You are the emperor

>You are the emperor.
>You are old.
>You have only one son and he is like picture.

What you are doing?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtu.be/OUePZZDLPrE
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

Have him killed, cry at the funeral, hand pick a successor who is more worthy. No sense handing everything I've built to a worthless brat who only qualifies through blood, not virtue.

Make sure he gets a good regent and mentor instead of her whore mom

Send him off to the monastery. Now that he's disinherited, my much saner brother is next in line for the throne.
Phew. This could have got so ugly if I didn't act in a responsible manner.

Fresh boipucci tonight

"son, you are a violent cunt, but violent cunts can be useful so remember these words and you'll be a great king"

"killing your kingdom's citizens makes you a coward, killing OTHER kingdom's citizens makes you a king!"

How old?

If I can still get to full mast we're having another son with someone, naming him heir and giving the job of Regent to my BFF in the event that shitstain son tries anything funny.

If necessary have the little shit suffer an "accident".

If too old to father a less useless heir then either adopt or name BFF next in line, have them publically swear loyalty to him and retire to villa somewhere with nice weather. Leave turd tier son in the capital. Maybe he can grow some balls and get good, maybe then he can get a job as an administrator or something and manage to be less of a disappointment.

This.
Virtue has no meaning if it's not your blood

Step One: Hire a mage
Step Two: Become bedridden and on the brink if death
Step Three: Have the mage body swap me and my son
Step Four: Allow my old body to die, begin ruling for another lifetime

Repeat as needed.

But user, that makes for difficult diplomacy.

Change the succession laws into Electoral Imperium. The nobles will be overjoyed, and the little shitstain will have no power. Nobody needs to die.

Poison him and name my most trusted official as my successor.

The man who prides blood over virtue simply ensures his bloodline will be weak and worthless, lacking it entirely.

The Emperor is not simply a head of one family, he is the head of every family he rules over, and must consider what is best for all of them. To entrust the fates of so many to a fool would only show that you are just as much of a fool as your heir.

The Dynasty might end, but your works and your empire shall live on. Far better that than fragmentation, chaos and war, with the memory of your house besmirched by the death throes of the incompetent you set upon the throne.

Adopt a new son.

Build army up so he doesn't have to fuck with peace. Marry him off to a daughter of a powerful nation with loads of enemies so he'll have an excuse.

>Mage mindswaps into the boy instead and usurps the throne
Whooops! Honestly should have seen that coming, she wears all black and cackles all the time.

Is it ethical to rape said son until he’s completely obedient to your trusted politicians?

>not being a wizard yourself
>not just making yourself immortal

didn't really work out of him in the end

Host a tournament that would allow a worthy champion to challenge my son in one on one combat.

throw him out in the woods and just leave him there

if he comes back then it's all good
if he doesn't, fuck him

I have bigger fish to fry, like the growing horde of boars at our borders.

>tfw to intelligent to rule my kingdom

>click disinherit button
>lose 50 prestige
>doesn't matter because too big to get PUd
>get better heir a few days later anyway
Damn it feels good to be a gangsta

Abolish the concept of hereditary monarchy. Establish a system where the Emperor has to have a number of successors named secretly. The documents will be sealed away and noone but the king himself knows their contents. On the kings death, the seal will be opened in front of a council of the most influential noblemen of the Empire, and the new king will be proclaimed. Have a contingency, that if the kings will can not be enacted for some reason, the council elects the new king.

It worked out GREAT for Caesar. Besides the being assassinated thing which was unrelated. Augustus was NOT Caesar's biological son.

now, it didn't work for Augustus, because he was too controlling and autistic

Tiberius wasn't the best emperor but the empire didn't collapse under his reign or anything so I think it very much worked out.

What happens when he's an asshole to that daughter.

Also your countries system can't afford a standing army, and has to rely on Lords who have to remain loyal.

>The Emperor is not simply a head of one family, he is the head of every family he rules over, and must consider what is best for all of them.
Why? Don't these families already have patriarchs? A Emperor is merely someone the average Joe fear so much that they're willing to do what the Emperor says.

>The Dynasty might end, but your works and your empire shall live on.
Who cares? It'll not have my blood.

>Virtue has no meaning if it's not your blood

I'm not going to make my subjects suffer the rule of a mad idiot just because that idiot happened to grow from my seed.

Hmm, I hire the empire's most competent, loyal, and strict drill sergeants, tutors, and nurses to spend the next five years whipping the boy into shape, at any cost so long as he's physically and mentally functional by the time he's of age.

Nothing works out "in the end", but it was good while it lasted.

>A system where only one guy knows the heir
>And it doesn't get announced until after he's dead

Just asking to get fucked over senpai.

Naturally, I'd take precautions to prevent such an outcome. Such as hiring a mage I trust.

My most trusted friend would be in on the deal. If my son (me) doesn't give him a passphrase after the spell then he'll know it didn't go as planned and take action.

Studying magic in reign 2 so I can cast the spell myself would be a priority.

Joffery only turned out so shit because his dad was a bad example. If you weren't a bad father, your son wouldn't be such a shitter

Molest him. That'll take him down a few pegs.

>Not having a mage disguise so you can freely fuck another heir into existence.

Be sure to stick an enchantment on some sword and stick it in a rock so they can prove he's legitimate and you're good to go.

Having dipshit son on throne is 100% GARUNTEE for shit to go wrong.

Having the relevant information sealed away safe until after death is only possible to go wrong.

...so the sneakiest forger gets to be the next emperor?

*disguise you

When the king dies the queen should rule. #it'sHERturn

>all those fags advocating for non-hereditary monarchy
Enjoy your unstable shithole and your civil wars

>Abolish the concept of hereditary monarchy. Establish a system where the Emperor has to have a number of successors named secretly.
>Emperor picks son

Wow, good abolishment.

this was actually fairly common if a suitable male heir was not of age/available, queen would rule as Regent until one was found

obviously market to the lords beforehand all the filthy loot and glory that comes with being an imperialist warmonger

allow the more militarist lords to start bullying the more softer ones, they'll probably overthrow your ass but if he's a little shit then it's probably for the best.

Actually, in the books he mentions that if Joffrey wasn't retarded, he would have left Westeros to drink,whore and fight in Essos.

Well, it is a fantasy setting. Maybe parenting does matter there.

It's a lot better and more legitimate than having a rabid child or corrupt regent running the place.

Besides, the queen likely knows something about ruling by the time of her husband's death. Also

>Know your son is a loose cannon
>Do nothing about it
Robert did everything wrong.

do absolutely nothing because what the fuck do i care , i'm dead anyway, he's still my son and history will remember me as an even better ruler because of the contrast regardless
t: marcus aurelius

Bad news your highness, the crown prince has killed the regent. With a fire poker. In the eastern gallery.

This. Robert was a fuck-up. Part of the reason was his waifu dying, but still.

Do i have a daughter? If so, institute a policy of opposite gender succession.

Why should he care? He gets to live a good life full of wenches, wine and boars by the time the repercussions would be felt he would already be dead.

He was like a dog who finally caught the car. He liked to smash Targ shits and fuck whores, not be a politician.

That only works if the daughter is older. Will probably ruffle some feathers regardless.
This is actually a huge plot point in AFFC, where the dornish decide to crown Myrcella as a queen. Their excuse for a rebellion is that Myrcella is older, so she is the rightful queen of Westeros by dornish law.

Dorn always feels like such a waste, Martin gave us shitty fire magic instead of Dornish water spells and bullshit like that, the show especially just shows them as "lol random arabic people or something".

>That only works if the daughter is older. Will probably ruffle some feathers regardless

I mean specifically declare that the heir is the first born of the opposite gender of the current reigning monarch, as this is the eugenically ideal process.

It doubles as a way to deal with the derpy kid and as a good general policy to institute.

I actually agree with you here. The only reason Dorne even has a storyline in the books is purely so there'll be more enemies for Daenerys to fight when she finally gets around to invading.
Also, Doran Martell is an overrated fag.

>Not inseminating the female mage
I never get all those old stories where the Kingdom falls to a wicked witch.
Just marry-fuck the witch, boom, her interests now align with yours and you not only have a powerful magic caster on the team but you can grip her giant horns while getting king blowjobs.

>Set a precedent that the throne is open game to anyone who deems themselves "virtuous" enough.
Oh boy, I'm sure this will end well. You put your idiot son on the throne and tell him to do whatever his advisor says and have a LOT of children.

the dornish are on dany's side

That post did not include "tell everyone you did this"

>Implying a sister comes before the son

The members of the royal family are generally well known. People know when your ne'er-do-well prince goes missing and this random other guy shows up claiming to be your son.

I publicly disown and exile him and father another child. If worse comes to worse I hand it to the child of my younger brother, or to my brother himself.

Despots and the incompetent are not tolerated and will sent across the sea to rot with savages.

In his defense, he didnt expected to die so suddenly. Who knows how things would go if he lived to see both Tommem and Joffrey as adults? He didnt loved Joffrey as a son. That is pretty much confirmed.

Gosh you're dumb.

Also, to be fair I'm pretty sure it's mentioned he tried to teach him right but hia batshit crazy wife wouldn't allow him to punish him and whatnot so really it's Cersei's fault.

It's mentioned that Cersei raised primarily Joffrey and paid little attention to other children.
By a pure coincidence, Joffrey is the only batshit crazy and evil one.

If I were Emperor I would have made a contingency for this exact scenario long ago via mistresses. Any who had given me a son would receive a private tutor and been present at court--from time to time. (Can't have my regulars at court snooping around the irregulars). I would also accept 3 daughters, but no more. If everything went as planned, I would have 5-7 alternative sons to choose from at any given point in time, along with a few daughters. If my recognized son was a lost cause then I would simply have something unfortunate happen to him and reinstate 1 son and 1 daughter (2, if they were truly exceptional) to be my heirs. I'd marry the girl(s) into families that were not inept (and perhaps teetering on supporting me or not) to form an alliance. Those families would need to be considerably strong in their influence, too. No Stark-types, no Bolton-types; Lannister and Dornish-types. I would leave the rest to my newly imposed heir, give my well-wishing to my daughter, and before doing any of that, I would have all of my other bastards and their mothers QUIETLY killed off.

Dirty business, but the deeds and the names live on. If, in the time I take to reflect upon my rule in my advanced age, I had recognized that I was a truly poor ruler then I would probably just have my worthless son exiled and choose a non-blood-related successor. It would be the one thing I have done right.

IIRC this was because she believed Joffery was actually her and her brothers son, correct?

Yeah, because she spoiled and coddled him far more than the others and didn't deal with his early pyschopathic tendencies.

>People know when your ne'er-do-well prince goes missing and this random other guy shows up claiming to be your son.

Man, you're bad at this.

The little boot doens't go missing, he has an accident. No room for speculation about what has happened or where he might be, there he is, dead a as doornail. Missed by nobody. Then because you need a heir you adopt someone. No attempts made to make people think he's your biological son or anything, just "I need a heir, and so it'll be that guy". Open and honest. Pick someone who's reasonably well liked and respected while you're at it.

All her children are not Robert's, but Jaime's, and she knew it perfectly well. She just loved Joffrey because he was the oldest one.

>No Stark-types

What? The Starks were an ideal family until, y'know, their patriarch was beheaded by a shrieking 12 year old shitflinger and their home invaded

Oh, I left out that I would have rumors spread that I had other children as well, but kept them away from court life.

Seeking eternal life in undeath. The long-term plan is not to rule forever, but to create environment for a hero worth yof the throne to arise against the tyranny of dead ruler.

Why not keep a few other bastards alive in case your current one gets killed?

Maybe it's only from the show, but Joffers seemed to be getting back on the straight and narrow after Margery came into the picture. She was smart and competent enough to manipulate his flaws while still steering him towards being a good ruler.

So that seems like a viable option, if I can't trust and rely on my son then I'll trust and rely on a clever and capable woman to be his wife and queen.

The Starks are plainly unfit to be at the helm of an empire, or near its seat of power. Honorable, courageous, and possessing the utmost integrity, but unwilling to do what is necessary it times of adversity. Eddard Stark proved that when he did not sit upon the throne after sacking the Red Keep.

>Maybe it's only from the show, but Joffers seemed to be getting back on the straight and narrow after Margery came into the picture
If the marriage was so effective, Margaery wouldn't kill him. Well, her and her mother.

In the show Margery had no hand in it and was genuinely upset that Joffers died. Maybe not so much upset at losing him, but upset over lost investment.

Because the possibility of one of my mistresses coming forth with evidence (see: a properly and courtly-educated child) that their son is a true contender for the throne would be more damaging than someone assassinating my newly chosen heir and one of my daughters giving birth to a son to eventually replace him.

If we're discussing pic related, I obviously call for his maternal grandfather (or granduncle) to act as regent, and I force his mother as out of the loop as I can make her.

I then make sure my best friend and younger brother don't come up with any cooky ideas about what's right, as my legacy is on the line.

Well there was also the whole "shit, I've outlived everyone I wanted to be an heir" like Louis XIV ran into.

Then you are a fool and what you have built deserves to crumble. You do not understand what it is to rule, clearly. I am having a difficult time imagining you to be a ruler of anything, truly.

I'd be very busy trying to make more sons by marrying lots of women. At the same time, if the mores of the society allowed it.

Send him to fight battle after battle

Nah, the Starks are just fine. Don't be fooled by Ned's honorable antics. He was educated in the Vale. All his "muh honor" traits are characteristics of the House Arryn, not the Starks. Real starks are much more vicious and wolfish.

Kill him and his friends and supporters and start fucking unrelated women.My balls will produce good sperm until the day i die,i don't need to bear a shitstain.

However cruel it sounds, why haven't I got a non-shit son? Like how is the queen only fertile enough for one son?

>Honor is ba-

Ned's not the first Stark to refuse the Throne. Eddard wasn't nearly as blinded by honor as he's been flanderized by fans to have been. Robb was an idiot who thought honor was everything, but Ned simply wanted to do what was right, and he thought he had the power to do so (much like his ancestor before him, who took to the throne, sat upon it, ordered the deaths of half the kingdom, and then went back north).

>When you were intriguing
>I studied The Goblet

>When you were mustering troops
>I mastered The Chug and Fug

>While you wasted your days at court in pursuit of power
>I cultivated Belly Fat

>And now that Westeros is on fire and the boarbarians are at the gate you have the audacity to expect me to be able to help?

Kek'd

Haha no, this is the dumbest plan I've heard. You'll just mire your realm in a series of pretenders fighting a civil war against the heir currently holding the throne.

Give him a katana and tell him to live out his edgy murder fantasies until he's killed or becomes God or something.

What a fucking soyboy. I make preparations for my death, installing some sort of republic where the warrior-nobility reigns but the plebs have some kind of say. I also turn my will into a constitution. All I have to do now is avoid dying early because some nobles can't wait to get their power. Or maybe I become the first consul and then retire after my term is up, whatever.

There's no way I'm letting an effeminate soyboy in charge of muh empire.

>Le Grand Condé died
I cry every fucking time.

>wonder how I got so many daughters
>wonder why my son is a human and not a dragon or at least a dragonborn
>remember what i forgot in Tijuana
>remember i'm ageless
>continue sleeping on a mountain of gold

>All this Joffrey hate
Redditors leave.

youtu.be/OUePZZDLPrE