Warhammer 40k general /40kg/

Necromunda edition.

Previous >Warhammer Community news(November White Dwarf Preview: Welcome to the Underhive)
warhammer-community.com/2017/10/27/november-white-dwarf-preview-welcome-to-the-underhive-oct-27gw-homepage-post-4/

>Daily Duncan Playlist
youtube.com/watch?v=D1ZNeqYRaS4&index=1&list=PLEaPE4sLDA7ucJ0dkiVZSW6ghZUNGFHIW

>GW FAQ (1.1):
games-workshop.com/en-GB/Rules-Errata#40k-errata

>FW FAQ (1.1):
warhammer-community.com/2017/07/15/new-and-updated-forge-world-faqs-july16gw-homepage-post-2/

>Rules and such. Use Readium on pc/iphone, lithium/kobo on android:
>Everything 8th edition in properly converted pdf & epub, fully bookmarked and linked with in-line errata annotations
mega.nz/#F!bF0ExS4D!_XaMECn0K9HiJKUFSopJLA

>Other Megas
mega.nz/#F!64wmnBZR!rWcm37EkOOeToeueqhPjpA
mega.nz/#F!BxI1HSgI!0tKymKh9RZTzGpgIA5EyCg
mega.nz/#F!9NchGZyZ!-V1LhJALxDp9Tw97WzEQGA
mega.nz/#F!pFgm0RKR!J06C1gVYcjzNGsF8YNLsjQ
>Old Black Library Mega
mega.nz/#F!wx4BiKhD!YhnAf1BqSmAB8dO6xDM56Q

>WIP Math-hammer doc (Thanks Chart-user!)
docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1h0hk_IdJ7fivDEjMiIpKM5yMMB8HTm64lZHuKdLZCIU/edit?usp=sharing

Other urls found in this thread:

warhammer-community.com/2017/08/09/new-matched-play-rules-in-chapter-approved-aug-9gw-homepage-post-1/
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

first for biomorphs

Big titty biomorphs

give sisters close combat potential in their codex pl0s

ur a biomorph
captcha: cadia hilario

nth for old people.

Orks soon?

Use Penitent engines you silly boy.

fun>competitive

master of ordnance, call a strike on

captcha: gardens centre

No.

Next year, at the earliest.

We do this every thread.

>necromunda edition
>not return of the screamer-killer edition
Into the trash it goes

>buzzwords
Get gud

But what's your source boss

>penitent engines
>sisters
pick one

>Shock Squig
>Used as a battery

>Caring about npc race
user please

Since when is fun a buzz word?

But they are a Sisters' unit.

>Holy Orders come out
>every army is counts as our martyred lafy

they aren't THOUGH

> (You)
>Since when is fun a buzz word?
You must be new here.

What are melta pistols???

One of the first Warhammer Community posts about Chapter Approved mentions it'll be providing some rules for factions not getting their codex this year. The three factions mentioned explicitly are Dark Eldar, Necrons, and Orks.

warhammer-community.com/2017/08/09/new-matched-play-rules-in-chapter-approved-aug-9gw-homepage-post-1/

Now fuck off Orkfags, Nid players are going to be bad enough when their book drops.

Oh thank you sir

no can do user,
captcha; prohibido house

I want my +1 to cast for Tsons already.
I need Ahriman to truly bitch slap typhus and Morty in the psychic phase

>But what's your source boss
MORK W'ISPAI'NG IN MY EAR
AND GORK YELLING IN THE OTHER

COMMANDER WE HAVE

No footway route

I just want more powers. And depressed my psychic legion will have 12 less powers than Eldar

Ok.
What's stopping you from fielding them?

I wonder if factions that will never get a codex, like sisters, talons of the emperor (custodes, sisters of silence) etc will be getting something.

that's not what my initial post was about. i could add assault marines into my sister army if this is how we're going

>Kewords
>None of the Squigachu
Your Internet priviliges are revoked indefinitely

That'd be nice
Wish I could use more than 2 sorcerers
Any more and they're just Smite

More insufferable than the marine player bitching that their codex isnt top tier?
Or more insufferable than the guard players bitching about every justified nerf theirs gets?
Or what about the eldar players lauding about how theirs is going to be the end all be all best codex?

sorry but the amount of psychic powers have to be nerfed on a psychic power heavy army

Can't wait for Codex: Transvestites to come out so that stupid cunt Celestine gets nerfed.
>haha I'm across the board turn 1
>haha can't die haha
FUCK THAT BROKEN PIECE OF SHIT

>mfw Morty says he doesn't do sorcery despite being a daemon and talking to Ku'Gath

sometimes GW knows how to do silly shit

Alright then.
Sisters will nearly always be terrible in assault because S3.
The trick is to use Pistols and Flamers to shoot your way out. Seraphim with X2 pairs of Inferno pistols can melt Characters and vehicles because they have and the pistol rule.

How prevalent are flyers in this edition?
Do I still need to take dedicated anti-air in every bloody list?

>implying sister's codex will ever see the light of day

>sisters of battle getting a codex

But seriously isnt the rumor mill that she is going up by 100 points in chapter approved and Bobby G is going up by 50ish? Of course thats what people here have been saying without being able to provide an actual source so who knows.

Which CSM legion would be the best to have a melee dreadnought variant in? Got my hands on an iron circle automata and its too nice a model not to use. I'm split on EC and World Eaters right now.

Once ca drops theyll die down

Flying is just -1 hit and no melee from ground bound units.

Could you rate my Harlequin + Wraith Host army backstory?
Names and the “mission” still under work

A large harlequin troupe was traveling the real space on the way to a mission when on the way they found an almost destroyed craftworld that had just barely survived a Chaos attack, thought with heavy losses. Of all their commanding officers and dedicated psychers the only ones that were able to survive were a bunch of bonesinger and a single, young (by Eldar standards) Spiritseer. Most of the population had perished too, with too many spirit stones lost and the souls inside them lost to Slaanesh to count
Most of the surviviors, confronted so strongly with their mortality and the consequences of it, and desiring revenge, asked to join the harlequins and the cult of Cegorach.
The troupe thus chose to split up. Most of them would go on with their mission, while a part of them would remain behind to train the group of new recruits, much greater than any before than
The Eldar that died, but whose spirit stone they were able to retrieve, wanted to help and seek the destruction of Chaos too, so many of them were put into wraith constructs to help the troupe whenever it was necessary, thus with most of this wraiths be the teachers, parents, lovers of the newly created harlequins

EC for shooty, WE for choppy

Wishlist Time. I want your best bets on what GW will release for your army in 2018.

Emperors Children
> Fulgrim
> Lucius
> Fabius Bile
> Noise Marines
> Fabius's Primaris CSM
> Noise Tank

>WE Iron Circle

Why are you doing this to yourself?

But user
They already released Fulgrim...

you never get to use pistoleros in any effective way because they happen the turn after. maybe if you could get impact hits with flamer weapons, this could be good

bring back the old The Passion in some more similar form

bring back sarissas

make it possible for any sister superior to get a blessed weapon or eviscerator

gib a furious charge type buff bubble from a priestess

>eviscerator
They took away eviscerators from priests, why would they give them to sisters?

>xeno mercenaries army
>plastic sisters of battle
>new guardsmen sculpts
>plastic aspect warriors
>stopping the usage of finecast and going back to metal
>updated chaos marine sculpts
>duncan clones for sale

I kinda hope they expand on the Ynnari army
Give them some unique models with a distinct aesthetic rather than the jumbled mess it is right now

Tyranids
>plastic lictor kit
>plastic biovore/pyrovore dual kit
>plastic superheavy
>dominatrix

why would sisters have to lose them if priests did?

>sorry but the amount of guns have to be nerfed on a shooting heavy army

iirc, only a single priest model actually has an Eviscerator.

i'll never forget gw taking away sgt lasguns

But they have worse armour, termies give relentless(heavy weapons without penalty when moved) and they can have heavy weapon in one hand and power fist in other.
Fluff wise custodes are weraing 2+ armour and reflactor field(5++)

>Plastic sisters
>More Sister units
>Mechanicus units, flyers and or a mobile box for troop movement

Oh wait best bets? Ya not getting any of my wishes at all.

>No DE until 8th
Oh well, i'll enjoy my 350 point rape machine until then

But your heavy weapons have lasguns

>George put that lasgun and help me load our heavy weapon
>No way Steve, that's all you. I'll just shoot them.

If I want to do a Death Guard army with more melee then shooting it is ideal or it doesnt make any sense? Im kind of desperate for trying to have a melee army, Im pretty tired to play the gunline with the other armies that I have.

Many of Orks' key models won't be in the codex. So don't make too many wishes on the monkey's paw.

All of these don't have currently produced models, so they won't get codex entries.
>Warboss with Power Klaw
>Warboss on bike
>Warboss in MA
>Big Mek on bike
>Big Mek with anything but a Shokk attack gun
>Painboy on bike

And those are just the ones off the top of my head.

like they did before when heavy weapon teams were 2 models. but having to take a laspistol/ccw combo for a sergeant really hurt. thanks frfsrf

I dont think it makes much sense but if thats what you want you can certainly make it work just not very well, if you wanted an army thats tough and good in close combat than you could do a Tyranid list with big bugs and genestealers.

Pkboss is in the AOBR kit they re-released for the kiddiehammer game

They should also have a KFFmek, unless they tossed the mold.

>ideal or doesn't make any sense
pretty sure it's somewhere in between

Yeah I still have a bunch of lasgun sergeants sitting in a box.

It's more the convenience of having one less differently-armed guardsman in your unit. When fully equipped, that's a heavy weapon, a special weapon, lasguns AND a pistol all to count separately. Would be nice to simplify that a little.
Especially if you took squads naked. Ten guys, ten shots, twenty up close, forty if ordered. Quickens things.

if they do the dominatrix surely that would be the superheavy.

GW's retarded kneejerk on this horseshit makes me so fucking angry.

Oh and also annoying since Space Marine sergeants never lost the ability to swap their pistol for a bolt-gun to join in the rest of the unit's firepower

And I suppose there's fluff/practicality arguments to make about the Guard insisting every Squad leader isn't allowed a rifle.

Blame Chapter...
Oh they made rules for a non existing model.

The fuck is wrong with you GW make up your mind.

I have never been more proud of Old One Eye than in this edition.

>Ten guys, ten shots, twenty up close, forty if ordered. Quickens things.

9 shots, 19 up close, 37 if ordered

>tfw no storm shield thunder flail sisters

She's T3, she's easy to deal with. I felt bad for bringing her often until I played against her multiple times and realized she's not much of a threat, just mildly annoying.

That may have the OoE head but unless those are really long crushing claws then that's not OoE

>not female swiss guard pikemen

>green admech

You guys have Crusaders, Death Cult Assassins, Celestine, Canoness', Repentia and Penitent Engines. Some of the best assault in the game is in that list.

>git gud
If you can't kill a T3 with unit then you should consider a more simple game for you.

Protip, most of the time you just ignore the cunt and table the rest of the army for using the expensive flying wall.

>Crusaders
As a Guard player who fell in love with the model at first sight and ordered ten of them, how do they play?

They are amazing. Been using them since 8th dropped. Now with Guard they have better options.

half of those aren't sisters units

Valkyrie

Non SoB units:
>Crusaders
>DCA
>Arco-Flagellants
>Penitent Engines

Leaving Celestine, that is a special character so it does not count.
Canoness, oh yes the melee model with buff that only benefits ranged units
Repentias... Do you even play this game or just angry about Power armored Corset Bondage nuns with guns.

>Repentia listed instead of arco-flagelants

I had a Tau player tell me that this thing activates against units disembarking from a transport. The wording makes me think otherwise since it says via ability (not rule), but I have no idea. Does it?

Before IG codex, they didn't work that well, you better of running Arco-fags

With IG they aren't that deadly but in Chimeras or Valks with Psyker and Priest they become the most annoying wall in the game.

Yeah, I assumed the major issues you'd see with them in a SoB army would be lack of good transport to get them into melee and the fact that Acts of Faith have to be spread across your army.

Taking them solo makes it like a sort of inverse ninja effect; they get the AoF all to themselves and get to do it pretty much every turn. And of course guard have the best assault transport in the game now.

The access to Psychic Barrier is really just icing on the cake.

Tau players are faggots, unless that transport is a drop pod.

They are with the Sisters, therefore they count. Her re-roll 1s aura counts in melee too.
Oops, forgot one.

Fuck no

Disembark is not arriving on the battlefield, as wierd as that sounds. The rule is clearly intended to defend against deep strike abilities.

Tell him its fair and legal to tske his army and smash it because the rulebook doesnt twll you you cant. Hes a WAACfag and a cheater, so nothing will be lost