Kingdom Death: Monster (KDM/KD:M)

>Y’know the game is available for preorder right now, right?
kingdom-death-monster-15.backerkit.com/hosted_preorders

Infinite Kicked: (Cross-thread)

When will someone destroy the bindings of their $60 - $300 rulebook so we can get good scans?

Other urls found in this thread:

boardgamegeek.com/filepage/129827/custom-expansion-trigger-settlement-events
i.4cdn.org/tg/1509021743933.png
kingdomdeath.com/wp/upgrade-to-1-5-edition/
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

Accident typo with subject. Real previous thread:

Just got my copy, what should I pick up to assemble the minis?

Glue and hobby knife is the bare minimum.

Is this an intended nerf to the priority target mechanic? I understood priority target to be a continuous effect that can only be removed by specific things like hiding in tall grass or using a fecal salve, etc.
Was priority targeting always supposed to be this way? I feel like maybe this is a nerf to stop tanky survivor builds from keeping priority.
Would you say this change makes the game overall easier or harder?

Not him but did anyone ever find a good way to magnet assemble the survivor gear?

Yes.

It’s possible, but also real fucking finicky. You have to get tiny ass magnets. You’ll be spending months drilling and fitting. Just put together common builds, or what you think looks cool.

It's an intended nerf. It used to work differently and would last until the end of the monster's next turn. This is a pseudo-nerf for tankers who force priority targeting on themselves too but I'm happy with it.

I think it makes it easier lower end, harder higher end play.

Hey OP, post limit is 310.

>hobby knife
FUCKING WHY JUST GET CLIPPERS AND A FILE

Knife is more precise than clippers and cleaner for mold line removal, files damage smooth surfaces.

boardgamegeek.com/filepage/129827/custom-expansion-trigger-settlement-events

i.4cdn.org/tg/1509021743933.png

knifes destroy smooth surfaces

lol get fucking good you noob

Protip: use the reverse of the blade.

thats such a good design. this isnt in the main game right? i think i need to add this at some point. to bad it would spoil all events if you just started

Ya it's bootleg. Give it a print off for all of them and at least use Prophetic Visions.

Saw that I was getting a package from "Bleep Ltd", thought it was my ex trying to harass me by sending me and my gf music, didn't realise it was KDM til today

You ex sends you music?

Yeah man what the fuck is this Bleep shit?

>we can get good scans?
Why do we need scans? We all have rulebooks now.

Is Tamiya extra thin cement an OK brand to use for the base game minis?

Fucking weebs and their reverse blades I swear

>complaining about weebs in a Kingdom Death thread

>reverse side of blade
Actual Good tip...I bet you use a vegetable peeler for skinning a potato you fucking plebian scum

>sharp side of blade
True promanship. I bet you could peel a potato with an actual knife thin enough to see through the skin. Patrician method.

Dude, I'm going to be dead serious right now. Inform and educate youself a bit about the hobby before giving advice to other noobs. I have been in this shit for 15 years now. The best technique for mold line removal is using a hobby knife in a direction contrary to the blade and following the line itself, applying controlled pressure. Anyone with a bit of experience will tell you this. You can use clippers for getting the bits out of the sprues if you want, but using a file for mold lines is absolutely inefficient and easier to damage the surfaces.

Thanks, but I haven't painted the phoenix yet. Here's my butcher though. Does nobody else have pics of your painted models?

So we can have spares to print off and not damage our own.

>dude I'm going to be dead serious

*whooosh*

Was the comparison to potato peeling not obvious enough of sarcasm?

Plastic glue, user. Super glue is very frustrating

When does the pre-order ends? my payday is on 1 nov and with my past luck with this game im pretty sure i will lost my opportunity again

Y-Yeah, we all got rulebooks here.
Scanon please do not forsake us.

The preorder is probably just part of getting the game's actual restocking, so I'd imagine it will be open until either the game goes back generally on sale for the holidays or somehow they run out of copies via preorder. Probably won't close within the next week. You're good.

Anyone in here selling their minis (still in sprue) ?

here's king's man

I got charged last friday and haven't got mine in yet, how fucking long am I going to have to wait!?

Yeah, but clippers are better for removing things cleanly off the sprue. THEN you use the knife to clean the remaining sprue connection point, mold lines, etc.

Also, suoer glue is a bit more touch and go, but is more forgiving than plastic glue. You mess up with plastic glue, it's already melted the plastic to fuse the parts, abd you're going to cause a lot more damage getting things removed than just popping it in the freezer and gently popping off a part.

So did 1.5 make the game overall easier?

This is what I use and I can't recommend it enough.

IMO early game is easier, end game is harder.

>trying to sarcasm on the internet
Wew lad.

Of course, I personally use clippers, knife and superglue, rarely files. But I just wanted to tell user the bare minimum he needs, and between clippers and knife, I'd rather have only knife. But get both if you can.

Plastic glue is sooo much better than super glue. With a bit of practice I was able to get virtually no build lines

Ok how the hell am I supposed to mitigate the cunning trait.Shitty lion is dragging my guys around killing them slowly while the rest are running around unable to catch up.

Dash out of the way during the Card.

Dash. Stuff like this is why dash is practically necessary for later level monsters, they move around so much you need to dash to deal with their shenanigans.

This is my first non prologue white lion fight, is he not supposed to have a trait yet? Using the TTS by the way, it set that out automatically.

Only Level 2+ White Lions have Cunning.

The cards with a S are never shuffled into the AI Deck.
They only get put out when the Monster Stat Line says so.

That would explain the rape.

When people say minimum they mean it.

I'd say what you actually need are clippers, file, knife, plastic glue, some form of green stuff (for fixes gaps etc.) are the minimum. Sounds like a lot, but while you can get a mold line removal tool, and different files, those tools are all you really need.

i hope the reason for this is that early game rops have been nerfed so you got a little boost in the beginning. and now you cant cheese the bosses and need to actually go on difficult hunts before the watcher

>Y-Yeah, we all got rulebooks here.
Fucking die.

>can't into sarcasm
Dont forget your bike helmet before brushing your teeth.

>need to actually go on difficult hunts before the watcher
As far as I know it is not like that, but after you kill the Watcher and are on your road to the GSK, you can only hunt Level 3+ Monsters.

i was more like saying that level 2 monsters got more resource drops now. wondering if i should just straight up put that rule through all 1.0 expansions since poots said he didnt wanna mess with them.
like who would want to hunt a lvl 2 spicules normally. but if you get a ton more loot you might instead of hunting lvl 1 2 times

Only lv2 with a reward buff is Screaming Antelope. Early game is easier because of some slight tweaks to mechanics like Priority and the art\music innovation overhaul plus Survival of the Fittest buff.

For example: A survivor in Rawhide has 2 Eva from gear, 1 permanent from SotF, and has the Rhythm Chaser FA from Drums. All of this is easily attainable and now you have a tank with +4 Eva on LY 2. Dodge every butcher move. The statlne on Bone Club is also insane, assuming you can keep the monster still.

End game is harder because you can't priority tank everything and the game eventually forces you into a state where you're either prepared for it or not (post Watcher). Fighting lv 2 Antelope is absolutely worth it. I usually go lv 1 Lion > 2 Antelope > 1 Phoenix but haven't been much farther since.

>assuming you can keep the monster still.
Or just "cheat" with White Lion and/or Screaming Antelope armor.

shouldn't a year 2 screaming antelope level 2 just fucking teamwipe almost everytime?
unless you saved all 4 stones.

also if i get some guys together. how many years can you do in a gaming night of say 5 hours. because thats about the limit most want to spend on 1 game at a time

How the fuck can you people be so bad at assembly.

2-5. I'd bet 2. Depends on your luck honestly.

That´s a big Knight.

most of its not glued yet

Post your DBK and Dragon pls, I need inspiration for when they get here

>Dark Souls.jpg

UUUU

Ok been all over my shit town and cannot find plastic cement anywhere. I know this topic has been beat to death lately but what is everyone using for glue? Only shit that I can seem to find is gorilla glue or else I am waiting another week or 2 for some fucking glue to show up in the mail

The first thing I thought when seeing this photo was Fatalpulse. I should get out of the internet for a few hours.

When exactly do you roll for Intimacy in this game? Is it something that you have to spend endeavors for?

After eating Love Juice.
When you get lucky on Augury.
When you use a returning Matchmaker.

Just use Superglue brand superglue gel. It's inexpensive, comes in packets of small tubes for easy handling, and is incredibly effective. You can even pick it up at dollar stores.

Gorilla glue is shit that isn't designed for hobbies in mind. Even their "basic" superglue has their weatherproofing shit in it.

Using Tamiya Extra Thin Cement glue. I would recommend looking at a hobby shop like Hobby Lobby for burgers or any other local shops. Most of them carry stuff. If you still can't find anything else, idk how to help user.

user, pls.
>implying the girl doesn't gain the upper hand
>implying it won't be Nanashi instead

Rural Canuck here , was going to order some from amazon but it's estimated delivery from Japan was like Nov 20th

I need more necromancer

The pinup girl or who has eater the silver worm?

I like the pinup one a lot but anything necromancer-related is my jam

Tamiya Extra Thin is so nice. I was able to use some of that and some fine sandpaper to assemble my Old Survivor without having to use putty to fill gaps at all. For plastic kits with loads of parts (And therefore seams), it is essential.

can someone give me a tl:dr on kingdom death lore?

>Using the TTS by the way
die

no

The Monster in Monster represents all living things.

Deep as fuck mate.

Everything is dark. Everything is bad. Everything, one way or another, is the enemy of man.

so its 40k without scifi and lore?

essentially, you play a group of humans, likely created by something far greater than yourself to serve as food in this world.
Rather than being eaten you fight back against the Monsters in the Darkness and start a settlement.
You kill monsters for food and materials to make better weapons to kill bigger monsters, lots of death happens along the way, you breed like bunnies, repeat until game over or your campaigns final goal is met.

There is plenty of lore user, lots of story events accompany the campaign, but it doesn't have 3 decades of writing to draw from like 40k does.

Not really, while they're both Grim and Dark, KD:M actually has quite a bit of lore to it, but it's hard to give much of an overview mostly because the lore is described in snippets and parts in relation to each monster. It's also very fragmented so we don't even really have a complete view of the world (deliberately). People can give you more of an idea if you have more specific questions than 'what is the lore?'.

>Be survivor
>Wake up
>Oh boy this is weird
>Oh god everyone's dying
>This place sucks
>I wish I was eating tendies in my jim-jams
*Gets vore'd*

haha hope this helps

Absolutely it will but what I was saying is I'll farm WL until I'm ready for a lv 2 Antelope, not do a lv 2 Antelope on year 2.

Once you're all familiar with the rules, I think 2-3 is pretty doable. Slower if it's a nemesis year as I at least find myself being much more thoughtful in those fights.

>kingdomdeath.com/wp/upgrade-to-1-5-edition/
For the people who rolled too many Brain Traumas.

>more specific questions
Well. Who/what is the king for one?
Who/what the fuck are those demon/succubus looking motherfuckers (like that chick covered in human tongues) from the first release?

>Human Tongues chick
Shit nigga, at least try harder. The name of the model is Satan, so maybe, JUST MAYBE is the incarnation of Satan or a representation of him/her?

The King was part of a now cancelled expansion, the molds were made, so the miniature may return in a future expansion.

The tongue covered ladies are both Satan (together, they're one entity).
They currently do not have rules, but one major expansion from KS2 features Satan in one of his other forms (the White Dragon).

Rude.

That is siiiick

I'm not sure what king you're talking about, do you mean the 'king' referenced in stuff like the kingsman?

Depends on which demon/succubus types you're asking about. The two androgynous chicks covered in dicks/tongues are the human forms of Satan. They wander around the plain of faces and basically just act like the cenobites from Hellraiser. We'll probably get a good deal more lore when the Ivory Dragon pack drops which is the boss fight against Satan's true form.

>the 'king' referenced in stuff like the kingsman
yup.

You're born to die and sometimes you live long enough to cut off a Lion's nutsack.

So what the hell does it mean when a card is drawn "face down"?