Warhammer 40000 general /40kg/

New thread? Fucking WAAC fags edition

Previous thread>Bonesinger, get it while it's hot
warhammer-community.com/2017/10/24/free-rules-for-the-craftworlds-bonesingergw-homepage-post-2/

>Daily Duncan Playlist
youtube.com/watch?v=VB2DNpIWyjo&list=PLEaPE4sLDA7ucJ0dkiVZSW6ghZUNGFHIW&index=1 [Open] [Open]

>GW FAQ (1.2, Commissars now working as intended):
games-workshop.com/en-GB/Rules-Errata#40k-errata

>FW FAQ (1.1):
warhammer-community.com/2017/07/15/new-and-updated-forge-world-faqs-july16gw-homepage-post-2/

>Rules and such. Use Readium on pc/iphone, lithium/kobo on android:
>Everything 8th edition in properly converted pdf & epub, fully bookmarked and linked with in-line errata annotations
mega.nz/#F!bF0ExS4D!_XaMECn0K9HiJKUFSopJLA

>Other Megas
mega.nz/#F!64wmnBZR!rWcm37EkOOeToeueqhPjpA
mega.nz/#F!BxI1HSgI!0tKymKh9RZTzGpgIA5EyCg
mega.nz/#F!9NchGZyZ!-V1LhJALxDp9Tw97WzEQGA
mega.nz/#F!pFgm0RKR!J06C1gVYcjzNGsF8YNLsjQ
>Old Black Library Mega
mega.nz/#F!wx4BiKhD!YhnAf1BqSmAB8dO6xDM56Q

>WIP Math-hammer doc (Thanks Chart-user!)
docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1h0hk_IdJ7fivDEjMiIpKM5yMMB8HTm64lZHuKdLZCIU/edit?usp=sharing

If a tua dropped a pen on the floor and it wasn't wearing any shoes or socks could it pick up the pen with its foot or would it be forced to bend over and pick it up?

dubs decide what tau model I get from FW

Reminder that death korps best korps

Manta.
You better not be a faggot and actually buy one

Manta

is that Tau on a fucking footstool?

Lucy and Bill fan back, I been tinkering around with what I could do at 2k points.

What do you guys think of this? Keep in mind this is using my LGS' rule that bill can go in th e LR.

>Emperor's Children

HQ
>Lucius the Eternal
>Dark Apostle w/ Blissgiver
>Fabulous Bill
>Sorcerer w/ Jump Pack

Troops
>20 man Cultist squad
> -2 flamers, all else melee kitted

>5 man Noise Marine squad
> -4 sonic blasters, 1 blastmaster

>10 man(?) daemonette squad
> - icon and instrument

Elites
>Chosen
> - 5 combi flamers, 1 melta gun, 3 boltguns

>Posessed
> - 10, icon of excess

>Mutilators

Heavy Support
>Chaos Land Raider
> - combi melta, havoc launcher

>Havocs
> - 4 HB

>Obliterators

DTs
>2 Rhinos w/ combi bolters.

the idea is bill goes with mutilators in the LR, lucius goes in a rhino with the chosen, the posessed go in the other rhino.

Try to get up the field and into combat and pull off some warp time / delightful agonies shenanigans.

I could drop the idea of giving these boys transports but then I have only obliterators for ranged anti tank.

What do

Manta

Guys. I'm thinking of building a lemon russian annihilator for my guard army. How good is it really. People i know praise it since 8th

All those unpainted models

Everything is painted tho. Everything

well, it is like having a second hull laser canon that can shoot twice, thats it
pretty usefull, but not very exciting imo

Unfortunately Daemonettes can't be put in the detachment without losing the Legion bonuses despite being in the codex, they're only in the codex for the purpose of summoning them unfortunately.
Other than that I'm slightly confused about why you've given the Dark Apostle the Blissgiver? Blissgiver is better on an Exalted Champion and Lucius is already giving rerolls of 1 so that's the only option that confuses me.

Oh that's lame about the daemonettes. Replace them with more noise bois I guess.

I had a free relic and figured it was better on the apostle, he's hanging with the cultists for the morale bubble

Manta

Hold off on this thread for a while guys. There's another live thread.

nothing

Manta

Two mantas.

>Nightspinners don't combine fire
>wraithknights aren't s10 t10
>no eldritch storm
Can we move on to 9th ed already?

sell your house, buy its worth in manta's

Last thing left to do is muddy his feet.

Woops.

How are dark eldar this edition?

Taunar.

I'll be generous and suggest something 400% more affordable than others suggestions.

An ara ara barracuda.

Manta

OH SHIIIIIIIT

Is a manta even good? It must spend so many points on it's transport potential...

Solid. They aren't winning tournaments in their Index form. But they can compete with anyone.

Does the pope bear in the shit?

The 8th "manta" response getting dubs isn't particularly "OH SHIT".

no

Looks awesome

true, but dude still gotta spend a grand

Looking good

Oh right morale bubble.
I suppose it IS a free upgrade on the Bolt Pistol.
I thought I hit submit before my game started whoops

Any idea for Inquisition's Warlord traits ?

get yourself a nice Leviathan dreadnought with a couple weapons, make sure to grab two grav-flux bombards though.

Why aren't his shoulder pads black?

Whats the best way to build a Space Marine melee army? All the options that SM have confuse and Im always unsure whats good and whats not.
Even considering Blood Angels units, Im able to do both.

Can you guys help me find a good looking paint scheme for my tau?

Sure.

>What's their schtick?
>What models you like the most?

they're a tiny guerillia troop trying to free the rest from the ethereal oppression.
also im a fan of pathfinders/fire warriors.

Sounds like it should be a Farsight offshoot. Also a reliance on footsoldiers and scouts and guerilla tactics makes me think covert ops, like camo. Think of where they and how they wage war, do they infiltrate regular armies and subvert them from within and a "stray bullet" hits the ethereal or are they known dissenters who live together out in the forests, wastes or wherever else your sept is?

Why do so many Tau players hate the Ethereals? They're the good guys that led the Tau race out of barbarity and civil war. Yet, people believe that a renegade that sucks souls with his deamonic blade is the good guy.

Ok, which is better, this...

Because they've been brainwashed by imperial propaganda.

...or this?

The former

I personally don't, but there's a cool factor of the underdog fighting the oppressed society. For all the good the ethereals did/do, they're still very tyrannical in their own way. It's why people like Big Boss or Che Guevara despite both of them being fairly awful people. It's romantic.

Filter version

Have they fixed Doom already? I think it is very lame to make a full dark eldar list with a fucking farseer to cast Doom.

Has anyone seen the eldar codex? In the Spanish version I saw yesterday, they autarch equipment list was removed and it doesn't specify anywhere what equipment the autarch has access.

How are the Ethereals tyrants?

Because fuck you. Actually it’s not the color scheme for the Carcharodons. They have dark grey shoulders. I forgot a step but I like how it turned out so I’m keeping it.

what exactly is an ara ara b(ara)cuda?

I guess it makes more sense for them to go for a city/army infiltration style, since they'll probably get downed really quick if discovered, so maybe greyish camo.
however i doubt ill be able to make that look good, so maybe dark grey clothes with lighter grey armor and a single "highlight" color, for certain armor pads and markings.
I'm no expert in lore, but as far as i know they literally select who's allowed to breed, and oppress every idea of free speech or individuality via mind control or smth.
if thats wrong ill be happy to get corrected.

Seeing as people are rolling for what to buy from FW I'll join in.
What flyer should I get from FW?

A manta

Ethereals suppress information from chaos
the tau culture forces castes to interbreed, but does not force who mates who iirc
they don't suppress free speech in a tyrannical manner, they just emit pheromones that control the tau population passively without them knowing. The ethereals are not malicious, they work in a similar way to emps, minus the psyker part and the fact that there are many ethereals, also ethereals are non-combat unlick primarchs/emps

> bump

I forgot to specify,
What astra militarum/aeronautica imperialis model should I get for pic related
Dubs decide

Tau are a melee race.

New T'au player here, I was wondering how drone allocation works. Can any unit take any drone aside from specialty drones like stealth and snipes drones? For example can my strike team take a pulse accelerator drone?

Vulture

Skytalon

Every unit says what you can carry. "This unit may be accompanied by up to 2 Tactical Drones (pg 69) (Power Rating +1)."

something for each major branch
ordo xenos: reroll failed to wound against units without or
Malleus:
Warlord may deny the witch on a 2+ if a daemon within 12" attempts to manifest a power, on a deny roll of a 6 the psyker castin suffers perils
Hereticus:
idk

and 3 generic ones, one of which will be for psyker inquisitors

No, units can only take certain drones, which should be listed under there options. I believe pulse accelerator drones can only be taken by pathfinder teams. Most everyone can take gun drones and shield drones, but the more specialized one's will be locked into only certain units.

R I P

Marauder

ding ding ding!!!
I will actually pick up a vulture, will post myself assembling it
now would you like to roll dubs for loadout (note I'll might magnetise but promise to use this loadout for my first game with it)

theyre painted, the tau dude just chose a scheme that looks like bare plastic

Are mutilators any good this edition?

The obliterators i converted are amazing for me with endless cacophony, curious if I should buy another centurion kit and convert some more.

I see, so the tau dont really now that they are suppressed and believe that they freely choose to follow the ethereals?
agreed.

Punishers

> Warlord may deny the witch on a 2+ if a daemon within 12" attempts to manifest a power, on a deny roll of a 6 the psyker castin suffers perils
Good idea imma taking this one.

Punisher

I have a punisher and magnetising can be..Problematic. I would just get a punisher and glue it firmly.

Surprise - Gives a unit in detachment the ability to infiltrate

Fear - Enemy units within 6" suffer -1Ld

Ruthless Efficiency - +1 to all Wound rolls with all attacks.

Almost Fanatical Devotion to the Emperor - Can Deny the Witch if not a Psyker or Deny an extra time if they already are one

Nice Red Uniform - +1W

Ethereals suppress any information that might jeapordize the idea of the Greater Good, including knowledge of chaos and how invaise it is. They also forbid any of the castes to interbreed and they DO actually choose your mate because only the best get to pass on their legacy. That and the fact they make computer chips with the wisdom of great heroes reinforces the idea of eugenics.

Free speech unless you say something that goes against the interests of the Empire. At worst, you'll disappear. At best, you get "re-educated", whatever that may entail. They're also rumours of sterilization, mind-control of lesser races and the Tau race always being first among equals (with the ethereals always first among the tau despite they saying the contrary)

It's kindof one huge cult of personality, Kim dynasty style with a lot better tech, competence and actual care. Benevolent dictatorship in the front, ironfisted tyranny in the back.

You could do so. Midnight blue/dark greys. Google "NWU Type I" and "Urban Camo", a mix of both. As for how to do them, it's really simple actually. These are some of my jungle fighters.

Paint the armour and clothes in their general scheme (mine would be green armour, leather unders), then add streaks of black and the other colour on them (black and green on unders, black and leather on armour). Then do tiny highlights as you please and give the entire model a wash of black (mine was agrax)

Consider thinning it down to not go TOO dark. My greens still looks good but if you're going dark blue and greys, you need to be careful your scheme doesn't get muted to shit. Good luck

But that is wrong
Cast are not allowed to breed between them
Before the wank feast of 5th Farsight was basically a terrorist
Vespid where mind controlled into submission
Kroot are respected but disliked, because Tau refuse to acknowledge their biology.
Tau are tyrants, that look benevolent.

Sure Sadam had universities, but he also had abortion clinics under them for his raping ways.

Tau are evil bastards, just another kind of evil bastard. That look good by comparison when DE and Chaos are a thing

What and said, but also bear in mind that once you deploy, drones count as their own squad. This means you can field your pulse accelerator with your pathfinders as only they can take it, but after deployment you can jog it along the strike teams for the boost instead.

Pretty much yes. They're been indoctrinated to firmly believe in their philosophy, it's their entire way of life and what their society is built upon.

Thats why if you want to play non-commie china, you play the chad sept.

> Nice Red Uniform - +1W
kek

Anyway, thanks

They have what comes on the model and that's basically it. Autarch options got gutted hardcore.

I guess I'll get some different greys /greyish blues and try my hands on urban camo as a base then, thanks for enlightening me.

Take the WJG autarch from the index, it still has all the options and you use the codex cost for the model and equipment.

Maybe I'll just flue every weapon on for shits in giggles and use whatever I want

When do you decide the target of an obliterator unit vs the profile for that obliterator unit?

Can I designate an obliterator squad to shoot, determine its profile, and then choose the target?

Or am I stuck shooting S7 at a land raider because I was hoping on a better roll?

You decide where to shoot, then how to shoot it.
If you are targeting different targets you decide all the targets first, then how.

No problem, we act as one, lest we preish alone.

At a glance, I'd say.. Citadel Kantor blue with Vallejo game Stormy blue as highlight, Citadel mechanicus standard grey with dawnstone highlight and black (highlight dawnstone as well). For the wash, I take back black, a blue wash might be a lot better. Feel free to experiment and google up some urban operators for references.

Chaos Terminator Lord of Slaanesh with Flames of Spite, Lighting Claws and Inotoxicating Elixer seems pretty good. Someone has tried it? It is worthed?

i'll be nice though

you choose the unit to shoot

you roll the dice for the profile

then you choose the targets

pg 179 - brb
pg 142 - csm codex

PERISH* Aun'va damnit!

Also I'm looking to expand my 1.5K Tau force. I got plenty of footsoldiers, stealthsuits, a ghostkeel, pathfinders and some HQs. I'm getting some kroot hounds buuuuut the rest is a toss-up between an SC box for some flamer-dropping suits and extra grunts OR I scratchbuild myself a barracuda.

Thanks for all the lovely black bars I got to open like christmas presents

Spanish codex where?

>PERISH* Aun'va damnit!

He already did though user...