Have you people ever played in a "exotic" map before? If so, how was the experience?

Have you people ever played in a "exotic" map before? If so, how was the experience?

Other urls found in this thread:

blog.naver.com/PostView.nhn?blogId=puaees&logNo=220825012782&parentCategoryNo=&categoryNo=&viewDate=&isShowPopularPosts=false&from=postView
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

define exotic

'Exotic' as in the places blacks and other ethnics come from?

Well the OP's pic appears to be a flat-earth style world with an artificial looking terrain layout, so I'd say worlds that are wildly different physically from your typical "medieval not-earth". That would probably include things like Discworld or Halo as well as perhaps some mega constructs like dyson spheres.

Does inside of a hollow world count? Do islands in roiling chaos connected by a portal network?

As long as they're not planets, they count.

Unless you see yourself fighting on the literal edge of the world, I don't think the shape of the world makes all that much difference. If you really thought about how geography affects culture over long term maybe it could have some impact but for the most part players are going to spend their time at some particular location like a city or a dungeon or a forest that's basically the same no matter what the world looks like.

These two probably play a little different. If it's an underdark-style of hollow earth at least you have the fact that you are always in caverns or traveling through cave systems, which is dramatically different than surface travel. If it's an "internal sun" style though where the interior surface is functionally the same as the outside then there's obviously not going to be much going on.

"roiling chaos" sounds pretty significant no matter what, as does a portal-network connected world regardless.

Why would you ever post any of this hyperautist's imagery?

Chicago?

I just thought they looked pretty neat.

Outside my apartment in Sweden?

>If it's an "internal sun" style though where the interior surface is functionally the same as the outside then there's obviously not going to be much going on.
There might never be a night time, like on Pellucidar

A few times yes. Usually fun experience. The best/most interesting was within a gigantic boat.

What shitty free to play online text game is this from abomination from?

I think its age of smegmar

Oh you sweet, naive summer child

>everyone who makes things instead of just passively absorbing video is autistic

Why are you on Veeky Forums

All right then.

Hollow world was a part of a 5-part world, but the inside bit didn't really differ that much from any normal world. One difference was how its inner sun didn't have a stable length of the day, made it kinda hard to plan. The other was scarcity of water, but that could be on the surface too.

Islands in chaos was just about what you'd expect. Mini-settings in a murder sea, mostly isolated from each other, except for when people could activate portals which wasn't that common.
Oddest of the bunch was one where reality consisted of three gigantic gods holding a bowl, which held five small islands, where the actual action was taking place

Fuck you Unicorn Jelly is basically a Veeky Forums thread in webcomic form
>starts with basically "hey guys, jellies in my setting absorb aspects of anything they absorb" op post
>fpbp derails the thread with "what if a unicorn pisses in a jelly?"
>OP responds with "unicorns don't exist or are very rare in this setting"
>50 posts later someone works out that if triangular worlds are similarly effected by wind resistance in a constant gravitational feild they'd all fall at the same rate and never hit each other, but you could maybe launch from the edges to other worlds via aerodynamic ships and parachutes
>100 posts later someone brings up that if one triangular world was blown up, the peices would fall faster than the worlds and potentially hit other worlds hard enough to break up those worlds too, thus producing a universal kessler syndrome
>200 posts later the setting is sci-fantasy and about people evacuating from triangular worlds
>page 10 final posts before 404 after the bump limit has been hit is just a discussion about "but what if there's like one unicorn and the jelly it pissed in finally found each other and wouldn't that be cute?"

Okay, so it's a human only setting.

The land is a giant person, people live on its belly and chest. there are barbarian (human) hordes who hunt and farm mites on the stomach plains but it is mostly based around the (human) empire grown up around the nipple cities that built up power from collecting milk from the nipples and from a complex filtering of blood using lint to seperate drinkable fluid from clotting to create both larger quanties of drinkable water than can be distilled from sweat glands or the water falls down the armpit crevasses, while also making a superlative weapon material known as "clot-steel".

Because the setting takes place on a human, there is no metal or wood, though people use the land's giant body hairs much as wood is used in our world, and have figured out ways to fashion crafts, armor and weapons from blood extracted from boils and zits by letting it coagulate into moulded scab-glass, as well as making leather from cutting the outermost layers of the person's skin and tanning it, and the folk of the neck grow fat off of trading the grease collected from underneath the chin (that no one has yet successfully ever climbed) to the nipple folk who use to oil the axles of their mighty black scab-machines that allow them to dominate the chest.

The hostility between the belly folk and nipple folk is not entirely one sided, for the nipple folk also covet belly button lint for fine clothing and textiles and often wage great navel battles to control the region.

We played a band of messengers sent to tell the knights templar esque navel monastery/fortress who'd made enemies in the royal courts of areolae and was to return to the courts and answer certain criminal charges that had been brought against the navel order.

However on arrival there, we found the fortress monastery nearly deserted for an expedition the knightly order had launched into the forbidden southern pubic jungles had returned with headcrabs.

Reminds me of a certain Eye World that was posted here some time ago.

After two years of playing and pushing the edges of their maps, my players are only just starting to realize that things don't line up like they thought and that navigating at the outer edges of the known world is not as easy as they had assumed.
It's planetish, but employs space warping to make it all work. Essentially it's a seriously noneuclidean surface the adventure has been taking place on, and they are now pushing out into fold d terrain.

That's not even the worst one either.

blog.naver.com/PostView.nhn?blogId=puaees&logNo=220825012782&parentCategoryNo=&categoryNo=&viewDate=&isShowPopularPosts=false&from=postView

Exalted, set in the realm of Autochthonia.

Autochthonia is a massive magitek machine-world, the physical body of the Great Maker, a craft-focused primordial being. When the rest of Exalted's setting grew too hostile to the Great Maker, he took his chosen humans into his body, and sealed himself away from the rest of the universe.

Several millennia later, we were playing as the Alchemical Exalted, robot communist superheroes that serve the human nations. They go around inspiring the proletariat, assisting the religious and political establishment, hunting down heretics, and fighting corrupted machine spirits (and sometimes citizens of other nations).

It could have been really cool, but the GM just didn't understand how to sell the scale of the world. Instead of climbing skyscraper-sized springs and hacking/communing with the Maker's fiber-optic neurons, we mostly got stuck in weird pocket realms that barely interacted with the rest of the setting.

I want to hear more about this roiling chaos island portal-network.

Ran a torus world. It was more fun for me designing the setting than the players and didn't really end up affecting the game much.

Did they know it was a torus and how big was the world?

If your universe doesn't have its own bespoke set of fundamental particles and physical laws, you're not trying hard enough.

This is an understandable accident.

This is just stupid though, if you knew about JDR you'd realize that he's an infamous hyperautist. I defy you to read Pastel Defender Heliotrope and not feel sick -- let alone his posts about himself.

So the problem is just the person behind it? as long as nobody is bringing up the bad things from him I don't really the problem.
Nothing wrong with these two images IMO.

Nah, I agree with you, but the one user who reconstructed the other user's statement into "I just hate and envy creators" is straight dumb. That's really all I wanted to convey.

See

Go back to 1d4chan.

>great navel battles

You. I like you.

Oh wow, that brings back memories. Author was bad even then, but still.

Even more memories, but it's starting to give me a headache now.

I remember the final panels but there's a huge chunk that is just a haze of "who is this and why are they kissing now?" and stuff involving void ships.

You don't understand me user, I don't mean "this comic is a Veeky Forums thread in web comic form" as a compliment.

kill yourself swede

Her. The creator is female and continued, intentional use of male pronouns is bigotry, pure and simple.

Oh fuck off. English lost ist neuter gender over a thousand years ago. Masculine serves the role now. Period.

This is so edgy it's good.

So its bionicle.

JDR uses female pronouns to address herself, ergo you use female pronouns.

Hollow Earth that was actually afterlife, shit was incredible. The: You're all dead and in hell twist was perfectly done by the Master.

Glorantha, the default Runequest setting, uses a world map that fits closely with what some bronze age peoples believed about our world.

It's a neat idea, but honestly, it doesn't make a huge difference in day-to-day gaming, at least for me.

Actually it is.

But nobody's talking about neuter genders in the first place, user. They said that the creator was a female so it ought to be correct to refer to the creator as "she." Quit making a big deal over nothing.

>JDR detected
THAT'S A MAN, BABY

>erotic
Yes

I feel like Nutshire and Hardong should switch names.

>muh bigotry
>you are the ones making a big deal over nothing, not me!
Christ, look yourself in the mirror and drink bleach, will you.

Literally no one brought up neuter pronouns until you brought it up.

Don't over-react or just shout about shit you want to shout about and then expect other people to pretend you were replying to shit outside of your own skull.

Dare I post my magical lands?

Let me inside your magical lands with its thrusting mountain peaks, and gushing rivers.

>rain of corpses

>and they are now pushing out into fold d terrain
What does this mean?

I worked out all the math to create an infinite plane for a world, limited to the center circle of illumination.

Learned a lot about weather

lay off the Adderall

My lands possess no such things, but they have drab checkered planets, mountains of light, and skies full of mint.