Pathfinder General /pfg/

Pathfinder General /pfg/

Does your character have faith? How devout is he or she? Does he or she live in service to her deity or do they just pay lip service?

/pfg/ Link Repository: pastebin.com/fr9piFCi (embed)
Current Playtests: pastebin.com/vK9njh31 (embed)

Old Thread:

She 'services' her deity, all right.

Fast Healer doesn't work with Spelleater user, Blood of Life is a (Su) ability that grants a Fast Healing (an Ex ability), and that is neither natural or magical healing, you silly goose!

She's a 16th level Druid that mostly is into the Druidic stuff because she was born into it. She pays respect to nature enough to keep her powers, but is much more comfortable in a palace than innawoods.

My character's worship of Nethys is token and lip-service. He's a wizard, so it's a bit more like the praise one would give to an esteemed predecessor or a scientist who made important break-throughs.

Still swears in Nethys' name, though. It's "Cursed by Nethys!" or something to that effect though, rather than "Nethysdamn it!" I hate it when people take modern phrases invoking God and just substitute a fictional deity's name. It's so lazy and uninspired.

She praises Desna like no end, day in, day out and has absorbed all the good and bad that comes with being a follower of Desna.

My character worships my other character out of spite for the old gods.

Asking again

What kind of game do you want, /pfg/?

Literally give me a fantasy game thats not a bamboozle and runs on a friday

No fucking need for the guns everywhere weird tech shit games that have been popping up, just give me some fucking fantasy.

Just a plain, meat and potatoes adventure. You can toss in gestalt or PoW or SoM or whatever the fuck else you want, but please just have the premise be a simple "Go out and fight evil" or something.

25PB or greater.
Content evaluated on a case-by-case basis, including both 1pp and 3pp.
Possible tier-based gestalt, honestly this is just so things like Rogue and whatnot are playable and some interesting things are available. Anyone using it like a cunt gets removed.
The Book of Distinctions and Drawbacks available for people, with reasonable restrictions on it.

I'm gonna be playing a game after much time and I want to play something useful/fun.

Is mindchemist alchemist fun? We're gonna be level 2-3. Also, what's a good race for such a thing?

>The Book of Distinctions and Drawbacks available for people, with reasonable restrictions on it.
What is this?

Check the QANON Trove, under Cryptosnark games.

>tier based gestalt

god just either do gestalt or don't, goddamn

I like that minor gestalt thing

Honestly I don't even want gestalt games, they're not great unless people are going to have fun with stupid builds.

>No fucking need for the guns everywhere weird tech shit games that have been popping up, just give me some fucking fantasy.
Guns and Technology don't suddenly make something not fantasy.

When I pick up Opposition Research for my wizard, which school will be better to pick? Abjuration or Enchantment? I'm leaning towards Abjuration. Dispel Magic, Resist Energy, Stoneskin, Protection from X, Alarm... It just has too many spells I really want. The only things I expect to really miss from Enchantment are Keep Watch (and honestly I can eat the cost of prepping an opposed 1st level spell by then) and the like of Dominate Person.

>The Book of Distinctions and Drawbacks available for people, with reasonable restrictions on it.
Yeah, no.

>He chose opposition and enchantment as his opposition schools
>not Evocation and Fucking necromancy

Why?

How easy is it to run an AP like CotCT?

>pfg still doesn't want to play with the most successful GM

What even is minor gestalt, getting the class features but not the BAB and saves?

How the fuck do you measure "success"?
Why the fuck do you even CARE about "success"?

Are you 2hu managing to exercise wit and snark rather than just succumbing to verbal diarrhea?

Sphere of Might wiki w h e n?

I'm just tired of them, its not like they're even iron gods games so I'm just tired of it all.

It's already up on the trove and the Spheres wiki has stated that they will add SoM stuff no EARLIER than the 28th at best.

I'd love to see an urban campaign. Maybe even a heist game.

What's a good 1st level Social Talent for an exposed warlock vigilante. Social talents to look out for in general

Assume Jolly content, naturally?

It's dirt easy to run an AP as is.

It's VolorexisGM. He thinks he's the most successful because his players bumrushed through his first short campaign.

I had an idea for a urban-esque game. It would be some sort of noir-like detective agency, but deals with more the more fantastical things that the regular guards wouldn't have time for. Things like investigating a haunted slum, finding out what magical beast is causing people to disappear, what exactly is going on in those sewers. Stuff like that.

Very.

He's joking dude

Companion to the Lonely if you got the cha and the tolerance for memes. Social grace is good to pick up a hefty bonus to diplomacy, bluff, intimidate or similar.

>bumrushed

I completed 3 games at the intended speed, perhaps even slower than expected in one case.

Yeah I don't envy the GM's who get 30+ apps they have to sort through during their app period. It's just funny to me that people here still think my games are unfun and obvious bamboozles.

Speaking of gestalt: anyone ever figured out what to do for Pisonics, SoP, Akashic, and Spheres of Might?

Come on, Sirius, I don't really think that anybody thinks your games are obvious bamboozles.

Which celebrities do you want to see apply to the NEXT BIG GAME, lads?

All the RotJR crew. Rory and Broodie. Succ, Slow, Sleep. Drow-user

>Psionics
I'd rule that you combine lists and pools, but only get bonus PP once.
>SoP
Combine spell pools, but again only benefit from bonus points for stat once.
>Spheres of Might
Just combine talent pools.

>TFW you get two mentions
Aww guys, you shouldn't have!

Slow pls ;_;

None. I don't want any new games.

kys

This plus DHB

inb4 DHB's creepy stalker

Also minus Succ, because he's obviously going to apply and doesn't really count as a celeb.

That is DHB's creepy stalker most likely.

Self-shillers please go.

Why only get the bonus stuff once?
Where did that meme come from?

If you gestalt two vancian casters you get the bonus spell slots for each, don't you?

>there exists a rare demon that can be summoned, the only one of his kind
>he demands payment in women
>he breeds them till they die, trying to recreate his kind
>to date he has never succeeded
>the children spawned are the disjointed ideas of life, nothing more than arcane slime
>time is all he has to continue hoping and trying, living in his crafted hell

Without just calling that magical realm, do you consider that sympathetic? For a demon that is.

Tits just for attention

No. Not even slightly.

No, no I don't. That's horrific. That's the kind of shit I'd expect from fucking ShindoL.

And yes, that's magical realm as fuck.

But Sleep and Slow are already in the RotJR crew.

>Tits just for attention
Hello Luna.

have you never heard the term 'sympathetic villain'? That's the definition of sympathetic I meant

No it's not. He's still a fucking rapist.

Maybe if he demanded the summoner be bred than yes because at least the one doing the calling has an idea of what they're getting into.

God damn user, get checked out.

That's not sympathetic at all, even for a villain.

Oh, well now it's perfectly clear.
We all remember the great sympathetic villains of our childhood stories.

The Ice King, malevolent but ruined by a curse he took on to save another.
Demona, unable to acknowledge her own evil as then she would never be able to withstand the hurt.
And D'tharsarik the demon who raped countless women until they died, all so he could create children- yet the mewling infants who sled from his partners' ruined, bloody slits were nothing but disjointed ideas of life.

Now that you have clarified 'sympathetic', it all makes sense.

Not sympathetic. Not for an immortal demon who keeps trying the same shit and getting the same result.

Well maybe he would have better luck with getting kids after breeding if he wasn't breeding the women to death. He knows it normally takes a few months of gestation before the baby is ready to come out, right...?

What incantations must we chant to summon them all for a game? There must be some sort of calling cry to lure them in.

>tfw didn't make the cut

"Thicc! Lewd! Gestalt! SoM+SoP+Path Of War!"

If I use alter self to take the form of a skinwalker, do I only low-light vision, or do I also get darkvision (available in bestial form)?

I didn't either, thank god.

Just run me a friday game my dude.

30pb-variantmulticlassing-cadabra!

>knock up slut
>abomination comes out
>try again
>fail again
>repeat until the strain and despair kills her
>get new slut
>repeat forever
>continue hoping that one day you won't fail
>one day the only god damned thing you want in all of infinite time might be delivered to you
>keep waiting

I want a game that doesn't run on Friday, just to spite this insufferable thirstlord:

This is the kind of shit that is so capital-E Evil that you would, at best, be dragged off by the mists of Ravenloft and cursed to be a Darklord for doing.

Did you write that thinking it would make him seem more sympathetic?

Seriously, fuck that guy.

Fair enough

So, once again, troves straight up do not work for me. Clicking on a book just brings up an infinite loading wheel. Deleted cookies, didn't help. On mobile, but didn't have this issue until about a week ago. Individual mega links work just fine, though.

Works for me. Did you try sacrificing a goat?

I'm not having any problems either, user. It seems like mega has recently had an update to their UI (things are defaulting to thumbnails instead of list view and clicking on items loads it in browser instead of auto-downloading) so maybe that broke things for your mobile browser.

I have the same issue loading the trove in Chrome. Switching to Firefox sorts it out.

I want a game that makes people think about characters in new ways!

Normal games, comfy games, and lewd games are all played out.

I want another Ensoulment!

>Normal games, comfy games, and lewd games are all played out.
Name one "normal game" we've actually had, motherfucker.

You probably want a different system then m80.

RotJR, Blingmaker, Legacy of Blood and Flame, Duke's Coin, the list goes on.

Yes, yes, we all read Treantmonk too. But that was a long time ago, and a lot of spells have been added to the game since then.

LoBaF I'll give you, Duke's Coin I can't speak for.

Blingmaker doesn't count since it was taken over by lewdfags.

And RotJR is the "lewd" game that started us on the path to ruin in the first place.

>And RotJR is the "lewd" game that started us on the path to ruin in the first place.
But how lewd has it actually been, user?

You can gestalt based on the tier of your classes. 1-2 don't get to gestalt, 3-4 can gestalt with an PC class, 5-6 can gestalt with each other.

"a NPC class", rather.

Well, the only things the thread has ever given a shit about are Casimir banging Valeriya, Onryou's tits, and whether Onryou is getting mind-broken by an arm-length cock. With a brief moment of /pfg/ suddenly trying to have standards when the GM tried to shoehorn a gnoll rape subplot in.

>Normal games, comfy games, and lewd games
You guys would just say it's one of the three, no matter what it is.

Yeah I don't get that. The thread is allowed to be as creepy and fucked-up as they wish, but the minute the GM tries a disturbing swerve he's suddenly the devil?

>Blingmaker doesn't count since it was taken over by lewdfags.
When has anything lewd happened in Blingmaker?

Creepy to the point that two characters were submitted that were built specifically around raping one of the more popular female apps.

Calling a game "lewd" is a shitty meme and it was a shitty meme when it was first used.

I'd not be surprised if that "shoehorn" turned everyone off of anything explicit. Burnt Offerings was already pretty fucked up normally.

To be fair, I don't know if they planned on "raping" so much as just "seducing". But they were operating on doujin-tier logic so their idea of being smooth was probably just
>Whip out my dick
>It's the biggest she's ever seen
>She obeys me unquestioningly from now on and will only want to have my bastards

Would have been funny to see them get in.

Between Onryou and literally everyone else in the group, those characters woulda gotten murdered.

He's talking out of his ass. The only time any excerpt from the game got posted to the thread, it was literally just heartfelt talking between friends.