Chess

So I play Chess with a friend everyday and we do a lot of dumb shit. My friend has a habit of positioning his pieces like this as soon as possible.

Unfortunately I can't take any of his pieces as they are all covered as he moves into position.

So far the best way I've defeated him when he deploys this is by smashing one flank before it is completed, aiming for the rook specifically.

Thoughts on any better manner to go about this in?

Other urls found in this thread:

lichess.org/I0kbluNf
youtube.com/watch?v=ZV1bpMamCtY)
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

Just ignore him and develop the center, dumbass. His putting himself at a disadvantage, all you have to do is wait until you can profit from it.

Alright.

His strategy is just annoying and I like to go on the offensive.

Supposing I have my autism and need to go on the offensive, what is the best way to go about it? I'll take your advice next game as I suppose he doesn't make any immediate threats by doing it.

>Opponent renders himself totally incapable of affecting the board

Oh nooooo, whatever will you do?

Play me and just do what he does, I'll show you how to fucking dismantle it.

lichess.org/I0kbluNf

Shiet

That was quick. Thanks.

No prob. When in doubt always develop the center and get your pieces active. His strategy falls apart because all his strong pieces are basically locked into static positions and he has few ways to respond to pressure on the king, as you saw.

Have you EVER lost to this retardation?

HOW DO I DEAL WITH OBNOXIOUS PAWNS

LIKE SERIOUSLY WHEN PEOPLE JUST PUSH PAWNS UP IT PISSES ME OFF SO MUCH I CAN'T DEAL WITH THESE FUCKERS

Thanks anons, was fun to watch 9/10 would eat biscuits and tea with

I don't even play chess and I figure you can deploy yourself however you want on most of the boards and eventually force him to move out of his turtle and get eaten..

Or just trade a piece and exploit a hole.

White missed turn 7 Knight to f7, winning the queen.

I usually win, it's just very annoying to deal with and I was looking for some advice.

Thanks anons.

the key to beating pawn pushing is that, when a pawn moves it can never go back, so the squares it was defending are now permanently weakened.

OP here, this board should have more chess threads.

true

Is online chess even doable when powerful chess engines are available everywhere?

Imagine for a moment how Chess would play if players were able to capture their own pieces...

Play blitz.

I have no idea what that is, user. How does that help against chess engines?

People who use engines switch between playing you and using the engine where they enter the moves you make, wait for the engine to respond, and then make that engine move in your game. That makes them play slowly. You can beat those players on time if you aren't too bad. Such players take 5 seconds for the most obvious moves because they consult the engine for everything. In blitz chess you have to be fast or your time will run out.

But if the moves can be fed automatically to the engine, there wouldn't be any delay. Why aren't people doing that? Shouldn't any form of online chess spit out a move log that can be processed?

Those engines usually run in a separate program or those cheaters use some website with a free engine, but a chess platform wouldn't just automatically feed moves to another tab or program. They'd need a custom script for that. Which usually isn't their MO. Usually those faggots just have a second tab open with an online engine and copy the engine's moves.

I'd expect more rampant cheating considering how people can get in any form of competitive ranked play, honestly. I'd hazard that there are custom scripts to do this if you know where to look for.

I am certain there are people who use scripts but I was talking about your casual everyday cheater.

>Towers in a postion that can't be reached horizontally or vertically while pawns should be in the way.

He can't even position like that, user. Unless this is how he sets up to begin with.

What? Who would capture their own pieces? It wouldn't change the game at all.

You are fucking retarded.

There are lots of times you'd want to capture your own pieces. To get out of any given smothered mate, for instance. Or just to bulldoze a few pawns that are in the way of your own attacks. The Muzio Gambit is actually stronger in games where white is spotting their queenside knight, since the rook can get into play faster, so you have any position similar to that. Use your imagination.

There was a game a while back where someone traded a pawn for an opposing piece, trapping his opponent and causing a checkmate. Never underestimate a seemingly stupid tactic

Agreed, Chess General when?

I'm on chess.com and their tactics trainer aggressively pushes this.

It's pretty cool in concept but I have never, ever been in a position to do it in an actual game and I pretty much compulsively play blitz games whenever I have a couple of free minutes.

Discussion on chess on Veeky Forums is generally slow and there's always the autist who pushes for jokes around these lines (youtube.com/watch?v=ZV1bpMamCtY) and shits up a thread.

The point of doing those puzzles is to ingrain into you certain patterns and positions that you can do. It's like a step below knowing how to turn a King + Pawn vs King ending into a mate and not a stalemate.

Many smothered mate patterns, for example, are very formulaic and doing enough smothereds will let you see them. Not everything is like Kasparov's Immortal.

he's literally giving you free development