Do characters in your campaigns ever get married?

Do characters in your campaigns ever get married?
How do you handle that gameplay wise?
Role play wise?
Is it better or worse if two PCs marry or a PC and NPC marry?

What advantages/disadvantages could this incur?

>Advantages of getting married

Armies, gold, political pressure

If you marry up you can become a noble and bend laws you couldn't before

Problem is (maybe) that your enemies have someone they can go after if you prove to be too much of a problem for them. Unless it was a purely political marriage

>If you marry up you can become a noble and bend laws you couldn't before

It's worse when PCs get married because I think PCs in general will get bored with eachother faster then an NPC who is only on the table for 1% of the game.
Gameplay wise I think marriage should always be present on the table top like all other forms of death, a wedding is also a great plot point....played a "Comedy oriented" game of DnD where we all met at a wedding.

On a more personal note:
My character is an half-orc, enslaved-Ex-criminal in a world where orcs are basically raiding/raping/ squabbling tribes, no girl would marry him.....there is no wedding in his future only an endless stream of disappointments.

>I think marriage should always be present on the table top like all other forms of death

>only an endless stream of disappointments.
I thought you just said that your character couldn't get married

I had a character marry an NPC
Later on I had the character's new spouse kidnapped by the villain dejour.

Of course PC picked only the most horrifying of NPCs to get hitched to (primarily as a way of getting potential resurrections for the party) so the party was occasionally treated with status updates on the varying ways the BBEG was creeped out by the new prisoner.

The PC's waifu wasn't bothered by the kidnapping in the slightest and was somewhat surprised when he came to rescue her.

The villain fled the scene when the party arrived leaving her behind.
It was a nice fun side quest

>half-orc, enslaved-Ex-criminal in a world where orcs are basically raiding/raping/ squabbling tribes
>Implying that there isn't some rebellious princess that wants to make daddy angry

What was she?!

Legit had a quest reward once be "You get my daughter" from a king.
Of course the adventuring party consisted of two women and three men so the King basically said "work it out among yourself who gets to marry her"

He was incredibly pissed off when one of the female PCs took the stage because he was at least expecting strong potentially wealthy heirs.

So the entire party decided to marry her (but not each other) to at least give him some heirs.
Their laws couldn't find anything wrong with that so what followed was a very awkward wedding with a lot of convoluted vows and an implied train.

YOU MONSTER!

>Posters: 2

You two should try talking to girls. Ask your moms for advice.

Go away youngster,
the adults are talking

>Bumping so to move this up a page
No shit buddy

Blame the PC, I threw in the NPC as a one time joke character and despite the negative consequences of coming back to her for healing they just kept going.

Bastard PC got it the worst though.
In and out of character it was a munchkin move.

If he was playing a red blooded male.....
.....six hands....that's more than enough reason.

Character was playing "loledgy" socipath character
The issue is that the PC and player picked up on her kryptonite like obsession with love and gave one hell of a performance check on a proposal.

HOWEVER
This came back to bite him when said NPC realized he wasn't genuine and decided to help him by altering his brain chemistry to make him "capable of love"

Character was exactly the same except now he was in love. The player thought it was pretty fair play and rolled with it

>posters:3
>replies:19
I am very confused
This is a very sad thread
user, please get help