Magical Guns

I need your help. Post magical guns, preferably ones that are still identifiable as a gun, but don't look too anachronistic or modern in a fantasy setting.

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=SBArXz3cWos
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

Eh, could work a victorian fantasy setting

Its tough to have guns in a game without going steam/magicpunk... Might be something in Ebberon you can use? If you're really stuck go with a magic elf blunderbuss or arquebus or something

You could just say it's magical

This is a bit too steampunk, I guess is right.

And is just a normal rifle. I get that I could just say it is magical, but for context I was thinking of a purely magical setting where everyone is a mage. No fighters/non-magical classes. So a modern-ish gun would feel out of place, but I still think some form of magical gun would offer some nice weapon variety.

Think like a block of wood carved to look like a gun, (not a staff, an actual gun) and then maybe decorated. Is there anything like that?

A gun in a setting where everyone is a mage is just a wand

For mechanics I plan to have them operate differently.

In fact, why even have dedicated projectile weapons when you could just enchant a sword to shoot spells through? When you're out of spell flinging you could still use it to stab a guy.

Because your suggestion rests on assumptions made about how enchanting and what not works in the setting.

So does this gun have moving parts? Or is it really just a gun shaped stick? That's kind of an odd thing to expect there be art of already

Ever heard of a crossbow?

What about a magic staff with a pistol grip, magazine-fed disposable mana batteries, and the ability to analyse its surroundings and give you tactical advice?

That looks like it could be a step in the right direction, but what is with the color scheme?

You are a being of superior taste, I bow to you.

Some over the top stuff.

It's from a magical girl anime.

Lyrical Nanoha is what happens when a bunch of Super Robot Wars fans try to make a magical girl show, but get distracted somewhere along the way and just start making everything /m/ as fuck.

Like, by the third season it's completely dropped the magical girl stuff and is about a military unit on another planet fighting against cyborg terrorists, while using callsigns and procedures styled after fighter pilots.

>it's an "OP doesn't post details to his world and shoots down (heh) suggestions without explaining why they won't do" thread
every day

I am in a game based on this, and I can confirm it's awesome.

Nobody in our game has a cartridge system yet though. We should fix that.

How about some oldass lamps?

Nanoha herself originated as a side character to some ninja game, so it's only natural that she'd become a side character in her own series.

This. It's shitposting 101

Chaika?

In many ways I think StrikerS would have been better off if Nanoha was more of a side character. While I loved the worldbuilding I think a lot of the pacing problems came from trying to balance the new cast against the old rather than just choosing a single point of focus.

Nanoha is still the main character in StrikerS, just grown up. It's the spinoffs like ViVid where she's sidelined (and ViVid sucks).

Best example of the Cartridge System in action. Usually mages will expend one or two to power up a spell. Nanoha... Well.

youtube.com/watch?v=SBArXz3cWos

Shit's nuts. I love it.

Red>shit>White

Objectively correct.

And Symphogear is what happens when Nanoha writers take speed at a Nana Mizuki concert.

And Yuuki Yuuna is what happens when a team is given a bunch of Madoka DVDs and told to remake it, but due to a mixup the director receives a Symphogear DVD instead.

Yes. Chaika.

Blue is not better than White.

Blue is a slut

Loli Nanoha is superior though

Young Nanoha had the best story in A's, but I actually find the character of the older version a lot more interesting. No longer simply an independent heroic type, but a hard working career military officer balancing a home life and eventually raising a family with her duties to the TSAB is a really interesting progression from a relatively generic magical girl origin.

Chaika.

What the hell is that to the right? Flowers?

>the caster gun, from a science-fantasy setting with no steampunk elements is "too steampunk.
???