Warhammer 40k General /40kg/

Imperial Armor Match Ups You Want To See edition
SoB vs Dark Eldar subedition

>Boooooonesinger is Reaady!
warhammer-community.com/2017/10/24/free-rules-for-the-craftworlds-bonesingergw-homepage-post-2/

>Daily Duncan Playlist
youtube.com/watch?v=VB2DNpIWyjo&list=PLEaPE4sLDA7ucJ0dkiVZSW6ghZUNGFHIW&index=1

>GW FAQ (1.2, Commissars now working as intended):
games-workshop.com/en-GB/Rules-Errata#40k-errata

>FW FAQ (1.1):
warhammer-community.com/2017/07/15/new-and-updated-forge-world-faqs-july16gw-homepage-post-2/

>Rules and such. Use Readium on pc/iphone, lithium/kobo on android:
>Everything 8th edition in properly converted pdf & epub, fully bookmarked and linked with in-line errata annotations
mega.nz/#F!bF0ExS4D!_XaMECn0K9HiJKUFSopJLA

>Other Megas
mega.nz/#F!64wmnBZR!rWcm37EkOOeToeueqhPjpA
mega.nz/#F!BxI1HSgI!0tKymKh9RZTzGpgIA5EyCg
mega.nz/#F!9NchGZyZ!-V1LhJALxDp9Tw97WzEQGA
mega.nz/#F!pFgm0RKR!J06C1gVYcjzNGsF8YNLsjQ
>Old Black Library Mega
mega.nz/#F!wx4BiKhD!YhnAf1BqSmAB8dO6xDM56Q

>WIP Math-hammer doc (Thanks Chart-user!)
docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1h0hk_IdJ7fivDEjMiIpKM5yMMB8HTm64lZHuKdLZCIU/edit?usp=sharing

Other urls found in this thread:

regimental-standard.com/2017/10/25/the-history-of-the-imperium-tanks-of-old-terra/
youtube.com/watch?v=lFAOmdEq5SY
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

Thoughts?

First for Carcharodons.

R8 my list. Semi comp FLGS, No doctrine until i get a true DKOK doctrine

Lack AT but praying for good rolls with the 9 Earthshakers.

DKOK 1996/2000 11 CP
Fluffy List

++Spearhead Detachement (1CP)++
◇203Pts◇

▪HQ▪
1 Field Officer [23 Pts]
▪HS▪
6x3 Mortar Teams [180 Pts]

++Spearhead Detachement (1CP)++
◇203Pts◇

▪HQ▪
1 Field Officer [23 Pts]
▪HS▪
6x3 Mortar Teams [180 Pts]

++Brigade Detachement (9CP)++
◇1590Pts◇

▪HQ▪
3x1 Field Officer [69 Pts]
▪Troops▪
6x10 Dkok [300 Pts]
▪Elite▪
3X10 Engineers [240 Pts]
▪FA▪
3x1 Centaur Light Carrier [162 Pts]
▪HS▪
3x3 Earthshaker Carriage Battery [819 Pts]

I proxy Falcons as wave serpents

Death Korps best Korps

>no Solar Auxilia

I have a problem. I have two plague marine units. One is range focused and one close combat. I have room for one Plague Doctor or one Tallyman to hang out with one of the units. What should I take. Also I like the Tallyman model so yah that's also a thing.

I want to make a Primaris force thats all in your face, so far I have

2x Inceptor Squads with plasma incinerators
2x Reiver Squads with Grav-chutes, bolt pistol and knives

They will have Black Templar chapter tactics

Thats around 1000pts and will probably start in reserve on turn 1, what would be a good force to reinforce that? 1000pts of Russes or Dreadnoughts? Maybe Crusader squads in Rhinos?

Annihilator leman russ

>Space Marines are the poster boys for 40k
>Their Codex is very mild compared to the Chaos, AM or Eldar Codexes

What did GW mean by this ?

Any suggestions on getting started with Elysians?

I want to field some Custodians and Sisters of Silence, but noticed they don't have any HQ units. How should I go about this?

That its a very forgiving army that does a bit of everything but nothing too great, Marines have always been mid tier with Wolves being ahead of the curve every now and then.

I know it's the case that Forge World is a mess as things are, but do we have any information on any Imperial Armour books that are supposed to come around anytime soon? Or at all?

Why is there blood splatter on a bolter?

Maybe he blasted some dude and his artiery was just going crazy. Walked over the body and it splerted our onto him

He stuck the mag up some xeno's ass

We know nothing

Why does everyone do fuckin' Carcharodons? Just because they're OMG SO EDGY, SO COOL or what?

Best legion

>Not putting your bolter halfway through xeno scum, setting it to "Emperor's Wrath" RoF and pulling the trigger until it goes click

fucking weak!.

something different I guess?

Is the PDF that denies BA and SW Primaris Intercessor sergeants access to power swords still valid? Wasn't that put out before the codex, so does the codex trump it or what?

I’ve never seen anyone else do them. And different so I like them for that. I’m not really about edgy just like different.

what is your favorite Necron named character ?

>While we do not know much about the T54 tank (certain records have been suppressed by the Fabricator-General for unknown reasons), we know that it was relatively rare, with only around 100,000 units manufactured. Judging by the small size of the main armament, Fabricator-adepts believe that this vehicle probably used primitive energy-projection technology akin to the lascannon, designed to support larger vehicles.

>As for what T54 stands for, the answer is obvious! T54 was clearly an adept of the Mechanicum in the early days of Mars, and discovered the STC for this vehicle, much as Arkhan Land (binharic praise upon his name) discovered the STCs for the Land Raider and Land Speeder.

regimental-standard.com/2017/10/25/the-history-of-the-imperium-tanks-of-old-terra/

>Attacking the enemy with a cavalry sabre from the turret hatch would be all but impossible due to its awkward position, even if the crew drove the officer very close.

This shit is gold

Arrrghhh

Just got my Scions in the mail, and need help coming up with a paint scheme. I thought of a Nilfgaardian paint scheme and now I can't think of anything else. When coming up with a paint scheme does anyone here get stuck on one idea?

>early days of Mars
>discovered the STC

I'm pretty sure colonization of Mars predates STC. And STCs were "discovered" during and after the Age of Strife, when the whole system fell down.

>doesn't post the bit about sloped armour being shit

Do a test model and see what you think

>While we do not know much about the T54 tank (certain records have been suppressed by the Fabricator-General for unknown reasons)
New tanks for AdMech/Imperial Guard?

On the off chance I don't like the look, how do you safely strip paint from a model? Never done it before.

Easier than you think. WIP has a link for it

>new battle report with DG, alright I wanna see this!
>First 10 minutes and already like 3 mistakes

Fuck sake.

youtube.com/watch?v=lFAOmdEq5SY

Soak it in simple green for a day, use a soft bristled toothbrush and warm water to scrub and rinse it away. Repeat if needed, but you usually don’t.

Thanks for the advice, probably going to start building them tonight.

Someone I know is doing them, and it seems like every time someone posts SM that aren't one of the big names it's Carcharodons.

Because someone died messily in front of the bolter.

What the hell is 9d6 S9 AP-2 Dd3 explosions if not anti-tank?

4 Squads for 1000 points?

Christ that's expensive!

Simple Green never gives me the results I'm looking for.

Castrol Super Cleaner is the way to go. Wear some Nitrile gloves, soak the models (plastic, resin, or metal it doesn't have adverse effects on any) for about an hour. Scrub with an old toothbrush if you even have to and bam. Comes in a huuuuuge purple bottle for like $12 at Walmart. It's a degreaser so it's good stuff.

As is Simple Green, I forgot.

They missed an opportunity to talk about the M1 "Abrahams" that liberated the Slaves in a country called "Philanthropies"

I considered howling gryphons before the if it counts for anything. I just hate ultramarines too much

Yep, not exactly 1000pts but close enough, 10 man Reivers are 200pts and plasma Inceptors are around 300pts. Primaris are super expensive which is good to start an army since the game became a bit smaller and you can finish an army really fast but they are also limited in model count and currently options for other stuff.

Are inquisitors any good

I love them, I use them all the time with my Guard.

Don't know why they've become so popular lately, probably just more players finding out about them and picking them up for the same reason they were popular in RT and 5E Badab.

I personally picked them up when I first learned about their revamp back in the day because of their color scheme and melee focus. Plain grey chapters were pretty rare before 30K SW, you only had what, Relictors and Space Sharks? Combined with black eyes, white facelates, and black shoulders and you had a clean, simple, striking scheme, same reason people love Iron Warriors.

Waacfag.

Yeah plasma inceptors are crazy expensive.

On paper they seem like they could be powerful, but costing like 280 for 3 2w models that need a deep striking captain to not overcharge themselves to death, I'm not surprised to have not seen them in anyone's lists yet.

Think "Lord Commissar without Summary Execution but a reroll to Moral". Similar cost too.

Make the chainsword black IMO

MW is the worst went it comes to not knowing the rules and even though people in plain English tell them in comments they make the same mistakes over and over.

>mistakes
Name 3

>Without summary execution
So strictly better then?

>>strictly
Different side abilities, keywords, invuln save/not and other wargear. So no.

Casting putrscent vitality on Mortarion. Can't do that.

Not rerolling 1s with Land Raider when Mortarion was right next to it.

Havoc Launcher treated as if it has Ap -1.

Use rubbing alcohol instead of shit that requires gloves, moron.

Nah my man. I’m happy with the chain saw. I think I’m done with the model now though.

Green for taste,
Red for men,
Blue Altoids are just for fags

What's the name of the hugefuck gatling gun on a Terminator? It just says to check the Terminator Heavy Weapon list, but ctrl+f doesn't find it in the codex.

>MFW when I bought two MKIII tactical boxes for my new CS/BP Crusaders and realized there is 1 bolt pistol per box.

What do unfi/tg/uys?

It's the asscan.

Strange name but I didn't name it.

Assault cannon.

Bits. Its what I do.

The STC was found by an admech priest named Fulljizz Asscan, the Asscan was named in his honor.

Contempt suicide.

Didn't you check beforehand? Use regular Marine arms or fashion bolter arms into pistol and CCW arms.

Buy the upgrade kit or two, should be enough to make a full close combat squad with a special weapon, I've also modelled a couple of dudes with two chainswords and a holstered bolt pistol though in this edition that might not fly depending on how much of a stickler your opponent is with WYSIWYG

Dude you just attack a man like that? Rude.

Saw a deal on Ebay for 50% off each box and jumped the gun.

Thinking of shaving down the phobos pattern bolters, but they look pretty cool and it would be a shame.

>Get to GW around 2:30. (supposed to open at 12)
>Closed. "Be back at 12:45!"
>Oh, maybe they're at lunch or something? I'll wait until 3:30 and eat. No big deal.
>3:30 Still closed. Facebook post goes up saying "We're going to open late, at 4:30."
>Well that's fucking annoying, but I can wait. Don't have time to come another day this week.
>It's now 5:10 and the store still isn't open.

Should I shoot GW an email to complain? It's super fucking frustrating having NO information.

Ass Cannon

Since I'm removing commisars from my list, I was thinking of making room for an inquisitorial detachment with some assassins. Would this be fun?

Blood Angels pattern Heavy Flamer.

Is the Master of Ordinance worth the points for those artillery rerolls?

No get Harker instead, you should use catachan doctrines anyway so might as well get him

Is there still a troop choice tax in 8th edition

For the initial volley sure, he basically loses his bonus after your enemy moves away from his deployment zone but he's like 40pts and brings a bombardment on his own so I dont think he's bad.

>Not ordering everything from the comfort of your home and having everything delivered to your doorstep
>And play games at the LGS that is open until after midnight to enable all the nerd addictions of course

Only got yourself to blame user.

Some formations have them, some have different slots as tax.

Its ap-3

>Since I'm removing commisars from my list
>I'M NOT A WAACFAG GUYS, HONEST

Fuck off taufag.

GW is the only place near me that does Warhammer. Also, I like to support my local manager. Then problem is they have a shitty guy covering for him atm.

Why wouldn't I remove commisars though? I want to win. What's wrong with that?

They did this to me ONCE.
I emailed GW and they are opened on fucking time ever since.
That day i wanted 3 christmas battleforce and ordered them at wayland instead

Casualfags can't cope with the fact that people win against their suboptimal garbage speshul snowflake list

Thanks a lot.
I love the 40k lore so much.

>I love the 40k lore so much
I strongly suspect you're being rused

SomI was on discord earlier and one guy asked if the orks painted a vehicle red twice would it go faster twice?

What's Veeky Forumss opinion on this?

I view myself as pretty casual though. I'll let you undo any rules mistake unless it's super obvious you were intentionally cheating. I'll share my six pack with you if you're playing with me. About the only thing I really dislike besides cheating is people getting super autistic about the story.

But I do want to win, and I'll make my list enable that. Why is that bad?

>wanting to win

This one's too easy

Even grots known that a trukk will go even fasta if you apply multiple thin coats of red

I know it was a jape, but I was following in the same fashion. Or are you joking too?

Nothing bad with that i do the same but some autists here think that just playing guard means you're a WAACfag

Which edition is your favorite?