/FoG/ - Fallout General

'Brotherhood of Steel' Edition

A thread for discussing the 'Fallout' franchise and its various tabletop adaptations.

Possible topics include Modiphius' upcoming miniatures game 'Fallout: Wasteland Warfare', Fantasy Flight Games' upcoming 'Fallout: The Board Game', and the various unofficial tabletop rpgs, as well as the original video game series and the Fallout setting in general.

Game Resources

The PnP Vault - A wiki dedicated to pen and paper role-playing game in the Fallout setting
>falloutpnp.wikia.com/wiki/Main_Page

Other Fanmade RPGs
>Coming Soon

Fallout: Wasteland Warfare
-Official Modiphius Page (Pre-Orders, Development Blog and News)
>modiphius.com/fallout.html

Fallout: The Board Game
-Official Fantasy Flight Games Page (Pre-Orders and News)
>fantasyflightgames.com/en/products/fallout/

Lore Resources

Nukapedia
>fallout.wikia.com/wiki/Fallout_Wiki

Chris Avellone's 'Fallout Bible'
>mediafire.com/file/nd2bk93nio2s26v/Fallout_Bible_Complete.pdf

1d4chan Summary
>1d4chan.org/wiki/Fallout

Fallout Radio - Playing All Radio Stations (DJ's Included!)
>youtube.com/watch?v=dLlciesjcTo

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=p96j04xVq-k
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

Was wondering if this was gonna come back or not. Luckily, I added a filter to watch for it, just in case.

>Fallout Radio
Link is gone. Have a backup?

Discussion topic for the start of the thread: What's everyone's favorite weapon set up in Fallout, both favorite skill and favorite actual weapon loadout? Mine is to be a laser-focused Energy Weapon whore, since gatling lasers are fabulous and need more love.

>Link is gone. Have a backup?

Shit. I'll look into it.

Test.

>youtube.com/watch?v=p96j04xVq-k

Seems to be working.

High agility and luck, small guns. I prefer automatic rifles with common ammo.

To that thought, in New Vegas my loadout was the All-American, Plasma Grenades, and Assault Carbine.

I really like heavy single shot damage rifles. Anti-material rifles are okay, but I prefer Gauss rifles in general. I've always wanted a shoulder fired recoilless rifle though. Like the Karl Gustav M/42.

I love the All-American. I just hate the quest you have to do to get the damn thing. Fuck that vault.

Alright, we'll see if that one lasts.

Obviously it depends on the build I'm going for with a particular game, but usually though I'm a man of fairly simple tastes.

I really like automatic rifles. Used the Johnson for most of a playthrough of Fallout 4. Wish the mod author hadn't totally bitched out and deleted his account though.

Also, on the topic of retro stuff, how does everyone feel about Bethesda's decision to go whole hog retro-future? Personally I like it a lot, even if there are missteps like the base Assault Rifle.

>NV hunting rifle
A man of excellent taste here. I wish they were better in the late game though, I always find myself switching to something with more punch, like Ratslayer or an anti-mat rifle (explosive ammo, natch).

As far as late game guns go, I always defaulted to the hunting shotgun with slugs.

While I like shotguns, I've always found that they're a little too close range for my tastes. I generally default to a sniper-type weapon. Best way to win a fight is to end it before it starts, after all.

If you can't see his face when he dies, how do you know you actually killed a man?

That's what the scope is for, friend.
>pic related

This user gets it.

I just like cowboy/rugged style guns. The Medicine stick was another of my go to guns in New Vegas. With the cowboy perk it's silly good, and it's cute to have a revolver and rifle in the same caliber.

Your preference is completely legit and I can sympathize. The lure of the scope though, I can't escape it. Hunting revolvers are the greatest pistol, though the Mysterious Magnum is great too (love that chord it plays).

Does anyone actually do the Unarmed/Melee Weapon build? I've never done it since it feels like such obvious suicide. I'm not gonna charge someone with a displacer fist since it is trivially easy to murder all the enemies who do that and I don't like suicide by Legionnaire.

I played an unarmed/explosives character who used the superheated saturnite fist. With the proper perks it becomes pretty monstrous. Combine with some drugs and good armor and closing the distance isn't hard.

I've always been afraid that end-game enemies are just gonna eat you alive while you're closing, shit like the Marked Men and Tunnelers do such ludicrous damage that melee just feels suicidal.

Drugs.

That and fuck that whole DLC. It's silly hard even with long range builds. The deathclaw sections especially. Tunnelers are pretty easy to deal with a unarmed build though.

I'm weird, I really liked Lonesome Road, even through its absurd difficulty for no reason (Rawr is a nightmare). It's pretty fun to be an Energy Weapon build for Lonesome Road though, since flamers allow you to cheese Tunnelers, which is pretty funny.

>find someone's Fallout-adapted-to-another-ruleset game
>GM and other players seem smart enough, whip up a character and join in
>soon becomes clear that the GM has only ever played Fallout 4

Adding the radio, the Fatman, and embracing retrofuture art-deco styles are the three things Bethesda definitely did right.

>Also, on the topic of retro stuff, how does everyone feel about Bethesda's decision to go whole hog retro-future?

I'm honestly not a fan. It strains credibility to the point that I can no longer suspend my disbelief, and the entire reason I fell in love with the original Fallout was that it completely sucked me into its world.

>the radio
Radio New Vegas is so comfy. I actually went and found all the songs out of the game and made a playlist on my ipod for it. Doesn't have the news breaks, but it's still pretty great.

Honestly, they didn't even jack it up that much. Just spread it out to everything. Remember, the Fallout 1 eyebot was actually more 50s than the Fallout 3 versions.

Also shit like Tesla armor and the overall design of the old world environments.

If anything, the modern stuff like the Deagle was way more jarring for me in those games.

Glad to see this thread back but it seems a little video game focused right now, so let's get some more Veeky Forums related discussion going.

How do you like your Fallout? More focused on survival or faction politics?

Eh, Fallout is at its best when you're exploring what people are doing in the Wasteland. Raw survival isn't all that appealing really and there aren't a lot of good stories to tell there.

Raw survival in a party could become a much more personal story with the relationships of the characters and fighting off the dangers of the post-nuclear united states

While true, I don't really trust most groups to do it justice. And frankly, the ending is gonna look a lot like The Road and that's honestly just depressing. Could be a fun short campaign, like 3-5 sessions. I can see a super tense Alien:Isolation-type encounter with a Deathclaw that, with the right group, would be truly terrifying.