Horror Thread

"Halloween is in a week and I'm living up that spooky autumnal vibe" edition

Post and discuss spooky pics, stories, videos, music, interpretive dances, etc. and how one might implement them in a TTRPG or other Veeky Forums-relevant context. Dumping to start.

What does the party seeing this mean in your game(s), Veeky Forums?

I've always wanted a game that conveys the atmosphere of some of Beksinski's ruddier landscapes, particularly pic related. Scorn is promising in that regard but I wonder if Veeky Forums has any recommendations.

I really really want to run a Halloween one shot that's a combination of three things
>that Veeky Forums story about the DM who made his players wear gas masks and shit while they ventured into the depths of Olympus mons on mars
>the short story "the city" from ray Bradburys "the illustrated man"
>AM from I have no mouth and I must scream
But I know none of my players will be available (we play via Skype and table top simulator) and I'd never be able to create as tense and claustrophobic atmosphere as id like in a long distance game.

Don't know the first two but insane AIs are always good. The dream game I want to run (and will probably never run) is The Thing. Just too much meta going on and most fa/tg/uys have seen it so they'd pick up on it ASAP, making the metagaming even worse.

In the first this DM just does a godlike job of atmosphere, and he even does things like split the party up and force one guy to swap space suits with a dead body, and when the group meets up further down the line they murder the shit out of the other guy because they don't realize it's him.
And the second is a story where humans land on this alien deserted city, and as they explore the city is quietly weighing and measuring them, as the humans wiped them out thousands of years ago. Then it basically opens a hatch under the captain and the city graphically dissects him and replaces his innards with machinery. Then it does the same to the rest of the crew and sends them back to earth with biological weapons, as a long dead civilizations revenge.

Yeah it's damn difficult to make people play along and roleplay properly.

I had a friend who every year would run a version of "the thing" that takes place on a mission to mars, at gencon.

I never got to play but it sounded amazing. Notes flying back and forth to the GM at break neck speed.

or if you prefer the original variety which is still kinda spooky:

isn't that the one we have saved on sup/tg/ ?

Oh man. Does he have notes or a system you could share?

bump

I've got plans for a game about being trapped in a frozen wasteland, with the only chance of getting out alive being inside an old Soviet research station filled with murderous machines that have decided wearing human flesh is fashionable.

I don't suppose anyone has good pictures for that sorta thing? I got like, one from that movie Virus that's sorta similar. Pic related.

Reminds me of Kingeater's Castle from Sunless Sea