Jumpchain CYOA Thread #1829: Don't Mess With King Dice

>Google Drive
drive.google.com/drive/folders/0B1qb0_OLhDrDSmZpRWdZaGZRcWs?tid=0B20r6rsFLOg_Zk5RdVdya3hJNnc&authuser=0

>Jumpchain IRC Chat
client00.chat.mibbit.com/?server=rizon.mibbit.org&channel=#JumpchainCYOA
kiwiirc.com/client/irc.rizon.net/?#JumpchainCYOA

>Rules
pastebin.com/Gqj3iKyn

>How to Jumpchain
drive.google.com/file/d/0B1qb0_OLhDrDNjZmRG02SDFaRVk/view

>Last Thread

You bet your ass I am.

Mmmm, sorta. There's gonna be a living phonograph follower/item thing that hides nearby and plays mood appropriate jazz. There's also gonna a perk for Drop In that could really help with singing. If you recorded a thematic song I don't see why Jazzy couldn't play it at times.

Cool, I hope people are just as hyped when it releases.

That might be a good idea, yes.

On a side note, I find myself wondering how this perk would interact with things that were/are primarily oral traditions.

Val, Ride of the Valkyries Scenario questions.

Would the Speed version of Nine Divine Skills be enough to win Siegrune's challenge?

How the actual fuck is Helmwige's challenge even vaguely feasible?

No, but it'd get you quite close.

Valkyries can already see across thousands of miles with ease and have the strength to easily fire a bow that far or much further if the bow can withstand it. The Valkyrie focused on perception should be able to see far enough to see those targets and hit them.

Remember, these challenges aren't meant to be easy or fair. They're the challenges come up by a bunch of drunk, incredibly powerful warriors who were mostly teasing at the time. They're possible but...well, one of them basically mandated that you travel faster than light to accomplish it, another pits you against almost the entire military of the world that controls all the other world, once has you sneak through all of the underworld and steal a hair from the still aware death goddesss, etc etc.

Helmwige's challenge is honestly pretty straightforward.

Are the "worlds" separated just by distance, or is there some metaphysical component like being in other realities/planes?

>The Valkyrie focused on perception should be able to see far enough to see those targets and hit them.
That isn't what I meant, I mean how the fuck are we supposed to hit targets from entirely separate worlds? Wouldn't we have to fire a bow though the layers of the setting to hit those targets? Even Odin's fuck off spear is only on the continental level.

Could we use our own Bow for this challenge?

How cute is Hel in this setting?

Aren't there "paths" between the worlds in the Norse Myth?

Hey Val, if I use Unravelling from Medaka Box to do hours of work in minutes, do I feel/perceive/observe the task for hours, or does it actually feel like it only took minutes?

No, they're just separate by distance.

You can see the worlds from each other, so you're not needing to fire between dimensions or anything.

Not if it gives any special advantages towards hitting the target. If your bow is just one you're used to and very sturdy, sure. If it magically enhances your skill or auto hits targets, no.

Well yes but that is magical bullshit, the realms are either separate planes or layered on top of each other depending on the version of Norse Myth we are talking about.

Not bad.

The latter.

That is a silly dress.

Awesome.

In the Body Mod supplement, how is the "Must be set now" of the Height and Color perks interpreted?

(1) Your original body's general appearance, height and color as modified by your build, body type and stat choices. Buying tiers allows you to set this once to something else, immediately.

(2) Your new body's appearance, height and color are average for your chosen background/species in each jump as modified by your build, body type and stat choices. Buying tiers allows you to alter this once, immediately.

(3) Your new body's appearance, height and color are average for your chosen background/species in each jump as modified by your build, body type and stat choices. Buying tiers allows you to alter this once at the start of each jump.

(4) You new body's appearance, height and color are "set now" and modified by your build, body type and stat choices. Buying tiers allows you to alter your height and/or color at will within the limits of the tiers.

(5) I don't know, fanwank something!

(6) something else

Are you allowed to cheat so long as you don't get caught, or are the conditions fiat-backed? Like using teleportation or time-stop to move instantly and thus technically faster than the speed of light?

Yeah, the branches of Yggdrasil. Seven of the nine worlds are physically connected to the world tree.

Looks more like a swimsuit

5. Quicksilver isn't around to answer anymore.

Jump #425: Witchblade
>Queen of Wands, reversed: A cocky and domineering person, who pushes anyone or anything aside to get what she wants. One who is vengeful and quick to take offense without good cause.
I want to note that I draw the cards after the writeup is done, generally. This fits, though as is typical doesn't fit the jumper, but another aspect of the situation.
>Age: 24
>Location: Doji Industries, Tokyo
>Identity: NSWF
>Drawbacks: (+300) Obsessed Stalker
Not the first time I've dealt with a stalker, but a stalker with replicated witchblades? -wait wait wait something here isn't right, I stuck someone in a pod earlier but it's empty now...
>War Time Production (700)
Now, isn't this an interesting perk? I can replicate magical and technological artifacts on an industrial scale, if at a lesser power. Sure, this doesn't sound like it would be that useful, until you realize that it doesn't matter how many swords Gil is throwing if there's a dozen people using Avalon, for instance...
>Father (Free, NSWF)
Feh. If I'm going to raise kids, I'm going to raise them right. Grandfatherly demeanor, though? I'll take it.
>Stabilized (600, NSWF)
Negative side effects of wielding any weapons, gone? Why, certainly.
>Making of a Goddess (300, NSWF)
Oh look, I can replicate artifacts at full power. With both this and the War Time Production perk, I can replicate an army's worth of artifacts at full power. I think I'll be juuuust fine...
>Family Phone (Free, NSWF)
I can see the use of a phone like this.
>The Foundation (0, NSWF)
Ah, my own c̶u̶l̶t̶ fan club. I've... okay, never really wanted one of these, but I'll keep it anyway. Rolling this into being a proper R&D department for CruxCorp.

Will they provide a bow? I don't think a normal one would be up to the task and mine would be cheating.

So, you know how I said I hoped Lucy could find peace somewhere else? When I said that, I meant I threw her in a pod with the intent of letting her go on and live in some world that's never seen her kind. That is, I threw her in the pod after she helped test out the diclonius vaccine and had a crash course in becoming an ESPer by way of telekinesis.

So naturally, she's gone yandere and somehow gotten her hands on a couple of replica witchblades. At least she's not yandere in the romantic sense, I suppose? But when I wake up and she's standing at the foot of my bed staring at me, I'm not really especially cool with that.

So, why not? Let's embrace the crazy. And I mean, sure, the witchblades are interesting, but I've got better artifacts than that. In fact, let's kick everything up to eleven (thanks, magical intervention abilities!). Screw the lady with the Witchblade, she can deal with the NSWF's rejects. Rather efficiently, I might add.

We've got Doji Industries supplying the JSSDF's elites with watered-down cloneblades, which were used to good effect in Iraq (and against Somali pirates in a couple situations). And with examples like that, it isn't long until NATO's clamoring for them as well, a sort of universal weapon of sorts. Two years and the genie's out of the bottle, never to be put back in, even if the resulting weapon is rather weaker.

Those seem like they'd work.

Yes, they'll provide one sturdy enough, with sturdy enough arrows, to survive the needed strength.

Of course, as they're starting to fill those orders, CruxCorp is putting out its own more traditional armor and weaponry and selling to Britain and the United States to start. The overall effect is a superior product at a lower price, and the goal is revolutionizing warfare so a ground soldier can stand up to light armor. Within six months this devolves to open fighting between Doji Industries and CruxCorp, Tokyo being put under martial law, Doji trying to use some insidious features of their tools to seize control of the people using them, which of course gets particularly ugly.

Sure, it took about seven years and many hefty fines, but the end result was CruxCorp absorbing Doji's assets, including what was left of their research.

The user of the actual witchblade was very confused by the whole situation, but she made friends with some of CruxCorp's LMDs while fighting some cloneblade users, and ended up with a slightly watered-down Green Lantern ring in the end as a holdout weapon and utility device.

Are we actually related to Newton if we take Roma Warrior?

That wasn't one of her jumps.

But she's replacing it, so it gives her authority over that jump.

Its too midnight for this

Is she actually replacing it, or are you just doing the tired old bit?

None of this concerned me at all aside from getting the ball rolling, because you know how I thought Lucy wasn't yandere in the romantic sense? Yeah, I was pretty much wrong on that, because she'd gotten her hands on a handful of artifacts from the warehouse somehow, and in addition to telekinesis and witchblades, she could teleport and had the keys to my universal magic system that she used. Which was at first amusing, right up until the point that it was not.

I'd like to joke more about this, but I'm happily married, I'm not going to stick my dick in the kind of axe-crazy that she'll inevitably be, and I spent several years hiding from her until she started cutting a path across South America while trying to find me. At which point I slapped her hard enough to knock her clear across the Amazon, told her I'm just gonna fuck off to Venus, and she could come breathe sulfur if she wanted me so badly.

I shouldn't be surprised that she only took three months before she found a way to get to Venus AND survive, but three months is plenty of time to be prepared. It didn't help anything that she walked in on me at an inopportune time, but once she regained her composure and was hit by what was practically a wall of calming charms, we managed to have a logical discussion about her yandere tendencies. And the fact that she was not going to be coming with me after I left that world in about ten minutes.

She teleported away right as I left and, as far as I know, was planning to settle back somewhere where she didn't have to worry about people. Apparently, we're all disappointments. Guess I shouldn't have interrupted the plot of Elfen Lied after all, and just let her come to terms with herself.

Are you a moron, user? Why are you listening to him?

What jump even is this?

I don't know. I guess I just want to believe in people, think that not everything is a shitpost. Even when years of cynicism really should have taught me better.

Terra Formars. And begin OAA shitpost in 3...2...1...

Built Saber with everything but two EX skills. How much of a chance would this build have as a first jump? Not a serious attempt at a chain, just wondered what the chances of survival would be if this was a thing.

Holy Man
Command Seals - Free
Magic Circuits - Free
Stat Sheet - Free
Basic Training - Free
The Most Remixable Song - Free
Stronger Servant - 2800
Cast Iron Stomach - Free
A Man of Morals - Free
Limitless Supply Of Mapou Tofu - Free
Spinal Tap + 200
Born Through Fire + 200
Sealing Designation + 200
Centre Stage + 300
Black is the New Black + 300
JUMPER + 600

Servant: Artoria Pendragon
Class: Rider (-200)
Strength: A (-150)
Endurance: A (-150)
Agility: A (-25) - Discount
Mana: A (-100)
Luck: A+ (-300)
Magic Resistance: A (-125) - Discount
Riding: A (-125) - Discount
Charisma: A (-100) - Freebie C
Instinct: A (-250)
Mana Burst: A (-250)
Excalibur: A++ (-300) - Freebie C
Rhongomyniad: EX (-600)
Avalon: EX (-350) - Discount
Prywen: A (-250)
Clarent: A+ (-350)
Caliburn: A+ (-350)
Stronger Servant (+2800)
Independent Action: A+ (+175)

Aight, thanks.

OAA handed the jump off to an user. Said user revealed themselves to be Rose - who is a member of Valeria's group. As we saw with Bastard!'s progress, Valeria's pretty much going to be the driving force behind the jump update. Ergo - Valeria's the one I am going to ask these questions until the update is finished.

...That is a buff Saibah.

Also, shit odds. You'd get into the Berserker Problem immediately and either have your Servant nerfed to the point her mechanical build doesn't really matter, or fucking die trying to fuel her.

Just a friendly reminder that Medaka Sue + Unravelling + Doctor Stylish combo is basically Hanten's ability.

For Ortlinde, could you weaken/age Gleipnir with anti-magic and such, so long as you perform the actual act of shattering physically?

Rossweise... Baldr was only blessed by the objects on Earth, right?

Has to be raw strength.

All nine realms.

Hey, Val, quick question about Ultimate Lifeform's ability to upgrade something. How would that work with something like Demon Spawn from the Hero BBS jump? Would it allow us to create vastly more powerful demons at a lower cost?

Don't really wanna rule on perks from other jumps and it seems clear how an upgrade that makes something more powerful will upgrade something.

That's fair, and I get that, it's just that...I mean, for something like time stop or city busting power, it makes sense how those things would be upgraded. Time stops last longer, city busting becomes country busting. But then you have something vague like creating something. Do you create more things? Do you make better things? Both? Maybe I'm making a bigger deal out of it then it is, but I don't know, that seems harder to measure.

>Don't really wanna rule on perks from other jumps
Ah, so that's why you ruled Charms aren't spells, then. Oh, but they're not perks, are they? No, they're powers and abilities. Silly me. If it was in a different section, you'd be okay ruling on it.

Pick an avenue and have it boost that or spread it amongst them all at a weaker boost.

Eh, I suppose that works. Thanks, Val.

After winning most of the challenges and having Casa-Super-Nova how hard would it be to convince the rest of the Valkaries to marry you after the fact? I know it wouldn't make them companions but that's what Blue Feathers and Canon Companion purchases are for.

I didn't rule anything user. I asked what people thought and the side that thought it was spells and magic posted a bunch of quotes, pics and references to prove it, even including stuff from the jumps made for Exalted and none of the makers of the Exalted jumps spoke up otherwise. So I said to go with that. It's not ruling if one side is clearly the right one and all I'm doing is telling people it makes sense to me.

You mean the ones you didn't win challenges for? Not very hard at all with the perk.

But charms aren't spells and you shouldn't encourage the shitposters who say otherwise by agreeing with them.

About the Digimon Tamers jump, do I and my companion import honestly need to companion our digimon partners? Can't we just pick up some to partner with temporarily and then when the events of the series end, they travel back to the digital world forever like the others?

It's kinda like Pokemon Companions in that I don't quite feel comfortable with bringing them along. I really wish I could explain it better...

Can you prove that they aren't?

Then why don't you and your side just do what the charms = spells guys did and lay out reasons as to why Charms =/= Spells?

Or go to the Exalted Jump Makers and ask them to definitively rule on this rather than asking an involved Jumper Maker?

> an involved

> an uninvolved
I meant

Yeah, see, something like that can change the entire meaning of a line. No worries though user, that happens everyone every so often.

I shouldn't have to, because they evidently aren't, and anyone who says otherwise is a samefagging shitposter. The Exalted jump makers have already ruled that Charms aren't spells, and I need no ask them for another ruling, when one is more then enough. No ruling at all would have been necessary to be honest, because your entire argument was transparent powerwanking to begin with.

I mean, you could just refuse the option of them coming along. I don't see anything really wrong with that given there's no benefit to doing so and all.

>that happens everyone
FOR EXAMPLE.

>The Exalted jump makers have already ruled that Charms aren't spells

Proof, bitch.

Just a random user here dude. Not interested in Jumping any of the Exalted stuff because it'd make my Jumper way too broken and my chain will stop being fun after that.

Okay, so now that we've established that the Jump Makers have ruled on this, have you requested that they add the ruling to their Jumps as a Note?

If not, you should.

I don't need any. It's self evident, just like the existence of god.

>the existence of god

But him but BUUUUUUUUUUUUURP GOD'S NOT REAL MORTY

>Replying to obvious bait

I have a question about Mob Psycho's companion import. It doesn't say how many you get, do you get to import all of your companions?

Thanks user.

Why the fuck is it so hard to find the opening to the Good Loser Kumagawa episode of the Medaka Box anime on Youtube?

When they were brought up didn't someone quote the devs something like how Charms are more like the exalted equivalent of muscles then special techniques and a Exalted would never say something like "I used the such and such charm to defeat the guy" anymore than we would say "I killed him with my hamstring"

And then someone turned around and quoted a bunch of instances where specific charms were taught to students like they were techniques.

But we should all be used to Exalted Devs being contradictory by now.

The fact that there's an entirely different thing in-setting called "spells". "But user", you say. "Just because the term 'spell' is only used to describe Sorcery and Necromancy doesn't mean that charms can't be spells. They're just spells of a different type, despite never being referred to as such". But the problem is that you don't learn to cast charms. Charms aren't some piece of knowledge of how to shape magic, they're a pattern that you build into your being. The game mechanics call it "learning", but in the lore it's more like using spiritual cultivation to modify your metaphysical nature. A better equivalent would be some of the esoteric techniques in xianxia. When Ji Ning from Desolate Era cultivates his swordforce and crafts the Blood Drop sword-intent, that's not him learning a new attack. That's him building a pillar of the dao inside his soul that supports this new form of energy manipulation, a spiritual tool that's part of him instead of him just shaping energy on the fly based on a pattern he's learned. It's the same sort of thing with charms. You're not just learning the Heavenly Guardian Defense, you're carving a new pattern into your Exaltation that allows you to use Heavenly Guardian Defense (or more liekly, reactivating an old pattern, because the reincarnation of shards means some previous Exalted has probably already carved it for you). There are some sorts of being that are nothing but charms, if the Yozi didn't have their charms they wouldn't exist. Not "if the Yozi weren't using their charms", if they didn't have those charms on their stat sheet they turn into pure Essence that can't interact with anything. That's not a spell they're casting, it's a spiritual equivalent of organs.

Point.

That's pretty legit that.

Trying to decide on a regional specialty in Food Wars. What did you guys take and why? Or what did you decide to specialize in cooking in other jumps?

Also, what's your opinion on Mediterranean food? I like Greek restaurants, but I'm not very educated on fine dining.

This already came up and people already posted parts where the stuff you're talking about isn't true.

You tried this back when the argument was happening and people shut you down, why do you think it makes any more sense now?

Even if it did, why would that stop them from being magic?

Why do you care so much? If this is what you think, why don't you just treat it as that for your chain?

I mean, you would have a point if you weren't literally just making shit up to justify a position the devs themselves disagree with, that being that essence use is magic and charms are spells, called as much in the source material.

He's acting like the dude he's responded to provided actual evidence despite doing nothing of the sort. You too. Are being baited.

Did I say they weren't magic? No, I said they weren't spells. You can have all sorts of magical powers, but "spell" implies a formalized structure of knowledge. If a perk affects magic in general, fine, no problem there, it works on charms. If a perk specifically affects spells, it won't, because charms are magic but they're not spells.

Pizza

>Ignoring the rest of the post as expected so he can focus on the one thing he can answer

>charms aren't spells because of a semantics argument that isn't even technically sound because the devs still say otherwise
Fuck yourself. Charms are spells, deal with it.

Because Exalted is the worst fucking fandom and would literally kill someone before they allowed someone to tarnish their super special setting by saying PDs aren't omnipotent, or its concepts aren't entirely unique.

I was tempted when I did my build, but I decided against it simply because I had no idea what to pick.

There're a LOT of regional cuisines, much much more than I was expecting and it kinda left my head reeling a little when I was trying to read up on them.

Because it sets a bad precedent. Perks need to be specific in what they do and don't affect,, because otherwise it leads to arguments ironically much like we're having right now.

Again, never said they weren't magic. They are. They're not spells, though. That is a different thing.

I was ignoring the bits that were unsupported claims on your part, yes. Seriously, show me the posts with proof that charms are spells. And no "you can be taught them" does not mean they're spells.

Show me the dev post. Fucking do it, motherfucker.

I'd probably go Cajun or Texmex. It actually lines up with what I know and love and feels personal.

I don't really have an opinion given I've never really had Greek. I don't think it's too common down where I am in the states.

How can you honestly ask for proof despite providing none for your own claims?

So what about all your other perks that affect spells, then? Like Holy Hexes from KonoSuba, does that affect charms?

OF COURSE

Because you made the first claim. The burden of proof is on you. Do you not know how conversations work? That would explain a lot about this argument, if you lack basic understanding of language.

Go back to the last time we had this argument, no one can be bothered to do the exact same argument against the exact same counter argument.

My side already proved it's shit months ago when we first did this shit. You're the one trying to convince people of something different. I already have what I want, why would I care about convincing you?

I'm a different person but since you are the one starting the argument it is up to you to provide evidence first.

That's different. As that has also been expanded to include all learnable magical abilities, such as Skills from KonaSuba.

Fine. Whatever. It's not worth the hassle.

Though this...this is pretty shitty. "I already got what I want, so fuck being a good debater". You are what is wrong with our species.

If your side proved the shit before then the rest of the thread wouldn't be saying the opposite.

You're tempting me to say, "it's concepts are unique", then a spoiler tag and "ly shit" but spoilers don't work in the middle of words anymore also I don't actually have an opinion on Exalted, you've just provided a good setup.

They'll affect anything that is a spell. I know it's hard for autists like yourself to understand but you can actually think for yourself on this one and decide what is or is not a spell based on your own belief.

Or just...go ask someone who can actually decide? Seriously, you guys are acting like retards.

Even if you aren't the regular shitposter, and you still could be because he's copy/pasted arguments before, you're still a low functioning autist getting into a meaningless semantics fight and refusing to let non-issues go out of petty spite and that strange tingle you get in the back of your mind whenever you try not to be a turbo-autist that doesn't go away until you post something stupid.

Has it? Neat. That's not in the jump document, though. Val should edit it, then.