Yu-Gi-Oh! Custom Card General - /cac/

First for CAC Overlord Marzipoo edition

Build competitive or casual CAC!

>Card-making resources
magicseteditor.sourceforge.net/
tcgeditor.com/download.html
yugiohcardmaker.net/

>For mobile users
itunes.apple.com/us/app/card-creator-for-yugioh/id474115671?mt=8 (iOS)
play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.zerochee.yugiohcard (Android)

Also, most importantly, if you just want to add cards via greentext or regular text, you need not use any physical card making website or program. It's up to you.

>Next-level CACing
Add a custom card to YGOPRO, tutorial here (note: this is for Percy)
youtube.com/watch?v=aKlblDQ4_bQ

● YGOPro is an automated simulator. There is NO ETA for Links on Percy.
>YGOPro (Windows): mediafire.com/file/nlcz47swc8bl4af/ygopro-1.033.D-Percy.exe
>YGOPro (Mac): mediafire.com/file/6vvclua195urlb9/ygopro-1.033.D-Percy.dmg
>YGOPro (Linux): github.com/cromerc/ygopro
>High Quality YGOPro Images: mega.nz/#F!v9Q2HRLQ!uml9auMK9hu8m9gwdyMufA
● G2pro is also an automated simulator that currently has Links. You will have to download images separately, and will have to re-download for updates.
>G2pro (Windows): mediafire.com/file/dvzkn3ya9bs4fmy/g2pro.zip
>Image folder (contains CAC) mediafire.com/file/b85jlyfssbyna4m/images.zip

Upcoming Sets:
●CCG: Link VRAINS Pack 2 (August 25, 2018)
●CCG: Link VRAINS Special Edition Box (November 24, 2018)

Feel free to add more if you get the chance to make the new OP, or just suggest them down below.

Other urls found in this thread:

yugioh.wikia.com/wiki/Number
pastebin.com/jyZrfwUj
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

I know this is a meme shitpost thread, but I can program whatever you'd like into Percy or g2pro or whatever the current client of the month is.
Programming is fun.

This is not a shitpost thread. There is potential for shitposting, but this is for people who want to post CAC that is actually critiqued and improved. Thanks for the offer. I'll keep it in mind for the next OP.

MTG has its own CAC thread, so YGO should have its own as well

First off, I like that card. I think DARK and/or Fiend requirements may be a little too easy though. I'd limit it to one or the other. Being able to summon any fiend from the grave ignoring summoning conditions could be a little crazy too. Either add another cost to its second effect or remove the "ignore summoning conditions" part to make it balanced.

That'd work out better if Yugioh cards weren't almost entirely dependent on archetypes. Someone would have to design the lot of them to give any context enough for anyone to critique one of them.

Second, you don't have half as many balancing factors for Yugioh cards as you do Magic. Someone can't really say "I think this should cost a bit more mana" or "I don't think this should be a White card". Again, cards mostly end up being balanced by interactions between other cards through an archetype.

Additionally, it's actually kind of laughable to say "balanced" in the context of Yugioh, since the "balancing" factor are "How can we make it so people buy the new set?" and "We're going to need to restrict this to 2 copies next banlist". Power creep is not only the name of the game, it's the cornerstone on which it was designed.

>That'd work out better if Yugioh cards weren't almost entirely dependent on archetypes.
There are hundreds of generic non-archtype cards, or small series of 2-3 cards that exist. You can also simply design support for an existing archtype, either directly or indirectly. Look at OP's image for a perfect example of all of this.

>Second, you don't have half as many balancing factors for Yugioh cards as you do Magic.
Except that's not true. There are plenty of standards and precedents already in place.
For example, looking at OP's card, you can say that it has too much ATK since all Link-2s are in the 1400-2000 range. You can compare its effect to cards like the other Attribute Links, or Cherubini/Perpetual King Archfiend which have near-identical niches or summoning conditions, to argue that this card is too strong for its Link level. There ARE metrics.

>Additionally, it's actually kind of laughable to say "balanced" in the context of Yugioh
This part of your post is a shitpost.

>There are hundreds of generic non-archtype cards, or small series of 2-3 cards that exist. You can also simply design support for an existing archtype, either directly or indirectly. Look at OP's image for a perfect example of all of this.
Which is a big constraint on design just from the onset.

>Except that's not true. There are plenty of standards and precedents already in place.
Like I said, "plenty" though you may think there are, there still aren't half as many as a Magic card. It's a much, much narrower development space.

>This part of your post is a shitpost.
Not in the slightest. Are you going to pretend that Yugioh's form of "rotation" isn't just banning things and invalidating older cards by printing stronger and stronger stuff? It's a complete shitshow and has been for over a decade.

>Which is a big constraint on design just from the onset.
Can you explain how? Yugioh CAC is by no means a new concept.

>Like I said, "plenty" though you may think there are, there still aren't half as many as a Magic card. It's a much, much narrower development space.
There are enough to say the analogues of "I think this should cost a bit more mana" or "I don't think this should be a White card".

Really, what do you think the analysis of a card like OP's would be? That no one would be able to figure out if it's strong or bad?

>Not in the slightest. Are you going to pretend that Yugioh's form of "rotation" isn't just banning things and invalidating older cards by printing stronger and stronger stuff? It's a complete shitshow and has been for over a decade.
That's not an inherent problem of Yugioh's mechanics as a game, that's a result of the publisher's decision-making.
Since this is a CAC thread, all of that is supremely irrelevant.

And at absolute worse, that gives direct motivation FOR CAC. Archtypes and concepts that either never received enough support or were creeped out can receive CAC that allows them to compete with the modern meta. OP's image is again a great example of this, Konami themselves do this all the time.

>Can you explain how?
It means you're either restricted to certain subsets of design, a much thinner slice of the whole considering the majority of Yugioh cards tend toward archetypes, or you're required to outline the skeleton of your archetype before any card in it can be properly evaluated.

>There are enough to say the analogues of "I think this should cost a bit more mana" or "I don't think this should be a White card".
Is that so? The example you gave previous was just about the ATK, which is analogous to p/t. The closest Yugioh gets to "colors" is attributes, but the problem there is that any deck can splash any attribute or type insofar as it's needed without any real trouble.

>That's not an inherent problem of Yugioh's mechanics as a game, that's a result of the publisher's decision-making.
>Since this is a CAC thread, all of that is supremely irrelevant.
I disagree. The publisher's considerations of "balance" are a fundamental aspect of card evaluation, because there's no other direct standard to measure them by. Someone could design something that seems obscenely broken compared to recent cards and just point to all the times Konami themselves did exactly the same thing as justification. It means the acceptable power level is much harder to gauge and debate.

I don't really think either one of you are going to convince the other, so this is just going to end up being a bunch of intellectual posturing. Might as well let the thread argue for itself. See if anyone actually feels like making custom Yugioh cards and if anyone else feels like bothering to react to them, positively or negatively.

>It means you're either restricted to certain subsets of design, a much thinner slice of the whole considering the majority of Yugioh cards tend toward archetypes, or you're required to outline the skeleton of your archetype before any card in it can be properly evaluated.
It means you're either designing a full set of cards, a relatively generic single card, or a single card that's support for an existing archtype, type, attribute, mechanic, or concept, either directly or indirectly. Again, look at OP's image; it's support for Infernities, Infernoids, and any DARK/Fiend deck with an effect that can benefit a slew of archtypes including ones not listed. How is that restrictive?

>Is that so?
I can give a full analysis of the card if you'd like, but it would take more than this post combined with your reply would allow.

>Someone could design something that seems obscenely broken compared to recent cards and just point to all the times Konami themselves did exactly the same thing as justification. It means the acceptable power level is much harder to gauge and debate.
That's absolutely absurd.

Magic has creep too, but CAC sticks to the curve hard and whenever it doesn't, there's genuine discourse as to why. Someone just saying
>ye but Komoney did it 1st lel XD
would instantly be called out as a shitpost.

>batmed
Not a good start

To be honest, I'm not invested enough in this to give enough of a shit to keep debating. I think it's self-evident that it's probably just going to die a quiet death, so is right.

Fuck it, best of luck to you, but really, honestly fuck it.

Links ruined this game

You ruined the game

Hell, I'll put myself out on the table if it means CaC gets posted.

My take on fixing Neos. Tried to figure out a way to incorporate virtually all the Neos cards while addressing the common weaknesses of the Deck.

No. Elemental Heroes -> onward ruined this game.

yugioh.wikia.com/wiki/Number
>Usually, "Numbers" are blank cards that take the form of something that whoever finds them desires the most, design themselves to fit their original owner's Decks and keep that form forever
Tell me Veeky Forums what will your number be like? It can be a type beside XYZ

What program do you use for yugioh ?

What do you mean?

Probably a fiend or machine pendulum monster that can alter its scale to fit what's needed.
Also, searching.

What do you think will be the next type of summoning?
I had the idea for Relay summoning
>Requires monsters of levels that continue from the Relay monster to form a sequence
>A level 4 relay monster that requires two materials
>Can have a level 2 and 3, a level 3 and 5 or a level 5 and 6
>When summoned you rotate the materials 180 degrees, these materials are "Out of Phase"
>"Out of Phase" monsters aren't technically on the field, so can't attack, be attack, activate or be affected by card effects
>Basically they lock up a space
>Once per turn you can phase out a monster, usually done to activate a Relay monster's effect
>When a relay monster is destroyed, all its materials are special summoned back.

Right now, most people use g2pro. You can only download it from a discord.
Before, everyone used YGOPro aka Percy, but it hasn't been updated for Links yet and won't for another few weeks at the minimum.

If you hate yourself and want a browser-based non-automatic client, use duelingbook.

Is g2pro chink pro or YGOPRO 2?

Neither, but it shares a server with ygopro2.

wow this thread is JUST RIGHT for this: pastebin.com/jyZrfwUj

Aw man, that's pretty cool! You took a whole different approach to mine, AND put together the archetype crosses in there, too.

Something to defeat the big enemy! I want to be a /m/an, and DESTROY the opponent's PUNY cards with GIANT ROBOTS.

"Chinkpro" is the Chinese YGOPRO 233 which the Facebook group Duelist Kingdom downloads and converts to English only every month or so. It's always out of date and filled with malware but it used to be the only Link Summon/MR5 compatible client.

YGOPRO2 and G2PRO are both open source projects by the same team and release new cards and other updates on Github and Discord daily. YGOPRO2 uses a new unity engine which is missing a lot of key features like selecting effect activation orders while G2PRO uses the standard YGOPRO engine and is /dng/s preferred simulator.

It's a bit of a shit time to get into Yugioh because of the sim situation. The old sim everyone used would update automatically and was all round fantastic but hasn't been updated for the new field and summoning mechanic. Now you have to update all these beta sims manually while we wait for YGOPRO Percy to return.

Leaked straight from Link VRAINS Pack 2:
>LVP2-JP061
>Number i: Utopia Reality
>LINK-2 LIGHT Warrior Link Effect Monster
>ATK 2300 Arrows: BL BR
>Materials: 2 Level 4 monsters
>Effect to be revealed in next month's V JUMP!!

i did it

I refuse to even address that jumbled pile of letters you call a pastebin until you organize your cards.

I booted up my old percy and it crashes after 5 seconds
Do I have to install everything again?Where I can download Percy?

>Where I can download Percy?
ygopro discord, found on the site

>Cyber Angel Krishna
>ATK 1800 LINK-2 BL BR
LIGHT Machine Link Effect Monster
>Materials: 2 Effect Monsters, including >1+ Ritual Monsters
>(1) When this card is Link Summoned: Banish face-down 5 Ritual Monsters from your Hand, Deck, or GY.
>(2) Target 1 banished Ritual Monster: Special Summon it to a Zone this card points to by Tributing 1+ monster in your Hand or field whose total Levels equal the target's Level (this Special Summon is treated as a Ritual Summon).
>(3) If this card would be destroyed by battle or card effect (Quick Effect): You can banish 1 "Cyber Angel" Ritual Monster in a Zone this card points to instead.
>You can only use the (2) and (3) effects of this card's name once per turn.

>Stardust Synchron
>WIND Machine Link Effect Monster
>ATK 1500 LINK-2 BL BR
>1 Tuner + 1+ non-Tuner monster
>(1) If your opponent activates a card that would destroy 1 or more cards you control (Quick Effect): You can banish this card; negate their destruction, and if you do, banish that card. Return this card to the field during the End Phase of that turn.
>(2) If a monster is Synchro Summoned to a Zone this card points to: Draw 1 card.
>(3) Once per turn: Add 1 “Synchron” monster from your Deck or GY to your hand.

>Performapal Link Sorceress
>DARK Spellcaster Link Effect Monster
ATK 2100 LINK-2 BL BR
>2 "Performapal" and/or Spellcaster monsters
>(1) If this card is Special Summoned: Add 1 “Performapal” or “Magician” Pendulum Monster from your Deck, GY, or face up in your Extra Deck to your Hand.
>(2) If an effect is activated that would target or destroy a Pendulum Monster you control: Negate that effect, then add 1 “Performapal” or “Magician” Pendulum Monster from your Deck, GY, or face up in your Extra Deck to your Hand.
>(3) If this card is destroyed by battle or card effect: Add 1 “Performapal” or “Magician” Pendulum Monster from your Deck, GY, or face up in your Extra Deck to your Hand.
>You can only use each effect once per turn