EDH/Commander General

Bullying edition

Previously: >Official Site: Contains deck building rules and the current ban list.
mtgcommander.net

>Deck List Site: You can search for decks that other people have made. Authors often have comments that explain their decks strategy and card choices.
tappedout.net

>Statistically see what everyone else puts in their commander decks based on what is posted to the the internet.
edhrec.com/

>Find out what lands you can add to your deck, sorted by category, based on a chosen Commanders color identity.
manabasecrafter.com/

CARD SEARCH

>Official search site. Current for all sets.
gatherer.wizards.com/

>Unofficial, but has GOAT search interface.
magiccards.info/

>Thread question
Is aggro viable in your meta? If so, who do you run?

Other urls found in this thread:

tappedout.net/mtg-decks/kefnet-high-tide/
tappedout.net/mtg-decks/angelic-containment/
tappedout.net/mtg-decks/ludevics-deal-with-athreos/
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

Marduchesa, Zurgo and Kalemne routinely win games in my group.

Xenagos is pretty damn aggro and pretty damn viable. Ramp up to Tooth and Nail, fetch Stonehoof Chieftain and Malignus, have fun smashing face.

Since the last thread died as soon as I posted I'll ask here
In the 15 or so years I have played magic I've never built a blue deck that wasn't a myr deck so I want to experience the fun of blue. Who's a good commander with blue for someone not use to that color. I'm leaning towards Prime Speaker Zegana.

Should I switch my Volrath to Chainer? Suicide Voltron is pretty fucking fun, but mass reanimator and playing with everyone else's shit also sounds fun.

Fuck.

how does marduchesa typically win. I can't get a win with her to save my life

Maelstrom Wanderer. Hop on board the value train with no brakes!

Chainer is always the answer. Chainer is fucking ridiculous and arguably the best mono-black Commander, bar none.

marchesa doesn't do any of the heavy lifting beyond providing reliable card draw via Monarchy. The deck usually wins with dragons (game of thrones danny was his inspiration)

Posting this again because I knew the thread was gonna move but I posted it anyways

>tappedout.net/mtg-decks/kefnet-high-tide/

>I have a shitty Baral deck. I am going to turn it into a better but still shitty Kefnet deck. Look at this link and tell me how shitty my deck is, also give me your thoughts other than how shitty it is.

Questions that have already been asked:

>why kefnet?

Infinite mana sink, one of only three in mono-u and arguably the best

>Come home from work expecting cards to be in mail
>fucking nothing even though I ordered two fucking weeks ago
Anyways what legendary has great or thick thighs?

Yeah he seems pretty bonkers. How many sac outlets would you need to run?

BSZ and frantic search might be good

Not exactly sure, but I'd guess somewhere like five?

Akroma, Angel of Fury

Guys, I'm thinking of making a Kemba deck and I'm too poor to afford swords. Any ideas about what to run? I already have argentum armor and two of the three kaldra set.

>Motherfuckin' GODO

Nothing says manly melee men like slapping the hell out of people with tons of equipment, extra combat steps and mono red extra turns under a beautiful blood moon.

Literally any equipment

My Godo deck is my pride and joy. You've got good taste, friend.

Azami wizard tribal with combo cards like Mind Over Matter. Super fun control, tons of draw, Mind Over Matter is a perfect marriage of theme and mechanical power, really makes you feel like a god. You could also switch her out with Tefari and still do wizard tribal and it would be loads of fun. A hole nother deck that's fun is a Baral deck. Drawing loads of cards, ruining everybody's plans, super sneaky bullshit shenanigans, very blue.

>Is aggro viable in your meta?
My whole meta is aggro.
>If so, who do you run?
I'm heavier on the combo side, so I like Alesha and Zada.

Elaborate on how this works, please, this is too janky and I like it but I want to explain to my friends on why that will happen

I've been extensively researching (shitposting) in these threads, gathering data to determine who my next commander will be. Is Hidetsugu the ultimate "man with a gun" commander? Ie not preventing others from playing the game, but punishing them if they don't cooperate

Kess, Jaya Ballard

>Razer enters
>exile trigger goes on stack
>sac/bounce/get off of battlefield in response to exile trigger
>"leaves battlefield" trigger resolves first
>ETB trigger then goes off, exiling all lands forever

It works like Fiend Hunter.

I want a commander that functions almost entirely at instant speed, can Tasigur do this?

Thanks friend, I will try to fit this card to my Ramos deck as well

Teferi mage of Zhalfir?

I picked up Ib today planning to throw him into my Grenzo deck, but he looks more interesting as a commander. How do I build him?

Surrak Dragonclaw works pretty good

>that curve topper

Did I fuck up building Nazahn or should I have gone Sigarda, Host of Herons?

Vial Smasher/Thrasios enables you to have fun with a die and play Magic at the same time.

Sigarda.

>Considering Sigarda
Be a fucking man, user. You're playing a bara furfag for a reason.

>anything sissy about angels

I run him as a lot of goblin generation alongside shit like spellshock, manabarbs and the like to make everything painful

repercussion is a must, Voracious dragon for style points

>keep planning out decks
>can't decide what to build next

FUCK

She doesn't on her own. However, tutoring up a comeuppance with sunforger is a fun win

Literally me every day, why cant I just stick with one deck idea.

>keep planning out decks
>haven't actually sat down to play with any local edh groups since getting back into magic last month

Holy fuck, iktf. I've got a Doran deck, a Trostani deck, and a Niv-Mizzit deck all lying around half finished.

I want to build something slightly janky. Can't decide between:

- pic related: steal / control with a little pillow fort

- Radha, Heir of Keld: aggro + instants (more aggro and burn)

-Kolaghan, the Storms Fury: Dragons 'n Goblins

Wich one should it be ? Tech to make it work also wellcome

remember you got rubinia soulsinger for bant colors.

But Merieke is Esper. And you can do way more stuff with her then with Rubinia
>When Merieke leaves play OR BECOMES UNTAPPED, destroy that creature

you said you wanted jank. Coffin Queen is nice too. get double value from that same target. Also cloudshift to keep that creature permanently

This is for the user that wanted a link for the Gisela Stax list on the last thread.
tappedout.net/mtg-decks/angelic-containment/

perplexing chimera

Me everyday. Esp. with partners
>Ramos Gold-Stuff Cascade
>GW Mirri Tokens
>Bruse Tarl/Ikra Beats
>Reyhan/Silas Salty Robots
>Ishai/Kraum Jeskai Spellslinger
>Vial Smasher/Tymna Sunforger Punisher
>Karador Goodstuff
>Scarab God Steal/Mill
>Toshiro MBC
>Emrakul v.2.

How do i build derevi that isnt lockdown?

You don't because anyone with a brain will target you for playing Derevi and if you don't have the oppressive deck to back it up you'll just get annihilated

Well rip, i like twiddling and free commander tax

kinda like edric with evasive little dudes, and some good tap abilties to go nuts with like birthing pod, arcanis, or rhys the redeemed

some of us have friends who we play with regularly and dont have to deal with this problem

Birbs and lots of them

Only a little bit janky. Yea Coffin Queen would be nice in combi with Merieke. Would blinking the stolen creature with Cloudshift realy prevent it from dying if Merieke becomes untapped / leaves field ?

Neat

any other cool rite of replication targets like Vela I can include in sultai colors? Looking for ETB/LTB damage

gray merch and kokusho are damage but idk about "cool"

anything with an etb like e witness or shriekmaw seems like a "cool" rite of rep target to me

Doomwake Giant gives a recurring asymmetrical -30/-30 wipe

This has been an all-star in every reanimator deck I've made. Even just getting a ramp spell or a Brainstorm from each person is a huge amount of value. Using Rite on it could get absurd

Fog bank

>Blade of Selves

Should I make Neheb burn or Sultai eldrazi-ramp first?
I've already got Samut, Scarab God, Melek, Mazirek and Edgar Markov

thoughts on this? It's intended for MTGO 1v1

>Attack with Godo
>Blade of Selves triggers
>Each Godo immediately dies, but searches out a different equipment
>Get Hammer of Nazahn from the first trigger
>Attach each other equipment to Godo as it comes in
>Get another combat
>Do it again

That could kill a whole table.

Am I missing out if I don't have blade of selves in my equip deck?

Sultai eldrazi ramp sounds pretty boring, and it's sounds like you already have a lot of creature decks. I suspect you'd lose interest.

Really only want the deck because I took out the eldrazi from Xenagos when I made it into Samut and also have Vorinclex, Villanous Wealth and other BG/UG stuff lying around.

So, you bastards made me wanna build Hapatra
The problem is, I already have Skullbriar and won't take him apart
Why do you do this, Veeky Forums?

We hate money and cardboard is our crack.

I've already got 3 decks, and 2 in varying stages of progress, not counting Hapatra

kid, you ain't seen nothing yet.. watch this
*whips out 10 decks ranging from modified precons to OC donutsteal jank to tuned competitive*
and that's only the beginning
*view pans to two desks littered with piles of half-sorted cards and dozens of decks in the process of being built or picked apart*
welcome to hell
*we see a final shot of opened letters and packages and receipts showing absurd payments as we fade to black*

>Asterisk actions
Is this 2007?

It's a neoclassicism.

voltron

So, a few months back, I asked you guys if you thought URBW Zombie Tribal using Ravos, Soultender and Kraum, Ludevic's Opus would be good. Well, I built it on a budget and it's actually pretty fucking funny. I don't have 2 of the Zombie Lords, but so far, the deck is 3-8, which, considering it's jank, I think is quite the achievement. So far, 3 vs 3 seems to be the best match up. First match was against Atraxa Infect and Zur Bullshit and managed to come away with the victory. Earlier it was against Edgar Vamp-Spam and Omnath land-spam and won that one too.

Decklist:
tappedout.net/mtg-decks/ludevics-deal-with-athreos/

It's pretty fun, if anyone has tried something similar, how did it go?

Ive had fun with her as a commander. In a controllish shell she can dominate the battlefield when everyone's resources have dwindled.
There is a u/b artifact that taps to untap target permanent (doubles as mana rock). Plus the blue unearth dude that untaps.
Intruder alarm sounds like fun too. Never tried but...

I run whatever equipment I had laying around when I made it and honestly the deck still scores wins.

Overly Prolific Mumma-cat is fun. I personally have a Kemba budget deck and a few cards I recommend:

>Darksteel Plate (About £10ish)
>Godsend (About £8ish)
>Basalisk Collar (Recently reprinted, so not expensive.)
>Ring of Thune (About £1.50ish)
>Kaldra (The most expensive of them is about £2.50)
>Bladed Pinions (Less than £1)
>Captains Claws (less than £1)
>Sword of the Animist (About £5 I think?)
>Strata Scythe (Dunno, but it's not expensive and you can run almost all basics in this format, making her ridiculous)
>Scythe of the Wretched (dunno, but it either steals creatures or puts through extra commander damage)
>Slagwurm Armour (Less than £0.50 last time I checked.)
>Shield of the Avatar (about £2ish)
>Leonin Abunas (Less than £1.)
>Annointed Procession (About £4ish. Double kitty-output)
>Sigarda's Aid (Must have)
>Sram, Senior Edeficer (Must have, less than £2)
>Odric, Lunarch Martial (MUST HAVE. £3ish.)
>Mentor of the Meek (£1.50 I think)

Those are just a few off the top of my head, but they are all less than £10. If you want to spend more than £10, you may also want to consider a Darksteel forge to further protect your equipment

Jeez, brit mtg must be expensive
Thune is 0.3$, Animist is 2.15$, Shield of the avatar is 0.3$, Odric is 0.8$ and Mentor is 0.9$

Some of those prices are too high. Even for UK sites.

Try and use CardMarket instead, you might have to wait a while for cards to arrive from countries like Italy and your prices are set in Euros but you can easily save a quarter off the bill from UK currencies, especially if the order has a lot of commons and cheap rares which would otherwise be a flat rate of 50p in the UK, but a few cents on CardMarket.

I want more colored artifacts.

Those looks expensive even for BR standards. I can buy those listed by at basically the same price, but in R$ instead of dollarydoos, which is around 1/3 of the value.

>tfw want to put Avacyn, Angel of Hope and Iona in my Sisay but don't want to bust open my FTV: Angels either.

Cards are meant to be played I suppose

Eternal witness is one of my favorite targets. It can get you four cards and Rite of Replication back from your graveyard so you can just keep recasting it.

It will lose in 1 on 1. How has 40 lands been working for you?

Wrong. Rite is still on the stack when you choose targets for the witnesses.

What's the point of holding onto it? Do you really plan on selling it some day?

Crack dat shit.

That's not true, user. Abilities aren't put on the stack until the spell or ability being resolved is finished and leaves the stack, so Rite will be put into your graveyard before you choose targets.

Its the same condition for Collected Company being able to be returned by hitting an Eternal Witness. Otherwise that deck would be nowhere near as strong in modern.

Open it, you'll have to spend some time flattening them anyway.

>not buying one to crack and one to keep in a temperature controlled area
lad how new r u

There are people just collecting cards. I know people with binders full of planeswalkers and expensive cards at home. Once I sold this guy 50€ in cards and he told me he just wants to have those cards and he will never play them.

Is there any archetype more boring than stax?

For the pilot? Most archetypes
For the table? the longer end of combos.

40 lands is pretty good. It also has 4 ramp spells (Nature's Lore x2, Restore and Chalice)
But I acknowledge the curve is a bit high

>spent hundreds of dollars just so I could have a foil and normal version of every card with Briclot art
That wurmcoil invention gave me an erection and filled me with dread simultaneously.

>guy in my group claims he only trades for cards and never buys
>has a binder full of cards on the reserved list, like not the "crummy cheap ones the highly expensive nobody trades these cards" ones
>only been playing since scars of mirrodin
Uh huh sure buddy