Warhammer 40000 general /40kg/

Sisters nerf when? Edition

>Previous thread

>Bonesinger, get it while it's hot
warhammer-community.com/2017/10/24/free-rules-for-the-craftworlds-bonesingergw-homepage-post-2/

>Daily Duncan Playlist
youtube.com/watch?v=VB2DNpIWyjo&list=PLEaPE4sLDA7ucJ0dkiVZSW6ghZUNGFHIW&index=1 [Open] [Open] [Open]

>GW FAQ (1.2, Commissars now working as intended):
games-workshop.com/en-GB/Rules-Errata#40k-errata

>FW FAQ (1.1):
warhammer-community.com/2017/07/15/new-and-updated-forge-world-faqs-july16gw-homepage-post-2/

>Rules and such. Use Readium on pc/iphone, lithium/kobo on android:
>Everything 8th edition in properly converted pdf & epub, fully bookmarked and linked with in-line errata annotations
mega.nz/#F!bF0ExS4D!_XaMECn0K9HiJKUFSopJLA

>Other Megas
mega.nz/#F!64wmnBZR!rWcm37EkOOeToeueqhPjpA
mega.nz/#F!BxI1HSgI!0tKymKh9RZTzGpgIA5EyCg
mega.nz/#F!9NchGZyZ!-V1LhJALxDp9Tw97WzEQGA
mega.nz/#F!pFgm0RKR!J06C1gVYcjzNGsF8YNLsjQ
>Old Black Library Mega
mega.nz/#F!wx4BiKhD!YhnAf1BqSmAB8dO6xDM56Q

>WIP Math-hammer doc (Thanks Chart-user!)
docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1h0hk_IdJ7fivDEjMiIpKM5yMMB8HTm64lZHuKdLZCIU/edit?usp=sharing

Other urls found in this thread:

speakpipe.com/voice-recorder/msg/3ikf72x605b0x51z
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

First for summoning after disembarking

Necronfag from last thread saying battalion is limited for necrons at 1500; well I made a list that looks interesting.

++ Battalion Detachment +3CP (Necrons) [77 PL, 1500pts] ++

+ HQ +

Cryptek [6 PL, 104pts]: Staff of Light

Overlord [7 PL, 112pts]: Warscythe

+ Troops +

Immortals [8 PL, 170pts]: 10x Immortal, Tesla Carbine

Immortals [8 PL, 170pts]: Gauss Blaster, 10x Immortal

Immortals [8 PL, 170pts]: Gauss Blaster, 10x Immortal

+ Elites +

C'tan Shard of the Nightbringer [12 PL, 230pts]: Power of the C'tan: Antimatter Meteor

Triarch Stalker [8 PL, 181pts]: Twin Heavy Gauss Cannon

+ Fast Attack +

Canoptek Scarabs [6 PL, 91pts]: 7x Canoptek Scarab Swarm

Canoptek Scarabs [6 PL, 91pts]: 7x Canoptek Scarab Swarm

++ Total: [77 PL, 1500pts] ++

Random painting tips go

I use a clean, damp brush to 'erase' paint that got in the wrong place after an error.

>Three units of Immortals

Oh look, another spam list.

Are Orange paints naturally thinner? My Jokareo Orange looked like it was already pretty runny when I opened it.

Forcing battalion detachment and crons only have two troop choices, with immortals being the best option. Don’t really have a choice m8

I want Squats.

does stormshield spam make space wolf armies cheesy?

Walk into LGS see someone working on this what do?

No

Who the fuck complains about taking three units of Troops?

Anyone owned one of these? I've never worked with Resin so not sure how it works.

But I might get one for my Chaos Lord to summon as his pet. It'd be cute and fun. Also easy, 1 unit of 1 model is 2 command points so you can do it on 1 dice easily.

Dwarves don't belong in a sci-fi setting.

Anyone use plague drones? Are they worth buying for a DG army that is primarily bloat drones, crawlers and a demon prince?

Is that a J...

If I have a map-based campaign, giving players X amount of points to buy CHARACTERS, and maybe 5-10X for units, which can be split up, (lead by persistent characters) do you think that'd be interesting?

Like, Player 1's Army Group Y could be a Coldstar Suit with 1500 points spread across two Outrider detachments, and could move to a map tile, attempting to attack another player's army group with Pask and 1200 points of Battalion detachments.

I'm trying to devise some level of between-battle persistence without getting it bogged down into specifically what lists are moving where, because army points values could change after battles.

Legacy of 7th ed scattbikes spam

Alrighty lads, gonna bring this list to my LGS tomorrow to beat some poor heretics.
I hope I can get them to cry

GREY KNIGHTS: 1996/2000 points, 5 CP total

Vanguard Detatchement:

HQ:
>Voldus

Elite:
>4 Paladins with a Hammer
>4 Paladins with a Hammer
>Venerable Dreadnought with Lascannon and Missle
>Venerable Dreadnought with Fist and Assault Cannon

Spearhead Detatchement:

HQ
>Grandmaster with Soul Glaive

Heavy Support
>Purgation Squad with Psilencers
>Purgation Squad with Psilencers
>Land Raider Godhammer

Troops
>10 Strikes

I shall burn ALL OF THE HERETICS.

If you're going to be risking mortal wounds and standing around with your thumb up your ass to summon, you want to have something actually worth summoning.

Pillarstodes ACTIVATE

>risk mortal wounds

Why? On a 2+ it summons without any risk.

And I want my Chaos Lord to be a buff aura mostly, I think he can afford a turn to just summon his doggo.

It's a setting with elves, halflings, and ogres, jackass.

Why would you do this instead of just paying for the unit up front? Why summon it later?

Summoning does exactly 2 things: 1) It lets you spend army points dynamically, so you can build a list after seeing what your opponent has, and 2) it lets you deep strike shit that doesn't have it natively.

Both of those things are wasted if you are going in to the fight knowing what you want to summon, and doing it with a summoner who's not using any movement shenanigans to deliver the summonee up-field.

Why is she so sad, bros?

>Why would you do this instead of just paying for the unit up front? Why summon it later?

If I set it up, it removes the Death Guard detachment's bonuses.

Summoning allows you to get around that.

Not getting any dick, clearly.

And Orks, and Knights, and Wizards, and Daemons, and Zombies...

>Halflings and ogres
Uh...

>space elves
A ok

>space orcs
No problem

>space Egyptians
No issue here

>space dwarves
Now that is just too far

>what are Ratlings and Ogryn

Ratlings and Ogryn

I feel like i would have a problem dealing with tanks in a mono-Khorne list. Anyway to fix this while maintaining Mono-Khorne?

I'm curious what's in your list now that you can't manage a detachment just for daemonic shit.

Both are mutated humans.

It seems he just wants a single Beast of Nurgle for funsies. He would have to spend a CP to put it in an auxiliary support detachment.

So were the squats, and that does not mean they are not based on halfling and ogre archetypes.

mine is also a bit runny so i guess so

Yes, and? They're also the settings equivalent to halflings and ogres. Just because they have an origin in this setting that says they originally evolved from humans doesn't mean they aren't literally as close halfings and ogres (closer even) than Eldar and Orks are to elves and orcs.

Squats look stupid.

Ratings are not Hobbits tho

>he says, as he unironically plays something shitty like marinelets or tau

Wrong on both counts, try again.

Jokes on you, Squats work for Tau, now.

..but they almost quite literally are, just a little more grimdark because 40k.

Hmm okay. Just seem odd to me. Seemed like it was like a layer paint instead of a base.

>short
>large harry feet
>breed like rodents
>good cooks
>good eyesite but bad martial ability
Seems to hit every Halfling stereotype I can think of.

How do people feel about Kombi-Skorcha and Kombi-Rokkits on Nobz....

>just realized sgts can take chainswords and Bolters together now for only 1 point.
>All of mine either have bolt pistols or just Bolters.
So what's the tactical say here? Which way should I convert my dudes since you don't get an extra attack anymore?

Playing a 2k list in a couple weeks, local tourney.

++ Battalion Detachment +3CP (Necrons) [102 PL, 1989pts] ++

+ HQ +

Catacomb Command Barge [10 PL, 162pts]: Tesla Cannon, Warscythe

Cryptek [6 PL, 104pts]: Staff of Light

+ Troops +

Immortals [8 PL, 170pts]: 10x Immortal, Tesla Carbine

Necron Warriors [12 PL, 240pts]: 20x Necron Warrior

Necron Warriors [12 PL, 240pts]: 20x Necron Warrior

+ Elites +

+ Fast Attack +

Canoptek Wraiths [12 PL, 168pts]
. 4x Canoptek Wraith w/ Particle Caster: 4x Particle Caster

+ Heavy Support +

Canoptek Spyders [4 PL, 109pts]
. Canoptek Spyder: Fabricator Claw Array, Gloom Prism
. . Two Particle Beamers: 2x Particle Beamer

Heavy Destroyers [12 PL, 225pts]
. 3x Heavy Destroyer: 3x Heavy Gauss Cannon

+ Flyer +

Doom Scythe [10 PL, 220pts]

+ Dedicated Transport +

Ghost Ark [8 PL, 170pts]

++ Total: [102 PL, 1989pts] ++
It not necessarily good or anything, but it has a little bit of everything and somewhat good at fucking with vehicles.

Particularly bright oranges and yellows are total nightmares to work with. Have fun doing 8-10 coats.

I haven't tried them or anything, but Kytan Ravagers and Greater Brass Scorpions have anti-tank guns on them. So do Hellforged Predators.

Same question but with the Errata Valhallen strat

What is /40kg/'s thoughts on this?

....why wouldn't you get an extra attack?

>2k list
>5cp
You have my condolences

Enough with the monkey business.

What is that? The south African planetary defense force?

>"Hey a Greater Brass Scorpion sounds cool"
>check Forgeworld
>"No Longer Available"
Just fucking kill me

He's talking about the extra attack you got from bolt pistol/chainsword.

it's certainly..... curious

Furious George and the Inquisitor in the Yellow Hat? I'd play against it

Get a load of this newfag

Ah, I thought he somehow thought chainswords no longer granted extra attacks.

has anyone around here used Reivers tongood effect? If so, how?

Bolt pistols are worthless garbage. Bolter all the way.

does anyone actually think this looks good

It looks better than a Lord of Skulls, but that's like saying vomit looks better than literal shit.

I'd be more worried about just multi-damage weapons in general. They're gonna wanna destroy your heavy destroyers the second they can, and it's not hard to wipe em.
I imagine that you're CP's will be used to primarily keep the warriors from running though, hence why I personally prefer Immortals. It's easier to keep the CP for rerolling damage.

also
>doom scythe's weapon is a heavy
>doom scythe has to move
>no ability to ignore penalty for moving and shooting a heavy
why gw why

Looks about as good as yer mum.

It looks better with the dick cannon

Wrong sort of legs unfortunately. Definitely looks like two different kits stuck together.

Is that supposed to be a Dreadnought? If so why not go more fleshy like the Helbrute?

speakpipe.com/voice-recorder/msg/3ikf72x605b0x51z

That is hilarious. I have to ask, what is the giant monkey counting as?

Holy shit user thats just fucking rude, no need to insult the Kytan like that!.

both variants are pretty awful but that one is less bad than the one on treads

>Breed like rodents
>Hobbits
Nice headcanon

Where is the ammo in that rotor cannon even supposed to be stored?

How is it supposed to reach anything at ground level with that short axe and stubby little arms?

How is it supposed to go up hills and rocky terrain without falling over?

Space dwarves could be so badass if done right. They fucked up bad the first time. I want an ornate exo-suit with the face of a scowling dwarf ancestor God. I want a cannon that shoots torrents of magma.

It's knight level thing.

Imperial Knight.

Please let there be a model of this.

You do know there is a difference between Hobbits and Halflings right?

By warp fuckery. It's daemon engine

Well, I mean..... presumably the engineers who made it were SO ANGRY ALL THE TIME KHORNE DAMMIT, so it's amazing they were able to focus enough to build anything at all, really. Shouldn't be any surprise it looks cobbled together from whatever they had on hand.

There's a reason 10 out of 10 Dark Hereteks prefer Space Meth to Space PCP.

>doom scythe's weapon is a heavy
>doom scythe has to move
>no ability to ignore penalty for moving and shooting a heavy
I know that feel so much.
We can always hope for the codex.

But I actually love the model, so I'll still be fielding it i think. I might just swap it out for more Wraiths though.
>What say you user, Exile guns or particle casters?

skorcha seems ok, rokkit seems waste

My point still stands make it look more fleshy it would fit the chaos theme better.

I'm considering making a gene stealer army, and it kind of looks like the Deathwatch Overkill box would be a really good value and starting place to make one. Any thoughts?

I wish people would stop using this lazy excuse to justify bad designs for Chaos models.

If it's supposed to use warp-fuckery to stretch its tiny arms so they can reach, show me that on the model with a freakish stretched daemon arm or something.

I think it would make more sense that they just started yelling and hitting a bunch of dark mechanicus guys until they either died or build something.

It's daemon engine, metal body with daemonic essence within, no organic parts.(like Sm in helbrute).

Imperial Knight Styrix. That thing's been forever kinda lackluster even if it is badass looking, but oddly enough the titchy flamer in the claw is lethal. Poison 3+ and 3 Damage according to 1d4chan, which might be wrong but I can't be bothered to download the FW index to look it up.

Particle casters if you take anything. I don't think the beamer is worth the price.

Fucking super.
>Did yellow admech and in the process of doing Yme-Loc Eldar
Kill me.

Yes, that's the best way to start. Then buy a box of Purestrains.

What colour are demon tongues?

Now Im neither a mathematician nor a statistician, but against MEQs and TEQs it sounds usefull.

For wraiths? I'd honestly prefer particle casters. Free shoots when you're slicing things up, and the other is a heavy on something that's supposed to be constantly moving.