Warhammer40k general /40kg/

No more troll, no more /pol/ edition

>Bonesinger, get it while it's hot
warhammer-community.com/2017/10/24/free-rules-for-the-craftworlds-bonesingergw-homepage-post-2/

>Daily Duncan Playlist
youtube.com/watch?v=VB2DNpIWyjo&list=PLEaPE4sLDA7ucJ0dkiVZSW6ghZUNGFHIW&index=1 [Open] [Open]

>GW FAQ (1.2, Commissars now working as intended):
games-workshop.com/en-GB/Rules-Errata#40k-errata

>FW FAQ (1.1):
warhammer-community.com/2017/07/15/new-and-updated-forge-world-faqs-july16gw-homepage-post-2/

>Rules and such. Use Readium on pc/iphone, lithium/kobo on android:
>Everything 8th edition in properly converted pdf & epub, fully bookmarked and linked with in-line errata annotations
mega.nz/#F!bF0ExS4D!_XaMECn0K9HiJKUFSopJLA

>Other Megas
mega.nz/#F!64wmnBZR!rWcm37EkOOeToeueqhPjpA
mega.nz/#F!BxI1HSgI!0tKymKh9RZTzGpgIA5EyCg
mega.nz/#F!9NchGZyZ!-V1LhJALxDp9Tw97WzEQGA
mega.nz/#F!pFgm0RKR!J06C1gVYcjzNGsF8YNLsjQ
>Old Black Library Mega
mega.nz/#F!wx4BiKhD!YhnAf1BqSmAB8dO6xDM56Q

>WIP Math-hammer doc (Thanks Chart-user!)
docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1h0hk_IdJ7fivDEjMiIpKM5yMMB8HTm64lZHuKdLZCIU/edit?usp=sharing

No.

A 40k racing/combat holovid series where each installment gets progressively more ridiculous.

Urge To Purge

Tau Empire is for ___

So, how do we make Morty be as good as Magnus and Guilliman?

No price cuts.

Inquisitors are strictly superior options compared to commisars now.

bully

isn't that just gorka morka?

Are Raptors fluffy for a WE warband?

xth for T-sons are fun to paint

On a Vietnamese horsefarmer's board discussing how to best use small plastic men to fight other, smaller plastic men. And if having other bigger plastic men there is a good thing or not

Not here to talk about trannies, trump, or anything else. Keep it where it belongs

Deepstrike drones within 1 inch of event tanks while your commander annihilated the horde next to it.

Morty and magnus are on the same tier, which makes sense since they both have access to the good powers of dark hereticus. But fucking girlyman needs a points increase.

> both get hereticus
Why do you spread LIES user. Mortarion only gets Contagion

>Morty
>has access to Hereticus

Ahahahahahahha

Finally gonna finish up my first squad from DI today. What's everyone else working on?

lewd

If you guys are being serious, you need to git gud

so is it just meta to go bare min unit sizes for armies if the army doesn't contain morale boosters?

I kinda wanted to run 3 units of 20 CSMs for shits and giggles, but apparently it's a pretty bad idea.

>why am I just not playing loyalist at that point?

We make Guilliman worse.
Re roll hits and wounds of 1 with 6 inches.
Increase his points by 75 (CP shit and Warlord trait are so fucking good).
Job done

So I'm trying to fill out my list with something fun for my grey knights but nothing is fitting too well. Ideally I'd like a Doomglaive and a Stormraven, but I'd have to cut something. I'd rather not get rid of my Culexus, since I just got him. Maybe split the plasma scions into command squads instead?

IG Battalion - Stormtroopers
2x Tempestor Prime - Command Rod
(2 squads) 10x Scions - 4x Volleyguns, Tempestor with plasma pistol
(2 squads) 10x Scions - 4x Plasmaguns, Tempestor with plasma pistol
2x Taurox Prime - Storm Bolter, Volleyguns and Gatling Gun

GK Vanguard
Draigo - Vortex, Gate
Apothecary - Warding Stave, Sanctuary
Paladin Ancient - Purge Soul - WARLORD - Banner of Refining Flame
Paladin Squad - 2x with Halberds, 2x with Psilencers and Halberds, Paragon with Hammer, Hammerhand
Culexus Assassin

1683/2000

Halp

The Iron Warriors WL trait lets you spam hoards of anything.

I bought too many Primaris Marines, so I'm batching those.

Primed some snipers yesterday.

Had a panic moment when the primer went on all pebbly...the wind made it set a bit in flight.

Was able to fix it okay with a large dry brush, just swept off the paint dust.

Almost finished my new painting chair.

Yeah that is a really bad idea. Unless you keep Abbadon near them, the morale phase is gonna put it in their pooper.

Really don't want to blow that many points on my throwaway Batt detachment just to take some Conscripts, so I figure I'll just take 2 Lord Coms and 90 Conscripts and accept the 80pt tax over a regular Commissar for more reliable Ld buffs and 3CP, since that'll double the damage of an Electropriest blob or something and probably pay itself back.

Painting up my scions now that I have time again in my life, and a Sentinel, been sitting primed for a while with partial basecoats.

>hurr /tv/ and /v/ have been turned into a shithole, lets do the same to Veeky Forums
fuck off. now, someone tell me if the new necromunda models are monopose or not, i want to take a bunch of pieces of them, genestealer cult human looking guys and chaos cultists, put them in a bag and shake it, and make some IG

Increase price of Girlyboy.

Valkyrie with Crusaders, an Astropath, and a priest. Won't fuck up your stormtroopers doctrine but WILL fuck up the bad guys.

stuff from my backlog I never finished

reminder that shitposting about pol is against the rules

Not really, I feel like they wouldn't have the patience to be a raptor/manuverability, but I suppose you could justify it by saying that they are looking for faster ways to get into the fray.

only shitposting about /pol/ is /pol/ posting.

Taking a break from batch painting by 40+ Ork boys by working on some Plague Drones and my Greyfax (both are very fun to paint, or atleast compared to batch painting).

stop /pol/ posting, if you want to do that go to /pol/

Fucking stylin user.
Boss workshoo

Would love to run some crusaders, since they're definitely Inquisitorial. Seems silly to only run one Squad of them though. Plus that's 55pts over still.

>Every regiment except tallarn and cadian has crap warlord traits, they can't all be winners.
I can agree with this, though some of the other ones are a lot of fun. I love the Vostroyan one mixed with the armor relic.

>Catachan also has a crap stratagem.
I actually like the Catachan stratagem. In terms of competitiveness I will agree that it's kind of weak, but when you start using Command Squads or Veterans with a bunch of flamers, it really helps against power armor in cover. It gives me fun options to load up in Chimeras too. Taking a Command Squad or Special Weapons Squad mixed with Straken, a Priest and an Ogryn Bodyguard or 2.

I can't believe Khorne and Necrons are gay for Blood Angels.

Make guilliman and Magnus worse.

Big smashy LoW's should be expensive units that tactically limit you because of their cost, but offer something that you couldn't get otherwise/for their cost.

They shouldn't be powerhouses that mean you're a step up from someone that doesn't have a big smashy LoW, as guilliman and magnus are

Shave bits off your other dudes. Also valks are cheaper if you take MRPs.

Honestly 1 squad is all you need. They don't have a lot of offensive power despite zealot and power weapons. They are all about being frustratingly hard to kill while tying up hard hitting units and 1 squad is enough for that.

Currently, filing stuff and shitposting furiously so as to be less bored.
Did buy myself some new brushes, glue and primer today, so tomorrow is fun times getting my shiny new SC Skittles and all my other grey models ready to take to comfy painting night on Saturday. My conversion fodder hasn't shown up today, which irritates me.

On a side note, anyone used Hycote plastic primer? Seems like it should work fine, but if I can forgo the possible loss of a Skittle or two in testing that would be great.

I have a buddy who owns all the assassin's but he wants to dip them in carbon fiber then paint the details
Could this work?

>dip them in carbon fiber
Explain further???

No

Increase the point costs on all three. Guiliman either eats a nerf on his reroll aura or the cost increase is extreme. Magnus loses the 3++ and gets a Warptime-less discipline. Ideally, Magnus would get altered to be more a force-multiplier rather than a giant beatstick.

I would say so, that said, my Black Crusade character is a WE Raptor, so I'm quite biased.

While highly unconventional for the legion, you gotta remember, there's barely a legion left, just splintered warbands all doing their own thing. It doesn't seem too far a stretch to think that a couple of these warbands lop off their legs for bionic bird talons so they can jump into the fray even faster.

What's scarier than a bloodthirsty lunatic? Or a flying bloodthirsty lunatic?

The real fluff issue would be with Warp Talons, since they worship an obscure chaos god that most WE would never know about, but again, crazier stuff has happened.

hmmm. what's this?

it makes like weird patterns, could be cool for a guy in a stealth suit. pic related

I'm not

No way, it will fill all the fine details.

Are you the guy that has all the various Guard books and then one guy said you're missing one and is this the missing one?

ELDAR POINTS CHANGES INCOMING
Unit DELTA
Eldrad -30
Farseer -6
Farseer Skyr, -24
W conclave 0
W Sky conclave -10
Warlock 5
Warlock Sky -5
Prince Yriel -4
Autarch 0
Autarch wing 0
Autarch skyr 1
Autarch jump REMOVED
Asurmen 0
Baharroth -10
Fuegan -10
Jain Zar -6
Karandras -18
Mauguan Ra -19
Illic -8
Crimson Hunter -23
Crimson Ex -48
Dark Reapers 0
Dire Avengers -2
Falcon -49
Fire dragons 0
Fire prisms -3
Guardian def 0
Guardian platform 0
Hemlock -11
Banshees -3
Night Spinner -20
Rangers -8
Shining Spears -6
Spirit seers -21
Storm Guardians 0
Scorpions -4
Hawks -4
Support weapon -47
Vypers -14
W Walkers -11
Spiders -4
Wave Serpent 0
Windriders -2
Wraithblades 0
Wraithguards 0
Wraithknight 0
Wraithlord 0

Nah rocket Pods are more expensive by like 4pts.
You figure? I just hate asymmetry. 3++ is nasty though.

I think mostly my issue with filling in points is that I don't have much anti tank in the whole list.

That's me. And I don't ALL the books, since I started back in 3rd edition. Anything before the 3rd edition codex I do not have.

Wargear DELTA
Shupistol 0
Singing Spear -9
Twin catapult -5
Wichblade -7
Starglave 6
Fusion pistol 0
Power sword 0
Fusion gun 0
Laser lance -1
Wichstaff 0
Shuriken catap 0
AML 0
Brightlance 0
Scatterlaser -5
Starcannon -15
Shuriken cannon -2
Pulse laser 0
Aeldari blade 0
Flamer 0
Chainsword -1
Plasma grenades 0
Avenger catapult -3
Power glaive 0
Diresword 0
shimmershield 0
Ranger long r. 0
Executioner -9
Mirror swords -1
Scorpion c.s. -1
Scorpion claw -8
Biting blade -4
Mandiblaster 0
Ghost sword 0
Ghost axe -5
Forceshield -2
Wraithcannon 0
D-scythe 0
Wg. fists 0
Lasblaster 0
Hawk talon 0
Death spinner 0
Power blades 0
Starlance -2
Paragon sabre -4
ghostglaive 0
D-cannon -5
Shadown w 4
Vibrocannon 10
Reaper launcher -9
Tempest l. -11
Doom weaver 0
Prism cannon 0
Twin shucan -7
Twin scatter -13
Twin starcan -32
Twin AML 0
Twin br. Lance 0
Heavy D-scythe 0
Heavy w-cannon 0
Suncannon 0
Titanic glaive -35
Scattershield 0
Titanic feet 0
melta bomb 0
Dragon B. flamer 0
Firepike -2
banshee mask 0
wraithbone fists 0
titanic w.b. fists 0
Spirit stones 0
Targeting matrix 0
Star eng 0
Vector eng 0

I made a really small conversion to a Noxious Bingbonger I think looks pretty good and I'm gonna be building a final bloat drone which I'll try to prime tonight or tomorrow.

I don't think carbon fiber has the flexibility to fit 24mm toys but good luck!

LOL Necromunda have templates back.

KDK book says they're uneasy with it but they're too effective to ignore.

Getting paints for my Tempestus and see which brushes are still usable after some three or four years since the last miniature i painted.

Yeah because you turn 1 charge from the Valkyrie and you can potentially get 2++. I remember you saying you hated asymmetry so they are probably not a good unit for you. I think your idea of splitting the plasma into Command squads is good. Then you still have 2 units of 10 and 2 4 man units.

Well, my grey knights are all asymmetrical too so it's not like I'm anal about it. I'll put it on the idea pile. I actually wanted to put more grey knight stuff in the list because it seems a little devoid of fun down there

Also I can't split my squads or else I lose Battalion. I'd have to add dudes.

>you can potentially get 2++
>GW still hasn't FAQ'd all Invulns to being capped at 3++
Why are they so stupid?

Mostly asking because after Berzerkers, a Chaos Lord, an Exalted Champion and a bunch of Khorne cultists, not sure what else to add to it, from a fluff perspective.

They have capped it in the most recent faq I think.

Hold the fuck up
Dire Avengers cost the same as Guardians now while being strictly better? What the fuck?

This will absolutely not work.

That said, find a junk model and try it out!

What, you think there is anything wrong with my GK dreadknight having a 2++ invulnerable save?

guardians are 8ppm and avengers are 12ppm

Got any pics?

I'm in agreement with this, but until then my Crusaders, Bullgryn and Ogryn bodyguard will all continue to have 2++ saves. Not all at the same time, but depending on who needs it when.

>Celestine next to Slabshield Bullgryn with Take Cover and Barrier
>Crusaders with Take Cover or Barrier
>Ogryn Bodyguard with Deathmask and Slabshield

Really? I don't recall seeing anything like that. I hope they do it, because it's dirty, but also it's a lot of fun to use things that you know will be removed eventually.

>"Exalted" Sorcerer of Tzeentch is worse psyker than rando Librerians

Explain this faggots/

Celestine?
Doesn't she just give a 6++? Or I'm remembering wrong

I keep forgetting that DA have to buy their weapons.
Still, the Guardians weren't great and they didn't get anything as it seems.

read celestine's rules again

Looks like GK only, user.

I don't see why that would apply to Psychic Barrier.

She gives a 6++, but Slabshield rules are "Add 2 to your saving throw" So it makes Bullgryn 2+ armor and 4++ invulnerable. Then Barrier is +1 to saving throw and Take Cover is +1 to saving throw.
Astra Militarum units get a 6++ save near her. Read the Slabshield wording.

>turns away from glorious master race
>wonder why he is so shit
Geez I wonder why

guardians are really just ablative wounds for their platform. some of the stratagems and and chapter tactics help them out.

It's a dick move, but it can be hilarious. Last game I played the enemy deployed Guilliman and his Honour Guard onto an objective and promptly got Infiltrate-sledgehammered out of existence by Hatred Fulgurites. Popped AaAC for 2CP and enjoyed my 2++ FnP 5+ Blue Man Group.

Worse how exactly? They both can cast two and deny one power

Is Nork worth the points over a Bodyguard with the same equipment. I made a Nork conversion ages ago and don't know which one to use it as.

Loyalty is its own reward.
Traitor scum

hmph they changed slab shield wording

I just hate the thought of a race that's barely scraping by that uses their (trained) civilians as meat shields for heavy guns. If it were me, I'd write the entire list as hyper capable and hyper expensive. 8 points throwaway trash hasn't ever sat right with me.

yeah just give everyone a 2++ anime dodge save to keep your special race alive that feels much better

It's worse when you consider iyanden chapter tactic basically encourages you to shove the precious remaining living citizens of their craftworld into the meat grinder.

It's suppose to show how desperate the situation of the craftworlders is. They regularly have to risk their entire population just in order to win a battle in an attempt to avoid an even worse fate.

>They don't have a lot of offensive power despite zealot and power weapons
They can fight twice with AoF. So 4 powersword attacks, rerolling, is pretty rough. 5 Crusaders will kill 7.4 marines on average. Pretty nasty.

YES

can't use zealot with AoF. S3 power swords are fucking shit

they got invulnerable saves.

Also most things in index got price cuts in codex so when they get dex release, it will probably be equal

If I want to go Tank and Wraith heavy Iyanden is the way to go?