/swg/ - Three Eyed Prophet edition

Last thread: Post about FFG, d6, Saga/d20, X-wing, Lego, Armada and anything else Star Wars Related

Legion announcement
>fantasyflightgames.com/en/news/2017/8/18/star-wars-legion/

Fantasy Flight Games’ X-Wing and Star Wars: Armada Miniatures Games
>pastebin.com/Wca6HvBB

Fantasy Flight Games’ Star Wars RPG System (EotE/AoR/FaD)
>pastebin.com/wCRBdus6

Shipfag's Starship Combat Fixes for EotE/AoR/FaD
>mediafire.com/file/y9w713etmckbs98/Shipfag.JPG
Other Fantasy Flight Games Star Wars Tabletop (Imperial Assault, Star Wars: Destiny and the Star Wars LCG)
>pastebin.com/ZE4gn0yN
Fantasy Flight Games Dice App (Works with X-Wing, Armada, the Star Wars RPG system and Imperial Assault)
>mediafire.com/download/64xy3uy6vepll8v/com.fantasyflightgames.swdice.ver.1.1.4.build.9.apk

Older Star Wars Tabletop (d6, d20/Saga, etc.)
>pastebin.com/wXP0LdyJ

Reference Materials & Misc. Resources
>pastebin.com/AGFFkSin

All Canon Novels and Comics (via /co/)
>mega.co.nz/#F!2R5kDTqQ!WfrDla-jvDIn05U57T9hhQ

Just What IS Canon Anyways?
>starwars.wikia.com/wiki/Canon#2014_reboot
>starwars.wikia.com/wiki/Timeline_of_canon_media

The Clone Wars Viewing Guide
>img.4plebs.org/boards/tg/image/1442/36/1442364889994.png
Writefaggotry
>pastebin.com/Un1UhzZ4
Shipfag's hangar
>drive.google.com/folderview?id=0ByhAdnTlOKOeQnA4SFByUC1aQWM&usp=sharing

Heroes of the Aturi Cluster, co-op X-Wing campaign
>dockingbay416.com/campaign

Trioculus bids you Dark Greetings!

Other urls found in this thread:

starwars.wikia.com/wiki/Zoomer
starwars.wikia.com/wiki/Guardian_Mantis
starwars.wikia.com/wiki/Aegis-class_combat_shuttle
twitter.com/AnonBabble

So Trioculus looks like it's coming along pretty well, aside from the missing spiky shoulders.

For other Alt-art cards, what should I make?

I've got 700 cards worth of money to work with, and a pilot card counting as 2.

Today's recent X-wing FAQ means I probably don't need to make a Genius card, and now I know I'm including the following-

- Trioculus (Hux)
- Cheaty palpatine

And I'm not sure what else I should throw in there.

Are you on a time limit for these? I might just wait to see what the next big menace is

Any recommendations for a cool but small ship that a bounty hunter the PCs are probably about to murder the hell out of would have?

M22-T Krayt Gunship

Or it's baby brother, M12-L Kimogila.

The Porax-38 is an underappreciated, stylish craft for the discerning bounty hunter. A Kihraxz in the cool configuration could also work

Where do you put the prisoners in either of these?

Perhaps a vintage model is more his style?

You don't need prisoners if you never taken them alive

Pick one and add some stats I guess

Ooh, these are good. Anybody else think a lot of these have a CIS/TF aesthetic?

It does have to be a prisoner-capable ship, the bounty hunter wanted to take one of the players in alive

Heres one of the ones he finished as well, not a bad looking little ship

Shit bounty hunter then.

Ah, then perhaps something a little bigger

Modified HWK-290 or a G-1A might fit the bill

DX-9 Stormtrooper transport. On the big side but a monster in combat.

now that Biggs and Dengar is dead

we can make Imps Great Again

It's still weird to me that ship seats several. I guess it's because my only exposure to it is as a wing of bombers in EaW.

Perhaps he prefers a Corellian Classic?

I don't have time for commissioning any more artists that take more than a week. I'm looking to have these ready for regionals, and I want to mail some out soon.

I'm wondering what other cards would be funny or cool to include.

Or should I just do 250 Trioculus+condition and 200 Cheaty Palpatine?

It should ideally hit the sweet spot where it can be used to carry a prisoner, but can be shunted inside a Wayfarer's cargo bay, so that my players can actually take it back with them

Aggressor Assault fighter?

a YT of the smaller variety..

As a side note, is this too lethal for FFG starfighter battles? In retrospect I'm not sure they party could handle these at all, i've mostly used them as a backdrop rather than an actual opponent for them to fight, but they are getting to the point that they will. Unlike Aces, I use them as "stealth fighters" that mop up the hell out of A-wings and other things, inspired by things like the F-22. I know it is about as fast as the interceptor, but iirc in old canon it WAS the fastest and most agile TIE variant of them all:

TIE-Hunter variant

Sil: 3; Speed: 6 (maybe 7); Handle: +3
Armor: 2, HT: 10, ST: 10; Def: 1/1
Hyperdrive: 3 (for those sudden strikes)
Weapons: Medium laser cannons (linked 2, Dam 6, crit 3), Medium ion cannon (6 dam, crit 4), Proton torp (Limited ammo 3, crit 2, breach 6, blast 6, guided 2, slow fire 1)
MODS: Electronic countermeasures (the "stealth" part), high output ion engines, advanced firing array (blue dice to attacks).

OH! I have an idea, let me hunt around on the old wookieepedia and see if I can find the stupid thing...

starwars.wikia.com/wiki/Zoomer

Throw in some "fold-in wings" and you are good to go. It kinda reminds me of the old aquatic planes of the WW2 era. Maybe it isn't "fighty" but it IS pretty comfy and light

Perhaps a civilian Lone Scout-A (it has a shield where the TIE Scout does not)

starwars.wikia.com/wiki/Guardian_Mantis

Another option. The "navigator/gunner" slots were never used in-game, so presumably it could be done with just 1 person. It's small and light.

A missile shuttle could work too, just replace the UNLIMITED MACROSSE MISSILE spam with autocannons or something

3 cards to distribute seems like plenty as is

Let us know if they go up for sale at any time

starwars.wikia.com/wiki/Aegis-class_combat_shuttle

This may be too big, the picture's dimensions look like they could scale weird.

OR, a final option, a moddified LAAT with a hyperdrive. We know they can do orbit and re-entry, just remove a lot of the extraneous stuff and extra munitions and pack in a small holding cell, a bunk bolted to the back, a locker, and a bathroom. Small, but cozy.

The LSA-1 is good, so is maybe a TIE Shuttle/bomber variant, or HWK.

Depending on the source, the G1-M4-C Dunelizard could carry a co-pilot/passenger or astromech droid. The elongated style 2 design might have enough space to cram a second seat in there.

How about a flying AT-ST?

I believe you used the wrong photo there, chap. Also, A-wings are faster in-canon than interceptors as well, but they both have a speed of 6. I wouldn't give a ship its very own unique speed category, just flavor it in the narration and maybe give it unofficial blues against similarly fast ships because of its slight advantage in speed.

If you want fast and sleek, S-type Racing sloop. It's not a fighter, but it's fast as dicks and holds crew 2 passenger 2 in SIL 3.

You want something modular, try the Wander-class jump freighter. Mon Cal competition to the HWK, 3 crew, 1 passenger but a lot of hard points. Give it an astromech socket and you could probably convert the crew space to hold some more as prisoners.

Okay, and yeah that was my bad with the pic, that ain't a TIE like I've ever seen

that's some Mad Max shit right there.

Ha ha, oh wow the absolute madmen.

>AT-ST/TIE Pilot buddies flying towards the resistance
>pull out spray paint
>WITNESS MEEE
>Kamikazes into your Blockade Runner

I want the Palpatine and Wampa card, for sure. Trioculus mite b kool.

The issue with the Wampa card is that I would need to get someone to do better art than pic related, and I wouldn't be willing to pay that much.

So when do the Thon Bokka show up?

That TIE with x-wing engines and lasers is fucking balling!

Drawthread maybe?

agreed, I like it more than I wish i did

Biggs and Dengar didn't make Imps suck, bombs did

Well, ASLAM bombs and Genius infini-bombs is done for too.

I feel like genius and Biggs were a little harsh. But maybe now the T-65 can get buffed

I wonder what would change if somehow, Obi-Wan survived the Death Star.

Does he kill Vader in this hypothetical?

Genius isn't really harsh. It's more wordy, which some people who prefer the game to be simple will be upset about, but really it just means that you keep the same effect but it no longer lets you just move wherever the fuck you want (no more overlapping then bombs or whatever seems to be a theme now) to use and isn't compatible with Bomblet Generator - while keeping the original function of a 0 pt upgrade.

If that means that Genius keeping it's original text is bad then Genius wasn't very good in the first place, eh?

Biggs is rough, but the mentality of Biggs and his oppressive nature to the games tactics can't be understated. We need to shake things up. Now biggs requires long-term tactical thought to implement, requiring both players to think about it more, but not without forcing the opponent at gunpoint to react to it all the time. Who knows, people may even try out different assemblages of Biggs to befit his new role. Sometimes you gotta shake the trees a little get minds to bear new fruit.

Let's say, sure, Obi-Wan does kill Vader.

Obi-wan's own angst over killing Anakin and his reluctance to tell Luke the truth of his parentage ends up in Luke spiralling out of control and falling to the Dark Side himself, bad end.

Whoah who's the robed dude in the back?
I never read this series...

One of those is literally just a rip off of the proto-Lancer-class pursuit ship, specifically the one designed for Ventress for Clone Wars

Its ok to like terrible
I mean, its star wars!

Piett gets a bit of coverage in Lost Stars, which actually makes him out to be a little bit more 'human', has some fears and not a hard charging, cock juggling wanker like nearly all Imperial officers seem to be.
Not a bad book really if you're an empireboo or just curious to see how the civil war/rebellion is taken by people, though it does have endless whining about lost love/long distance forbidden love which is kind of annoying... but in hindsight its actually kind of in theme with star wars being endless whining in space which is sporadically broken up with violence.

Random question, but are nuclear warheads a major thing in star wars? I'm in a discussion about a couple things, and the other guy is saying nukes are so weak compared to turbolasers that they've been phased out of production in their entirety. After a quick search on the Wook, I only found 1 article, and it's largely centered on Mandalorians getting their hands on a cache of them during their big war. Anybody have some insight?

So, thoughts if Obi-Wan didn't kill Vader, but escaped the Death Star?

I'm assuming you're asking if Obi escaped on the Falcon with the rest of them.

When the Empire tracks the rebellion down to Yavin 4, Vader personally leads the 501 to the planet's surface, hell bent on tracking down and defeating his former master. Since I don't see Obi-Wan piloting a snub fighter, and would probably stick around with Leia, he'd most likely remain on the surface when the Empire enters the system. Since it'd be assumed that Vader would scramble more forces than what was on the Death Star, probably bringing in a fleet of Star Destroyers if he was able to, the rebels would be even more hard pressed to put up a fight long enough for red squadron to pop a torpedo down the exhaust port. But at the same time, with Vader not running interference in his TIE advanced, more of the squadron would possibly make it through the gauntlet.

The ground fight would be bad. The rebels were already in the process of packing up what they could and trying to vacate the system. Without having prepared positions, and not being dug in, the forces Vader leads would probably take care of them without much delay. Obi, after having met Princess Leia, would probably realize pretty quickly that "oh shit, this young woman, Leia Organa, is the sister of Luke, which means that I can't let Vader get to her". Once having obtained confirmation that Vader is currently cutting his way through the swathes of redshirts left in the base, he'd probably try to lead Vader away from the command center where Leia and the rest of the rebel command group is situated at. After all, he was willing to lead Vader on a wild goose chase just days before when it came to Luke, so I don't that he'd have a problem with doing it again. And that's not even taking into account that he could have mentioned the fact that Leia is force sensitive to her at any time during their interacting. Double the potential force users practicing sooner means a better chance to toppling the Sith. 1/2

So, every instance of poisons and such in the FFG RPG lists the difficulties of their resilience checks in difficulty die, but then lists the effects of despairs? Under what circumstances would you ever upgrade these difficulties? It's weirdly making me mad.

That's it. I'm sick of all this "Masterwork X-Wing" bullshit that's going on in the Outer Rim right now. TIE Fighters deserve much better than that. Much, much better than that.

I should know what I'm talking about. I myself commissioned a genuine TIE/ln starfighter in Lianna for 60,000 Imperial Credits (that's about 2,400,000 Alliance credits) and have been practicing with it for almost two days now. I can even cut through hordes of unarmed civilian protestors with my TIE fighter.

Enslaved Imperial craftsmen spend weeks working on a single TIE fighter and finetune the engine up to a million times to produce the finest starfighters known to the galaxy.
A TIE fighter is twice as manoeuvrable as rebel ships and thrice as mass produced for that matter. Anything an X-wing can dogfight, a TIE fighter can dogfighter better. I'm pretty sure a TIE Fighter could easily burst a Jedi knights head wearing full armor with a simple vertical flyover thanks to its screaming twin ion engine.

Ever wonder why the Chiss Ascendancy never bothered conquering The Empire? That's right, they were too scared to fight the disciplined Empire and their TIE fighters of destruction. Even at the battle of Endor, Mon Calamari soldiers targeted the men flying the TIE Fighters first because their killing power was feared and respected.

So what am I saying? The TIE fighter is simply the best starfighter that the galaxy has ever seen, and thus, require better stats in the Outer Rim.

>t. Kylo Ren

2/2
With the 501st securing the base, executing rebel scum as they do so, potentially taking prisoners if opportunities arise (do they take prisoners if people try to surrender? Dunno), Ben is busy trying to lead Vader as far away from Leia as possible. Vader, still feeling the affects from his lava bath decades prior, would possibly let his desire for vengeance consume him. I allowed my former master escape once before, and I would gladly destroy this planet, this system itself, to ensure his death
Wanting to kill him himself, Vader would order any troopers, to at the very most, to spread out and prevent Ben's escape. If he was lazy and just wanted Ben dead, then "All units open fire", five seconds later he's dead and Vader doesn't hear the "Strike me down and I will become far stronger than you will ever realize" quote, and doesn't end up coming back as a force ghost. But that's boring, so fuck that.

With a squad or two of troopers forming a sort of perimeter, the two masters of the force get down to business. Vader tries to start a mystic dick measuring contest ala Dooku v Yoda, but Ben doesn't take the bait. Instead, he more or less stands there, deflecting any attempt at force based dickery, before Vader gives up and moves in for the kill. Try to buy time for everyone to do their part, Ben fights on the defensive.

Meanwhile, the space battle is well underway. Despite the lack of Vader's presence, the rebel fighters have been badly mauled. Flying in fast and low in an attempt to avoid the Death Star's turbolaser batteries, the various squadrons have been dueling swarms of TIE fighters for some time, reaping a terrible tally. Despite suffering serious losses, the remnants of Red and Gold squadrons are able to make it into the trench to attempt the run. and now to wrap this up in a hurry because my sleep meds are kicking in faster than I realized
In post 3

Now I'm thinking about a mini-campaign on an isolated world some decades after Endor, with literal cargo cult tech.

A Mega-8 battleship-droid with a composite laser in the ball may be too silly.

3/3
Gold leader, after a failed attempt at hitting the exhaust port, is forced to pull out of the trench to attempt a second run. Luke and Wedge, hot on his tail, still have the Y-wing's targeting data, so they're confident that they can do it. Just as they're approaching the final stretch, a flight of TIEs hurtle into the trench almost crashing into the two of them, forcing them to scatter. Their attack run aborted, it's all they can do to fight defensively, attempting to take out the enemy fighters as quickly as possible.
Looping around for another pass, Gold Leader takes advantage of the opening made by Luke and Wedge streaking back into the trench for his second attempt.

Meanwhile, on the ground, Vader finally overpowers and defeats his old foe, reveling in the knowledge that the man that has haunted him for so many years is finally dead. With that out of the way, he orders his men to kill everyone they find, and departs the battlefield. As he's boarding his shuttle, he's rocked by the feeling of almost 2 million souls briefly shriek in pain before fading. The Death Star has been destroyed.

With Ben dying so soon, he isn't able to properly communicate with Luke, is unable to guide him into making that fateful shot. Instead, it ends up being Gold Lead, piloting a slower ship that is much, much better suited to the type of bombing run that was required for the shot. The Death Star is destroyed, the last of the rebels manage to escape in the chaos, limping away in what space worthy ships were still in system, their forces greatly diminished but still capable, and everyone parties for a few days. Leia mentions to Luke that Ben told her she has the force, and together they attempt to unravel the secrets of the force. The end

Thoughts? First attempt at something like that.

After last thread I got to thinking of a 'filler scenario' for maybe 3-4 sessions of

>World War D

Instead of zombies running around biting people, in the middle of the night 10's of 1000's old clone wars droids activate on a doomsday setting and go running around biting/scomp porting ordinary droids to infect them with a virus. Then there's an entire planets worth of fucking crazy ass droids hell bent on murdering the fleshy oppressors in a holocaust of metal fury.
That was about as far as I got, figured the rest would have PC's either teaming up with anyone who was left to fight after service droids choked their owners to death in their sleep, poisoned the water supplies, made a cluster fuck of any kind of power and comms systems... or they just end up in a mad max style road war trying to get to their ship and bug out.

Gimme some aliens you've made up for your games, /swg/.

Crafting mods is the same way, the difficulty is set in all purple's but it mentions effects of despairs on the result and I can't figure out why

Maybe I just have a bad personal experience, but I get really nervous when a player says their character will want to extensively use the crafting mechanics of any game.

The one Star Wars game I had recently taken part in involved an Ubese mechanic that was obsessed with constantly trying to add shit the player felt Star Wars was lacking when in reality he just didn't bother with listening to us tell him the stuff was available. And he was so goddamned cringy.

>imma make a blaster shotgun out of fucking kyber crystals
But particle shotties already exist, and the stats would be worse than your heavy blaster in almost every respect...
>don't care taking us valuable game time with this stupid project

>I want a powersuit like in Elysium
The GM says those already exist, but they're pretty expensive and not super common. Most are used for industry, not war.
>don't care taking up valuable game time to try and get past having to save up money or deal with item rarity

Man fuck crafters so goddamned hard.

Oh, I guess GM-applied destiny points could upgrade the dice involved but that's all I got

Well, it's more that nukes are nearly useless in space combat due to shields, and turbolasers, while not necessary more powerful, are still generally better for orbital bombardment, so nuclear weapons simply don't fill much of a niche for any major military

Hey swg, I have a store tournament this Saturday and I havent played in a few months. With this new FAQ what should I be fearing the most?

Ive been trying to work out a swarm leader kylo list for awhile now and its starting to really frustrate me that I'm over 1 point.

101 pts
Delta squad
>x7
Delta squad
>x7
Kylo Ren
>swarm leader, fcs, weapons engineer, targeting synchronizer

Goal is to use the evades from the deltas to boost kylos attack by 2 up to 7 at R1, with focus and lock to modify. Then the deltas can use focus and lock to modify from the fcs, weapons engineer, and targeting synchronizer combo.

If I drop the weapons engineer, I'm only buffing one delta a turn, and only on what kylo is shooting at.

If I drop the synchro, deltas dont get rerolls.

If I drop fcs, kylo cant lock and focus, and I can't reposition locks after kylo fires if the deltas primary target moves out of arc.

If I drop swarm leader, what's the point of bringing the two delta x7's?

A second option to find 2 points is to drop the second delta down to omega leader with comms and juke.

Could work well, juke would already pass if I needed OL's evade, and she is pretty good in the end game. Also keeps the list idea together, while giving OL some attacking mods while she is locked to a ship.

Is OL survivable enough compared to the delta x7? Does she put out a comparable amount of damage? I've never lasted long with her on the field. She always pops before I can use her effectively, so my track record with using her is shoddy to say the least.

>With this new FAQ what should I be fearing the most?
Aren't FAQs usually not immediately in effect?

I believe your friend is quoting one of the visual dictionaries, which got so crazy with the numbers that a single volley of an ISD's heavy turbolasers hits with enough kilotons to nuke the entire US eastern seaboard.

It is for here. It isn't a ffg tournament, just a casual event with highly competetive people.

Here's how I ran Swarm Leader shuttles-

Fire Control system, Title, Intel agent, Pattern Analyzer.

FCS for the mods, Pattern Analyzer to be able to stop more consistently and open up your dial, which is amazing/mandatory on a Shuttle. The title is worth its weight in gold- it fucks with enemy ships super hard. The Intel Agent is the real star if the show- it lets you barrel roll or even coordinate your Deltas with perfect information to set up blocks, arc- dodge, or just know if it is safe to TL instead of focus. Whenever you take an Upsilon, I would always consider PA, FCS and Title first, and if there is no Palp on board, an intel agent.

Let's be real here- aside from regional and higher events, it's in effect already. No-one will want to play something they know won't exist in 10 days.

I mean between Jangos depth charges and the ISD-2 in the hoth asteroid fields disintegrating asteroids, and big bright flashes at Endor AND the RotJ novelization where Ackbar can see thermonuclear detonations it isnt unreasonable to think Star Wars cant reach megatons or more when it goes all-out

I don't doubt that it can. But I don't think you realize how insane the numbers in those books were. I don't remember them exact off the top of my head, but I went to a website that let you map the effect of any nuke anywhere in the world. A single ISD volley could literally blanket the entire US Eastern seaboard in nuclear fire using those numbers given. A Venator's cannon could reach out and hit targets at something over ten light-minutes away. Hardly any of that seems consistent with the Star Wars universe at large.

Yeah wasnt 200 gigatons a figure for the Acclamator guns? I have the AotC book but i dont feel like digging it out of storage

Those numbers have a history. IMO they're bad. There was one guy (Saxton) who wrote some Usenet postings trying to make Star Wars make sense to himself, and he landed on numbers not reflecting much in SW except the Death Star. Those numbers got perpetuated by people who desperately wanted SW to have higher power levels than Trek.

Years later Saxton got to write a sourcebook or two, and his numbers sorta worked themselves into canon.

As for missiles by the OT they seem to be going out of fashion for whatever reason; the Victory has a big fat broadside and the Imperial deletes that completely. From my gaming perspective, I prefer missiles to be kinda crap, or you end up with the Manticore Missile Massacre.

>desperately wanted SW to have higher power levels than Trek
I'm a complete SW-fag between those two (I think the only Trek worth watching was TNG), and I usually back SW in most vs threads with the standard contenders; but even I know better than to fuck with the amount of technobabble a trekkie can bring to a theory-off.

Star Destroyer.net (if you trust a .net) has an engineer guy break down the OT and AotC and comes to the rough estimate that high megaton range is a reasonable lower estimate of their firepower.

I like to think missiles phased out due to doctrine and the empire wanting a stranglehold on power. If it's small it gets swarmed to death by TIEs. If it's bigger than that, bombers and more TIEs, if bigger still, it gets it shit kicked in by an escort or the mother ISD.

It wasn't even about quality, it was strictly about powerlevels.

I don't really trust sd.net very far but there are more and less reasonable people there. Wasn't it basically a banning offense not to agree with Wong on everything?

I like that sort of explanation for a lot of things in SW - it may look retarded on the surface but it works out for Palpatine and noone else gets a vote.

Someone else on that same site used to insist that a turbolaser was directly comparable to a 16" gun. And not in a metaphorical sense. A literal one.

>bannable offense not to agree with Wong
Who dat?

He was site owner so basically.

Then the 16" gun person was wrong. Even Xwing lasers are seen to obliterate death star towers, which implies they are at least Hellfire teir in terms of boom-boom.

I also like to think many star wars weapons have Dial-a-yield so we dont often see them go full holocaust on things, which would explain a lot about orbital strike stuff

>high megaton
Do you remember in more detail? I'm genuinely curious.

>dial-a-yield
That makes a lot of sense. I had always sort of assumed it.

Mike Wong, runs (well, last I knew) sd.net. He's one of those people who really, really feel the need to prove the size of their penises by Star Wars having bigger weapon yields. "But we never, ever see that happen in Star Wars" is a quick way to get banned. Well, used to be.

You can't be sure, though. If somebody brings a nerfed list and you weren't prepared for it you're in the sorrow realm.

But user said they're using it at his tournament so it's moot.

Welp, I'm a slow hivemind node today.

On-screen ranges are really short but even hundreds to thousands of km seems low. Effective ranges subject to evasion and countermeasures.

I'm not quite sure why someone would feel that way. Even with just what we see in the movies and shows, SW has major advantages.

>top-tier FTL that has examples of warping point-to-point
>weapons shown in several instances to at least be capable of leveling state-sized chunks, even excluding occasional examples of a single ship killing a planet
>small arms that put fist-sized craters in solid cover while being capable of going through most conventional body armor to put someone down in one to two shots
>legends at least has examples of kit for individuals with extreme force-multiplier capabilities (heavy armor, gadgets, vibrating mono-knives, effectively infinite ammo)
>space magic that seems pretty damn free-form

Not sure why someone needs their ships of the line pulsing megatons on the regular to feel like their "chosen setting," they back in vs threads is "competitive."

Yeah, SW is respectable space-opera and if one _is_ into VS heavier hitters like Forerunners, Culture and Xeelee win anyway so why bother wanking SW of all things?

I feel like people read a lot into the factions others choose to back in vs threads. So someone gets offended if their chosen setting does poorly because a part of them identifies with that setting. That's how I armchair psychology it anyways.

And yeah, there are way heavier hitters. Every time a vs thread happens and evolves to include other factions I learn about something new that was written insanely powerful.

If I dual-wield vibroswords does the defensive quality stack?

Iirc part of it was based on ISD shield strength in Hoth. We witness ISDs in the asteroid field. During this time, Vader calls bounty hunters from across the galaxy to the Executor, all while waiting INSIDE the asteroid field. This means that, presumably, the ISDs where under constant bombardment for hours on end, with their turbolasers and shields in constant use.

There is also the "asteroid getting disintegrated" thing, and since the scale of an ISD is known you can estimate the size of the asteroid, etc. Long math short, it gives a reference of megatons for the light turbolasers. If you assume, like Wong, an ISD can take 1 broadside from another ISD, across 30 some turbolasers and ion cannons, you get into Gigaton output ranges.

Again, im doing this from memory so i may be wrong.

The dial-a-yield makes sense thematically. In few situations do we see a place where going 100% would be appropriate.

>Naboo- the Trade fed warships are UPS trucks with .50s bolted on
>Coruscant- the fighting seems mega close, it's possible they are SO close that they'd damage themselves if they went all out, but we do see a Venator use a beam weapon to obliterate a CIS cruiser
>Rogue 1- The rebel fleet barely handles 2 surprised Star Destroyers until they catch a lucky break, and immediately get rekt when Vaders ready star destroyer appears. Yet because of the DS plans, he has to pull punches.
>ANH intro- vader cant destroy Leias ship due to death star plans
>Hoth- no space combat other than destroying asteroids.
>Endor- Palps was clearly pulling punches to drag out the fight and use it as a way to torment Luke.

We Drizzt now apparently.

No.

Stuff like "gigatons," is why I try not think too much about the man behind space operas I like.

I don't know if it makes me a poor fan, but whatevs bro.