Goblins... cartoon?

>Goblins is trying to get a Kickstarter for an animated series.
>Will have VAs like Billy West and Jim Cummings.
>Still not learned from the previous Kickstarter fisaco.

What. The. Fuck. How many damn strings is this guy pulling? How many more dolts is this guy going to ruse?

Other urls found in this thread:

kickstarter.com/projects/1369986283/goblins-animated
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

>Steve Blum

It amazes me that after all this time, douchebag STILL hasn't learned how to draw faces properly.

Hell, I'd support this just for the voice talent.

And also to make the Veeky Forums anons who faithfully follow it so they can hate it have something to rage over.

I haven't even thought of this in like 2 years. Remember the "I'm sad" meme? That was good.

Tarol remembers.

This guy really believes he is God's gift to webcomics, doesn't he?

The important thing is that *you* believe he believes it user. Isn't that the truth?

I'M SAD is my #1 guilty magical realm. One day my players will vote for a 'gritty and grim' fantasy game and I'll be all over that shit.

>>Still not learned from the previous Kickstarter fisaco.
I think he has since he's not having another dude manage it this time.

It's CAD the animated series all over again

I can never stay mad at the guy. He seems like an alright, if dim, person.

Whatever happened to CAD?
Is it still running?

Yup. Like drunk molasses.

The crazy thing is, he probably WILL get the funding. Goblins have a strangely rich fanbase, who puts up with A LOT of Thunt's shit and literally saved him on numerous occasions.

Reminder that this faggot's fans bought him a fucking house in exchange for literally nothing.

Is it S A D ?

I mean more him thinking people will give a shit about something so esoteric.

I mean, trading card game that no one else can play? Cartoon taking away talented voice actors from other projects and subjecting them to his terribly awkward dialogue?

It's just a waste of human resources. And honestly, what sort of card game takes over $100,000 to produce? My Little Pony fans made a card game with only $10,000, and they made expansion packs too. Meanwhile Thunt can barely get the original cars game out the door.

Thunt is like if you fused Tim Buckly with Chris Chan, and added a heavy layer of beta male. Overly huge ego of himself, but is extremely passive aggressive about it, while having incredibly awkward art direction and dialogue that somehow takes ages for him to do when it's supposed to be his "job" at this point. Then you add in the fact he went on a meltdown for almost a year just because he can't handle criticism from SJWs and fans impatient with his glacial updates, he's clearly got loads of issues.

if you dont want steve blum, dan green and yuri lowenthal to voice every single character in any sort of animated series your taste is irredeemable

My big worry is that he only ever gave a month to raise an obnoxious sum of money. If this doesn't get funded what happens? Will he kill Tempts Fate or something?

I would rather Steve voice my animated dick than put his hands in this mess.

>Wanting the likes of Steve Blum to waste his breath on autistic trash like Goblins.

I dropped this at the "rape arc" and after reading some bullshit comment from the author about his mother or something which I still can't remember if it was real or just some shitty joke. How'd it go since then?

I don't think it did.

Reminder that the previous Tempts Fate he promised to do since the last kick starter fell through still isn't finished.
I don't give this any higher chances of succeeding than the dungeon or the card game.
It's still SAD.

I want it to happen for the same reason I want the Robotech Live Action Movie to happen. The Nerd Rage will be transcendental.

Almost half a million dollars is pretty expensive for getting enjoyment off nerd rage. But then again we have the Star Wars Prequels and the Bay movies...

quality doesn't matter, they should be in everything
it is their duty

It is not my money that is being wasted. And besides it gives people jerbs.

M E L T I N G
E
L
T
I
N
G

How is this shit popular enough for this to happen?

what the fuck people

kickstarter.com/projects/1369986283/goblins-animated

Your guess is as good as mine.

Okay what the shit, internet. That's a good $66 per person, although I'm sure we got people literally pissing away their money to see this trainwreck happen.

He's asking for half a fucking million!?

Not one, but TWO idiots pledged $10,000 for this shit. This is Trump levels of stupid.

>if you pay me $10,000, I'll thank you and give you some books and a sticker pack

There are much more deserving magical realm webcomics out there

I hope this kickstarter fails

So it's half a million for one pilot episode?

Didn't the man make one kikestarter already for I think a board game that he kind of bailed from?

Yes.

It's really disgusting how much these people will come back for more of this ruse cruise.

I'm not going to subject myself to the kickstarter page. Does he seriously believe he can get established VAs to voice his shitty webcomic's cartoon? Does he have any sort of guaruntee from some VAs about this. Does he have someone else managing that part of this "project"? Is he planning to scam his easily-manipulated backers or is he just psychotic?

Wait, this shit is still going on?
Man, I can't believe the kind of shit people get hanged up on.

>Does he seriously believe he can get established VAs to voice his shitty webcomic's cartoon?

They're all in the video doing the voices

He pulled some long strings

>Chris Chan
Oh god I'm glad I'm not the only one. Something about the dialogue in the OP was seriously reminding me of Sonichu, more than how it breaks the 4th wall in an awkward and overly on the nose way

>Thunt being this socially awkward on camera.
>All the VAs are actually for this trainwreck.

There's one consolation from all this. I hope the cartoon overshadows the comic so much OR the cartoon has to tone down the violence, themes, and gore so much that Thunt gets a 2nd meltdown and stops doing the comic.

He expects half a million dollars for one episode, it's not gonna happen relax

I am pretty sure some fans like seeing the growing levels of insanity every time he misses a deadline or fucks something up.

I know I do.

He's going to hit 200k by the end and that's all

>half a million dollars for one episode
Well, I think we know how he got real voice actors for this. Guessing he promised them fuckhuge cuts of the kickstarter money if they signed on before he made it.

So... is he going to kickstart for each new episode? I can't even imagine how impractical THAT will be for the animation studio and the prime VAs.

Also,

>tfw the VAs all get paid upfront, and once the episode inevitably fails the VAs still have their money so they don't care for the fallout.

That can be the only reason why the people were so pumped in the video. So is Thunt just screwing himself for a single episode? Wow.

>Kickstarter is still a thing
I keep expecting people to catch on, and people keep waiting truly ridiculous amounts of money. I'm beginning to suspect that my business professor was full of shit.

Hey, I've gotten some pretty neat stuff at decent prices from kickstarter projects. Can't complain.

I can complain about this particular one, though.

I assume the voice actors are the bigger draw than the comic itself, but I really have no idea how many people actually read it

I think that might actually be a good reason to be sad.
I mean fucked up shit happens in Goblins but, the suffering ends quickly after the mutilation.

I backed the banner saga and have an unsounded hardcopy. Kickstarter has some great stuff. It's just buried in with a metric ton of shit and scams, and unlike actual investment, you've got no real protection

1. Nice trips.
2. Let's be honest Veeky Forums you love to hate this comic or you actually secretly like it. I wouldn't be shocked if a good chunk of those backers are fa/tg/uys doing it out of some ironic kick knowing that if by some miracle this is successful we are all going to have a stroke.

I like it unironically. Never got the hate.

>We're creating the pilot episode
So, they want $465 thousand for one episode?

Family guy costs a fat fucking million every episode.
Let that sink in.

I think a lot of that is voice actors and writers asking for more over time. I don't know what a normal pilot would go for though

Yeah you're right, a good chunk of it is VA talent, and this project has a shockingly high amount of that.

>Didn't the man make one kikestarter already for I think a board game that he kind of bailed from?
>Yes.
>It's really disgusting how much these people will come back for more of this ruse cruise
It was a card game and he partnered with someone in a dumbass way and they scammed and bolted, leaving him holding the bag with no way to do anything about it.
He didn't scam before, he was just a colossal trusting idiot who got his fans scammed.

He's working with actual professionals now.
>So, they want $465 thousand for one episode?
>He's asking for half a fucking million!?
>So it's half a million for one pilot episode?
>He expects half a million dollars for one episode
Yep.
Some of the others involved got burned on an underfunded project, so they budgeted it out so they have enough to get it done without half assing it, before it starts.

>So... is he going to kickstart for each new episode?
They have plans to get funding for more, but very often nothing gets done before the pilot is shot, or after.

Also, some of that cost is infrastructure.
A second episode is a $200k stretch goal.

How long has this been running for now? I remember years, and years ago reading this a bit and liking the concept but not so much the writing, the character development or the story.

If someone else writes the story, manages the dialog and gives the characters a redesign it might be neat.

Family Guy has been on the air for years, and they've got big companies to subsidize for those kinds of costs and to cover the expenses of dozens of animators, and an episode can make back that money via licencing and ad revenue.

This guy wants half a million so his team can hire a shit ton of expensive voice actors and an expensive animation studio.

Nothing wrong with that, but you'd think it'd be a better idea to hire the expensive animation studio, and then hire a few big name actors and have the rest be people you don't have to pay thousands of dollars per recording session.

Yeah my post was meant to illustrate that point. Animation is expensive, VA talent is expensive. Half a mil for something with a professional coat of paint is entirely reasonable.
From the creative force behind sad melty face, maybe not. But for the production quality yeah.

I mean look at the amazing screw on head. The pilot was so expensive it couldn't be made into an actual series.

I was assuming he'd just take the money and run again. Who cares if you promise each of the three 100k then?

>he'd just take the money and run again.
He never did that the first time.
He's taken money freely given to him and then did nothing.
He's gotten his fans scammed.
But he never "took the money and ran".
If you're going to criticize, be accurate.

He has reneged on promises before though.

Granted, he didn't take all the money, but do you really think someone that shamelessly greedy would have let the whole thing slide (given that he'd have earned royalties on it) if he hadn't kept a good chunk of that money for himself?

>do you really think someone that shamelessly greedy would have let the whole thing slide (given that he'd have earned royalties on it) if he hadn't kept a good chunk of that money for himself?
Um, he didn't?
He didn't "let it slide".
He trusted the other guy to handle it while having no direct control over him. I believe because he didn't have the will to make a card game himself.
The other guy took the money and disappeared.
Then Tarol could do literally nothing as he didn't even have the right to access the backer list.

Painting Tarol as a greedy scam artist is like making up bizarre and stupid tweets and claiming Trump posted them.
If you want to criticize him, there is plenty of reality to draw from, why bother making shit up?

$500k for one episode? That's bloody cheap. Is the episode going to be 5-7 minutes long?

>He didn't "let it slide".
He absolutely did, because...
>He trusted the other guy to handle it while having no direct control over him.
>The other guy took the money and disappeared.
And then he made zero effort to take them to task for it on behalf of his fans

Nice trips. Lucky!

I just wanna see Thunt give rein of the cartoon over to Matt King and everyone else, just to see how well/terrible others can make the characters. I'll probably be internally laughing forever if the pilot episode is actually far better than the comic to the point Thunt would have to acknowledge others did a better job with his IP than he himself.

Didn't this guy hold one of his characters hostage for more cash?

If you're going to pretend like you don't know, you probably shouldn't use that image that tells us everything we need to know about it

>And then he made zero effort to take them to task for it on behalf of his fans
He did make effort, but the guy disappeared.
As in, Tarol had no method finding him and holding him accountable.
Should he have had such measures in place before starting the project? Hell yes.
But he didn't, so he couldn't, so your point is dumb as are you for the reasons stated last post.
Party on, dummy.

>He did make effort, but the guy disappeared.
I've never seen any evidence of this, or that he did much of anything from the moment the KS ended. But if you're going to start in on the namecalling this discussion is clearly pointless.

>I've never seen any evidence of this
Well there were the posts he made explicitly explaining the whole thing and how frustrating it was that Kickstarter's perfectly reasonable policies were in this instance preventing him from getting some sort of something to the backers.
But I'm not going to go hunting for them.
If, by evidence, you meant results, I'm not aware of any success.

As for the "namecalling"?
If you persist in making things up after it was simply explained why doing such was dumb, then you are a dummy, dummy.
The sky is blue, water is wet, and doing dumb things makes a person a dummy.

I'd want to see this done in completely different style by actually competent artists, that would be good for a laugh.

Your writing style is familiar. Too upfront to be canadian, so you aren't Thunt... What's your handle on his forum?

>implying I need other boards
I never bother with forums or picking up handles and I don't comment on most comics I read.
I just, you know, read.

I do post here a bit though.

Huh, I wonder what his Kickstarter is like.

>$65,031 pledged
Hey, that's pretty good.

>of $465,000 goal
Oh. Yeah, he ain't getting that money.

If he maintains this pace, he'll only fall one third short of his goal, so there's that.

People like to get paid for the work they do. Big name voice actors won't be cheap.

You know I never did get the IM SAD meme. Yeah there was awkwardly shoed in rape and mutilation but it never seemed to have anything to do with the actual comic. It was just like the guy writing it was autistic with some deep issues and couldn't actually make a comic for shit. Hence the essentially random and out of nowhere rape and violence just after some slapstick comedy.

add a dash of kazerad with convoluted missed update apologies, moving deadlines and hiatuses, and you're spot on.

What the fuck happened to Fumbles

if it doesn't get funded he's gonna make the sad lumpy creature cry again