Be fighter

>be fighter
>use my superior strength to lead the charge into battle and swing around heavy powerful weapons while wearing an absolutely safe protective layer of heavy armor
>makes sense, manlets and lanklets cant compete

>be wizard
>rely on my superior intellect to bend the laws of the universe over my knee
>its all so clear to me

>be bard
>use my superior charisma to charm and entertain the masses, bolster my allies and be the most swag playboy around
>makes sense, someone's gotta be the face, might as well be a pretty one

>be cleric
>use my superior wisdom and common sense to pray to the gods for help all the time
>gods
>common sense

Why is this allowed?

Other urls found in this thread:

boards.fireden.net/tg/search/text/cleric wisdom|wis "common sense"/type/op/
boards.fireden.net/tg/thread/55087207/#55087207
boards.fireden.net/tg/thread/52952805/#52952805
boards.fireden.net/tg/thread/52667971/#52667971
boards.fireden.net/tg/thread/52539864/#52539864
boards.fireden.net/tg/thread/51946064/#51946064
boards.fireden.net/tg/thread/51042212/#51042212
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

Because gods actually exist in the setting you fucking moron

>Because gods actually exist in the setting you fucking moron

Oh yeah? i have yet to see any legimitate proof of that. way to sperg out on the internet asshole

Because Zarus will turn you into a PEAK HUMAN with EVERYTHING
>other species hate him!
>worship Zarus to find out why!
How is that not common sense?

But in most fantasy settings, the Gods actually do exist. If you go to a priest, he can actually heal you by invoking the power of his deity. Heaven and Hell are real places.

It's like, it's one thing to deny the Gods. It's another to claim they don't exist, when the Cleric is calling down lightning bolts and getting all Old Testament in this shit. That would be like going "No, gravity doesn't exist."

I'm not talking about "HIGH FANTASY!" you fucking autistic piece of shit, this is d20 modern. Why the flipping flying fuck do priests exist in it.

Maybe you shoulda fucking said that in the OP, dumbass.

Wall of Faithless the best thing ever

Maybe you shouldnt be implying/assuming shit instead of reading the goddamn OP, dumbass

shit dm.

Paganism? Voodoo shit? A brilliant cover story?
Who knows.

Nice damage control bruh, d20 modern doesn't have those classes.

Because the book literally says they exist, retard

If it's d20 modern, why is the Fighter wearing armor? Shouldn't he be using an AK-47 and wearing a flak vest?

Its called homebrew, you 10 iq dumbass. next time think carefully before you open your mouth and embarras yourself throwing paper-thin arguments at someone with twice your iq.

>fucks up OP
>blames other people

Christ you are a manlet

>flak vest
>not armor
Stupid idiot. Also have you ever held or shot a gun? theyre heavy. Fuck off and lurk more newfag.

>a book says god is real
ok. well harry potter says magic is real, that must be true, right?

I'm 5'11'' and 1/3, that is not manlet. Fuck off.

If it's homebrew then you know exactly why the cleric gets power from gods.

Let's humor you for a moment, even if this is an obvious and not well executed troll.

You open a thread complaining about something that happens in your homebrew based on a lesser-known and not very liked game. One obvious thing to ask would be why you homebrewed in clerics only to complain about their existence, but it really can be summed up in one sentence:

Depends on the setting.

>you should automatically know stuff the dm hasn't explained
You're an idiot. Common sense says it shouldnt exist. It would be STUPID for it to exist.

I hate this fucking board

Wait, you don't see how a roleplaying book and a Harry Potter book are different in terms of describing your setting?

and there you go ASSUMING shit again. If you would have read you'd know I am not the DM. But nope, you're some fucking 13 year old redditor hanging out on "THIS EDGY SECRET WEBSITE" trying to be cool shitting up threads because youve got nothing left in your life. Fuck off.

Mega Manlet

>calling the bible a roleplaying book
Ow the edge

I love this funny board

ok bitch, how tall are you?

>I'm 5' 11"

On the internet, manlets can pretend to be whatever they want to be.

Wisdom isn't just common sense. Wisdom is also an attunement to the universe. In a setting where divine powers exist, but it isn't obvious, it goes beyond common sense. You just know it and you can't explain why, even if common sense goes against what you know.

Are you a lightning-proof golem?
If not, you're going to have a bad time

>I have a DM but lemme ask Veeky Forums instead

Fucking retarded

Not true.

>intelligence is knowing how to grow tomatoes
>wisdom is knowing tomatoes are vegetables
>charisma is knowing how to sell it as a fruit

The Night is fucking cancer my dude, get that shitty book/setting outta here.
>hurr humans are hiding in a pyrmaid and all they have is discs as weapons
How garbage. guns would work so much better. but then again the night is just a bunch of mary sue monsters so whatever its stlil shit.

boards.fireden.net/tg/search/text/cleric wisdom|wis "common sense"/type/op/

boards.fireden.net/tg/thread/55087207/#55087207
boards.fireden.net/tg/thread/52952805/#52952805
boards.fireden.net/tg/thread/52667971/#52667971
boards.fireden.net/tg/thread/52539864/#52539864
boards.fireden.net/tg/thread/51946064/#51946064
boards.fireden.net/tg/thread/51042212/#51042212

GET NEWER BAIT.

If Priests are uncommon in this setting, does that mean this form of common sense is uncommon sense?

OP says cleric. Who the fuck are you?

>He doesn't know

>gee user you should go and talk to your DM so he can make things harder out of spite for you wanting to study and know how to overcome things.

???

I know you're a fucking retarded hillbilly who has been taking the blue pill for years because thats what you grew up with in the "deep south". Literally toxic mindset where they alienate all other people who don't believe the same fantasy bullshit that they do.

Now you're trying too hard, clown.

Why would being smart allow you to "bend the laws of the universe"
This is bullshit.

Are priests common or not?
If common, it's common sense. If uncommon, it's uncommon sense.

A raven has a Wisdom of 14. A commoner academic specialized in the knowledge and categorization of tomatoes has a Wisdom of 10. Does a raven know or care if a tomato is a vegetable?

>gets his ass kicked online
>"T-TRYHARD"
go back to overwatch loser lmao

Wizards understand the fundamantals of the universe which allow them to manipulate complex carbohydrates like hydrogen and oxygen to produce a jet of flame from two flammable and very much so dangerous gasses. The hindenburg was a good example of this, while hydrogen lets man create powerful flying artifacts it is also a very dangerous and potentially fatal substance when its burning.

dude theres like churches everywhere. whats your point

>DM making things harder out of spite

Retard, you have a shit DM. Get a better one.

Commoner has bonuses because he's specialized, the raven has penalties because it cannot speak so there's no realistic way it could know what those things are.

easy for you to say, do you realize how hard it is to find people that play pathfinder in the bible belt?

>5'11" and 1/3rd
You could be 8'2" and 1/2, if you say the fractions of an inch, you're a manlet.

Fuck you. Your word is not law here you four foot sack of shit. I didnt even know they stacked bags of shit that high.

It's no fun when the troll just stops engaging in your argument to go on rants. I expect that from Facebook, not /v/ermin

YOu have no argument you fool.
>facebook
I think you need to go back
also what the fuck is /v/ermin,,?

You are on the fucking internet. Use it.

>I'm 5'11'' and 1/3, that is not manlet.

>I'm not /v/ermin

Yeah this troll got boring. Try again in a month.

And what? play roll20? That is DISGUSTING.

Cansonically dwarves are what? three feet at best?

Religious communism is my point.
If the masses believe in gods, then it becomes the norm, or classified as common sense.
Add punishment for anything that could be deemed as 'heretical actions' and well... anything else gets removed.

*Religious utilitarianism

>you're not appealing to my autistic fetish!
>b-BORING!!! *shits himself*
Nothing of value lost, scrub. Begone thot.

So you're saying religion is a disease that infects the minds of noble and honorable men, corrupting them and twisting their souls of out desperation and fear of an apparition that only exists within their heads?

Okay, but even some commoners would know that a tomato is a vegetable. I'm trying to say that the categorization of tomatoes is academic knowledge that goes under Intelligence. If you look at the monster manual, many animals and mindless constructs and undead, things that neither know nor care about what you might think Wisdom is, have middling to high Wisdom but comparatively much lower Intelligence and Charisma.

>Be warlock
>make a deal that damned and curse your descendent for all eternity
>virgin for life

Exactly. Wisdom is a fucking stupid stat and needs to be taken out. If they want to have something for religious classes they should have called it Faith and not Wisdom, because faith lets you believe whatever the fuck you want while wisdom implies heavily that believing in nonsense is perfectly fine.

I'm saying it then becomes common sense, if it wasn't common sense before.

That's just stupid then.
>guys did you know the earth is flat?
>*boat sails across the curvature of the earth*
>its totally flat guys!

I love how none of you can prove me wrong on this. D&D is a fucking mistake and this thread should be apparent why other systems are better than that tried, trite and incontinent system.

Obviously not that stupid, or else it wouldn't become common sense.

If something can be PROVEN false that doesn't mean that common sense suddenly makes it right. If that was the case, the "im with her" meme would have gotten hillary elected because it was parroted around everywhere and millions of people were sucking her cock.

What went wrong?

From (You):

>wisdom is knowing tomatoes are vegetables

From wikpedia:

>Wisdom or sapience is the ability to think and act using knowledge, experience, understanding, common sense, and insight.[1] There appears to be consensus that wisdom is associated with attributes such as compassion, experiential self-knowledge, non-attachment and virtues such as ethics and benevolence.

From AD&D:

>Wisdom describes a composite of the character's enlightenment, judgment, guile, willpower, common sense, and intuition.

From D&D 3.5E:

>Wisdom describes a character’s willpower, common sense, perception, and intuition. While Intelligence represents one’s ability to analyze information, Wisdom represents being in tune with and aware of one’s surroundings.

From D&D 4E:

>Wisdom (Wis) measures your common sense, perception, self-discipline, and empathy. You use your Wisdom score to notice details, sense danger, and get a read on other people.

From D&D 5E:

>Wisdom reflects how attuned you are to the world around you and represents perceptiveness and intuition.

You gotta explain this one to me.

>The Night

That's Discworld.

Its inexplicable. If you'd read the thread I have already proven why the stat needs to be taken out. The entire things a fucking sham and its probably some neo-judean christian self insert shit by religious nutjobs who were trying to "save them children from the devils game" by making them think its cool to believe in jesus or some shit.

doesnt change the fact that it still sucks

In nearly every D&D setting, you can literally go meet the gods, or have the gods meet you.
Bahamut often wanders the roads of mortals, as an old man accompanied by 7 dancing canaries. (The canaries are his Ancient Great Wyrm Gold Dragon Paladin bodyguards.)

In Forgotten Realms, the gods were literally cast to the material plane in the Time of Troubles. In Planescape, you can visit the gods yourself with a simple Plane Shift or by finding the right portal in Sigil. On Oerth it is common to see Fharlanghn striding from one town to another, he makes a circuit of the whole planet every week or so.

There are plenty of games that have written mechanics on how the setting's deities work. D&D has a book with their statblocks, you fedora-tipping retard.

I will now preemptively accuse you of moving the goalposts when you try to invalidate my point for referencing D&D.

I will also call you a retarded faggot in advance for mentioning whatever the fuck "reddit spacing" is in an attempt to derail the argument.

Also, even though this is obviously all just some retarded meta-ironic-shitposting "lel i was just pretending to be retarded" thread, you're still a mouth-breathing drooling moron.

holy FUCK i love shitposting

Common sense was replaced with common 'sense'
The guy who tried to prove the earth was round? He was burned at the stake for refusing to recant his facts.

What you say is reasonable in a setting closer to the religious ambiguity of real life. However, Wisdom makes sense in the context of a setting where faith is a fundamental part of the physics of the multiverse.

I've never heard about the night, so I can't comment.

As for religion being based on wisdom, it's a fantasy setting. Gods are very much present, and regularly make themselves known, unlike real life. Clerics, being most attuned to the natural world, are most attuned to the Gods that embody aspects of it.

>gods are worthless and got thrown out to the material plane where they wound up starting shit and ruining a perfectly good planet
And people worship them..... ..why?

we're playing d&d Modern.
Your argument is invalid.

ignorance is bliss and stupid people will refuse to seek change. funny, this board is the same way sometimes.....

>he brings physics into his games
I bet you let your 10 int fighter make gunpowder too dont you.

Faggot.

I don't even know what the fuck is going on in this thread. Who's trolling who? Cats and dogs living together. I don't even know what's true anymore.

>i can-t fucking read: the post
MODERN. LEARN TO FUCKING READ BEFORE YOU SHITPOST

>D&D Modern

Then maybe it's not gods. Come up with some other explanation. Being able to sense leylines, manipulate the gestalt conciousness of humanity, etc.

Well now, that's my bad. Apologies for missing that post, user.
I think we're all just blowing off steam, at this point.

>wizard
>fighter
>bard
>cleric
>isnt even specifying a game
>nuh uh ur dumb cuz we r playing d20modern

So like I said, retard.

I'm not the DM. Read the thread for a change and you'd know this, christ almighty why the fuck do i have to spoonfeed everyone.

>y-youre not playing 3.5
>I HATE YOU!
Go to your room.

I agree that the abilities are misnomers if everyone insists real life definitions. However, abilities in the context of D&D we use the definitions provided by D&D. Otherwise when you tell me in Polish that you want to have a conversation in Russian, everyone is confused when you start intermixing Chinese.

>And people worship them..... ..why?
If you mean in Faerun?
Because the only other option is to get jammed into the Wall of the Faithless. Myrkul doesn't take shit from mortals.

I wasn't saying you were the DM. I was just proposing an alternative explanation for Cleric powers than Gods.

A high fantasy setting where all the gods are just wizards being dicks with high level illusion spells would actually be pretty cool.

*tips fedora*

>still missing the point
Well then congrats, buddy boy. You win the argument against a stranger on the internet.

Try not to shit yourself when your DM doesn't pander to your fedora-flipping fantasies.

>this stale ass bait
>still getting bites
God bless you OP

the fuck are you talking about, this is a thread about d&d modern 20, not about CDPR and the witcher series.

myrkul sounds like a fucking special snowflake. thank god that shit game series is dying out, 5e did a better job of being D&D than D&D ever did.

i cant self insert your fantasy into my universe, user. Sorry!

it would certainly explain a lot.......

you dont have a point, you just have autism

And anyone who tries to enlighten others TASTES THE PAIN

It's a slow day. Might as well take a nibble.

nigel thornberry is pretty badass haha

thank you for spoilering that.

D&D could have been a perfect game if it didn't hamfist the notion of religion down your throat.

Like, maybe I just want to be a guy who fights monsters and stuff, not have to listen to Tymora squeal all day about her sisters and then get mad when I don't fucking care.

I don't know why they felt the need to give religions such a powerful role, they should have left it as cult activity and been done with it there.

pics like these are always good signatures to threads. post more cats.

Xavier would make the PERFECT DnD character. Would probably drive the GM to suicide though

Well, this is another thread I've won. Better luck next time, Veeky Forums!

>be spoonfed decent points
>nu-huh, I'm right and completely retarded
Whatever (you) say, buddy.

>myrkul sounds like a fucking special snowflake. thank god that shit game series is dying out, 5e did a better job of being D&D than D&D ever did.
Actually, Myrkul spent most of 3.X being dead and he's back in 5E. Though who knows why, Kelemvor's still around doing his job and so he's pretty much just some jackass who kills people even though Bhaal still has command over murder and even Jergal is still around for the sorting of the dead.

>>
Anonymous 10/27/17(Fri)13:18:02 No.56096692 ▶ File: Spoiler Image (350 KB, 499x274)
350 KB
(You)
And anyone who tries to enlighten others TASTES THE PAIN
>>
Anonymous 10/27/17(Fri)13:18:54 No.56096707 ▶It's a slow day. Might as well take a nibble.
>>
Anonymous 10/27/17(Fri)13:19:08 No.56096709 ▶
File: image.png (207 KB, 600x635)
207 KB
>>
Anonymous 10/27/17(Fri)13:19:22 No.56096712 ▶
nigel thornberry is pretty badass haha

thank you for spoilering that.

>>
Anonymous 10/27/17(Fri)13:20:54 No.56096732 ▶
File: image.jpg (67 KB, 783x377)
67 KB
>>
Anonymous 10/27/17(Fri)13:21:45 No.56096744 ▶
D&D could have been a perfect game if it didn't hamfist the notion of religion down your throat.

Like, maybe I just want to be a guy who fights monsters and stuff, not have to listen to Tymora squeal all day about her sisters and then get mad when I don't fucking care.

I don't know why they felt the need to give religions such a powerful role, they should have left it as cult activity and been done with it there.
>>
Anonymous 10/27/17(Fri)13:22:00 No.56096750 ▶File: image.jpg (38 KB, 423x413)
38 KB
>>
Anonymous 10/27/17(Fri)13:23:12 No.56096768 ▶
pics like these are always good signatures to threads. post more cats.
>>
Anonymous 10/27/17(Fri)13:24:16 No.56096786 ▶
Xavier would make the PERFECT DnD character. Would probably drive the GM to suicid