Warhammer 40000 general /40kg/

Still no sailor moon Celestine edition

>Previous thread

>Bonesinger, get it while it's hot
warhammer-community.com/2017/10/24/free-rules-for-the-craftworlds-bonesingergw-homepage-post-2/

>Daily Duncan Playlist
youtube.com/watch?v=VB2DNpIWyjo&list=PLEaPE4sLDA7ucJ0dkiVZSW6ghZUNGFHIW&index=1 [Open] [Open] [Open] [Open]

>GW FAQ (1.2, Commissars now working as intended):
games-workshop.com/en-GB/Rules-Errata#40k-errata

>FW FAQ (1.1):
warhammer-community.com/2017/07/15/new-and-updated-forge-world-faqs-july16gw-homepage-post-2/

>Rules and such. Use Readium on pc/iphone, lithium/kobo on android:
>Everything 8th edition in properly converted pdf & epub, fully bookmarked and linked with in-line errata annotations
mega.nz/#F!bF0ExS4D!_XaMECn0K9HiJKUFSopJLA

>Other Megas
mega.nz/#F!64wmnBZR!rWcm37EkOOeToeueqhPjpA
mega.nz/#F!BxI1HSgI!0tKymKh9RZTzGpgIA5EyCg
mega.nz/#F!9NchGZyZ!-V1LhJALxDp9Tw97WzEQGA
mega.nz/#F!pFgm0RKR!J06C1gVYcjzNGsF8YNLsjQ
>Old Black Library Mega
mega.nz/#F!wx4BiKhD!YhnAf1BqSmAB8dO6xDM56Q

>WIP Math-hammer doc (Thanks Chart-user!)
docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1h0hk_IdJ7fivDEjMiIpKM5yMMB8HTm64lZHuKdLZCIU/edit?usp=sharing

First for foresight!

If you field a Primarch in a 1k point game, you're a WAACfag.

Model has a holster with a pistol in it. Can I say it's a plasma pistol without having the model it held in hand? All such models would be clearly identifiable from other models and all similar models would be equipped similarly.

I need an HQ for this, what should I use?

What did the Pre-Heresy Word Bearers think of the Thousand Sons? Did they seem them as sorcerous heretics?

Khaine here ready to flame some mortals and kill shit because I am totally not angry about fucking everything up years ago.

That's fine. My aspiring sorcerer doesn't even have a bolt pistol on him. Anybody who gives you trouble over it is a huge faggot.

Sisterfags should be put to death to prevent them from creating shitty generals.

Looking for some list feedback. 1,500 Chaos.

>Battalion (Thousand Sons/Tzeentch)
Ahriman on Disc- 166
Daemon Prince- Sword, Warptime- 180
Pink Horrors (10)- 80
Pink Horrors (10)- 80
Rubric Marines (10)- Soulreaper Cannon, Force Sword- 224
Chaos Rhino- Combi-bolter (2), Havoc Launcher- 85
Helbrute- Twin Lascannon, Power Scourge- 165
Helbrute- Twin Lascannon, Missile Launcher- 147
Chaos Vindicator- 135
Forgefiend- Hades Autocannons, Ectoplasm Head- 195

>Auxiliary Support Detachment (Alpha Legion)
Cultists (10)- Autoguns- 40

Total Points- 1,497
CP- 5

I hate to give up the CP for the Cultists, but I want the CSM stratagems. I could drop the Rhino, throw Ahriman on foot, and add the Changeling in order to throw the DP into the Alpha Legion detachment, but I'm not sure if giving up the RR1's is worth an extra CP. The alternate list would look like this:

>Battalion (Thousand Sons/Tzeentch)
Ahriman- 131
The Changeling- 100
Pink Horrors (11)- 88
Pink Horrors (11)- 88
Rubric Marines (10)- Soulreaper Cannon, Force Sword- 224
Helbrute- Twin Lascannon, Power Scourge- 165
Helbrute- Twin Lascannon, Missile Launcher- 147
Chaos Vindicator- 135
Forgefiend- Hades Autocannons, Ectoplasm Head- 195

>Patrol Detachment (Alpha Legion)
Daemon Prince- Sword, Warptime- 180
Cultists (10)- Autoguns- 40

Total Points- 1,493
CP- 6

Do you have other models with holstered pistols that aren't going to be Plasma?

Another Sorcerer. Dark Hereticus has enough great powers for multiple Sorcerers to cast good shit every turn.

post the models you've finished in October

Actually, scratch the second sorcerer. Definitely a Lord to run with the Noise Marines.

Why the Apostle? You have next to no melee units and are mostly MSU (so the LD buff is irrelevant).

so if I have a chaos soup detachment with CSM units in it and a chaos demon, do I get to use CSM stratagems?

to keep the cultists from running away.

I'm not against scrapping him, if I did I'd have 2 slots.

You think a lord for the noise bois aura, and then another sorcerer?

No, you need a discrete CSM detachment. It's why I'm bringing a tiny Alpha Legion detachment alongside my TSons.

>The Virgin Avatar
>The Chad Bloodthirster

I'd probably just go a lord to support the havocs/NMs.

If you drop the flamers could you fit two lords in? Not a fan of flamers in min cultist squads. They're cheap objective holders and one flamer will do jack all against anything that wants to kill them.

I would hope so.

I'm just trying to make my 30k legion so that I can use as much of them in 40k as possible. For example assault marines in 30k are way better off armed with power weapons than plasma pistols or hand flamers, but in 40k they can't have power weapons, so I thought that if I give all the power weapon guys larger holsters with pistols in them and pose them like holding the weapon two handed or pointing, on top of giving them some distinguishing bling. So in a 40k game I could say all these axe dudes got plasma pistols in their holsters.

ah ok. I have 1 chaos demon that I want in my army, and I also want to have access to the demonforge stratagem so it looks like I will need to move things around a bit

If you bring a primarch to a narrative game then you are a Faggot

If I were to drop the flamers and the apostle, I should probably switch them to ranged weapons right?

>Basing before painting.

But why?

>Basing at all
But why?

If you field a Primarch outside of Apocalypse games you're a WAACfag.

>that pic
It fucking kills me every time. I don't know why some drawing hurts me so much that I had to make a separate folder on my phone so I'd stop accidentally looking at it. Here's a happy ending. Fuck.

The Word Bearers were the second most psychically active Legion.

You only have twenty Cultists, it's not worth it to take the Apostle. I'd just cut the upgrades off of them (always run naked cultists unless you're planning on recycling a big group of 30).

I would definitely take at least one Lord and one Sorcerer. Beyond that, I think a second Sorcerer will give you the most bang for your buck. A Warpsmith wouldn't be terrible, or even a second lord to just hang with the Predator and Helbrutes while the Noise Marines advance onto objectives.

Brotherhood Champion kitbash.

Definitely.

Ok cool, i'll try that

Summoning is always an option, but I'd recommend reorganizing if you don't have the Daemon models to really utilize the flexibility that summoning offers. What daemon is it?

Not that guy, but I would like to use some daemonettes in this.

I'd lose all my legion bonuses thought, right?

oh I didn't think about that. I could just summon him and keep all of my detachments pure. It is just a herald at 4PL

They probably saw them as kindred spirits, as both were extremely open about their non-war-related interests. Magnus and Lorgar were rather close, which definitely would made the Word Bearers more partial to the Sons.

>Have friend at LGS
>He runs Deathwatch like me
>Oh cool
>Primaris Deathwatch only
>No Corvus or Land Raiders either
>Wat why
>He thinks they’re better
>He’s literally losing out on every benefit the Deathwatch have

I don’t understand. Why are people like this?

It's your toxic masculinity that makes you see women and children as something to be protected for some weird sick pleasure of yours. Like helping people in need makes you feel good about yourself or something, you creep.

Must be boring in your guys game circles.

game circles are for WAACfags

Correct. I run Khorne and find summoning works fine for your minor daemons. They're cheap enough in PL you should somewhat consistently be getting units of 20 on the field.

Since they're a troops choice a patrol detachment is another option.

The new models look pretty. Why would he not play with the pretty ones?

It's not done clearly. Probably wants it to be primed with the model.

>why do people have fun

I ask myself that every time I see someone smile. It's weird man.

He literally loses access to every single thing the Deathwatch have available.

Correct, you would lose your bonuses.

Why do you want a random herald? Daemon Engine spam?

You only need a single discrete CSM detachment in order to unlock the stratagems, which can then be applied to any appropriately aligned Heretic Astartes model regardless of detachment.

Did you make this? Its awesome.

For the life of me I cant decide if I want to play biel tan or saim hann I like both lores colors and playstyles somebody hlep

I would appreciate any thoughts on this 1,990 Craftworlds list. Each Spiritseer will accompany a unit of Wraithguard in a Wave Serpent.

Eldar Craftworlds
Battalion Detachment [IYANDEN]
CP- 6
>HQ:
Spiritseer- 45
Spiritseer- 45

>TROOPS:
Rangers x5- 60
Rangers x5- 60
Rangers x5- 60

>ELITE:
Wraithguard with D-scythes x5- 225
Wraithguard with D-scythes x5- 225

>HEAVY:
Wraithlord- 103
Sword- 10
Flamer x2- 18
Missile launcher- 25
Fire Prism- 155
Prism cannon- 0
Shuriken cannon- 10
Fire Prism- 155
Prism cannon- 0
Shuriken cannon- 10

>FLYER:
Hemlock Wraithfighter- 200
Two heavy D-scythes- 0

>DEDICATED TRANSPORT:
Wave Serpent- 107
Twin missile launcher- 50
Shuriken cannon- 10
Wave Serpent- 107
Twin missile launcher- 50
Shuriken cannon- 10

Get off the hormones dude.

Alaitoc

>summoning works fine
Don't you have to include them in the list to summon them?

Meaning you'd lose legion tactics?

No, Summoning uses reinforcement points, which are just all of your left-over points from list construction.

>wants cool looking models in a scheme and with rules he likes, doesn't care about benefits
REEEEEEE WHY

>Too cool for Vanilla Marines
>Too cool for Yiffs, Gays, or Vampires
>Too cool for wizard marines
>Too cool for manlet marines

Your friend suffers from a bad case of snowflake syndrome. It's best for everyone if you just put him down now.

Oh, that's kick ass.

So I can have my 1850 point battle forged list, and 150 points of just daemonettes hanging off to the side?

yeah, 2 death guard plague crawlers, a demon prince, bloat drones and a CSM melee nurgle defiler that can get demonforged + d3 health and miasma to absolutely obliterate whatever he catches while being obnoxious to kill. I love my units being as tanky as possible and the herald is just want I was looking for

>Playing worse Marines with every downside and zero perks
>Says they’re better

>doesnt care about crunch and plays army he wants because not WAAC fag

considering what the image is of and the source material
>It's your toxic masculinity that makes you see women as children
is more appropriate.

At the start of the game you have 150 reinforcement points. If you've only got daemonettes then it's obvious what you'd be summoning, but they aren't actually earmarked for daemonettes until after you roll and decide what unit you're bringing in.

user we have gone over this. If your not WAAC you are LAAC

seems a bit weak on anti-infantry firepower, you risk wiffing the D-scythes shot count roll

Yeah, the synergies between Chaos Daemons and CSM daemons are great. The Changeling almost makes Forgefiends worth it.

In a 2,000 point list, yes. Note that you don't declare what the reinforcement points are for, you can summon whatever (as long as it matches the summoners alignment) as long as the total point cost doesn't go over.

Have Orks been mentioned much in recent fluff? I've only seen some stuff from the 3rd War for Armegeddon but that was just essentially just adding Chaos into the fray because of fucking course. It's been 120 years and they still havent touched on the Octarius War. Maybe Nid Codex will soon? I'm feeling a little neglected here GW );

He will soon realizes that's a mistake. My friend also run a Primaris BA only and I wreck his shit with DC and SG. Now he's selling them to start over.

>doesn't just expand on what he got

I think he got the wrong message.

Wait till Primaris DC and Primaris Sanguinary Guard then you will look like fool you Silly Akko poster

Oh wow, that's amazing.

I should have played chaos earlier.

I can essentially bring my box of daemons and roll 3d6 and just plop down whatever I roll for?

>Have 5k in Deathwatch
>Only 5 Intercessors, 5 Hellblasters, and 1 Captain are Primaris in my Force
>They do ok to decently every time I use them
>Can’t imagine them being the entire Force unless Playing C:SM

I love Primaris, but pure forces of them more often than not mean you lose out on some flexibility found in your Codex. They can be great alone but they work best as synergistic units

>rules he likes
Do Primaris marines even get to take advantage of the DW rules? At that point you may as well just play vanilla marines without a CT.

It's more limited than that. It's really only worth it on deep-striking undivided characters.

What do you guys think of purple Dark Eldar?

I have daemonettes I want to use, so whatever I can do to get them in

It's basically a worse deepstrike.

R8 my list. It's supposed to be an 'all-comers' list, since I don't like tooling to an opponent's list much. Should I swap my Paladins' halberds for falchions, you think?

IG Battalion - Stormtroopers
2x Tempestor Prime - Command Rod
(3 squads) 10x Scions - 4x Volleyguns, Tempestor with Plasma pistol
(2 squads) Tempestus Command Squad - 4x Plasmaguns
2x Taurox Prime - Storm Bolter, Volleyguns and Gatling Gun

GK Vanguard
Ordo Malleus Inquisitor - Terminator Armor, Daemonhammer, Combi-Melta, Terrify
Draigo - Vortex, Gate
Apothecary - Warding Stave, Sanctuary
Paladin Ancient - Purge Soul - WARLORD - Banner of Refining Flame
Paladin Squad - 2x with Halberds, 2x with Psilencers and Halberds, Paragon with Hammer, Hammerhand
Culexus Assassin
Doomglaive Dreadnought - Incinerator

1998/2000

Or, since the image is supposed to be a play on puppies left outside in a cardboard box and the sororitas looks like a child it's tye natural human reaction of not wanting children to die cold and alone outside abandoned in a cardboard box due to exposure. Or you know, something edgy about SJWs or w.e works too I guess.

Started september but finished it in october

So a reworded question I asked in the last thread what would be better for minions/cannon fodder for a daemon prince fluff wise Cultists or Furies? I have both in the army but I want to know who should be treated the worst fluff wise.

Cultists

Aint happening

Well part of my fault that I keep telling him Primaris doesn't suit BA play style.

I will definitely get them if they are a thing though.

why must I be punished for giving my leviathan 2 claws

It's because GW is shit tier when dealing with orks.
They're not even the useless fodder used to fellate marines anymore.
Chaos seems to be replacing xenos in any interesting engagement.

Talking about chaos replacing xenos made me remember how fucking Baal went.
I need to go lie down.

I swear to gork (and/or Mork) if GW somehow makes chaos become the victors of octarius, I may just burst a blood vessel

Wait what happened at Baal?

>nice highlights
>human skin coat
>black templar in back
Patrician taste

Nothing Nothing happened. Ka'Bandha didn't save the Blood Angels REEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE

space wizard!

nothing, absolutly nothing
Some Khorne deamon prince came down and btfo all of the nids leaving their skulls in neat little piles

They did touch on the octarius war though. When ghazzy hot bored because Armageddon had become a stalemate he went over to help the octarius empire and fucking curbstomped Leviathan. Leviathan is basically kill now, Orks win. Probably just so they can add some new hire fleets for the nid Dex, though.

and so another eldar becomes a WAAC fag

I'm hoping two flamers, two prism cannons, two heavy d-scythes, four shuriken cannons, five missile launchers, and ten d-scythes will be enough to get me through most infantry.

Jesus how could they drop the ball that hard, they fucked over both factions I think that is a record.

That was before the Great Rift if I recall correctly.

Didn't Chaos mostly fuck off from Octarius already?

>the chosen of the spiritual liege don't suit a chapter that adopted his Codex among the first

There's a special place for you in Hell.

Spent today painting my Tempestor Prime. Not happy with the eye, but, I need to pick up a new brush it looks like. Atm I've got nothing that will hold paint on the tip and is narrow enough for the eyes. As it is rest of it I think works well enough, drybrush I think is a bit too agressive in a few spots, but, bit more practice and it will be fine.

We've seen hints of some sort of shit going down in Armageddon. Maybe we'll finally get some spotlights on the Orks?

It's not the painting I dislike, it's the wierd auspex thing in her hand that looks out of place and the poorly done...is that a power axe? Why?