Would a cleric/paladin based on Alex Jones become annoying too quickly?

Would a cleric/paladin based on Alex Jones become annoying too quickly?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=yJLhnts9-oQ
youtube.com/watch?v=myJA9BcgB6Q
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Psychological_projection
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

A cleric would become annoying instantly. A paladin is required to be LG so CE isn't a valid alignment for one.

also, pretty sure this is bait so sage.

/thread

>alex jones is CE

I know you don't like him, and given what he has said about my own religion I'm also not a fan, but he isn't chaotic evil. Don't be retarded. Also bump for OP because you announced a sage, like a retard.

Yep.

Guy is definitely not CE, talks about taking down child molesters, demons, vampires. Sounds like a good guy to me.

Almost two million people get their news from this man.

> Two million people.
> Get their news.
> From this man.

Fuck I can't wait for the fiesta-themed mad max ripoff to kick off in Arizona, it's going to be the raddest shit.

The dude is a massive troll who riles up stupid people into acting against their own interests and towards general xenophobia for his own profit.

He is, at his core, a troll of the highest caliber. That's CE. That's like, the definition of CE.

cleric would be annoying as shit, and he'd Fall in the first encounter if he was a paladin.

Holy fuck you are genuinely a paranoid schizo. If someone like Alex Jones is considered literally evil in your eyes than you need to go outside and actually understand the shit that is happening else where in the world, there are videos on liveleak of Brazilian drug dealers going around shooting random kids in the face for fun, and here you are complaining on a board about playing pretend about how trolls are an inherent moral evil.

>Muh xenophobia
Oh fuck off Sweden

>there are worse things than X therefore X isn't bad at all!

cool fallacy bro

Exclusively or just two million watch it.

>against their own interests

What are their interests? Do you know? Have you asked them. How can you say you know their interests better than they do? Maybe they don't want the same things you do?

He's just tired of them putting potions in the water that turn the friggin' goblins gay!

you do realize that he has admited in court that what you see on TV is a persona, much like Steven Colbert's persona on the Colbert report.

he's evil as hell, but i think thats probably closer to Neutral evil. he hurts his own followers, he hurts his targets, and it's all to make himself richer. Chaotic evil is without rhyme or reason, pure chaos. Alex has a logic. it's shitty and monstrous but its a logic.

It's been said before but the guy's "beliefs" are perfect campaign fodder. I may one day include a character like him but only make one out of every dozen or so things he says actually be true.

no but it'd make the frogs gay

1.) He doesn't actually fight child molestors. he just accuses a bunch of random people of being child molestors
2.) in a world where demons and vampires aren't real, accusing people of being them for profit and to encourage violence is evil.

I would never grow tired of it and I would absolutely love anyone who played an Alex Jones paladin and Id probably laugh at every single one of your jokes too.

But I have a cancerous sense of humor.

> that he has admited in court that what you see on TV is a persona

that just makes it so much worse .

But what about in the context of a fantasy setting, it would seem like normal paranoid paladin behavior.

>in a world where demons and vampires aren't real

t. guy named "Vlad"

He seems more chaotic good or to me, he talks down all this bad shit (pedophiles, murderers and some weird evil shit like vampires and satanist cults) and wants the human race to be safe. He is a bit of a nut tho

Sir Alexander Yonas, of the Crusade of Archives

He encourages townsfolk to swing swords around in taverns, insists local nobility are possessed by balors when they're all just taking guild bribes, and insists anyone that's breaking curfew is a vampire, except for the peasant rabble he's gathered to hunt vampires.

He also sells potions full white lead as enhancers of the mind and body, and sundry goods like siege master's taint kerchiefs, and a large sack of ground dried beans and bone meal he eagerly sells portions of as rations to other travelers on the road.

His crusade is neither based out of an archive, nor does it seem to be directed towards an archive of any description. It is oft guessed by fellow travelers that it is in fact a crusade against archives that Sir Alexander wages.

Yeah and I guess people saying faggot on an image board are just as evil as Hitler then?

Chaotic evil isn't just about doing stuff because you're stupid. It's also doing stuff to serve the cause of chaos and undermine law and order.

He'd be a great villain or villainous underling in a campaign, but if you had a character who behaves like he does, it'd get old after about 15 seconds.

>in a world where demons and vampires aren't real, accusing people of being them for profit and to encourage violence is evil.
>in a world where demons aren't real

Imagine being so sure of something so false.

Wow, I never heard of him before. *jerkoff motion in air*

Yeah, he's a fucking retard who's playing a character. That doesn't make him chaotic evil though. Is Colbert Chaotic Evil as well for also parodying the right wing?

>*jerkoff motion in air*

>bringing political "hilarious" memes to the table
>making a gimmick character hinging on a political personality

a paladin who consciously breaks his oath and lies for profit is like the BBEG in like a million first time DM's campaigns.

someone on Veeky Forums was just now arguing that depicting hitler as an invalid makes one worse than hitler, on account of hitler being dead, and thus unable to pursue his goals.

Enjoy that little Chestnut.

And what oath has he broken r/politics?

see

colbert didn't profit from directly encouraging violence and selling snake oil to people with medical needs.

>stupid people into acting against their own interests
>these people who disagree with me are stupid, and I KNOW WHAT IS BETTER FOR THEM REEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE

Let people vote for what they want, Alex Jones is a massive troll, and his followers are stupid, but he is neither dangerous or evil. Just annoying. Nothing he does is actually harmful, and he explicitly avoids calls to violence given that it would take him off the air.

a neutral person can speak out against evil for the same reason a farmer of corn can agree with a cattle rancher that wolves are bad. even if the corn farmer isnt directly effected, he can understand that wolves hurt cows, which hurts the livelihood of someone similar to them, and which can indirectly hurt them via food costs.

Good isnt "being opposed to pedophiles". good is "im going out to volunteer at a victim rehab center" or helping fund internet sting operations or something. neutral can be opposed to them easily on the grounds that they were children once, and they may have children/nephews, etc. neutrals just tend to not do much unless it impacts them. MAYBE donate a few times, but rarely extravagant amounts.

Alex Jones is a nutter who screams a bunch of bullshit.

So yeah, he's pretty much a cleric

Accusing a bunch of random people of being child molesters.

You're acting like Alex Jones instigated the day of the rope, and spinning super male vatility as if people with "medical needs" are buying it? I'll give you that it's snake oil but wanting to be more masculine isn't a fucking medical need.

> cleric/paladin
I think a more proper job classification would be a witch hunter... in a strictly enforced non-supernatural setting.

It's also tainted with lead, a neurotoxin that impedes brain function, and also reduces sperm count. Selling toxic non-functional 'nutraceuticals' that cause brain damage is fucking criminal, even if they're not a necessity for the rubes lives, he's still poisoning them.

Accusing people of being pedophiles without proofs for fame and money is quite evil.

Liver Shield
Natural Detox
Advanced Liver Cleanse
...etc etc

Also even for the vitamin crap there is no garuntee that it actually contains the active ingredient because this shit is unregulated. So of course there has been plenty of instances of "supplements fucking up and wither doing nothing or getting people hurt. He's evil.

American, right ?

I keep hoping it's going to be the animation where it hits her on the head. Bonnie is too pure.

>cleric/paladin
>not bard
He's trying to inspire and encourage.

I love this

>tainted with lead

Plenty of things are, question is at what levels.

>Alexander Yonas
>not Son of John

*looks around nervously*
*adjusts fedora*
...hey beautiful.

I'm not a fan of Alex Jones, but your posts reek of tumblr

Perfect character description. Perfect character art.
7/7, would quest with.

I think an Alex Jones type paladin would be a lot of fun. You reduce the bashing and add some fun passion yelling. He would always help the party "unless they where dragonborn, lizzardfolk, and back stabbing cunts." And he would promote a lot of fun. Add a jab and a giggle about your cleric selling some water filter equivalent.

>it's tumblr to notice that baiting people to fight each other so that they can more easily be locked into a system of hand to mouth poverty is kind of fucked up

ok bro

This thread. 2 people ranting and raving radical and unbased political views. And most everyone else saying " ya that would be fun".

Tone it done radical Libtards. Your making my Democratic party look like a bunch of Nazis.

Earn those shekels, user, earn them.

I remember the days when tg wasn't filled with liberals and Tumblr fags

I miss those days

It was always Elf fags and Week fags. Now it's even worse. The general downgrade of society is going to be the end if us all.

What /the/ needs is someone to stand up to such hate, such invasion of our website, and such degeracy. Someone who speaks with passion. And someone who has a keen sense of calling out those scaly scum for who they are.

Veeky Forums needs an Alex Jones Paladin.

>I have no argument so I'll just post the word shill over and over

shouldn't you be on /x/ telling everyone the Earth is flat?

youtube.com/watch?v=yJLhnts9-oQ

>Veeky Forums was always a neo-Nazi shithole, honest guis!

back to your containment board stormfucks

The responses to your post make me give up hope in the future of Veeky Forums. People are well and happy enough to believe whatever, so long as it aligns with what they already believe.

Veeky Forums needs palAlex Jones

>Assuming someone's earth preference.

Are you a planetphobe? That's racist you biggot nazi! If he identifies his planet as being Flat then it's Flat and that's a fact! Your just A racist Nazi Zenophobe, TransPhobe hater! And we don't want your radical right wing veiws on /r/tg/

This is exactly what I'm talking about
A bunch of no fun moralizing busybodys

Omfg you made me smile! A Pal! An Alex!
A Palalex Jones!

>everyone is samefag

But I said the opposite of your implication. And he never even implied that Veeky Forums was a "Nazi" board. It never was. It just wasnt a retard "Anti-Nazi yet somehow more Nazi" board

Can we get some good and Sexy Palalex Jones Art? Maby make his holy symbol be the Veeky Forums logo?

I like my paladins with massive shoulder pads. Being Alex Jones he should have a massive weapon and be holding an Open Holy book.

>Listen, I have the scrolls right here in front of me.
>Contamination detected in the wells around Stormhold, put there by the elites, to suppress magic aptitude in the citizens.
>They're afraid people, it's all right here.
>They know that when regular folks like you or me, get our hands on magic
>*sniff*
>We won't put up with it anymore!

I could see it. Might be more fun for an NPC though. I used to start shadowrun games with radio broadcasts from Alexander Jones III, his descendant, getting picked up by the PCs radio/communicators.

>Would a cleric/paladin based on Alex Jones become annoying too quickly?
It depends, but most answers lean towards "yes." If a player came up with someone based on him, it WOULD get annoying very quickly. You can't keep up that kind of persona for more than a couple sessions without it grating on people's nerves. You could end up veering into That Guy territory as you try to keep up the character. As an NPC, you might be able to make it work better, and Cleric would be the way to go over Paladin (though is right, Bard is a fairly solid choice too). You can take such a character in smaller doses without it becoming grating. You can have him raving about how they're putting curses in the wands to turn the wizards gay, and actually make something of it. This here is probably another reason to have a character like him as an NPC. Think about that description, and how it might go down if it were a player doing it, and if it were an NPC. Even with all this said, the key to making a character like that work is having them in small doses so it doesn't just become background noise to the party.

Also, both of you shut the fuck up about your politics.

Apparently the products it was in, Caveman Formula and Myco-ZX, contained twice the daily limit of lead to a dose.

That's it? You get more from just breathing the air of any big city for a day.
Odd to make a fuss over that

You can't have an Alex Jones Radio in most DnD settings. How would you implement a "Radio" broadcast of Alex Jones.

Maby news papers with Harry Potter pictures of Alex Jones?

These. NPC Jones would be fine. PC Jones, it'd not really work. It would be like trying to play a PC based on Francis E. Dec, you can't keep that up for long without it getting SUPER fucking annoying.

>"Hear ye, hear ye! The noblemen of the court conspire to curse thy frogs and make them unholy sodomites in the eyes of our Lord!"

I think a PC Alex Jones would work as long as you put a chill on it. Keep him calm most of the time. And Cut the Yelling by 75%. And made the Alex Jones aspect only be a part of the Character and not the Full character.

Intelligent Items, capable of vocalization, ranks in Diplomacy. Maybe telepathy too? Would get a bit expensive, though could be excused through nobility connections. In any case, make up a system where these things can be delivered in public places like Inns, bars, Guard outposts, etc.

Or that works too.

>NPC Jones

youtube.com/watch?v=myJA9BcgB6Q

A large organization of News reporters in the streets. All of then a part of a Holy order to spread all Truth and embrace your fellow man.

The Street Yeller's are all Clerics.
The Truth Seekers are Paladins accompanied by one or 2 clerics.
The Leader of the holy order is Palalex Jones himself. High Holy Arc Paladin of the Holy Order of Truth.

That's him isn't it. It's what he would be doing if not for the Illuminati mind control/communication networks that carry his cries far and wide.

I'm imagining something out of Bloodborne, where they dabble in strange elixirs and try to uncover alien secrets hidden under our very noses.

I don't see them Dabbling in strange elxiers. I see a group selling elixirs and many some groups forceing it on the people.
The Holy Order of Truth would be on a small crusade to insure this "health" elxier was actually healthy. But it turns out a cult is pushing this cured health elxier to make everyone more willing to be subject to a mass mind control spell.

*Cursed

>I don't see them Dabbling in strange elxiers. I see a group selling elixirs

That's what I mean.

>religious group turns out to be evil and trying to rule shit

Sounds a bit boring.

Nigga can't read.

A total different group is evil.
And a total different group is selling the Elixir.

To be fair. Typing from a phone with the most retarded auto correct can make it difficult to read.

using the stupidity of others to sell them conspiracy theory bullshit and stuff that dose not work sounds evil to me

>A total different group is evil.

Where did I say it was the same group? I said the idea of it being a religious group that's evil and seeking power is a big old.

>sometimes when I am doing crazy stunts like the joker bit I'm just playing a character. I'm not actually that crazy. Please don't take my kids away!

>see he's literally JUST playing a character. We got him boys!

Get fucked. 80% of what he says is true and he has huge guests on all the time. 20% is cockamamie bullshit.

I bet you don't even believe in the gay frogs.

>these faggots arguing over how evil or not IRL Alex Jones is
>not having him actually be right in campaign
>not selling water filters that create holy water
IDK man, I'm playing him as a Paladin/Barbarian and it's pretty fun. Going after Strahd so the inter-dimensional vampire pedophiles is a pretty fun joke. Wish I'd named him Alexander Yonas though.

Why would someone do that, when we all know diversity is our strength and white cishet patriarchy is ruling the world. Give your money to the government and only allow racist cops have guns.

>"Step right up, folks, get your blessed vessel, touched by the goddess herself. By holy decree any water consumed from this vessel will be blessed, removing any and all curses and poxes with it, and ensuring longevity and health."

This disinformation genuinely pisses me off.

Fucking buzzfeed sent his stuff to a California lab (strictest standards in the nation) and they all passed containing nothing more than their listed ingredients.

Furthermore super male has active ingredients that actually work. Saw palmetto and pygeum is used in France as first line treatment for prostate enlargement issues. Also boosts test.

It took like 30 minutes for me to find a few peer reviewed journals on these components. The rest have no evidence.

That said I just bought nicer supps from nature's way so whatever.

>en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Psychological_projection

>Tells people raciest and hateful lies to sell them tactical toilet paper and vitamin drinks.

That's pretty evil.

>racist

What racist things has he said, exactly?

Also, is it a lie if you believe it?