic intelligence feedback loops" user was talking about took hold. I would contend that "artistic fanatacism" seems less prevalent in history because there was less fucking art of less fucking complexity in the first place. There's certainly plenty of instances of hysteria/moral panics/etc. over art that predate the very existence of computers, anyway, which means that even if this is a causative mechanism, it's weak and hard to quantify. Furthermore, the notion of living in parallel, created realities *also* predates computers, so that too seems suspect.

In short, it looks like user is screaming about the sky falling with very little evidence. That said, the fundamental premise-- That autonomic intelligence feedback loops controlling the market without human intervention are unstable and likely to ultimately lead to some serious bullshit for us humans-- checks out.

I love stuff like Metro where people are forced into little settlements in a fucked up world. It might not even be wasteland, just too dangerous, crazy or mysterious for most people to go out in so they hide in their little safe cities with 'rangers' going out to explore and gather supplies.

I guess a bit like that Veeky Forums mist horror setting we made a while back, the world is fucking mental even if not everything is dead and doomed and everyone hides in their little spaces. Maybe even like the Destiny setting where humans hide in their city with Guardians/Militia forces branching out to explore.

>What sort off adventures would a party run in that world?
As I said, I prefer the happy medium between almost empty world and less so. In my world settlements exist, but number only in the dozens in terms of population, with maybe a few major ones having a handful of hundreds of people, anything over 1000 is incredibly rare if not just entirely unheard of.

I'm still working out exactly how I will run it, but my current plan is to do a hex crawl with the players given a large map with a few points of interest already filled out, and otherwise leaving them to explore at their leisure, being treasure hunters and whatnot, and getting to interact with what people they run across.
Occasionally they will run into pirates, either roving or find a pirate stronghold by accident, savage tribals on islands, or ancient facilities still guarded by their old-world robot security systems, or just ruins where they have to contend with the wildlife.

I would like some overarching plot, but right now I'm looking at the game being more of a sandbox adventure game, at least the first few sessions while I build the setting, and it's hard to decide on as I'm still fleshing this out and haven't decided on what elements I really want in the setting, I've been really debating over the presence of a Lovecraftian like "Old one" kind of eldritch entity and other supernatural beings and occurrences being a thing, or if I want to stay in the bounds of merely sci-fi and have it be more mundane.

Bump

Ah London post-cleansing. truly a beautiful memorial.

About 30 years after, gray and distressing, strange mysterious shut that no one understands like /x/ type phenomenon and monsters. People live in small towns and first. I don't like fallout and its power armor and shit. It's cool for what it is but not my ideal apocalypse. Also psychic people exist with subtle esp powers, but nothing combat or physical, it's all mental, they can see the future of the universe's fabric or some shit. Also no one knows what caused the apocalypse really. Only a few remember all the bad things happening. I made this up and started running a game set in this world. Then I read Apocalypse World and it was basically the exact setting I had thought of.

I love the megaman legends approach myself.

Green, far future post apocalypses are always funy

I've always liked a green apocalypse, my favorite take is really the Amerigan tales setting which seems almost troubling in how plausible it could be. Or anything Ballard wrote.

I've been looking for a scan of this book for years and haven't been able to find it.

>Source on that pic, user? Looks cozy as heck.
Henry's Quest.

>m8, the tundras are full of life too.
Only because they have the rest of the planet's biosphere running interference for them.

my man

the best post apoc is still fighting hard to preserve the embers and return to prosperity, see space battleship yamato, warframe, etc. it is also best when it's not known exactly what or how the old world fell. men of iron forging their way through the darkness with a determined stride and without a clue

The text kinda reminds me of this book I read. I don't remember the name atm, but it was about humanity being subservient to these massive robotic extraterrestrial beings called Tripods, who basically implant a "subservience chip" into all humans when they reach a certain age.

It was called the White Mountains by John Christopher.

A problem with blue apocalypse is that it's unrealistic as fuck. I toyed with the idea for AW and the best I got was a thriving community in a terraformed Europa/Ganymede when SHTF in the whole solar system, let's say two centuries from now.

I really, really like the Cthtorr spin (not the societal angle, but the biological angle), tough I'm not sure if that would be considered green apocalypse. Let's say that I like the "changing ecosystem" idea from Nausicaa (which amusingly enough might be the bleakest apocalypse of the famouse ones, considering the almost total annihilation of the biomes implied) but I would probably do something more subtle.

As an european I like the idea of the "local" apocalypse. You would be surprised how little we do that shit there, even the gamers apparently like to go american or something. But we as a society are the children of Rome, it's fun to go apocalyptic again.

I have mixed feeling about the climat apocalypse. Great on paper, not really that good if you think about the boring (desertifications) implications.

One thing many people seem to take as granted is that the apocalypse would mean no bigger cities, as well. I don't think it would be necessarily so, depending on the apo of course.

My biggest one: I find most apocalypses uninventive of the SOCIAL aspects. It's mostly just warlords and/or return to old west villages.
I want more brainwashing, communism, anarchism, new religions, new world orders, even as much as new societal classes/systems.

Mine would probably be some kind of a magical apocalypse. Like, someone gained this immense magical power that reshaped and left most of the great cities of this medieval world in ruins. So the ones that managed to survive had to go underground or seek refuge in caves where they lived for a few generations to weather this magical cataclysm. Now they've recently decided to go out when the magical tomfuckery isn't as loud outside as it used to be and this brave new world is here to be explored.

A thing I found interesting reading Dreams Askew was the idea the we always think the apo is gonna be A thing. A cyclopean, world-econompassing thing.

What if if it happened in waves? In some place more than other?

What if it's still happening?

Meme wars. Reality was hijacked by the system, but where free though flourishes, bubbles of chaos rise to the surface.

/pol/ figured this out in 2016. Were you all living under a rock?
Pepe literally became a god that can manipulate reality before his creation; look it up.

>I want more brainwashing, communism, anarchism, new religions, new world orders
But most people want apocalypse pretty much to wipe that shit out. Well, maybe except the anarchism.

You gotta get new spins on the thing user, to better expose the reality of the human race

Best of all possible timelines.

Wait.. Thats just /pol/ being /pol/ right?
I mean, its just some white-supremacy fear mongering, right?
Its not supposed to sound reasonable and make sense..right?

>those three plant species in antarctica

I don't think that theory support s /pol/s ideology if anything it demonizes it.

You know I wasn't talking about Antarctica, and even then, Antarctica still has a lot of plant species, and even some animals. And the islands close by have even more variety.

Antarctica has three plant species.

I'm not familiar, what's its deal?

What

also, if I exposed the reality, the universe would implode and screeching beings of pure chaos would consume all, don't do this

"It's better to be a soldier in a garden, than a gardener in a war"
user, 2017

No. Stockpile AMMO and food. (Water and medicine too)
You only need as many weapons as you and your bunkerm8's can actually use and they need to bring their own, the freeloaders.

Beware. Just one step more and actual artificial intelligence will run the place.

Not true. This is what they're trying to stop when they speak of the NWO/Jews turning them into a cultureless, thoughtless, powerless, human cattle. It's materialism drawn to its logical extreme and /pol/'a cultural identity is Spiritual Traditionalist

no living memory of the past, ruins everywhere, society thrives off of the products of ancient technology they dont understand, but the area is desolate enough that the world is all but unknown for the most part.

I'd give the second game a play through if you want the feeling it gives.

>"traditionalist"
>believing in a completely fictionalized version of the past

yeah no

nice pic though

Turn back now, before you're in too deep.

I have to agree on the "everything is overgrown" type of areas for the most part. But then there are highly dangerous areas where nobody dares to go.... but where you still can find the most valuable leftovers.

Take the best from both worls, I guess.

>not knowing what Traditinalism is
Illiterate philistine

en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Julius_Evola

en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Traditionalist_School

Good places to start if you're interested in exapnading your horizons.

>Evola

Jesus christ user. He literally believed in Agarthi.

Aristotle believed in Atlantis
Not an argument.
Besides you clearly haven't read Evola if you don't know what Traditionalism is. Do some research before you deconstruct ideas based off a limited comprehension of the material at hand.

A guide on how to read but also understand Evola.

perhaps a bit of hyperbole but not without evidence.

>Ted is right again

What's the best apocalypse for an Engine Heart campaign where the only antagonists are other robots?

I'm stating that only subhumans could appreciate someone that stupid.

Kill yourself.

Man grew tired and left?

The trouble is that it isn't individuals creating art anymore but the free market and what the people want are comfortable politically correct garbage. Justin Bieber is the song that ends the world.

And then die from a treatable illness because you're all by yourself puking and shitting instead of engaging in survival activities.

Atlantis in ancient Greek time didn't have all that ancient space magic bullshit. The original myth was that there was a highly advanced island based naval power that suddenly sunk underneath the ocean one day. It is much more reasonable to believe than the modern version of the myth.

>IN THE 26TH CENTURY, MANKIND FACES AN EPIC STRUGGLE FOR SURVIVAL.
>THE FORCES OF NATURE HAVE SPUN WILDLY OUT OF CONTROL.
>MIGHTY CITIES HAVE CRUMBLED, AND THE DINOSAURS HAVE RETURNED TO RECLAIM THE EARTH.
> A WORLD GONE MAD.
>A WORLD WHERE ONLY THE STRONG SURVIVE.
>A WORLD OF CADILLACS AND DINOSAURS!

Hannah Dundee though